• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone’s talking about how controversial this fight is and now much of a snorefest the next time is but you know what REALLY grinds my gears?

The fact the RTX preview was half the ******* fight, they hyped it up to be an extra long fight but it turned out to be the length of a modern 3D fight. Actual bullshit
They never did. The person who posted the preview on Brandon's server never once said it was going to be a "long fight". That was just a troll/ or a game of telephone gone wrong.

No it wasn't.
image.png

They already showed in it that the IT goes far beyond the standard mind hax a normal Genjutsu employs and that it's greater than what Vader has resisted before, also explaining how Vader's had past tendences into giving into them emotions, even if it's momentarily it'd mean everything against an opponent that's fast enough to keep up with you and has TSO's
Cue Luke comparing Vader to Jorus who can mind hax tens of thousands

or Palpatine having galactic tier mindhax

I'm fine with Obito winning but their arguments are pretty weak

In the Blackbox, they claim Vader needs consius thougth to resist Mind and soul hax, which is stupid. Obito also needs to manually use the Sharigan to resist illusions and Naruto needs to pull back his soul to resist soul hax, so why is this even an argument?

They also mentioned the Force not existing on Kamui despite....verse equalization being a thing and how it existed on hyperspace which 5d, no way it won't exist on some random pocket realm, might as well say Vader can't use the force on the Naruto planet.

They also ignored the whole comparison between Senjutsu and The force, which would have made the TSO mute.

Claiming Vader is primarily a close range figher is false when he spams TK on the Kenobi show and Comics

I'm fine with outcome but Jesus Vader got downplayed

I love how they listed him controlling the Son and Daughter but never elaborated on it since they knew Vader would win with that considered.

**** they even gave Obito a bunch of shit that requires prep, Juubito isn't something he can magically bust out like that. Required a whole ass war and outside forces, if they gave that to Obito they should have given Vader his Dark Dimension form since that Requires significantly less prep than Juubito.

Also the whole "Vader can't use the force in another dimension." whenever he literally opened a portal into another dimension with the force.

"The Infinite Tsukuyomi operates on a greater scale than what he has encountered, and affected thousands whom resisted mental attacks"
After knowing how Darth Vader resist to more powerful illusions, and I found that the statement is funny and inaccurate. And it is assuming that the number of mental-resistant species such as Hutt can be counted by one hand.

"The Force does exist across dimensions, such as Hyperspace, but Kamui's specifically disconnected from other realities and obviously not associated with the Star Wars universe, providing little reason to assume the Force would exist within it."
Yeah. Shouldn't they just assume that The Force is everywhere because the claim just make Yoda a 10-B against King Mickey because Dive of the Heart is obviously not associated with the Star Wars universe.

In the end, Death Battle is trying to make sure Vader loses rather than explaining why he loses.

This Obito could achieve what the canon Obito cannot do: this Obito can kill Madara, quickly make the tree grow up and cast illusion so that Naruto and Madara has no time stop him and Naruto has no time receive upgrade.

Last edited:
In an ideal world, the episode would have ended like this:

Vader sees Padmae in his vision and Juubito kills him. All is calm.

Then the Force Ghost of Anakin "I am the ************* Chosen One" Skywalker steps out and obliterates Juubito with the same power he dominated the Ones of Mortis with.

Lest we forget that Obi-Wan pulled the same shit with Starkiller.

In an ideal world, the episode would have ended like this:

Vader sees Padmae in his vision and Juubito kills him. All is calm.

Then the Force Ghost of Anakin "I am the ************* Chosen One" Skywalker steps out and obliterates Juubito with the same power he dominated the Ones of Mortis with.

Lest we forget that Obi-Wan pulled the same shit with Starkiller.
Tbh I feel like showing Vader his dead lover would probably just piss him off lmfao.

How dare you make my deceased beloved an illusion

Proceeds to light saber Obito to death
Better yet, its a fakeout like Vegeta vs Thor, Obito thinks he killed Vader with the sword but the dust clears and Vader is holding the blade without touching it using the Force, not even looking at Obito, and just crushes him

Better yet, its a fakeout like Vegeta vs Thor, Obito thinks he killed Vader with the sword but the dust clears and Vader is holding the blade without touching it using the Force, not even looking at Obito, and just crushes him
It would be more creative if Vader literally chucks his Kyber crystal inside Obito's body, and used combustion to blow it up.

Maybe have a fakeout with Izanagi, only for Vader to resist it (If G1 blogs argument is to be believed) essentially fooling Obito and using his own illusion against him.

One of the researchers answered a bunch of questions addressing the common complaints in the official discord.

No, I won't post them, but I will say this ep went through several drafts and some key pieces of information were re-worded or cut all together.
Would you mind sending them to me? I'm curious

How this commissioned music is out

But the battle music is not
20230718_010959.jpg

is beyond me.

Also, I can see why some Star Wars fans are so angry about this episode. (Esp. when they may previously have watched Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Kakashi Hatake.)

This will leave a scar on future Star Wars episodes, including matchups with Palpatine, Rey, Kylo Ren, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and more.

Would you mind sending them to me? I'm curious
Would like a copy for me thanks.

How this commissioned music is out

But the battle music is not
20230718_010959.jpg

is beyond me.

Also, I can see why some Star Wars fans are so angry about this episode. (Esp. when they may previously have watched Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Kakashi Hatake.)

This will leave a scar on future Star Wars episodes, including matchups with Palpatine, Rey, Kylo Ren, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and more.

I still havent heard back from Brandon regarding the matchup i commissioned :/

It would be more creative if Vader literally chucks his Kyber crystal inside Obito's body, and used combustion to blow it up.

Maybe have a fakeout with Izanagi, only for Vader to resist it (If G1 blogs argument is to be believed) essentially fooling Obito and using his own illusion against him.
TFW you realize that if they actually gave Vader his accurate powerset, Obito should have died the first time Vader stabbed him through the chest

What is with hype match ups into boring next time?

Who tf asked for Phoenix vs Raven? Who asked for another DC vs Marvel so soon? Who asked for another superuniverdalouterveralbiggaton vs superoutuniversalbiggaton herald characters going at it? It's going to be another mess of scaling and cosmology nonsense. Maybe it's just filler at this point like Killua vs Misaka.

Also it's a completely one sided stomp.

Luckily Vader vs Obito salt should last until the next time.

Going back to sleep I see y'all really going in it

What is with hype match ups into boring next time?

Who tf asked for Phoenix vs Raven? Who asked for another DC vs Marvel so soon? Who asked for another superuniverdalouterveralbiggaton vs superoutuniversalbiggaton herald characters going at it? It's going to be another mess of scaling and cosmology nonsense. Maybe it's just filler at this point like Killua vs Misaka.

Also it's a completely one sided stomp.

Luckily Vader vs Obito salt should last until the next time.
Raven vs Jean is a popular Marvel vs DC mu issue is Ben didn't say any value in doing it in s5 due to looking at it as a stomp in jean favor

Could be different now but meh we'll see

As stated previously, if they think Raven is anywhere close to Pheonix they're essentially saying Raven >= Marvel Cosmology, which is so ludicrously absurd and absolute wank.

This battle is essentially how hard are they going to downplay Marvel cosmology.
In the past, they likely only have only Teen Titans animation Raven
Now they have comics Raven.
Since Zatanna can actually win against Scarlet Witch but Black Adam lost to Apocalypse, now they must decide whether Raven is more akin to Black Adam or Zatanna.

Have a polite reminder DM to him.

Likely he is now processing / polishing on the last 15 pieces of Season 6 works.

And March 2023 batch folks would need to wait up till late August 2023 or even early September 2023.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back