• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of shilling
Gotten this done finally
Gdy542Qy.jpg_large.jpg
Looks good, still a very shit MU tho

Another very shitty MU but the animation goes hard (Though the hand-drawned kill was pretty goofy)

Animator has done their best on Alucard (Hellsing) vs D (Vampire Hunter D).

Glad to see my incessant shilling and the commissions I’ve gotten have given the MU a huge boost, it’s been putting a huge smile on my face seeing so many people make art in support of the matchup and seeing a lot of people push it :)

Sometimes people reach out to me on discord or twitter just to show me something they made for the MU, it’s awesome.

Unfortunately right after saying how hard I’m shilling FleetKasen, I MIGHT have to skip out on this /:

I’m saving up for a trip out of state and have some other bills/comm stuff that’s gonna cost a fair bit, idk if I’ll be able to fit Fleetway vs Kasen in there unless I get some help and people split with me lol.

I’ll try and see if I can somehow cope the money for it but I might just have to wait until the June or July batch /:
This is sad.
Yet, there are some musicians (also friends with Brandon Yates) willing to help. At a discounted price even.
(TehGM/Skye, JPVS/Josh, Infotron, etc.)
(Therewolf Media musics are including one standard track art so this is a small discount too.)

Or you can try splitting cost. I am sure there is already one "official" bill splitting thread at Brandon Yates Discord.

(Sad I am having spare funds for commissioning my matchups but not much extra in helping out this time)

Last edited:

00:04:00 Bendy vs Cuphead (Character)
00:40:30 Spear (Primal) and Fang (Primal) vs San and Moro (Princess Mononoke)
00:41:55 Professor Turo vs Dr. Gero
01:24:30 Nagisa Shiota vs Tokaku Azuma
02:10:30 Sephiroth (Final Fantasy) vs Black Mage
03:01:53 Dusknoir (PMD Explorers) vs Magolor
03:38:48 Steve (The Player (Minecraft)) vs The Terrarian
03:54:43 Kai Chisaki (Overhaul) vs Diavolo
04:17:32 Home Is Where The Hurt Is Phyrexia vs The Borg
04:38:59 Tooru (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) vs Makima

Holy this is a big list.

Off topic: Who is the Black Mage whom Sephiroth was pit against in versus debating
Black Mage from Final Fantasy 1 I'm assuming.
I found it myself thanks.
He's Black Mage (MapleStory)

Ballot Banter 18- Same cast as last time, some quotes may be paraphrased. Watch it yourself for the true experience, it's 30 mins long these are just notes.

Jack Sparrow Vs Guybrush Threepwood: "Monkey Island is some boomer shit from my day", Ben finds it very fun for the personality. Sam likes the fight writing ideas. "We would need a bit where Guybrush needs a weapon and theres just desperate clicking noises". All love it.

Dva vs Mose: "DJ knows a buncha weebs stuff but has nothing", They mostly dont remember Moses but like it, "If we were to bring someone from Overwatch, Dva would be one of the most likely", they know Moses VA

John Wick Vs Aiden Pierce: Sam makes a joke sleeping dogs was better than watchdogs. "John Wick is also very dog heavy". "Aiden wins at a distance, it may be different in a barren warehouse", some talk about the ludonarrative dissonance of watchdogs.

Flippy Vs Naughty: "Naughty bear is a super deep pull", most of them are shocked Naughty Bear even got a sequel. "I don't know if anyone played it", "Ted Vs Naughty was requested a lot back in the day". "If we did this how many people would actually know who they are".

Samantha Vs Jeannie: Instantly stole the deepest pull award from the last match up. Sam is the only one who even remembers it.

Zamasu Vs Gorr: "Zamasu would be fun to bring in", "Classic Comics Vs DBZ". they think its neat

Freddy Vs Pennywise: "Love this everytime we talk about it". Not much said since its shown up a bunch.

Mirajane Vs Terra: Sam questioning if the FF6 cast get their summons. The weebs on the cast just dont remember Mirajane. "As a verse I believe FF6 is above FT", Ben mentions it's been a while since they brought in FT. Sam brings up the FF6 music was very cool and would be fun to use.

Obelix Vs Captain Underpants: A lotta talk about all liking Captain Underpants books back in school. Uncertainty on Asterixs scaling but assume it should be equal. Mention of how theres the guy of Captain Underpants, and the comic version the boys draw confusing Ben which used. Mention of getting Brandons permission to use the audio tracks, and how youtube auto claims it and its a pain on both sides.

Yukari Yakumo Vs Altair: Most don't know Altair, but seeing a 'violin tommygun' immediately gets "oh thats cool" reactions. Ben wants to watch Re:Creators having just seen that weapon. Little talk of the matchup beyond the sole person who knows both saying he gets it and thinks Yakumo probably easily takes it.

