• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't what exactly makes Ben like Supergirl more than Superboy for Gohan

She offers utterly nothing.
Even if Supergirl offers nothing, at least have Supergirl vs She-Hulk to meet the Superman vs Hulk hype.

GoMark, GoGa and GoZero fans SMH moment

Fellas, what's your opinion on this image?
12599346_hi.jpg

Probably will update it over time but Fireside stuff:
  • - Brought up using different Lanterns on the show, mainly interested in Jon​
  • - brought up bringing back Leon, Frank, Spawn, etc​
  • - brought up remastering Terminator vs Robocop and Dante vs Bayonetta​
  • - DBX isn’t dead, they have been working on it and wanna bring it back when they can​
  • - Interested in doing another boxing ep​
  • wanna do more Live Action fights, time and money is the main thing​
  • - Have talked about doing more Mythology matchups (named off Zeus vs Odin specifically)​
  • - Talked about doing a cryptid episode​
  • - brought up bringing back Leon, Frank, Spawn, etc​
  • Talked about Cartoon fights, Mickey vs Bugs is #1. Brought up Jimmy vs Dexter as well​

They could always use Marisa tossing around planets and being somewhat weaker than Reimu, as a lowball for when she wins and then black box all the crazier stuff
They could just use PC-98 feats. Reimu’s orb malfunctions and blows up, obliterating the entire planet and moon lmao. Yumemi puts the moon in Geosynchronous orbit. Suika throws around star level black holes at reletavistic speeds iirc. That’s literally all they need for the win and it’s the most lowball shit imaginable.

Anyways good news, I might be able to write and sorta direct a Kasen vs Fleetway with someone I commd and maybe a Marisa vs Yuffie animation with a friend of mine. Can’t guarantee the latter will happen but the former is essentially guaranteed. Keep an eye out ( :<

Anyways good news, I might be able to write and sorta direct a Kasen vs Fleetway with someone I commd and maybe a Marisa vs Yuffie animation with a friend of mine. Can’t guarantee the latter will happen but the former is essentially guaranteed. Keep an eye out ( :<
Are you giving Josh a try?

Just listen to what he is capable of

additional info
  • Liam guessed almost all of Season 2 correctly from memory
  • Goku vs Superman 2 is Ben’s least favorite episode
  • Chad rly likes Rocket Raccoon
- Don’t care about a lot of Luffy fights, named off Nastu as one they weren’t into, Plastic Man, Popeye, Naruto, Mr Fantastic, etc
- Trying to make Champions get episodes early like First members
- Made fun of Special K’s dumbass request to get Season 10’s combatants
- Tune into the DBC next week for info about a new “thing” for Death Battle

I wouldn’t say Arle is a complete who, Puyo is pretty well known and has had a pretty successful crossover with Tetris of all things. It’s definitely a more eastern franchise rather than a western one
Sad... When people say big names like Sakura Kinomoto are whos.

Of course when people call off Sakura Kinomoto as a who, people means Americans are far more short-sighted than the world expects.

brought up remastering Terminator vs Robocop and Dante vs Bayonetta
They should only remaster the former, Dante vs Bayonetta doesn't need one.
Do Terminator vs Robocop and Dante vs Bayonetta need a reexamination instead of a remaster?

... Why are you bringing this up? Anything special other than some age restriction limits in place?

Also last few

Chad Brought up a "certain" Gag Episode for S10 he and ben are passionate about

idk if this is true but They also basically said Lord Drakkon vs Zi-Oh isn't happening
"You can have one non-mainstream character, you can't have two"
"Yes. There is no real limit for how obscure a character they can use, but one of the fighters absolutely needs to do the heavy lifting."
Putting this into the Touhou Project means:

The first Touhou Project character must be so visible.
Or the opponent will be.
... Is Marisa Kirisame vs Yuffie Kisaragi and Remilia Scarlet vs Rachel Alucard satisfying the criteria?

Can Yusuke Urameshi vs Yoh Asakura or Ichigo Kurosaki still happen? See the crew are busy and I really do not want their efforts be wasted on Yusuke Urameshi vs Reimu Hakurei.

