• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

American Dragon Jack Long: Season 1 Jake Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I'll now be shifting my attention back to the forgotten American Dragon: Jake Long verse. Currently, it's still in bad shape (less than it was before but still bad) so I'm re-watching the series from start to finish in order to update the current profiled accordingly and add new ones that help with scaling. That also includes adding new scans, much needed references, and any other potential abilities or feats.

Calculation Adjustments

For now, I'm starting with something simple. On the verse page's calculations section, the calc of Jake's dragon fire needs to be re-posted as it is in the same blog as an outdated Danny Phantom calc and since they are two different calcs from two different verses, that's already enough justification for it to be re-posted in it's own blog, finally, the calc was never evaluated by a calc member so it needs to be removed from the verse page altogether.

I took the liberty to re-post the calc myself since the orginal user that posted it is no longer an active member of the wiki. So we'll need to wait for it to be evaluated.

I also plan on doing this for this blog that contains a bunch of feats due to it being messy and not all calcs were accepted. Given the nature of how some are AP and others are speed calcs, it should be self evident that each calc belongs in it's own blog to make them easier to evaluate. Not to mention, several of the links are lead to videos that aren't available anymore.

So I'll be re-posting each feat with scans to replace the old ones. The calcs in the blog that are already accepted and in use won't need evaluation so those will be good to go.

Debunking Lightspeed Lasers

Currently we accept the Huntsclan lasers as lightspeed but the reasoning isn't enough, and I explained why on this old thread but it was never commented on and thus went nowhere.

Anyway here are our standards for lightspeed lasers.

The only qualification the lasers have are in Season 1, Episode 11, "Shapeshifter", the beams of energy are shown capable of reflecting off a mirror. However, you can see the mirror crack when the beam reflects off of it. The other arguments are that the weapon can create holograms and burns on contact. However, those aren't qualifications and considering that same energy allowed them to teleport, it's clear it's not actual light/laser or lightspeed.

Thus the characters will scale to Massively Hypersonic for the lightning dodging feat.

Season 1 Jake Revision

This is strictly for his season 1 key (though I added images for season 2 Jake). I've added new abilities, scans, and references and descriptions.

Here's the current profile, here are the additions. I'm still working on other characters, and season 2 stuff will happen later.

So you're the guy that's revising peak cartoons, huh? You're my goat for that.

Anyways, the blog and the profile look good, and while i can see that there's some arguments that could be made about the lasers, i have to agree with you that there isn't enough evidence; so i agree with the debunk.

These all do seem fine, but wouldn't it actually make sense for Jake's human form to be 10-B rather than just Unknown?
I was thinking it should but given his durability is beyond human, it's unknown if his other stats are strictly human. I guess 10-B can still work, I just wasn't sure if it was the best move.

I was thinking it should but given his durability is beyond human, it's unknown if his other stats are strictly human. I guess 10-B can still work, I just wasn't sure if it was the best move.
I'd say yeah might as well got with 10-B

I mean if you have nothing else to suggest otherwise either way so might as well just list it as what a normal human would be

Alright, I'm going to apply the update then close this. Thanks for the comments!

I've updated the profile and just looking at the difference between what his season 1 key looked like to what it is now, makes me look back at how much of a poor job I did when i revised it before. Now I'm looking at season 2 like "Your next". Jake needed this because boy profile was low grade, so hopefully I can get enough free time to update it in a timely manner.

At least people can use seasom 1 Jake in matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back