• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20230823-071435_YouTube.jpg

Not to be rude but....wtf is even going on in that fight, what's with the space office in the beginning? (I'm fairly well read with MM but I don't remember his detective stuff taking place in space unless that's something new) and why does everything feel like its in slow motion? I want to have high hopes for it cause I really like both of these characters so I'll obviously reserve judgement cause previews don't always show the full potential of a fight, but idk that was just a really weird preview

Not to be rude but....wtf is even going on in that fight, what's with the space office in the beginning? (I'm fairly well read with MM but I don't remember his detective stuff taking place in space unless that's something new) and why does everything feel like its in slow motion? I want to have high hopes for it cause I really like both of these characters so I'll obviously reserve judgement cause previews don't always show the full potential of a fight, but idk that was just a really weird preview
I feel its supposed to be a call back to the old 50s sci-fi stuff along with the noir thing

I feel it depends on how long is the fight

I feel its supposed to be a call back to the old 50s sci-fi stuff along with the noir thing

I feel it depends on how long is the fight
yeah the 50s scifi and noir stuff i get, its more about why was there a detectives office in space that's confusing me

also I generally agree with your own statements on the match, especially the voice acting, as SS va is like SPOT on with how he sounds in the 90s cartoon

I think so. AVGN even said so in his SS NES review "I haven't read any of the comics, but isn't Silver Surfer supposed to be very strong?"
Small Building level, Superhuman NES SS

I could vote but before that I'll have to make another Discord account, join the Death Battle Discord server with a different IP and pay for a YouTube membership. It sounds like a hassle but I'll do it later.

This Accursed Soul (Satoru Gojo vs Kisuke Urahara) [Jujutsu Kaisen vs Bleach]

Therewolf Media - "Ravaged Remnants" | Ramattra vs Adam Taurus

Read the rules thoroughly is all the advice I'll give, but are you a champions member? If not you can't participate.
I am a champion member.
And I need a good way to get back to Death Battle Official Discord.
WE'RE ALREADY THREE SUBMISSIONS STRONG, KASONIC ARMY UNITE! HELP PUSH THE MU AND SHOW ITS WANTED!
This said, I wonder if any of the followings are actually champion poll worthy
  • Pepsiman vs Coca-cola Polar Bear
  • Zoom vs Homura
  • Haruto Tokishima with Valvrave 1 vs Tian Long with Tianjian 1
  • Magolor vs Merlina the Wizard
  • Son Gohan vs Pegasus Kouga
  • Paul Jeremiah Rabin and Mary Jane Watson (Marvel) vs Semi and Y (Semi and the Magic Cube)
  • Monika vs Miyuki Sone
  • Reisen Udongein Inaba (Touhou Project) vs Black Rabbit (Mondaiji series)
  • Booma (Super Duper Sumos) vs Nozomi Kaminashi (Keijo)
  • Arceus (Pokémon) vs King Drasil (Digimon)
  • Volo and Giratina (Pokémon Legends: Arceus) vs Akemi Suedou and Mother Eater (Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth)
  • Kecleon (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon) vs Anna (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
  • Maybe more...

Please pick one in 2D and one in 3D. Thanks.

A lot of choices for me if 8 want to buy the crowd.
In particular:
Monika vs Miyuki Sone and Gohan vs Kouga in 2D.
Magolor vs Merlina the Wizard and Kecleon vs Anna in 2D or 3D will be fine.
Pepsiman vs Coca-cola Polar Bear seems to stand out in 3D.

GRAHHHHHHH VOTE FOR KASEN VS SONIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kasen_v_Sonic_Base_1.png

Kasen_Vs_Fleetway.png

alright bye again
BTW which art style do you prefer for this matchup (2D / 3D / hand drawn / live action)

Last edited:
Weighing up my options, thinking I'll go with one of the following:
  • Inferno Cop vs Axe Cop
  • Ridley vs Vile (Metroid vs Mega Man)
  • Yu Narukami vs Takumi Aiba (Persona vs Digimon)
  • Demitri vs Slayer (Darkstalkers vs Guilty Gear)
  • Cody Travers vs Axel Stone (Final Fight vs Streets of Rage)
  • Little Mac vs Makunouchi Ippo (Punch-Out!! vs Hajime no Ippo)
Which should I go with? Leaning towards Axe Cop vs Inferno Cop.

Honestly I think most Touhou battles would work best with sprites. Some could work well in different art styles just fine but sprites is all most of them would need, though I think Marisa vs Yuffie could do to be 3D for the Final Fantasty side of things, and Yukari vs Altair could probably tap into some multimedia stuff because of their crazy reality warping.

Damn didn't think someone at that age would lurk here still
As a working adult, I can say the audience in the vs category are much more diverse than you may think.

Weighing up my options, thinking I'll go with one of the following:
  • Inferno Cop vs Axe Cop
  • Ridley vs Vile (Metroid vs Mega Man)
  • Yu Narukami vs Takumi Aiba (Persona vs Digimon)
  • Demitri vs Slayer (Darkstalkers vs Guilty Gear)
  • Cody Travers vs Axel Stone (Final Fight vs Streets of Rage)
  • Little Mac vs Makunouchi Ippo (Punch-Out!! vs Hajime no Ippo)
Which should I go with? Leaning towards Axe Cop vs Inferno Cop.
Since we have a lot of contenders for 2D sprite battles... Ridley vs Vile and Yu Narukami vs Takumi Aiba may actually have a best shot in 3D tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back