• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we can talk "freely" (I mean without using a spoiler tab) about Goomba vs Koopa 2.

I really love the follows:
1. How some power ups are used
2. How silly that fight turns out from what they should possess in game lore

I totally prefer the Koopa win scenario more, given the nice implementation of the time/space travelling references and that "don't ask" reference.

I am just unhappy though on how the fight focus on hand to foot combat instead of bringing in more power ups and weaponry. But considering how Rooster Teeth is not Batman or Iron Man... I understand that.

If you think S4 is bad, go relook S5. Its shocking how calculations in S5 are not that good either. I used to think S5 was start of modern DB but S6 is the true modern start.

And yeah, based on Chaos Emerald calcs, Sonic cast would have beaten everyone except Wally and maybe Vegeta? Honestly not sure what their stance is truly on Uni Super forms.

Bats is back because they think he can lose his fight. They have obviously been more serious about DC getting losses, since we know Hal, BG and Wally were serious attempts for Ls. The only problem remains to be seen if Final Batsuit goes brrrrr

Do you think any other series deserves to lose? Its honestly crazy a lot of people want DC to take Ls.
Lobo and Lex Luthor are eating losses for DC and both fight against Marvel characters. Also, both are weak against magic and soul hax so this may be a direction.

Well Metroid may eat its first loss for Samus vs X or Ridley vs Vilgax but I doubt many people want it.

Meta Knight likely outstats Zero. Marx Can take out a lot of magic clowns (except for maybe Loki and another Loki and Flandre Scarlet). The dark matter Zero-Two defeats the alien human hybrid Zero-Two easily. Can Waddle Dee die to Prinny? Dunno.

Hey guys, is there any popular matchup that you really don't like for one reason or another but everyone else seems to like?

I'll share an example of one for me:
Magneto_VS_Tetsuo_Shima.jpg

The connections are kinda crapple the more I think about it

If you think S4 is bad, go relook S5. Its shocking how calculations in S5 are not that good either. I used to think S5 was start of modern DB but S6 is the true modern start.

And yeah, based on Chaos Emerald calcs, Sonic cast would have beaten everyone except Wally and maybe Vegeta? Honestly not sure what their stance is truly on Uni Super forms.

Bats is back because they think he can lose his fight. They have obviously been more serious about DC getting losses, since we know Hal, BG and Wally were serious attempts for Ls. The only problem remains to be seen if Final Batsuit goes brrrrr

Do you think any other series deserves to lose? Its honestly crazy a lot of people want DC to take Ls.
I think it's cause I heard DC has the highest win on DB. To be honest it's mostly due to speed advantage.

Yeah DC's win count is absurd. 20 wins is insane. Marvel has 16 wins but also has 7 more fights than DC. No other verse compares. Dragon Ball has 6 wins and Sonic 5 wins, these are the next most after comics. The fact is, no other verse has even been used 20 times aside from comics its absolutely ludicrous. Its further emphasized with DC losing a lot more in S1-3, meanwhile it gained massive win streaks in S5-7, with 7 win streak and 5 win streak. And on more losses than win counts, DC has 9 more wins than losses, beating out Dragon Ball's 3 more wins than losses.

And again, these wins aren't even that bad mostly. Only blatantly wrong win is Terry beating Miguel, everything else is at least debatable. Because DC cosmology > Marvel in DB, DC high tiers tend to beat Marvel too.

Hey guys, is there any popular matchup that you really don't like for one reason or another but everyone else seems to like?

I'll share an example of one for me:
Magneto_VS_Tetsuo_Shima.jpg

The connections are kinda crapple the more I think about it
Less "everyone else seems to like" and more "it's the only one I see used" but looking for FE possibilities for Death Battle, I really don't like Robin VS Lana

As far as I can figure it out, it's just:

-They use books as weapons
-They have an evil counterpart that's "themself"

It just does not tickle my fancy, and considering we've had no FE fights I dread it being the series' debut cause I don't see many other FE fights getting requested either

Less "everyone else seems to like" and more "it's the only one I see used" but looking for FE possibilities for Death Battle, I really don't like Robin VS Lana

As far as I can figure it out, it's just:

-They use books as weapons
-They have an evil counterpart that's "themself"

It just does not tickle my fancy, and considering we've had no FE fights I dread it being the series' debut cause I don't see many other FE fights getting requested either
What is a matchup you’d rather see instead? I’m curios as I’m not knowledgeable on the FE series

Akuma vs Raoh.

