• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree, it's Sonic. Just put Sonic in the title and you'll get a lot of views. People don't know Fleetway a lot but they do know Sonic.

I blame the auto corrector. It recognized that I say puto a lot and forced me to say puto rather than puyo.

Reimu will probably have to be out against Madoka or Sailor Moon in order to get views.
I feel it won't be, because people be expecting Game Sonic rather than the British Tsundere Asshole Sonic who's Super Form is a demon.

By the way, I plan to make either a tier list ranking all Touhou matchups based on popularity or a Google document ranking all Touhou matchups based on popularity
I will share it here once I'm done
Thanks.

I feel it won't be, because people be expecting Game Sonic rather than the British Tsundere Asshole Sonic who's Super Form is a demon.
But this will still be Sonic right?
A different, specific incarnation of Sonic.
So lesser heard sure so half-carrying. Not the best to start with carrying Touhou Project. But what else do we have. Dei-san will find out in some time.

(Which scales from God Robotnik who pulls a Disney Genie holding an earth.)

John Wick Vs Aiden Pierce: Sam makes a joke sleeping dogs was better than watchdogs. "John Wick is also very dog heavy". "Aiden wins at a distance, it may be different in a barren warehouse", some talk about the ludonarrative dissonance of watchdogs.
Huh, didn't know this is a thing
Yukari Yakumo Vs Altair: Most don't know Altair, but seeing a 'violin tommygun' immediately gets "oh thats cool" reactions. Ben wants to watch Re:Creators having just seen that weapon. Little talk of the matchup beyond the sole person who knows both saying he gets it and thinks Yakumo probably easily takes it.
Last sentence i kinda agree but without the "easily" part, because if they know Re;Creator then Altair is pretty much plot-haxes bs heavy
Adam West Batman Vs Tokusatsu Spiderman: They've talked about it, and they really like it. "We have to do this cheesy live action" "You could get a halloween outfit and it'd fit", "We give them $5 budget"
Okay this one is funny as heck
And yeah for me, if they cant bring the other big names tokusatsu yet, Toei Spiderman is a good alternative for introducing it to the viewers
Gohan Vs Supergirl: "Classic Gohan request" Ben likes it better than Gohan vs Superboy. "Gohan is plot edging" regarding a new magic super saiyen form, got their thumbnail of the video award
Oof, ZeroGohan bros doesn't feels good
Yusuke vs Reimu: Ben just loves Yusuke. Tiki mentions how this would be a good first match to bring in Touhou. Lots of gushing over YYH.
Obvious choice is the best, rip Yusuke tho lel
Saber Vs Ky: "We've gotta bring Fate in at somepoint" "PREPARE YOURSELF" "It's gonna take forever to know everything" "Type Moon is ridiculous" "Do you know what the moon is" "If theres any other verse that can get to the crazy shit of Fate, Guilty Gear would be it" "It'd be confusing as **** an episode but we'd go all out." They know they need to do Fate, but the research is their bane right now.
About the damn time, they shouldn't be forever avoiding Fate Series forever
They should start with Stay Night and Zero first, no need to take all the research at once and rush, i want Grand Order Servants MU but i know this is the peak craziness of Type-Moon Series so better start with the OG slow and steady

Some good examples here but I feel like Touhou's in a weird spot popularity wise. It's obviously not on the level of the big name comic/shonen fare we get from DB, but it's not obscure by any means either. Kasen, Yukari, and Marisa would probably be a big name attached but tbh I could see Sakuya, Cirno, or Reimu drawing an average sized crowd by themselves.
Reimu and Sakuya i could see ur arguments. there and possibly hold up quite frankly but still need that Certified big name to them to come on

Cirno im not quite sure unless Funny Fairy vs Mascot Skeleton be massively appealing to normies these days
Well i argue that the other massive popular 2hu gals like Youmu and Reisen can drawing an average crowd and views too
The two are very well-known beside Reimu/Marisa/Sakuya (hence they are the Main Characters Gang), Yukari due of her bs opness fame, Cirno due of her funny mascot fame, and Kasen mainly because of the Pikmin hardwork

