• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I ain't reading all that
TLDR version: I'm not watching it, no movie where most of the cast is literally fated to get ****** over and just accept it is worth watching. Just because it's a deconstruction does make it better.
Also here a tool for laziness (I use it way more than I should):

TLDR version: I'm not watching it, no movie where most of the cast is literally fated to get ****** over and just accept it is worth watching. Just because it's a deconstruction does make it better.
I WAS RESPONDING AS A JOKE!

Oh no they are flip flopping the order in TN and title lol

I guess that spoiler on Across the Spiderverse seems valid critique, but execution is also important factor.

I am not watching a movie where a major plot point is that ever Spider across the multiverse is fated to get ****** over and that certain people have to die and all the Spider-Men aside from Miles have accepted this. This antithetical to one of the main tenants of Spider-Man as a character, it is literally the point of the scene with MJ and cable car in the Rami films, Spider-Man doesn't lives trade lives. No Spider-Man would ever accept that and if they did they're not Spider-Man.
Also the fact they made 2099 the cheerleader for this whole plot line is just bizarre. One of the the notable things about him is that he doesn't actually have alot of the moments that make Peter Spider-Man. In the comics Miguel doesn't have an Uncle Ben and he certainly doesn't have a Captain Stacy moment either since the Police in 2099 are privately own by multi-billion dolor corporations and if anything their death would be due to Miguel accidentally kill them themself. Also it's still a weird choice to make brooding loner that is 2099 and adapt him in such a way, like if your going to do some kind of hyper intelligent leader who is willing to sacrifice lives for the greater good at least use Superior.
Also before someone says "this is all a metaphor for modern marvel’s editorials and how they constantly cause Peter to eternally suffer", yeah I know and it doesn't change anything. Just because it's a deconstruction doesn't mean its good. Your response to Marvel treating Peter like shit shouldn't be by making it a cosmic law on a multiverse scale. That's stupid and no amount of having a point will make it any less stupid.
Yeah, but it's established that not literally every spidey under the sun is part of his group. It's implied that Miguel is selectively choosing people who won't be a problem, and even then there's a bit of a schism by the end. I don't think literally every spider-person would be okay with saving a Ben or Captain Stacey, if it could potentially cause death on an infinite scale. Besides, doing a different take on the characters is what allows them to make a new story, and Miguel comes from a place of good intention after suffering the effects of playing with fate firsthand. Miles himself is simultaneously an example of fate going wrong but also being to be changed, rather than accepted.

You're getting secondhand information and basing your thoughts on that, while completely unaware of potential biases. If anything, you should formulate your own opinion.

Honestly? The annoying part to me seems that they are setting up the story that Miles is "an anomaly that wasnt supposed to exist" so he has to prove that he is worthy to be Spider-Man, but like ffs no one else has to justify that. Why do they need to create story where Miles needs to "prove" he is Spider-Man?

Also Spiderverse being identity of Spider-Man brand is a little overdone now.

Honestly? The annoying part to me seems that they are setting up the story that Miles is "an anomaly that wasnt supposed to exist" so he has to prove that he is worthy to be Spider-Man, but like ffs no one else has to justify that. Why do they need to create story where Miles needs to "prove" he is Spider-Man?

With all due respect, that isn't what the writing is heading towards whatsoever. That was the entire point of the first one as it's his initial origin. This one feels more like it's building up to a point where all that ultimately matters, is how one chooses to wear the mask.

Sure I could nitpick that the story route feels closer to a Captain America plotline, but there's nothing wrong with a clash of ideals where both sides have no reason to believe they're wrong. We want to root for Miles, but simultaneously there's a concern that Miguel is right, up until Gwen's scene with her father sets up the possibility of fate being avoided without destroying everything.

And none cares of how a character is in your opinion, she had more hype on her genius, compared to a leatherface-esque family character

Meaning she has more chances to get in
Jack has way more personality, move potential, only really risks move overlap with someone like Frank West, could have his family as strikers with varied utility, has a larger role in his game than Lady D, etcetera.

Besides, by your logic, Jack is still the better roster choice because she would make a better DLC choice.

Jack has way more personality, move potential, only really risks move overlap with someone like Frank West, could have his family as strikers with varied utility, has a larger role in his game than Lady D, etcetera.

Besides, by your logic, Jack is still the better roster choice because she would make a better DLC choice.
Shovel and weird scissor chainsaw would be amazing weapons

Buddy Lady D is a more big figure then him, no ammount of faith with all that guarantees him, she is more popular and all, how much attention did RE7 get in content compared to RE8

Monster hunter got in and you know why

Nobody cares, Lady Dimitrescu sells better and its more well known, Capcom isnt dumb to add your nobody over her as RE rep
Ok I've mainly just been playing around a "bit", but saying Jack is a nobody is too overblown. We're talking about the most well known character from a game that's still fresh in people's minds, that is far from a nobody.

