• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
He should be but I expect they to say Dreamy Bowser is stronger than he is because he is a REAL reality warper and doesn't use "illusions".
I mean aren't the illusions of the Phantom Ruby straight up reality warping, though? Because correct me if I'm wrong, I'd rather not play Sonic Forces again to dust up my memories, but I could've sworn that the Phantom Ruby's illusions had a physical presence and had physical effects on the world at large. Like Infinite creating a fake sun that would've actually killed everyone.

I mean aren't the illusions of the Phantom Ruby straight up reality warping, though? Because correct me if I'm wrong, I'd rather not play Sonic Forces again to dust up my memories, but I could've sworn that the Phantom Ruby's illusions had a physical presence and had physical effects on the world at large. Like Infinite creating a fake sun that would've actually killed everyone.
Pretty much. But I am just saying what I think they would do.

its Mario who has been historically wanked so hard its actively ruined modern VS.
You're objectively wrong, sure he has been wanked (and downplayed) there and there, but not the point of "actively ruined modern VS", in fact judging by many sites, Mario ain't even in the top 5 wanked and toxic in regards of scaling

You're objectively wrong, sure he has been wanked (and downplayed) there and there, but not the point of "actively ruined modern VS", in fact judging by many sites, Mario ain't even in the top 5 wanked and toxic in regards of scaling
You could probably argue specifics of wank and toxicity, but there aint many to rival Mario's popularity. (Can you list who do you think are worse?)

Unless you mean casual opinions, I guess then Goku, Kirby, Saitama & Toonforce in general are higher wankage because casuals think those nigh insta-beat anyone, but not many in VS communities believe that.

You could probably argue specifics of wank and toxicity, but there aint many to rival Mario's popularity. (Can you list who do you think are worse?)

Unless you mean casual opinions, I guess then Goku, Kirby, Saitama & Toonforce in general are higher wankage because casuals think those nigh insta-beat anyone, but not many in VS communities believe that.
Just because Mario is super popular doesn't mean he's more "wanked" historically. Honestly, the whole "Mario is a cosmic buster" thing is a minority opinion even between Mario scalers(There aren't even that many passionate Mario power scalers out there compared to Sonic, DBZ, and other fandos). I've been in the powerscaling community since 2017, and I've seen some wild shit on various sites and apps. If we're talking about wanked and toxic scaling, anime and comics are easily the top of the list. They make the Mario debates look like a playground argument

I say the biggest challenge is convincing folks why Kratos beats Asura in a reasonable way possible
Ever since the fight was announced folks been saying Kratos is a dead man
No matter how sound an argument is, you can't ever overcome people's ability to base things off of visual spectacles and that sort of shit. So the way I see it: Death Battle's probably going to need to explain why Kratos is actually that strong despite the lack of visuals

Just because Mario is super popular doesn't mean he's more "wanked" historically. Honestly, the whole "Mario is a cosmic buster" thing is a minority opinion even between Mario scalers(There aren't even that many passionate Mario power scalers out there compared to Sonic, DBZ, and other fandos). I've been in the powerscaling community since 2017, and I've seen some wild shit on various sites and apps. If we're talking about wanked and toxic scaling, anime and comics are easily the top of the list. They make the Mario debates look like a playground argument
Mario was Galaxy lvl here 8 years ago due to Grand Stars, its been way too long and way too normalized.

I guess its fair tho, theres a lot of sites out there so there probably has been wild shit slinged thats way worse. Its why we shouldnt count TikTok as VS site

Has GvS1's reception (and preceding arguments concerning the matchup really) just been collectively memoryholed lol? Mario's a baby compared to the stuff that usually got thrown around in a GvS discussion back in the day.
Comics are too obvious to even count like that, cmon now. But by process of elimination, besides Marvel or DC or hell even DBZ, I was curious about other 2.

I may or may not have heard a game of telephone that DB Team favored Bowser at some point in time, so unless recent buffs help its joever. This is similar hearsay that made me think Madara, Obito, Raven & Bill would win their fights.
Eh, I'm pretty sure they'll agree Eggman scales higher nowadays

Bowser winning would be disappointing since you need to give way too much benefit of doubt to him practically.

And even if Sonic is atm wanked hard here, its Mario who has been historically wanked so hard its actively ruined modern VS. No one outside VSW really believes in 5D+ Sonic (I dont really either because 5D+ shit is lol), yet people blindly accept Mario wank hard elsewhere.
I've never actually seen any evidence being thrown around for 5D or higher Mario. Is there? Only times I've seen it are with Smash Bros scaling involved

I've never actually seen any evidence being thrown around for 5D or higher Mario. Is there? Only times I've seen it are with Smash Bros scaling involved
DBM Reddit had Outerversal Mario due to Mario-Kun shenanigans. Someone here attempted T1 Mario with Color Splash cutaway thing. Then there is good ol "Wario's game has reference to String theory". It exists in some forms.

I've never actually seen any evidence being thrown around for 5D or higher Mario.
I've seen a blog for the cosmology possibly being Low 1-C, I don't remember how (I don't know much about tier 1 to comment) but I believe it was here. Apart from that it's usually stuff that nobody really seriously believes anymore e.g. string theory soup stuff.

for Mahito vs Shigaraki, how would they actually interact? Can he affect the soul directly like Yuji? cause cursed energy alone was never enough to harm Mahito, alongside that, how does Shigaraki counter Domain Expansions instant transfiguration, alongside even being able to see Mahito or counter Idle Transfiguration as it affects the soul.

These are genuine questions as I haven't kept up with MHA for a hot minute.

for Mahito vs Shigaraki, how would they actually interact? Can he affect the soul directly like Yuji? cause cursed energy alone was never enough to harm Mahito, alongside that, how does Shigaraki counter Domain Expansions instant transfiguration, alongside even being able to see Mahito or counter Idle Transfiguration as it affects the soul.

These are genuine questions as I haven't kept up with MHA for a hot minute.
People say vestige of AFO/OFA are souls however it has never been compared and then there is that Shi can use the Searching Quirk to see Mahito however I think he needs to know the existence of the person in the first place to use it.

Back