• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really at this point we need to talk about what actually constitutes as being obscure and one that has clout but not a huge one in the west
Off the top of my head:

Obscure would be something like Yo-Kai Watch! (Still remains pretty popular in Japan but it's all but dead in the West) while something popular but didn't hit the big time in the West (USA mainly since we all know who the main target demographic for DB is) would be Saint Seiya (very popluar in Japan, Latin America and parts of Europe yet never quite reach the levels of Sailor Moon or DBZ in the USA).

Really at this point we need to talk about what actually constitutes as being obscure and one that has clout but not a huge one in the west
Say it with me.
Saint Seiya~

Seriously, Saint Seiya in general is far bigger in the East than in the United States.

For a more unconventional kind of fight, what do y'all think about Shodan (System Shock) vs GLADOS (Portal)?
images

images

Also, side note: The new System Shock Remake is fantastic, play it.

For "obscure" verses, there is still a major hurdle to overcome.

DB Team must be aware of it.

Misaka was picked since they didnt like Akame ga Kill too much. If the team has no idea about your suggested verse, that is really not good.

I think he technically has? I remember someone told me his wife helped him illustrate some stuff
I think she’s the mangaka for Sailor Moon
Ah, yeah, Naoko Takeuchi. I think I also read around that she helped him out at times. But I was thinking, given how bad Togashi's health issues are and how demanding the lifestyle of a mangaka is, it would be better if he could pass the drawing part to an artist (pretty sure many would love to work on HxH) and handle the scripts. it would allow for a more steady release and also allow Togashi to take it easier.

Maybe it's just naive wishful thinking, but never really seen the topic brought up.

I may be late but the mad dream is realised...
([Commissioned by @kirbonicpikmin8809 ]
Battlefield of Spined Threshold
by CF2364)

I'm probably just being nitpicky but if it was gonna use a zone theme for STC Sonic, Emerald Hill Zone is 1000x more fitting since he practically lives there, hell anytime there's a fight there he dishes out curbstomps because he knows it like the back of his hand.

Misaka has

-better reaction feats (dodges Mugino's beams which is ls, keeps up with Saints who are rel-ftl)

-Iron sand for mid-range combat which is capable of blocking strikes from saints (city level)

-Lightning should be cb-city level

-railgun for long range.

Mugino's beams aren't light speed.

Saints aren't FTL at all, at best they would be rel.

Saints aren't city level, they're 6C.

Her full power lightning is 7B, others outputs aren't that impressive.

Railguns aren't good for long range fights.

Someone here posted Astolfo vs the King from SDS but I still have no idea the connections
Also Gwyn for Bridget, I’ve seen connections besides femboy but again forgor
One of the main connections between Bridget and Gwyndolin is that they were both both male but due to the crippling superstitions of their parents and culture they were forcibly raised to be and treated as female, which shaped their self image later in life

Granted, I am not very confident in Mikoto winning for the simple fact that Mikoto is a glass canon and Kilua has the better combat skill + experience and seems to have decent stats all-over, thus, he essentially just needs to avoid Mikoto's attack, get close, and then lightly poke her to win.
Ehhh, no?

Killua isn't more experienced at all nor does he have higher combat skill, combat skill includes more than H2H skill (the only thing he actually has over Mikoto).

As for being a Glass Cannon, wasn't Mikoto physically 8A not long ago? We have no idea where DB will scale her Striking and Dura.

No one posted it yet? Mortal Kombat 1 gameplay trailer dropped.

Kenshi got some mad drip now. Also, team x-rays and fatalities for every combination of character and kameo damn.

Last edited:
Ehhh, no?

Killua isn't more experienced at all nor does he have higher combat skill, combat skill includes more than H2H skill (the only thing he actually has over Mikoto).

As for being a Glass Cannon, wasn't Mikoto physically 8A not long ago? We have no idea where DB will scale her Striking and Dura.
PFFFFTTT, hahahaha

No, Mikoto does not have any skill advantages over the dude who was literally trained by the best assassins in the world ever since he was a child

Ap and Speed? Sure, I give credit where credit is due

But don't you dare be claiming Mikoto has the skill advantage in literally any aspect
Getting off topic, but uh, again, what prevents Togashi from working with an illustrator on Hunter x Hunter?
Pride
I think he technically has? I remember someone told me his wife helped him illustrate some stuff
I think she’s the mangaka for Sailor Moon
Supposedly he gave his wife the ending of the story in order to complete the series should he die before he finishes it

No, Mikoto does not have any skill advantages over the dude who was literally trained by the best assassins in the world ever since he was a child

1st, I didn't say she had any advantage.

2nd, he has higher H2H skill, combat skill includes other things (mid range and long range combat, battlefield control and mobility, etc).

Not only is Mikoto more experienced (before the start of the series Killua would at best have fought with fodder humans, so we've seen all of his important fights and I doubt it reaches as much as 15).

over the dude who was literally trained by the best assassins in the world ever since he was a child
Btw, you're saying that like is as skilled as them, but we all know he isn't, Zeno and Silva were easily predicting all of Chrollo's movements in their fight, but the only time I remember Killua predicting something like that was the darts scene (which is a different kind of prediction from the one with Chrollo).

For a more unconventional kind of fight, what do y'all think about Shodan (System Shock) vs GLADOS (Portal)?
images

images

Also, side note: The new System Shock Remake is fantastic, play it.
Meanwhile

Which is
  • More popular
  • More debatable
  • More likely to become a Death Battle episode
Shodan vs XANA VS Shodan vs Glados

- Misaka is obscure

letmetellyou.jpg

Unironically this meme has made her technically less obscure lmao
Sad

Too sad Saint Seiya is a WHO member in the States Fujiwara no Mokou vs Phoenix Ikki is not more popular.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back