Aside that this is a returning character, i also feel like the fight waste Raoh when he had a more thematic opponent with Toyotomi Hideyoshi from Sengoku Basara.

Yes, Akuma may have more connections but i feel like the ones that Toyotomi had are stronger and more important.

Since Raoh's ambition in the series isn't just to become the strongest but to conquer the nuclear wasteland and bring order/prosperity with his iron first.

With fit with Toyotomi, as he too has a similar motivation of conquer Japan so to stop the Sengoku Period and bring peace of a war torn land.

Akuma vs Raoh.

Aside that this is a returning character, i also feel like the fight waste Raoh when he had a more thematic opponent with Toyotomi Hideyoshi from Sengoku Basara.

Yes, Akuma may have more connections but i feel like the ones that Toyotomi had are stronger and more important.

Since Raoh's ambition in the series isn't just to become the strongest but to conquer the nuclear wasteland and bring order/prosperity with his iron first.

With fit with Toyotomi, as he too has a similar motivation of conquer Japan so to stop the Sengoku Period and bring peace of a war torn land.
I heavily disagree
I am not a Sengoku Basara expert, so iirc the connections are:
Strong buff dudes that fight with their raw power that want to conquer stuff and also appeared in Arc-Sys fighting games
That's not really much, and similiar motivations aren't enough to be better than Akuma vs Raoh
I'm not saying that you should stop enjoying Totoyomi vs Raoh, i like Scourge vs Black and that match doesn't have the deepest connections lol, but saying that it has stronger connections than Raoh vs Akuma is a bit of a stretch

What is a matchup you’d rather see instead? I’m curios as I’m not knowledgeable on the FE series
It's tough to find ones I like in general, and I honestly don't know why that is, you'd think with all the characters the franchise has, MUs would come more naturally...

But at least for Robin, I'm a fan of him fighting Welkin from Valkyria Chronicles. They're both:

-General "Nice guy" leaders for their respective armies, very "father to their men" who care about the morale and personal feelings of the soldiers.
-Were both very suddenly dragged into the war efforts, but proved to be naturally talented.
-Are both gifted geniuses who take the tactician role for the army.
-Their brand of tactical genius tends to be unpredictable, and often take their opponents by surprise by thinking outside the box.
-Despite being tacticians and giving stratigic orders, they both insist of being on the front lines and fighting with the soldiers they're coordinating.
-Are both main characters from tactical RPG series, just different sub-genres.
-Their main signature abilities are stat boosting the other soldiers (Rally and Orders)

Bonus Points:

-They both use magic and come from "fantasy" settings, but Robin is a medieval/high fantasy type while Welkin is a magi-punk style fantasy character, so the contrast can be interesting.
-Magic spells, magic sword, and possibly Robin's reclass weapons Vs. Welkins guns, grenades, and of course his tank Edelweiss make for an interesting amount of potential animation wise. The smaller and more mobile Robin trying to get in against Welkin who's riding around in a slower, but devastating, mobile fortress.
-High end Valkyria scaling is really darn close to the scaling for FE's Meteor spell explosions, and you can make an argument for the Edelweiss to scale to the Valkyria. Plus I'm not confident how DB would interpret Grima, so Robin might not get the high end we give him, so DB wise this could be a close call.
-Two new franchises on the show for the price of one battle. Always nice to see.

So yeah...that's one I'm passionate about at least. I'd hate for Robin Vs. Lana to steal it, because Robin's not a character who can pull more than 1 episode if they get on the show, probably...