Yeah, but it's established that not literally every spidey under the sun is part of his group. It's implied that Miguel is selectively choosing people who won't be a problem, and even then there's a bit of a schism by the end. I don't think literally every spider-person would be okay with saving a Ben or Captain Stacey, if it could potentially cause death on an infinite scale. Besides, doing a different take on the characters is what allows them to make a new story, and Miguel comes from a place of good intention after suffering the effects of playing with fate firsthand. Miles himself is simultaneously an example of fate going wrong but also being to be changed, rather than accepted.

You're getting secondhand information and basing your thoughts on that, while completely unaware of potential biases. If anything, you should formulate your own opinion.
That doesn't make it better, if anything that kinda makes it worse. The implication that certain characters were actively scouted out Spider-Men who would agree with this shit. As a spectacular fan I am livid at the prospect that they made Spectacular be someone who was actively sought out after to be fine with that shit.

Who would Spider-Man (Miles Morales) fight if he got a runback?
Hopefully someone he beats he deserves the dub :)<

I guess, to clarify, I think the powers and abilities sections on most of the KoF and SF characters are good. I just disagree with all their physical stats (also fatal fury and KoF being separate profiles and the samurai showdown profiles in general are both bad so saying a generic SNK isn’t really accurate).

They aren’t the overall worst, but I think they still range from bad to absolutely terrible. Other fightings however, in general, are absolutely the worst and that’s what I meant with my statement.
A lot of FG verses are incredibly outdated and not well handled. Iirc BlazBlue is the only one that’s really up to snuff apparently and that one’s largely the work of a single person.

I kinda find the implication kinda annoying since it's basically saying that Miles is the most special spider out of every other Spider-Man which is an annoying writing trope.
Also agree, Multiversal Spider-man stuff has been kinda overplayed for a while now.
tlpqsmnk1oba1.jpg

Oh no they are flip flopping the order in TN and title lol
But somehow they are not flipping the verse titles and combatant characters somehow...

Shall check out the G1 bloggers some hours later.

Okay I am giving this movie a minus 10 over Ben

For not having Paul in it.

Seriously, that portal manipulation user The Spot could potentially be a fun rival / nemesis against Paul. Also against America Chavez and against Yukari Yakumo

7ocn75ojxl3b1.jpg

Asking: Does this look more like
A) Protagonist Goku vs Antagonist Mori Jin
OR
B) Goku: I am sure to win against Mori Jin as my popularity is superior

I am not watching a movie where a major plot point is that ever Spider across the multiverse is fated to get ****** over and that certain people have to die and all the Spider-Men aside from Miles have accepted this. This antithetical to one of the main tenants of Spider-Man as a character, it is literally the point of the scene with MJ and cable car in the Rami films, Spider-Man doesn't lives trade lives. No Spider-Man would ever accept that and if they did they're not Spider-Man.
Also the fact they made 2099 the cheerleader for this whole plot line is just bizarre. One of the the notable things about him is that he doesn't actually have alot of the moments that make Peter Spider-Man. In the comics Miguel doesn't have an Uncle Ben and he certainly doesn't have a Captain Stacy moment either since the Police in 2099 are privately own by multi-billion dolor corporations and if anything their death would be due to Miguel accidentally kill them themself. Also it's still a weird choice to make brooding loner that is 2099 and adapt him in such a way, like if your going to do some kind of hyper intelligent leader who is willing to sacrifice lives for the greater good at least use Superior.
Also before someone says "this is all a metaphor for modern marvel’s editorials and how they constantly cause Peter to eternally suffer", yeah I know and it doesn't change anything. Just because it's a deconstruction doesn't mean its good. Your response to Marvel treating Peter like shit shouldn't be by making it a cosmic law on a multiverse scale. That's stupid and no amount of having a point will make it any less stupid.
blah-blah-blah-shut-up.gif

RE7 got two major DLC story expansions, and the banned footage set includes smaller story stuff as well as more mini games to play with like 21 or "Bedroom"
So does RE8 even if it's one DLC and then there is the Mercenaries (even tho it's a bit repititive to say)

Honestly why you guys are so entilted by this, both are good, they can join the MVC in meantime and both are still guarranted moneys so no need to debated this throat to throat lel

So does RE8 even if it's one DLC and then there is the Mercenaries (even tho it's a bit repititive to say)

Honestly why you guys are so entilted by this, both are good, they can join the MVC in meantime and both are still guarranted moneys so no need to debated this throat to throat lel
Oh yeah, both are good, there's no denying that, I just think it's absurd to call Jack a nothing character, and just answering the question I replied to

A WNBA moment I would call it.

Later today, it's the longest blog in g1 history
Mostly Elder Scrolls lore, I'm guessing lmao. The Dark Souls lore interpretation isn't too huge, I believe. If it was actually written down instead of being left open for interpretation, it would only be a few pages. People think the lore is deep but it's actually just vague.

Honestly, Fallout lore is better than both TES and Dark Souls.

Last edited:
Back