• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@TMaakkonen Post really got me thinking and do agree on the most part
Ben vs Hal was a fine fight for the most part but Lack of Versatility usages hurts it regarding both combatants capabilities

What really caught my eye was what you said regarding the budget

I have said it before Budget can **** over fights with limitless potential especially characters Who have a lot of abilities to bring in which sadly can **** over fights with characters who can do alot more then what was given to them in the fight itself and hamper what The crew would want to bring in the fight itself

Ben vs Hal was supposed to be far longer and Swans Original Script had Ben use more of his aliens Such as Rath
Gray vs Esdeath even was supposed to use more of there abilities Ben or Luis wanted to Use Esdeath Ice Mecha but time restraints and budget prevented them

Probably other examples but you get the gist of it

I always wonder how Big or Small the budget is for DB cause while They mostly gets Millions of Views for most of the fights The budget seems to be limited at times

They do have to work on 16-20 episodes a year, so many episodes are done at the same time. I think it might be less budget, more time. Its why the old eps were mostly fine, they had generally more time to work on.

Also this is mainly problem for those with a huge variety of moves.

Also to Add on regarding Comic book MU
Comic Book MU are Fine But What really ****** them over was S7 Over Usage of it.
S7 had 20 episodes i repeat 20
and yet it was the worst season in terms of variety in Modern DB
Marvel/DC dominated over half of it
and outside of the following
Cable vs Booster Gold
Flash vs Sonic
Hulk vs Broly
Static vs Miles
Venom vs Crona
Red Hood vs Bucky

That were worth Keeping/ The rest were forgettable
Sindel vs Black Canary was boring
WW vs She-Ra was a waste of a Mid-Season Finale
Genos vs WM was meh
BatGwen was Batgwen

meanwhile we only had a few Vidya Reps
Sindel,Goro
Sabrewulf
Jon Taliban
Machamp

Seriously its embarrassing that you look S8 that we have more Video Game Reps in the first half then we have in the entirety of S7 a 20 EPISODE SEASON

on top of it lets be real
No one gave a shit about Black Canary who only was on because Birds of Prey Promotional Material(Shit Flopped)
WW vs She-Ra was a case of "should've ben done along time ago" They didn't do anything unique with WW in her third appearance and Some only cared about the Reboot Version
WM kinda felt like you had to pick someone who didn't murder Genos The Worst
Neither Oracle or Spider Gwen were that heavily requested and no one wanted BatSpidey Fem edition especially where everyone knew the outcome

There were other more interesting Marvel vs Dc MU and even against other franchise yet ya wasted some of them on ones folks couldn't even give a shit

WW and Venom were supposed to have movies near their fights too.

Big issue is also characters chosen. S1-S3 had mostly obvious good picks. S4 kinda had only Venom. S5 turned it up with StrangeFate, Carnage & ThanosDarkseid. Even S6 had solid yet to be used like Aquaman, GL, Lobo. S7 shit the bed with too many similar or boring ones. Static, Canary, Cable & BG were only major new ones and frankly are much less big deal. S8 is honestly just as bad so far, only IF is brand new. God forbid we don't get Galactus.

S9 should pick cooler not yet used less samey comic characters.

WW and Venom were supposed to have movies near their fights too.

Big issue is also characters chosen. S1-S3 had mostly obvious good picks. S4 kinda had only Venom. S5 turned it up with StrangeFate, Carnage & ThanosDarkseid. Even S6 had solid yet to be used like Aquaman, GL, Lobo. S7 shit the bed with too many similar or boring ones. Static, Canary, Cable & BG were only major new ones and frankly are much less big deal. S8 is honestly just as bad so far, only IF is brand new. God forbid we don't get Galactus.

S9 should pick cooler not yet used less samey comic characters.
Galactus has been long overdue for DB so he's fine
Iron Fist as well
S8 has tone down the Capeshit which folks preferred

idk how to tell you this but Cooler is a Dragon Ball character.

Galactus has been long overdue for DB so he's fine
Iron Fist as well
S8 has tone down the Capeshit which folks preferred
Yeah we went from every 2nd is a comic fight to every 3rd. Tho yeah, having 4 comic fights a year is the solid usual line.

IF is just a bit sad because a lot of the hype was for Po, not him.

Also the crew liked Zamasu vs Hades
Wait they did?
also thinking about this
This is a show that did Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen. They can sink very low.

On IF, I wasnt familiar with him but I was shocked no major fan research brought up the spoopy skeleton form.