Xenomorph Vs Warrior Bugs: Assuming Xenomorphs have way more lore to take it, but a lotta uncertainty. "Throw the bugs from Enders Game in there" "Creative Sticker of Approval"

Adam West Batman Vs Tokusatsu Spiderman: They've talked about it, and they really like it. "We have to do this cheesy live action" "You could get a halloween outfit and it'd fit", "We give them $5 budget"

Guts Vs Clare: They love it from the cast. They gave respect to the thumbnail. "Guts has to come back right?" from Ben

Marquis of Death Vs Superboy Prime: "Superboy prime is someone who would be fun in DB, frustrating but fun". Seems most dont know Marquis assuming he's like black flash.

Rallen Vs Luke Skywalker: They have zero clue what Spectrobes is. They resort to thumbnail judgement because they have nothing to say.

Gohan Vs Supergirl: "Classic Gohan request" Ben likes it better than Gohan vs Superboy. "Gohan is plot edging" regarding a new magic super saiyen form, got their thumbnail of the video award

Yusuke vs Reimu: Ben just loves Yusuke. Tiki mentions how this would be a good first match to bring in Touhou. Lots of gushing over YYH.

Cartman Vs Master Shake: Mentioned it before, "Frylock would be a better character to have on the show", they like Aqua Teen over Southpark in the "edgy shows" list.

Saber Vs Ky: "We've gotta bring Fate in at somepoint" "PREPARE YOURSELF" "It's gonna take forever to know everything" "Type Moon is ridiculous" "Do you know what the moon is" "If theres any other verse that can get to the crazy shit of Fate, Guilty Gear would be it" "It'd be confusing as **** an episode but we'd go all out." They know they need to do Fate, but the research is their bane right now.

Preview of next episode: Mr Fantastic Vs Plastic.

I don't really like how they downplay Aiden Pearce's character. I get he's a 7/10, but the way they treated him rubs me the wrong way.

Most notably his reason behind his actions, his niece didn't just get hurt, she was straight up killed by a human trafficking crime syndicate.

Cool Touhou song
Ballot Banter 18- Same cast as last time, some quotes may be paraphrased. Watch it yourself for the true experience, it's 30 mins long these are just notes.

Jack Sparrow Vs Guybrush Threepwood: "Monkey Island is some boomer shit from my day", Ben finds it very fun for the personality. Sam likes the fight writing ideas. "We would need a bit where Guybrush needs a weapon and theres just desperate clicking noises". All love it.

Dva vs Mose: "DJ knows a buncha weebs stuff but has nothing", They mostly dont remember Moses but like it, "If we were to bring someone from Overwatch, Dva would be one of the most likely", they know Moses VA

John Wick Vs Aiden Pierce: Sam makes a joke sleeping dogs was better than watchdogs. "John Wick is also very dog heavy". "Aiden wins at a distance, it may be different in a barren warehouse", some talk about the ludonarrative dissonance of watchdogs.

Flippy Vs Naughty: "Naughty bear is a super deep pull", most of them are shocked Naughty Bear even got a sequel. "I don't know if anyone played it", "Ted Vs Naughty was requested a lot back in the day". "If we did this how many people would actually know who they are".

Samantha Vs Jeannie: Instantly stole the deepest pull award from the last match up. Sam is the only one who even remembers it.

Zamasu Vs Gorr: "Zamasu would be fun to bring in", "Classic Comics Vs DBZ". they think its neat

Freddy Vs Pennywise: "Love this everytime we talk about it". Not much said since its shown up a bunch.

Mirajane Vs Terra: Sam questioning if the FF6 cast get their summons. The weebs on the cast just dont remember Mirajane. "As a verse I believe FF6 is above FT", Ben mentions it's been a while since they brought in FT. Sam brings up the FF6 music was very cool and would be fun to use.

Obelix Vs Captain Underpants: A lotta talk about all liking Captain Underpants books back in school. Uncertainty on Asterixs scaling but assume it should be equal. Mention of how theres the guy of Captain Underpants, and the comic version the boys draw confusing Ben which used. Mention of getting Brandons permission to use the audio tracks, and how youtube auto claims it and its a pain on both sides.

Yukari Yakumo Vs Altair: Most don't know Altair, but seeing a 'violin tommygun' immediately gets "oh thats cool" reactions. Ben wants to watch Re:Creators having just seen that weapon. Little talk of the matchup beyond the sole person who knows both saying he gets it and thinks Yakumo probably easily takes it.

