• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Because Goro vs Machamp exists, and I don't recall our 4-armed duck friend having a "backstory" so to speak. Are we not just writing off every Pokemon MU on a misdemeanour, by that logic? Though if you want to say "trainer plus the respective Mega", then that is research I'm more than willing to do (I mean my last two charts have been Alolan trainers, so...).

That, and (in spite of my lack of familiarity with Tekken) I think seeing Mega Evos vs Devil Gene would be the shit to see in animation. File that under 'demonic powers' and transformations, I suppose (have you seen some of the dex entries?).
Goro and machamp didnt have better yet, my knowledge on pokemon doesnt have anyone in mind regarding a match for Kazuya

Goro and machamp didnt have better yet, my knowledge on pokemon doesnt have anyone in mind regarding a match for Kazuya
They didn't
GoroChamp was just four arm fighters
Neither had better
Pretty sure even they accept that the calc they gave Hiei was flawed nowadays.
They do Strunton himself admitted he messed up

[YES THIS HAS CONNECTIONS!]

Connections: Both are blonds who had unusual births (Giorno was the son of DIO, a 100+ year old vampire and Sabrina was the daughter of a warlock and a mortal), they were very absent from one of their parents, when they became teenagers, they learned about and awakened a power that was dormant in them (Giorno's stand Gold Experience and Sabrina's magic) [If there is more or if I got something wrong please tell me]

72d54575-3f6d-415d-a5a3-31ae3ce36059

Yay, May or Nay (As an alternative to Joker VS Giorno)
Roots?
Track Name?
R8 the TN
Would you rather have a stand or the ability to use magic
Yooooo based?

You know, so we can visualize how DB doesn't care about a fight being a stomp? And we can stop responding to every matchup idea someone has with "it's a stomp" like that matters?
They do care in a certain sense
Swan in his tweet just mentions how Kazuya stomps Wesker without Calcs and such
And they rejected certain MU before before previous combatants cause they felt the opponent for them were stomps

Anyways from today's DBC
Batman opponent will be announced on July 15th
Ben would like to bring Tifa Back
Ben Does not want Tifa vs Yang 2

Probably more to mention but what I got so far

And Ben vs Beast Boy
I can see why, they themselves admitted in the Link vs Cloud commentary the didn't really know how to approach RPG characters for a long while, with that changing nowadays and maybe they think Yang vs Tifa becomes too stompy now. Yang also has other interesting matchups that can work very well like Leone or Bakugou, doesn't she? Though, I think a new matchup for Tifa should be left for far in the future. If FF is getting more battles they really should start covering the other games and other populart matchups.

Yeah, Ben outright says they had no idea about how to handle RPG characters back during Link vs Cloud. He also does outright say, yeah, Tifa would win with how they view them now. The main reason they don’t like to say whether they still think a verdict is right or not is it would make people demand them to redo a fight if they admit that the verdict isn’t right.

Yeah, Ben outright says they had no idea about how to handle RPG characters back during Link vs Cloud. He also does outright say, yeah, Tifa would win with how they view them now. The main reason they don’t like to say whether they still think a verdict is right or not is it would make people demand them to redo a fight if they admit that the verdict isn’t right.
Can't really blame them. The times they openly admit they messed up something a lot of people jump at their throats. I recall it got pretty bad when they mentioned they got wrong a calc in Android 18 vs Captain Marvel. Their compromise in that regard seems to be to retroactively update their take whenever a character is brought up again. Megaman is a good example of this gradually happening.

I tried coming up with matchups for Yukari, since she is my favorite character ever. (Though that changes on a daily basis with Monika and Edelgard) But I was unable to find anyone that could perfectly thematically match with Yukari. Elizabeth is a decent option, but she still doesn’t fully fit Yukari imo. Gotta find someone else who’s past is mostly unknown within canon besides small hints thrown around with the existence of one character (Maribel Hearn) who’s also extremely powerful but incredibly lazy. They’re willing to see themselves as the villain if it means they can protect the thing they love most etc

So what did SB admit to being wrong in the video in short? I'm kind of too lazy to click on it myself
Basically they realized that Fox's 66c speed feat apparently wasn't valid so Sonic won via that or something.

This also may imply they believe in Planet level Super Sonic since they gave Arwings Planetary durability.

Still mad they're totally blind to five statements and 2 direct feats for FTL Sonic.

Honestly, I think they downplayed how much in the wrong they were (Just like how they downplay everything else). They gave Arwings planet level for surviving a single planetary explosion yet didn't give Sonic any of his actually good feats.

I’m more upset that Super Sonic wasn’t Planetary at bare minimum
They gave Super Sonic the win against the Arwing, which they gave planetary durability, and I think they may have given Sonic planet via stopping the Arc.

I should also note they hyped the **** out of Fox before the fight. Remember what they did before Hulk vs Broly for Hulk? Well imagine if Broly actually lost that.

Yeah well YouTube generally does downplay video games, because apperantly they can't suspend their sense of disbelief of a blue anthropomorphic hedgehog being a cosmic level character
There's still some who believes but not that much (I swear to God if someone would ever say to me again, that sonic is not even faster than sound because matpat said that...).

I mean doesn't just Base Sonic alone scale to Planet level characters? I know SB is allergic to the word scaling, but Sonic being that tier in base bare minimum has been a consistent thing since the Dreamcast era
Yeah. They even said a Chaos Emerald powers his Sonic Wind, and single Emeralds have shown planetary feats, so even by their own logic Planet level base Sonic is a pretty solid thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back