Definitely Vegeta. DBS wouldn't come out for some time, so Vegeta would be at most Multi-Galaxy.
I meant that Vegeta might have won even at the time because they are so unclear if they truly support Uni Super forms. They had Star allow to be Universe level and stomp Steven, so why not let Super Shadow be clearly Uni?

Ofc the moment they allow Uni Super forms means Vegeta should have lost back then.

They had Star allow to be Universe level and stomp Steven, so why not let Super Shadow be clearly Uni?
Because admitting they put a Moon level character against a Universal character is an even bigger stomp then that match already was. They claimed Shadow would beat Kill La Kill: IF Ryuko, anyways, so they probably at least believe in Low 2-C. DB has a habit of downplaying the winner to make the fight seem more fair than it actually is.
Fire emblem is overdue tho who there first rep could be is difficult to pinpoint
The rep's probably either gonna be a Awakening character, a Three Houses character, or Ike. Nobody actually likes Fates, and earlier characters like Marth or Roy don't have nearly as much to work with.

Guts vs Dimitri seems the most likely, since it's gotten a Brandon Yates track and is pretty heavily requested.

Ofc the moment they allow Uni Super forms means Vegeta should have lost back then.
DB did Shadow Stronger just Vegeta was durable enough to outlast the time limit
still was wrong obviously
The rep's probably either gonna be a Awakening character, a Three Houses character, or Ike. Nobody actually likes Fates, and earlier characters like Marth or Roy don't have nearly as much to work with.

Guts vs Dimitri seems the most likely, since it's gotten a Brandon Yates track and is pretty heavily requested.
Guts vs Dimitri is one i know but given what happened with Miura i think may wait on it

It's tough to find ones I like in general, and I honestly don't know why that is, you'd think with all the characters the franchise has, MUs would come more naturally...

But at least for Robin, I'm a fan of him fighting Welkin from Valkyria Chronicles. They're both:

-General "Nice guy" leaders for their respective armies, very "father to their men" who care about the morale and personal feelings of the soldiers.
-Were both very suddenly dragged into the war efforts, but proved to be naturally talented.
-Are both gifted geniuses who take the tactician role for the army.
-Their brand of tactical genius tends to be unpredictable, and often take their opponents by surprise by thinking outside the box.
-Despite being tacticians and giving stratigic orders, they both insist of being on the front lines and fighting with the soldiers they're coordinating.
-Are both main characters from tactical RPG series, just different sub-genres.
-Their main signature abilities are stat boosting the other soldiers (Rally and Orders)

Bonus Points:

-They both use magic and come from "fantasy" settings, but Robin is a medieval/high fantasy type while Welkin is a magi-punk style fantasy character, so the contrast can be interesting.
-Magic spells, magic sword, and possibly Robin's reclass weapons Vs. Welkins guns, grenades, and of course his tank Edelweiss make for an interesting amount of potential animation wise. The smaller and more mobile Robin trying to get in against Welkin who's riding around in a slower, but devastating, mobile fortress.
-High end Valkyria scaling is really darn close to the scaling for FE's Meteor spell explosions, and you can make an argument for the Edelweiss to scale to the Valkyria. Plus I'm not confident how DB would interpret Grima, so Robin might not get the high end we give him, so DB wise this could be a close call.
-Two new franchises on the show for the price of one battle. Always nice to see.

So yeah...that's one I'm passionate about at least. I'd hate for Robin Vs. Lana to steal it, because Robin's not a character who can pull more than 1 episode if they get on the show, probably...
Sounds like a cool matchup, I don’t think DB would do something with too little connections unless it’s under some circumstances, so maybe you don’t have to worry about Robin vs Lana

Cast while back explained things better. They want episode writers to have full control and well sometimes writers think some stat is good enough.

But yeah, Sonic would beat DC's more wins than losses record because they only should have lost is Wally. And yes, this is by their stats, not by VSW. DB's Mega Man X and Mario calcs were smaller than Chaos Emeralds' continent moving calc. Vegeta might win now but based on timing he would not then. Street Fighter is probably only even more screwed franchise than Sonic in DB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back