Like, damn even fans didn't research IF well. Meanwhile Po's TV hype was brought up.
It hurts me how other than Mini Rumble and Death Battle no other Animators uses characters that have decent sprites to work with
But just focus on Dragon Ball,Sonic and Mario MU
I don't even see One Piece,Naruto,Bleach etc used that much

Same with MegaMan and Kirby

@TMaakkonen Post really got me thinking and do agree on the most part
Ben vs Hal was a fine fight for the most part but Lack of Versatility usages hurts it regarding both combatants capabilities

What really caught my eye was what you said regarding the budget

I have said it before Budget can **** over fights with limitless potential especially characters Who have a lot of abilities to bring in which sadly can **** over fights with characters who can do alot more then what was given to them in the fight itself and hamper what The crew would want to bring in the fight itself

Ben vs Hal was supposed to be far longer and Swans Original Script had Ben use more of his aliens Such as Rath
Gray vs Esdeath even was supposed to use more of there abilities Ben or Luis wanted to Use Esdeath Ice Mecha but time restraints and budget prevented them

Probably other examples but you get the gist of it

I always wonder how Big or Small the budget is for DB cause while They mostly gets Millions of Views for most of the fights The budget seems to be limited at times
I might be wrong on this, but is it possible that budget issues are a problem with Rooster Teeth in general? I remember watching a video way back when about RWBY Volume 6, and they noted how it seemed that, despite being their most popular show, RWBY stopped getting budget increases after Volume 4. Granted, that was awhile ago, and either I'm remembering that wrong or things have changed since then, but I figured I'd bring it up.

I might be wrong on this, but is it possible that budget issues are a problem with Rooster Teeth in general? I remember watching a video way back when about RWBY Volume 6, and they noted how it seemed that, despite being their most popular show, RWBY stopped getting budget increases after Volume 4. Granted, that was awhile ago, and either I'm remembering that wrong or things have changed since then, but I figured I'd bring it up.
I do recall similar issues with Rwby

S7 shit the bed with too many similar or boring ones. Static, Canary, Cable & BG were only major new ones and frankly are much less big deal.
Personally I don’t think the matchup they gave static was too bad, but they really should’ve gave him someone different. Maybe that railgun character, should could’ve been sick, although she might have better matchups

Yeah, i've heard that they did, in fact i think you're the one who told me about this
ah yeah now I remember i think it was more so Beerus was already used so Zamasu could serves as an alternative
Personally I don’t think the matchup they gave static was too bad, but they really should’ve gave him someone different. Maybe that railgun character, should could’ve been sick, although she might have better matchups
Yeah Static is fine pick to bring new stuff but he was fighting against Peter with minor electric powers.
Miles vs Static made sense tho
Miles was riding high off his popularity thanks to Spiderverse and Static was considered a Cult Classic and The fight helped brought him back into the limelight
Misaka vs Static wasn't a requested pick hell it only became one when Static had his fight with Miles already

Oh no, individually Miles vs Static is fine. But its S7 where its in. The season of:

• Electric Spider-Man
  • Ironman with guns
  • Wondy 3rd time
  • Flash again
  • Venom again
  • Girl Spider-Man
  • Girl Batman
  • Hulk again

Like, these are ok to use but all on one season? This is why we complain about it. Also arguably you can add Gun Batman & Gun Cap America too.

dcleedw-5d751da9-10fe-4076-8a72-09641bc24099.png

I said this before but looking back this Mu never made any sense
The only thing they had in common was there were both Gods but even then it was for different jobs
Beerus being a destroyer,Hades Ruling the underworld
plus it just exist for a SS Rep and DB vs SS rivalry
Also if you just wanted Beerus to die badly

Saw Golden Sun's Isaac get mentioned while catching back up.

Ignoring the fact that GS's relevancy is on life support and Smash Bros. Is the only thing keeping it from totally dying...As a supporter for the verse, Isaac really doesn't have any matchups that I even remotely like.

They're all basically 'RPG Sword Boi fight', so it's Link Vs. Cloud with less hype...

...so yeah, **** it, Binding of Isaac's Isaac. If the MU can't be good, might as well pick one that's weird.

Beerus had destruction and Hades had also kind of instakill moves too I guess.

But yeah people were just guessing ideas. Arceus and Thanos were decently popular picks for Beerus ffs lol
Eh, Jason and Bucky are distinct enough I'd say. Death Battle hasn't actually used the "dude with guns" flavor Marvel vs DC of Street tier since I think Deadpool vs Deathstroke.

Yeah, I guess its just a me problem. Not a superfan of LA and as fight goes they aren't special moveset wise. I don't even know how to properly review LA fights, they are way different beasts from normal DBs.

They do have to work on 16-20 episodes a year, so many episodes are done at the same time. I think it might be less budget, more time. Its why the old eps were mostly fine, they had generally more time to work on.

Also this is mainly problem for those with a huge variety of moves.
The 2 early seasons werent even done per year and they had a bunch more of them, making them be restricted to a smaller number of eps and all in 1 year doesnt sound like a good idea, its like an anime trying to adapt whole volumes of its source material with a very limited time, which gets into budget and rushing territory

Miles vs Static made sense tho
Miles was riding high off his popularity thanks to Spiderverse and Static was considered a Cult Classic and The fight helped brought him back into the limelight
Misaka vs Static wasn't a requested pick hell it only became one when Static had his fight with Miles already
What did Misaka have before as a matchup besides static before Static vs Miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back