• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You remind me why Ant-Man vs Atom happens:
Atom bumped into Ant-Man's lab and Hank accused Ray for trespassing and intrusion. Yes trespassing and intrusion can trigger self defense or even lethal weapon use by rednecks.
Also:
Stitch crashed into and destroyed the spaceship of Rocket Raccoon and even swore at Rocket.
Steven just built a cooler sand castle and Star killed him for it

Just had a thought. What if Makima delays Gojo with her army of Devils, fiends, and hybrids. So she can insta kill him with the death ritual.
Can she even stall Gojo long enough? Gojo has barrier to trap Makima and his better AOE attacks to sweep out her lesser pawns.

Oh Gojo's Six Eyes will let him know what Makima is planning so Makima is likely not running away with this.

@TherewolfMedia
5 hours ago
Lyrics:
Defying the darkness to see the light
Bending thoughts and controlling minds

A Puppeteer
With crimson chains
Controlling minds by cruel design
You can't Manipulate the sorcerer
Cast the chains
Darkness draws near

I’m cursed, blue, and frenzied
With strength and blinding speed
Six eyes shine bright
Controlling minds
Six eyes shine bright

A puppeteer
With crimson chains
Controlling minds
By cruel design
Under your control
We will fill the void
With this necessary evil

The last few lines talks more about Makima but they end at around 01:33. Thereafter it is all instrumental.
The latter parts and the closing part seem to be heavily inspired by the JJK intermission.

Last edited:
Can she even stall Gojo long enough? Gojo has barrier to trap Makima and his better AOE attacks to sweep out her lesser pawns.

Oh Gojo's Six Eyes will let him know what Makima is planning so Makima is likely not running away with this.
The OST may suggest Makima W. I saw a comment in somewhere which claims that the last part of the OST is the remix of "KICK BACK".

The OST may suggest Makima W. I saw a comment in somewhere which claims that the last part of the OST is the remix of "KICK BACK".
To be honest, this is why I thought of the stall to perform death ritual. I was wondering how could Makima get the win and then I remembered that Wiz and Boomstick mentioned it in her preview. Granted that is the only ability she has shown before the big reveal and they were specifically avoiding saying said reveal.im the preview. But still, am trying to figure out what reason they would say she wins if the "Music track always spoils" stays true.

To be honest, this is why I thought of the stall to perform death ritual. I was wondering how could Makima get the win and then I remembered that Wiz and Boomstick mentioned it in her preview. Granted that is the only ability she has shown before the big reveal and they were specifically avoiding saying said reveal.im the preview. But still, am trying to figure out what reason they would say she wins if the "Music track always spoils" stays true.
I don't think this is always the case. Considering the more recent tracks have held back on spoiling the winner.

Someone mentioned it could be Makima trying to mindhax Gojo, I think he could respond with a DE by then.
If the "Music track always spoils" stays true and what I noted can also be true

Makima W situation:
Makima summoned her armies and was stalling long enough against Gojo for her to perform "that Death Ritual".

Gojo W situation:
Gojo could clear Makima's armies fast enough and she resorted to try to directly Control Gojo but failed and was stunned with DE and then erased with Purple.

Last edited:
If the "Music track always spoils" stays true and what I noted can also be true

Makima W situation:
Makima summoned her armies and was stalling long enough against Gojo for her to perform "that Death Ritual".

Gojo W situation:
Gojo could clear Makima's armies fast enough and she resorted to try to directly Control Gojo but failed and was stunned with DE and then erased with Purple.
The fact we have to call it "that death ritual" made me remember JJK and CSM are opposites in how powers are portrayed.

JJK has a well defined power system, every character will explain their ability with at least 2 pages of verbose, then the ability gets likened to a real world phenomenon, then Gege hires a team of mathematicians to explain it even better in interviews, then Gege releases a LN to explain the abilities in even more detail.

Meanwhile CSM has no real power system beyond " devil contracts" and most powers/techniques characters use are unnamed, only used once and never touched upon again and are depicted as 2 panels of abstract art before the other guy just drops dead or gets gored.

Last edited:
The fact we have to call it "that death ritual" made me remeber JJK and CSM are opposites in how powers are portrayed.

JJK has a well defined power system, every character will explain their ability with at least 2 pages of verbose, then the ability gets likened to a real world phenomenon, then Gege hires a team of mathematicians to explain it even better in interviews, then Gege releases a LN to explain the abilities in even more detail.

Meanwhile CSM has no real power system beyond "devil contracts" and most powers/techniques characters use are unamed, only used once and never touched upon again and are depicted as 2 panels of abstract art before the other guy just drops dead or gets gored.
So true
Even for that infamous dimension cleavage we have Sukuna briefly explain how he just managed to bisect Gojo.

But for Makima being eaten by Denji and then reincarnated as Nayuta, I am sure some people are still not satisfied with how those things happen even nowadays.

Worse still, a lot of crazy powers have severe drawbacks and get stupidly worked around like it is a combination of PIS, CIS and bad plot planning. Sadly this is how some characters get ridiculously strong in fiction - and sometimes they broke the story.

