• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
lbgabdk39vfd1.png

Genuinely curious about something: what's the casual consensus on Light vs Columbo and who wins that? I know that none of them are physical combatants and the DB would be one filled with displays of intelligence and wit, but I've heard that Columbo is suppose to be very good at his job

Genuinely curious about something: what's the casual consensus on Light vs Columbo and who wins that? I know that none of them are physical combatants and the DB would be one filled with displays of intelligence and wit, but I've heard that Columbo is suppose to be very good at his job
I think Light Yagami wins quite easily, he has supernatural powers through his Death Note, outsmarted the smartest detective in his world and is the smartest in Death Note.

The whole beginning of Death Note is how it was easy to pinpoint where Light was, and his occupation as a school student. His ego is massive and causes him to falter, looping back around to my first point, where because of it he killed fake L the moment there was any kind of opposition on live television, which revealed the region he was in. Hell, someone without any supernatural powers, the girlfriend of that one detective, only lost because she for some reason didn't think to not trust people. Light only succeeded because he was a dumbass surrounded by bigger dumbasses, and because L decided to play by the rules.

The whole beginning of Death Note is how it was easy to pinpoint where Light was, and his occupation as a school student. His ego is massive and causes him to falter, looping back around to my first point, where because of it he killed fake L the moment there was any kind of opposition on live television, which revealed the region he was in. Hell, someone without any supernatural powers, the girlfriend of that one detective, only lost because she for some reason didn't think to not trust people. Light only succeeded because he was a dumbass surrounded by bigger dumbasses, and because L decided to play by the rules.
Buddy. The only reason Ligth had a obvious schedule was because it's not like his gonna watch TV in middle of class and writing the name of criminals. Beside who the heck was gonna deduce that? Before fake L incident, people thought Kira was just a myth. Even the police would never believe that Kira was a student until L's intervention. Also the only reason L was even able to deduce that, was because Ligth wanted to make it obvious he was a student by intentionally changing his schedule. Remember Ligth at this point wanted to get close to L, that's why he wanted L to approach him.

Yes Ligth is an egotistical maniac, nothing is changing that, that's why he killed Lind L. Taylor. That is one of Ligth's greatest flaws but that does not make him an idiot. Literally the story would never begin if Ligth didn't expose himself unintentionally. Flaws make a story after all. But you missed the fact that L intentionally tailored his words to target Ligths ego. L himself states he understands Kira's childish sense of justice, for he himself has a ego. Like just analyze Lind's words, he was intentionally calling Ligth a false God and targeted his ego. If someone called you a idiot and targeted your insecurities, can you really be sure you can remain calm? Beside Ligth wasn't expecting someone to pull such an elaborate trap, since L's existence was hidden before this.

Also your comment about Naomi is nonsensical. Her fiance literally got killed because he showed his I.D to Kira. Why the hell is she gone trust anyone after that? If anything she played her game smart and was only focused in contacting L. Ligth was legitimately lucky to have caught her in the first place

Saying Ligth only won because everyone is a dumbass just proves you didn't even comprehend what was being done on the story. And the "L decided to play by the rules" is ignoring the fact he is a detective trying to convict Kira for his crimes. Not a assassin aiming to kill him.

Back