Or the opponent will be.
... Is Marisa Kirisame vs Yuffie Kisaragi and Remilia Scarlet vs Rachel Alucard satisfying the criteria?

Can Yusuke Urameshi vs Yoh Asakura or Ichigo Kurosaki still happen? See the crew are busy and I really do not want their efforts be wasted on Yusuke Urameshi vs Reimu Hakurei.
I think that Marisa vs Yuffie does, FF7 is still the most well known FF and Yuffie's probably next up after Tifa, Cloud, and Sephiroth, Kasen vs Fleetway Sonic counts if you view it as a version of Sonic (and absolutely doesn't if you view it as a little known version of Sonic), not sure about Remilia vs Rachel at this point since BlazBlue is both not at the peak of its popularity and on a bit of a hiatus at the moment, but I think it would actually eliminate Yusuke vs Reimu considering the lack of western knowledge on both franchises (if this was a Japanese show then I think both would be well known enough to carry an unknown). If a new BlazBlue is announced then Clash of the Noble Vampire Brats is back on the table.

As for others, I don't exactly like Flandre vs Marx but it definitely fits the criteria, same with Yuuma/Kirby.

They could just use PC-98 feats. Reimu’s orb malfunctions and blows up, obliterating the entire planet and moon lmao. Yumemi puts the moon in Geosynchronous orbit. Suika throws around star level black holes at reletavistic speeds iirc. That’s literally all they need for the win and it’s the most lowball shit imaginable.
I just remembered. Since PC-98 and Windows era got proven to be a single continuity I wonder how that will affect the way I scale the series. PC-98 had more blatant destruction feats.
I wouldn’t say Arle is a complete who, Puyo is pretty well known and has had a pretty successful crossover with Tetris of all things. It’s definitely a more eastern franchise rather than a western one
I disagree. I'd say Puto Puto is very unpopular here in the west. So unpopular that I only know about them because of this video of Schizo.

And r/dbm promoting their MUs (They are gaslightning me to believe these characters I never heard off are the best opponents for my favorite characters)

Or the opponent will be.

Ngl I am not sure if those 2 MUs would bring a lot of views unless I am misunderstanding hos popular Touhou is here in the west. I only know Yuffie because people pit her against Marisa and that Yuffie commission from Brandon Yates. The only popular Final Fantasy characters are Sephiroth, Cloud and Tifa. The others are not mainstream. As for Rachel, Remilia would have to carry hard the popularity cuz I haven't heard anyone talk about Rachel and BlazBlue outside the vs community in years.

I should look at Touhou matchups and say which ones are the likeliest to happen based on the popularity of the characters.

I think that Marisa vs Yuffie does, FF7 is still the most well known FF and Yuffie's probably next up after Tifa, Cloud, and Sephiroth,
Eh if Cloud vs Link 2 didn't pull great numbers i don't think Yuffie will do better plus its female themed episode so it chances don't bode too well for its chances
Kasen vs Fleetway Sonic counts if you view it as a version of Sonic (and absolutely doesn't if you view it as a little known version of Sonic)
bout right
, but I think it would actually eliminate Yusuke vs Reimu considering the lack of western knowledge on both franchises (if this was a Japanese show then I think both would be well known enough to carry an unknown). If a new BlazBlue is announced then Clash of the Noble Vampire Brats is back on the table.
nah it wouldn't get rid of Yusuke vs Reimu given folks know Yusuke

Touhou Needs a Mu that features a Big Name Franchise next to it

i'll help out

deg0fjz-29e6524a-e662-42ce-ba4d-8a2cb22affa5.jpg
de79t42-2b72c3d8-9b0f-4a8e-be47-2e8c25c253a1.png
kasen_ibaraki_vs_fleetway_sonic_by_randor2000_dfrhdnz-pre.jpg
Some good examples here but I feel like Touhou's in a weird spot popularity wise. It's obviously not on the level of the big name comic/shonen fare we get from DB, but it's not obscure by any means either. Kasen, Yukari, and Marisa would probably be a big name attached but tbh I could see Sakuya, Cirno, or Reimu drawing an average sized crowd by themselves.

