• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don’t really like that interpretation since there is an equally likely chance galactus could fight her (he does in game). Nothing stops everyone from having a possibly 3-C since nothing just up and says she’s just innately better than literally everyone. I get why everyone being straight 3-C can be shaky but I don’t agree with there being 0 chance nobody else scales.
Eh, you know the whole gameplay =/= actual canon thing.
Also based on her ending it comes off as if Phoenix had a fairly easy time dealing with Galactus and posses a serious threat to the rest of the cast even if they teamed up.
However I especially disagree with the 6-B stuff. Everyone that Zangief is related to (all the street fighters) are 5-A. Why would he be trillions of times weaker than literally all his teammates?
I don't want to be that guy but like this is a setting with Marvel heroes in it, them having teams of characters with many magnitudes of power differences is not really that unusual.

I’ll look through all the MvC games later, but I find it really hard to believe that Zangief has never fought any of the other street fighters (plus Chris is also 6-B right now and I know he helped out 5-As in infinite). But I’m done talking about it on this thread. I’ll go over it on the other thread when I relook through everything.

I get that gameplay=/=story, it’s just that our MvC profiles have used gameplay before. Let me make it clear, the profiles are saying that, if the profiles shouldn’t be that’s not on me.

in terms of strongest Fighting game Verses Mortal Kombat,Darkstalkers,Guilty Gear are up there Killer Instinct as well

Blazeblue up there in terms of hax and all

a-meme-about-son-goku-s-match-ups-or-something-v0-3jk459qd4m3b1.jpg

I’ll look through all the MvC games later, but I find it really hard to believe that Zangief has never fought any of the other street fighters (plus Chris is also 6-B right now and I know he helped out 5-As in infinite). But I’m done talking about it on this thread. I’ll go over it on the other thread when I relook through everything.
Helping someone that is X tier =/= you are that tier, unless you wanna say characters like hawkeye, captain america, black widow in comics scale to hulk, thor and others in that league simply cuz of helping them against certain threats
I get that gameplay=/=story, it’s just that our MvC profiles have used gameplay before. Let me make it clear, the profiles are saying that, if the profiles shouldn’t be that’s not on me.
Gameplay afaik is used for any game btw only on that like moves of a character or even stuff like physical feats, aka if one shoots at you a projectile and you may have a parry against it

in terms of strongest Fighting game Verses Mortal Kombat,Darkstalkers,Guilty Gear are up there Killer Instinct as well

Blazeblue up there in terms of hax and all
Injustice is up there with MK too, cuz of the crossover they had, which is canon by wog and both recall it, as well as MK9 having a flashback to it during future Raiden sending visions to his past self

Again, I already said I’ll talk about it on the other thread, and you are massively missing my point, but I want to clarify on the other thread to not waste space on this one.

However, assisting 5-As would absolutely make you 5-A when you are constantly assisting them in battle which is what Chris does.

Marvel, as in the canon marvel, has it that characters don’t scale because they are inconsistent as hell. If captain America was generic America man hero, and he hurt someone lighting god McGee fights, then generic America man would scale to lightning god McGee. Captain America doesn’t scale to the times he’s hurt people that can survive Thor because it’s a massive outlier that makes no sense in the wider context of canon marvel. MvC is a game that doesn’t have 70 years of context and Zangief fights with the other street fighters all the time.

Something to keep in mind for our current MK profiles is that they only use the current timeline (Well until Mortal Kombat 1 comes out with yet another new timeline) and not anything prior to MK9, granted I dunno if the midway era versions of these characters will be planet level when the profiles for them are made so 🤷‍♂️

However, assisting 5-As would absolutely make you 5-A when you are constantly assisting them in battle which is what Chris does.
No it doesnt, thats not how scaling works, assuming all characters are equal to each other cuz they help vs bad guys is not viable
Marvel, as in the canon marvel, has it that characters don’t scale because they are inconsistent as hell. If captain America was generic America man hero, and he hurt someone lighting god McGee fights, then generic America man would scale to lightning god McGee. Captain America doesn’t scale to the times he’s hurt people that can survive Thor because it’s a massive outlier that makes no sense in the wider context of canon marvel. MvC is a game that doesn’t have 70 years of context and Zangief fights with the other street fighters all the time.
Games, especially fighting games, dont mean they can scale all characters equal to each other and times they happen is either needing context or isnt consistent with their other stuff

Unless you wanna say all SF cast scales to Bison cuz many beat him in their endings, all MK cast scales to shao kahn for beating him and shows a cutscene of it, etc

Dont pretend just cuz they may not have decades like the comics they cant have inconsistencies, also lets not pretend MvC and games tied to it arent a pretty old series by now either

If they help by hurting the bad guy that can survive hits from the 5-As I don’t see why they won’t be 5-A.