I don't include Sanae because ngl despite being part of MC Gang, her MU feels lacking, Alice as well because her MU in majority are trash as f*** despite her being the 2nd mascot after Cirno

With the recent hype train of RE4 Remake, it's a good timing for them to bring Leon
Issue is what MU is even there for Leon that's good
Frank was his best
Oof, ZeroGohan bros doesn't feels good
He only likes it over Superboy not over Invincible,Zero and such

About the damn time, they shouldn't be forever avoiding Fate Series forever
They should start with Stay Night and Zero first, no need to take all the research at once and rush, i want Grand Order Servants MU but i know this is the peak craziness of Type-Moon Series so better start with the OG slow and steady
Fate feels like a series they could easily **** up at
it's better to start slow than go crazy on its debut that would make things a nightmare to deal with
Well i argue that the other massive popular 2hu gals like Youmu and Reisen can drawing an average crowd and views too
The two are very well-known beside Reimu/Marisa/Sakuya (hence they are the Main Characters Gang), Yukari due of her bs opness fame, Cirno due of her funny mascot fame, and Kasen mainly because of the Pikmin hardwork

I don't include Sanae because ngl despite being part of MC Gang, her MU feels lacking, Alice as well because her MU in majority are trash as f*** despite her being the 2nd mascot after Cirno
Idk who Reisen has,Youmu alts have better/been on already

I think that Marisa vs Yuffie does, FF7 is still the most well known FF and Yuffie's probably next up after Tifa, Cloud, and Sephiroth, Kasen vs Fleetway Sonic counts if you view it as a version of Sonic (and absolutely doesn't if you view it as a little known version of Sonic), not sure about Remilia vs Rachel at this point since BlazBlue is both not at the peak of its popularity and on a bit of a hiatus at the moment, but I think it would actually eliminate Yusuke vs Reimu considering the lack of western knowledge on both franchises (if this was a Japanese show then I think both would be well known enough to carry an unknown). If a new BlazBlue is announced then Clash of the Noble Vampire Brats is back on the table.

As for others, I don't exactly like Flandre vs Marx but it definitely fits the criteria, same with Yuuma/Kirby.
If this was a Japanese aimed show Touhou would be the franchise carrying views on its own LMAO. Unironically Kasen would probably be carrying the views compared to Sonic.

I mean, they did it with Archie Sonic and it wasn’t a problem. The episode is called Flash vs Sonic and it’s one of the top 3 most viewed of its season. I think just calling it Kasen vs Sonic would be fine, and Sonic’s big enough to carry views on his own, every episode he’s been in has performed very well.

I think people are also forgetting Fleetway Sonic just had a massive boost of popularity recently due to Friday Night Funkin mods, his song in that mod was so popular it oulledwhich unironically might help with his viewership a fair bit.

With that name it would probably be censored in latin america,lol.
It’s Puyo Puyo lmao.

Also if I had to talk what Touhou MUs would be best off / most likely purely from having characters to attach to.

Kasen vs Fleetway Sonic (is tied to an iteration of Sonic, even if he’s an obscure version, he’ll carry the episode)

Sakuya vs Hit (Dragon Ball would carry views, basically guaranteed to be one of the best performing episode with Touhou, Sakuya is also popular herself)

Marisa vs Yuffie (Marisa is one of the most recognizable Touhous, Final Fantasy, particularly 7, is one of the biggest and most recognizable RPGs ever, would likely do fine)

Reimu vs Arle / Yusuke / Sailor Mars (All 3 opponents are on similar levels of popularity in different areas I’d say, and Reimu being the main character and relatively recognizable could potentially carry in its own

Cirno vs Jack (Cirno is surprisingly popular outside of the 2hu community, Jack Frost could potentially pull in Persona fans alongside SMT fans, both of which are large franchises. Could likely perform decently)

Flandre vs Marx (Flandre is pretty recognizable outside the community, Marx has Kirby popularity and is relatively iconic, could potentially work well. Same applies for Kirby vs Yuuma)

Yukari’s acclaim on Versus may be able to carry on its own, Ran Yakumo vs Archie Tails is potentially viable?

