• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I just want to say, I hadn’t look at the Samurai Showdown profiles in a hot minute (like two months). I see they got a massive glow up so scratch that one.

Gameplay wise:
From my favorite to less liked ones (none of the games I am currently thinking of are games I dislike).

Gulity Gear (not including strive I haven’t played it).
Blazblue
Waku Waku 7 (my personal favorite)
Red Earth
Mortal Kombat (the animations suck but I like how chaotic the gameplay feels)
Street Fighter and Killer Instinct
Stuff like Vanguard Princess, Chaos Code, Galaxy Fight, and Phantom Breaker
Soul Calibur

Haven’t played Tekken in a long while (or I did, but it’s been decades. I actually remember liking it a lot).

Verse wise. Off of vsbattles Red Earth and Waku Waku 7 are my favorites. On site the only one I fully like using is Blazblue (though Samurai shodown does look good to use). All the other I wouldn’t want to use in a versus match because I have such a vastly different opinion than what is on the profiles.

Last edited:
There is actually one thing I am curious about with MVC why is Jean 3-C and why are some characters 6-B. I get Zangief did a 6-B feat but I don’t get why that automatically made him millions of times weaker than literally all his teammates. Just having a lower feat shouldn’t make you weaker than everyone else. And I don’t get why Jean is inexplicably hilariously higher than everyone else (I mean, in the sense that nobody scales to her, not the ap itself, I know the feat she has).
From my understanding it's an issue is a general lack of evidence. Like with most Fighting games the way certain events canonically transpire is left fairly vague. With Jean for example there's no evidence that she didn't just one shot Galactus in her ending, so you can't really scale Galactus to her. Same with Abyss, did all the heroes pitch in equally agienst him or did the 5-A characters just blitz him, we can't really say.
That's what I've picked up from look at the profiles at least.

I don’t really like that interpretation since there is an equally likely chance galactus could fight her (he does in game). Nothing stops everyone from having a possibly 3-C since nothing just up and says she’s just innately better than literally everyone. I get why everyone being straight 3-C can be shaky but I don’t agree with there being 0 chance nobody else scales.

However I especially disagree with the 6-B stuff. Everyone that Zangief is related to (all the street fighters) are 5-A. Why would he be trillions of times weaker than literally all his teammates?

Edit: I’ll bring this up on the MVC discussion thread later.

Last edited:
Persona has a fighting game with 1-A character and Umineko has fighting games with 1-B characters.

Also, on this site low 1-C Skullgirls was nuked so to claim they are that, on this site (off site the claim is fine, I still think Umineko should have their old tiers), you’re going to need to make the gods again and have be accepted at low 1-C.

Persona has a fighting game with 1-A character and Umineko has fighting games with 1-B characters.

Also, on this site low 1-C Skullgirls was nuked so to claim they are that, on this site (off site the claim is fine, I still think Umineko should have their old tiers), you’re going to need to make the gods again and have be accepted at low 1-C.
I am going to yes, they've already been accepted as Low 1-C by the staff offsite, I just need to remake the profiles

I don’t really like that interpretation since there is an equally likely chance galactus could fight her (he does in game). Nothing stops everyone from having a possibly 3-C since nothing just up and says she’s just innately better than literally everyone. I get why everyone being straight 3-C can be shaky but I don’t agree with there being 0 chance nobody else scales.

However I especially disagree with the 6-B stuff. Everyone that Zangief is related to (all the street fighters) are 5-A. Why would he be trillions of times weaker than literally all his teammates?

Edit: I’ll bring this up on the MVC discussion thread later.
Also why would you assume zangief is somehow equal to other SF characters, also some characters may simply have a stronger case of being above others by what narrative is available

Jean also has statements or so of such power to herself afaik

Because sf characters fight each other all the time (referring to CvM). We literally use the intro dialogue for tiering, there’s no way Zangief doesn’t have an intro or hasn’t interacted with literally any other character that he knows.

Sol’s seed is environmental destruction (environmental destruction that only works in super specific situations). I-No and the true form of characters like Slayer would be more so the actual top tiers of Guilty Gear.

Because sf characters fight each other all the time. We literally use the intro dialogue for tiering, there’s no way Zangief doesn’t have an intro or hasn’t interacted with literally any other character that he knows.

Sol’s seed is environmental destruction (environmental destruction that only works in super specific situations). I-No and the true form of characters like Slayer would be more so the actual top tiers of Guilty Gear.
It should really state that then.

Intro/trailer not are canon for most of game
I agree, but have you seen the MvC profiles. Well over half of them reference the intro dialogue all the time. If she-hulk scaled to chun li for saying she’s going to get wrecked in an intro, I don’t see why Zangief is trillions of times weaker than the people he should be fighting with all the time.

Because sf characters fight each other all the time (referring to CvM). We literally use the intro dialogue for tiering, there’s no way Zangief doesn’t have an intro or hasn’t interacted with literally any other character that he knows.
Buddy you even checked the MvC verse page rules and standards?

Also that logic you try to go with doesnt work, some characters will simply be above others, also most dialogues dont work, cuz some characters may gloat of their power compared, when they may not be as strong as they suggest

Balrog in SF has a quote saying Akuma punches are weak to his, yet canon wise aint shit to him let alone characters above him which Akuma doesnt consider his match either

I feel like the profiles themselves don’t check them then. Because I’m just following the logic of the profiles I’ve read. This is She Hulk’s profile “She does not considerChun-Li a threat[1]. Served on the Avengers alongside Hawkeye[1]. Mike Haggar, who is capable of defeating Galactus, believes she has the speed, strength, and smarts to take down anyone, except himself[1]

Mike’s is a gloat, and it’s currently being used. She Hulk talking to Chun li is an intro, and it’s currently being used.

I get that intros and stuff like this are usually non canon, I agree to that, that’s not what the profiles are telling or showing me though. So if intros aren’t supposed to be used, why are multiple profiles using them right now.

I want to clarify, I already said I was going to bring it up to that thread earlier. I’ll bring it up tomorrow or sometime. I still got to make another thread for something unrelated (I’m referring to the lifting strength upgrade for the Dovahkiin I brought up a while ago for those that are curios).

Back