My opinion (I've read both mangas)

• Gojo easily has the stat trinity (by a big margin if they use certain feats/scaling) and infinity negates most of her stuff
  • Gojo is also stated to be able to kill every person in Japan on his own if he wanted to so her ressurection can be dealt with Dio/Alucard style (nigh infinite energy go brrr)
  • Cosmo stuff doesn't have feats or statements on the level of Unlimited Void (everything in the universe =/= infinite sets of information unfortunately) and whether Makima would get resistance itself is meh
  • Assuming "Bang" works, she has to detach his head or he can just regenerate (with basically infinite potency due to Six Eyes, she is NOT making him strain his brain like Sukuna)
  • Gojo has been shown to exude a huge aura so whether or not she even sees herself as superior to "control" him is questionable (this is a guy who said "throughout heaven and earth, I alone am the honoured one"...)
  • Her abstract existence/devil physiology is not an advantage, especially as Jujutsu Kaisen curses are also abstract in nature and Gojo (and cursed energy specifically) can affect them fine
  • Time hax is useless since Gojo functioned perfectly fine in prison real (where time doesn't flow)
  • Realistically Gojo's Six Eyes alerts him to Makima and her troubles, then he immediately blitzes and Domain Expansions her GG

• Gojo easily has the stat trinity (by a big margin if they use certain feats/scaling) and infinity negates most of her stuff
  • Gojo is also stated to be able to kill every person in Japan on his own if he wanted to so her ressurection can be dealt with Dio/Alucard style (nigh infinite energy go brrr)
  • Cosmo stuff doesn't have feats or statements on the level of Unlimited Void (everything in the universe =/= infinite sets of information unfortunately) and whether Makima would get resistance itself is meh
  • Assuming "Bang" works, she has to detach his head or he can just regenerate (with basically infinite potency due to Six Eyes, she is NOT making him strain his brain like Sukuna)
  • Gojo has been shown to exude a huge aura so whether or not she even sees herself as superior to "control" him is questionable (this is a guy who said "throughout heaven and earth, I alone am the honoured one"...)
  • Her abstract existence/devil physiology is not an advantage, especially as Jujutsu Kaisen curses are also abstract in nature and Gojo (and cursed energy specifically) can affect them fine
  • Time hax is useless since Gojo functioned perfectly fine in prison real (where time doesn't flow)
  • Realistically Gojo's Six Eyes alerts him to Makima and her troubles, then he immediately blitzes and Domain Expansions her GG
Bingo bingo!

satoru_gojo_vs_makima__by_cykerlol_dgd47dq-pre.jpg

@TherewolfMedia
5 hours ago
Lyrics:
Defying the darkness to see the light
Bending thoughts and controlling minds

A Puppeteer
With crimson chains
Controlling minds by cruel design
You can't Manipulate the sorcerer
Cast the chains
Darkness draws near

I’m cursed, blue, and frenzied
With strength and blinding speed
Six eyes shine bright
Controlling minds
Six eyes shine bright

A puppeteer
With crimson chains
Controlling minds
By cruel design
Under your control
We will fill the void
With this necessary evil

The last few lines talks more about Makima but they end at around 01:33. Thereafter it is all instrumental.
The latter parts and the closing part seem to be heavily inspired by the JJK intermission.

I regret opening the spoiler thread because now we've lost it
I totally made the spoiler tab.
Did you open it?
(Which others do you open too?)

Replace Saitama with Discord or add another door
Add one shut door of Last Dragonborn and a tumor on Grim Reaper Liam's head.

Gojo vs Makima is different. For Dio vs Alucard and Saitama vs Popeye, the general consensus is different between among very casual normies and among vs debaters. This time even the vs debaters are sort of divided in Gojo vs Makima. Or, to be more precise, the normies are thinking Makima wins but the vs debaters are slightly inclined towards Gojo incapping Makima.

Speaking of Liam Swan, he said he was particularly hyped in Chosen Undead vs Last Dragonborn, he was assigned to debate for Chosen Undead at Death Battle Cast, and then the episode was out. Dragonborn won.
This same Liam Swan also was assigned to debate for Makima at Death Battle Cast of Satoru Gojo vs Makima. Liam also said he was hyped for this matchup. And then the Satoru Gojo vs Makima episode was also announced and is to be released by Monday afternoon/Tuesday post midnight. Guess who wins this time.

Last edited:

Not to say I disagree with you (because it does look reasonable) but I feel like this statement overlooks certain advantages Makima has

Not to say I disagree with you (because it does look reasonable) but I feel like this statement overlooks certain advantages Makima has
There are several winning conditions for Makima sure
  • Numbers advantage with her armies plus Death Ritual is actually one smart move to bypass Gojo's Limitless (this can be mitigated by Gojo with his crowd control techniques but depending on what speed gaps Death Battle buy this may buy time for Makima to do the Death Ritual) - if this could be pulled out without being interrupted by any means
  • Control (this really depends on how Death Battle views how Makima's powers work - at worst they may interpret Control as "dependent on raw power gap")
  • Stat gap (if you do not buy domain expansion and pocket dimension creation with object creation as AP feat, and if you disallow Gojo to upscale from Kashimo and even Sukuna in speed)
  • How Bang works (from how Denji is propelled by Bang to space I am inclined to believe that Bang is just one "spirit bullet" shot instead of "dimension cleavage" that ignores distance travelled. I may be incorrect in here.)
P.S: @Jasonsith I still hold to the belief that 0:50 onward sounds like Secret Rings OST.

That distorted voice pitch/filter sounds like something that would come out of that game. Can't put my finger on specific tracks off the top of my head, though.
I can get your point and respect your thought. Good luck people realise Erazor Djinn and Merlina the Wizard are final bosses in Sonic games. One Hoopa vs Erazor Djinn helps revive people's attention to Sonic and the Secret Rings. Guess if one Magolor vs Merlina the Wizard and/or Raiden Shogun vs Merlina the Wizard would help reviving people's attention towards Sonic and the Black Knight.

I ain't going to lie but Gojo's hax seems more overall impressive on the surface than Makima's like a quality vs quantity scenario, for Makima's a lot of it's very questionable whether it'd actually work on him or require specific circumstances or prep not applicable in a 1 on 1 fight wheras Gojo's is autonomous and infinity is just broken, paired with him having a seemingly infinite pool of curse energy to quote "I can do this all day"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back