Also last few

Chad Brought up a "certain" Gag Episode for S10 he and ben are passionate about

"You can have one non-mainstream character, you can't have two"
"Yes. There is no real limit for how obscure a character they can use, but one of the fighters absolutely needs to do the heavy lifting."
Great, now I gotta try and convince people that the VeggieTales memes are enough to make that series "mainstream enough" for them to do Larryboy vs Bibleman...

I think that Marisa vs Yuffie does, FF7 is still the most well known FF and Yuffie's probably next up after Tifa, Cloud, and Sephiroth, Kasen vs Fleetway Sonic counts if you view it as a version of Sonic (and absolutely doesn't if you view it as a little known version of Sonic), not sure about Remilia vs Rachel at this point since BlazBlue is both not at the peak of its popularity and on a bit of a hiatus at the moment, but I think it would actually eliminate Yusuke vs Reimu considering the lack of western knowledge on both franchises (if this was a Japanese show then I think both would be well known enough to carry an unknown). If a new BlazBlue is announced then Clash of the Noble Vampire Brats is back on the table.

As for others, I don't exactly like Flandre vs Marx but it definitely fits the criteria, same with Yuuma/Kirby.
Yeah, I don't think STC Sonic will make up for Touhou relative obscurity cause this ************ is arguably just as obscure outside of his Super Form, STC Amy and those idiotic out of context panels.

Some good examples here but I feel like Touhou's in a weird spot popularity wise. It's obviously not on the level of the big name comic/shonen fare we get from DB, but it's not obscure by any means either. Kasen, Yukari, and Marisa would probably be a big name attached but tbh I could see Sakuya, Cirno, or Reimu drawing an average sized crowd by themselves.
Reimu and Sakuya i could see ur arguments. there and possibly hold up quite frankly but still need that Certified big name to them to come on

Cirno im not quite sure unless Funny Fairy vs Mascot Skeleton be massively appealing to normies these days

Last edited:
Gag episode huh...

Is cereal mascot battle royale or Disney Princess battle royale actually happening?

While Yusuke Urameshi can share some close connections with Reimu Hakurei and is the primary protagonist of Yu Yu Hakusho, he still has Yoh Asakura and Ichigo Kurosaki.
Technically Reimu Hakurei also has Sailor Moon, Sailor Mars and Madoka Kaname.
So more like they have their own betters.

Feel sorry for this commissioner here

Until another Touhou Project character gets into okay first then Reimu Hakurei can now carry the episode by herself.

I mean, I guess he kinda posses that clout indirectly though his Super Form...though not on a powerscaler way more like "This cool devil from hell is gonna kill us all"
Fleetway Sonic is Sonic played by Tetsuo Shima (Akira)/Kaede (Elfen Lied)

Did they mention Skies Of Arcadia in the Fireside Chat?
Getting back to work for me, cannot screen it through rn

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think STC Sonic will make up for Touhou relative obscurity cause this ************ is arguably just as obscure outside of his Super Form, STC Amy and those idiotic out of context panels.
I disagree, it's Sonic. Just put Sonic in the title and you'll get a lot of views. People don't know Fleetway a lot but they do know Sonic.
With that name it would probably be censored in latin america,lol.
I blame the auto corrector. It recognized that I say puto a lot and forced me to say puto rather than puyo.
While Yusuke Urameshi can share some close connections with Reimu Hakurei and is the primary protagonist of Yu Yu Hakusho, he still has Yoh Asakura and Ichigo Kurosaki.
Technically Reimu Hakurei also has Sailor Moon, Sailor Mars and Madoka Kaname.
So more like they have their own betters.

Feel sorry for this commissioner here

Until another Touhou Project character gets into okay first then Reimu Hakurei can now carry the episode by herself.

Fleetway Sonic is Sonic played by Tetsuo Shima (Akira)/Kaede (Elfen Lied)

Getting back to work for me, cannot screen it through rn

Reimu will probably have to be out against Madoka or Sailor Moon in order to get views.

By the way, I plan to make either a tier list ranking all Touhou matchups based on popularity or a Google document ranking all Touhou matchups based on popularity
I will share it here once I'm done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back