Xenomorph Vs Warrior Bugs: Assuming Xenomorphs have way more lore to take it, but a lotta uncertainty. "Throw the bugs from Enders Game in there" "Creative Sticker of Approval"

Adam West Batman Vs Tokusatsu Spiderman: They've talked about it, and they really like it. "We have to do this cheesy live action" "You could get a halloween outfit and it'd fit", "We give them $5 budget"

Guts Vs Clare: They love it from the cast. They gave respect to the thumbnail. "Guts has to come back right?" from Ben

Marquis of Death Vs Superboy Prime: "Superboy prime is someone who would be fun in DB, frustrating but fun". Seems most dont know Marquis assuming he's like black flash.

Rallen Vs Luke Skywalker: They have zero clue what Spectrobes is. They resort to thumbnail judgement because they have nothing to say.

Gohan Vs Supergirl: "Classic Gohan request" Ben likes it better than Gohan vs Superboy. "Gohan is plot edging" regarding a new magic super saiyen form, got their thumbnail of the video award

Yusuke vs Reimu: Ben just loves Yusuke. Tiki mentions how this would be a good first match to bring in Touhou. Lots of gushing over YYH.

Cartman Vs Master Shake: Mentioned it before, "Frylock would be a better character to have on the show", they like Aqua Teen over Southpark in the "edgy shows" list.

Saber Vs Ky: "We've gotta bring Fate in at somepoint" "PREPARE YOURSELF" "It's gonna take forever to know everything" "Type Moon is ridiculous" "Do you know what the moon is" "If theres any other verse that can get to the crazy shit of Fate, Guilty Gear would be it" "It'd be confusing as **** an episode but we'd go all out." They know they need to do Fate, but the research is their bane right now.

Preview of next episode: Mr Fantastic Vs Plastic.
This gives me hope that Touhou appears in Death Battle before I die.

Lmao, pretty sure that's what happened last time too. I'm glad at least one person got the MU though, and hearing that Yusuke vs Reimu is a possibility is great too (rip yusuke though lol).
They could always use Marisa tossing around planets and being somewhat weaker than Reimu, as a lowball for when she wins and then black box all the crazier stuff

The real question is whether or not they'd claim the Reimu vs Yusuke battle was close afterwards despite I believe being in the running for the biggest statstomp and haxstomp in maybe the entire show's history.

I don't want Yusuke vs Reimu because it's too likely that would end up being the only matchup for both Yu Yu Hakusho and Touhou for a while, and it feels like there's no way to do the fight justice and have it not be boring. Both franchises deserve better than that.

The only thing that comes to mind in how to do the battle justice in a way that's also entertaining is that they go for a subversion of expectation, have Yusuke try to get through the seemingly impassable wall of projectiles, finally manage to do so and get ready to attack Reimu, only for Reimu to win with her more powerful close range attacks in the end. And I don't think that's anywhere near enough artificial back and forth for what they'd do in a death battle.

Someone did it finally.

The real question is whether or not they'd claim the Reimu vs Yusuke battle was close afterwards despite I believe being in the running for the biggest statstomp and haxstomp in maybe the entire show's history.

I don't want Yusuke vs Reimu because it's too likely that would end up being the only matchup for both Yu Yu Hakusho and Touhou for a while, and it feels like there's no way to do the fight justice and have it not be boring. Both franchises deserve better than that.

The only thing that comes to mind in how to do the battle justice in a way that's also entertaining is that they go for a subversion of expectation, have Yusuke try to get through the seemingly impassable wall of projectiles, finally manage to do so and get ready to attack Reimu, only for Reimu to win with her more powerful close range attacks in the end. And I don't think that's anywhere near enough artificial back and forth for what they'd do in a death battle.
Push Reimu Hakurei vs Arle Nadja or Sakura Kinomoto or Madoka Kaname or Sailor Mars

More like... Have we not had Yusuke Urameshi vs Yoh Asakura and Ichigo Kurosaki?

And Marisa Kirisame vs Yuffie Kisaragi and Remilia Scarlet vs Rachel Alucard to push in Touhou Project should they really wish to sacrifice something to bring in the title of Touhou Project?

i can see them go in route where they'll have it be a stomp but not a complete and utter massacre in a way.
the lowest Reimu can get is Large planet-Star Level compared to Planet Level Yusuke

Femboy prodigy assassin vs tomboy prodigy assassin... This battle gonna get legendary.

issue for the following
1.Is a who
2.Same above
3.Has better options
4.Same as 3

Yusuke is the most familiar one outta of Reimu picks.
Sigh...

But even then Yusuke Urameshi actually also has Yoh Asakura and Ichigo Kurosaki, both being very popular choices should we wish to take Yusuke out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back