Issue is what MU is even there for Leon that's good
Frank was his best
Shoot, you're right
Shoot now you said it, Leon MU is pretty lacking beside him against Frank
He only likes it over Superboy not over Invincible,Zero and such
Still not looking good, but we'll see
Fate feels like a series they could easily **** up at
it's better to start slow than go crazy on its debut that would make things a nightmare to deal with
Yeah that's what i'm talking about, which is why they should start with Zero/Stay Night
Idk who Reisen has,Youmu alts have better/been on already
Maybe Pikmin or Fuji can remind me which MU Reisen has

Continuing this, i forgor that there are Remilia vs Rachel and Flandre vs Marx, while this one are popular, i feel this MU aren't the top priority if you ask me
Yuuma is a recent 2hu gal that aren't massive popular but has her opponent carried it (Kirby), and it's also because of the meme connection too

Oh and beside Youmu, Mokou as a variety of good MU and massively popular too

There's the other popular 2hu gals like Yuyuko, Utsuho, Koishi, Miko, Seija, and Junko, yet they don't have a good MU for now
...Maybe Yuyuko and Junko have it (mainly because of my ideas) but it need a push-ovet lel

till not looking good, but we'll see
from Ultra
"I would say it has a decent following amongst the vs crowd, but I would also say that Mark and the kryptonians are more well known than Ultraman amongst the general public who don't frequent the vs community. It uniroincally reminds me of Galaxia in a way , in that most people probably didn't know much about her since her season of Sailor moon wasn't released until years after the series already peaked. But she made it over Beerus much popular picks"

so it has a decent clout but it needs more of a push to get to "okay lets what about this MU"

Also as per the fireside chat. Bill vs Discord’s outcome was one that they took “very seriously”
I really hope they got it right, since context is key for understanding why Bill's hype is mostly false.

Also singular MLP universes are basically many 2As in size alone, so any wanked version of Bill short of Dimensional Tiering gets wasted.

FtkUVynXgAIcD2x

Guys, I need an alternative to Tiermaker, look how each tier came out. You can barely see them.

In case y'all wanna use my tier list template, here it is. I will probably make a better one tomorrow once I find a better alternative cuz you can't see the MUs very well in this one.

Also as per the fireside chat. Bill vs Discord’s outcome was one that they took “very seriously”
I really hope they got it right, since context is key for understanding why Bill's hype is mostly false.

Also singular MLP universes are basically many 2As in size alone, so any wanked version of Bill short of Dimensional Tiering gets wasted.
Is DJTiki and Liam Swan overseeing this? Experience says their supervision can be helpful.

G1 bloggers triggered

Maybe Rooster Teeth should look at this one.
The one time where composite vs composite would make sense, because the Turtles have so many appearances and team RWBY has a bunch of crossovers
Indeed.
TMNT vs RWBY highly boils down to what versions of the turtles there facing

If it's the standard turtles then RWBY wins
If it's Dragon amp shit from The 03 versions, Whatever they got from Rise they stomp
Pretty much.

TMNT vs RWBY highly boils down to what versions of the turtles there facing

If it's the standard turtles then RWBY wins
If it's Dragon amp shit from The 03 versions, Whatever they got from Rise they stomp
Genuinely want to see them do composites just to have one of the arguments be 'Team RWBY fought Batman and won, the Turtles fought him and lost'

So ever since they confirmed here that even 700k views in a day is good, I havent followed views too much, but I did see sth.

GogetaVegito managed to climb as 3rd best viewed ep in 2nd half of S9. Still, 2.4 mil for a finale has been kinda bad...

Meanwhile, OmniLander has 6 weeks to get 10 mil views in a year. Its at mighty 9.4 mil, can it do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back