I keep saying I’m going to relook through the games. Let me relook through the games to see why Zangief shouldn’t scale to the other street fighters. From memory I find Zangief not scaling to be weird, but let me recheck.

However, when it comes to inconsistency, your brought up canon marvel as an example. I’m pointing out that canon marvel is an awful example to use for any verses’ scaling ever. There’s a reason marvel and dc have special rules for scaling.

I get that inconsistency are a thing, but 90% of the cast scales to everyone else in MvC, I’m trying to figure out why zangief is an exception.

If they help by hurting the bad guy that can survive hits from the 5-As I don’t see why they won’t be 5-A.
Proof they hurt them and its consistent....you cant just go slap a tier like that, again some characters are above others
I keep saying I’m going to relook through the games. Let me relook through the games to see why Zangeif shouldn’t scale to the other street fighters.
Pointed above already and again better ask those who made the profiles, cuz i doubt you looking by yourself will be capable of clearing your doubts and such without explainations
However, when it comes to inconsistency, your brought up canon marvel as an example. I’m pointing out that canon marvel is an awful example to use for any verses’ scaling ever. There’s a reason marvel and dc have special rules for scaling.
Buddy i brought up afterwards fighting games too, which dont have special rules, context and consistency exists for these too, its not as simple as you think to scale characters as such, especially if more team up

Which again, I said I would ask the other thread. I said that twice, and I said I would relook over the games multiple times. I said specifically. I’ll talk about this, in the other thread, later. You’re the one that restarted the conversation.

My point with marvel is that bring it up as an example for anything is a bad idea on this site. I get that fighting games have rules, everything has rules. All I was saying is that canon marvel is a poor example.

However, if I’m reading the fighting games rules right, I definitely have problems with them and think they are too strict at times. I see no reason to treat fighting games different from other versus (and I get fighting games have story modes and those take priority, I mean even with story stuff some fighting games have the scaling be cartoonishly strict for no reason).

So, to make it clear, I don’t want to clog up this thread anymore. Please just let me continue it on the proper thread or on my wall, okay.

FGLK, Kronika, Crown Shang Tsung would normally scale from the cosmology, all realms that is, others on the Elder God league more or less scale to just a portion of that
Eh, not sure about Shao Khan, he's got good scaling due to funny realm merging but I don't think he gets the really good shit like those other guys do
what BD means i ment to say

street fighter 6 is out now
MK 1 comes out in September
when T8 comes out?

Oh yeah if we're talking about MvC, if MVC4 were to ever happen who would you want to see as a newcomer?
I'd personally want to see Kamala or Gwenpoole for the marvel side and Bass.exe or Star Force Megaman for Capcom but that's just me.

I actually really would love to see Kamala in more games. She’s a great character when written well, and I think stretching powers are vastly underutilized in fighting games.

Oh yeah if we're talking about MvC, if MVC4 were to ever happen who would you want to see as a newcomer?
I'd personally want to see Kamala or Gwenpoole for the marvel side and Bass.exe or Star Force Megaman for Capcom but that's just me.
Dan Smith or the entirety of the Killer7, Bullseye, Blackheart, Adam Warlock, Kamala, Sissel and Lynne, and Asura

Hyperion or Sentry for Marvel. Don't care much for the latter, but I think he'd be fun, while the former I just like for his great bromance with Thor (also lets me do a Thor vs Superman thing outside MUGEN).

AA for Capcom. Miles or Franziska. Latter has her whip, former can update the autopsy report... more Darkstalker for a serious answer.

Nero and Asura for Capcom

Silver Surfer and Mephisto for Marvel

Asura's long overdue. He'd be obscure nowadays, but there's still an audience and he'd be hype regardless. Get Leon and Nero in there too.

Kamala, Invisible Woman, Doctor Octopus, Loki. The list for Marvel is massive, but I'd love to see these four.

Leon Kennedy if we get a classic RE rep, Jack Baker if we get a modern RE rep.

More from the spidey catalogue would be cool, like Mysterio or Miles for the sheer moveset potential.

Back