• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Goku beats his Superman and Superman beats his Goku. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

And I think we all know that if there was an actual official Goku vs Superman crossover, it would be a tie.
Jiren vs. The Monkey Prince let's go
Wish someone can pick a comic book or even turn it to a DCAU or just DCEU work.

Noticed that the thread is missing Steven and Star tags
I am afraid Maximoff faced challenges in adding a proper character tag into a thread. Any content moderator willing to help?

El hermano vs Sonichu?
Nah, Sonichu should fight Coldsteel
So much deculture

Oh I am engaged in a battle royale of fixing Star Butterfly and the SVTFOE verse as a whole. In multiple aspects. Different people have different aspects of sets of data. Not that it matters in the actual episode. That not just is Steven vs Star a super mismatch, it also wastes a chance for both characters to face more matching opponents. And again, a typical example for Death Battle just choosing matchups by popularity and "close connections" without scanning their power levels and hax walls to a cent.

And it matters not our debate is here like likely weeks after the scripts for their scheduled episodes are set. Just like Iron Fist vs Po. Or Blake vs Mikasa. Or Heihachi vs Geese. Wondering if Weekly is echoing on this one.

Last edited:
Sun wukong?
Monkey Prince is likely another Sun Wukong.

Actually, Superman VS Sun Wukong (Myth) can be a DBX since they have connections. (it is too controversial to be a DB episode)

Connection:
Famous characters from a verse with multiple writers and inconstancy. (DC Comics... you know. JttW is considered as the collection of multiple stories and their only similarity is the character's name) Both have nigh-involuable physical strength and durability. Both have been believed to be vulnerable to magic but are actually having high-tier magic resistance. Both have significant (and symbolic) weakness in late story which restrict their power. (Kryptonite and Incantation of the Golden Hoop. Kryptonite has pages in TV Tropes and Incantation of the Golden Hoop has been considered as a tool of punishment [and that's controversial because of RL social-political issues]) Both are villain in the verse before their more popular appearances. (Superman in Reign of the Superman attempts to rule the world. Sun Wukong is believed to be the combination of "Monkey King" and "Monk Monkey". One of "Monkey King" before JttW is... kidnapping and sexually abusing young woman) Both have tons of haxes which are strong at their time.

Last edited:
Nah moving in stoped time due to speed yeah that’s infinite
Forgot to say this, but if that’s DB rules then someone should tell DB Game Sonic has been resisting Time Stops a decade before Archie

image0.png

It would probably be like Hercules vs Wukong because inspiration

though really, Superman is more like Moses, but I don’t think they’d touch a Jewish/Christian figure
First, Death Battle does not like to put Christian gods or even Muslim gods into a matchup, unless it is for pure illustrating purpose (like how Doctor Doom's suit "allegedly contains pieces of the cross that Jesus Christ himself was crucified on" and one Cable incarnation looks like the real life Jesus Christ).

Second, they tend to look for a verse known as pure fictional franchise with a copyright owner. Some mythical figures which are from folklore or existing religions are not picked. Likely for religious issues. (This may also mean no SCP Foundation or RCP. Suggsverse may also be excluded.)

Meanwhile, novels and games developed by small firms, while likely lesser heard of, still have a distinct copyright owner and therefore can join a Death Battle like Shovel Knight.

JTTW joins classic literature and given different reworks with different copyright claims by different authors... Unless the crew specify which firm which incarnation.

First, Death Battle does not like to put Christian gods or even Muslim gods into a matchup, unless it is for pure illustrating purpose (like how Doctor Doom's suit "allegedly contains pieces of the cross that Jesus Christ himself was crucified on" and one Cable incarnation looks like the real life Jesus Christ).

Second, they tend to look for a verse known as pure fictional franchise with a copyright owner. Some mythical figures which are from folklore or existing religions are not picked. Likely for religious issues. (This may also mean no SCP Foundation or RCP. Suggsverse may also be excluded.)

Meanwhile, novels and games developed by small firms, while likely lesser heard of, still have a distinct copyright owner and therefore can join a Death Battle like Shovel Knight.

JTTW joins classic literature and given different reworks with different copyright claims by different authors... Unless the crew specify which firm which incarnation.
JTTW isn’t really a religious thing in itself, it’s classic literature and has pretty clearly defined powers and feats so I’d say that would be fine to use

though there not exactly sparse for alternatives, specially ones that are played by Sean

I swear he’s made it his job to play the English voice of every sun wukong

I think I'd rather see Sun Wukong fight Cat Noir, though from what I've heard about Miraculous, that's probably a stomp...
Stomp in who's favor?

For the JTTW Sun Wukong, it is still hard to determine his power since the suggestion of his uni or higher power is not easily ignored. (and it is hard to determine his strength from JttW, the novel more inconstant than Marvel and DC) Instead, I chooses to suggest for using other Sun Wukong such as 1986 television series adoption Sun Wukong (It is extremely famous in mainland China and the opening theme has been remixed serveal times as Monkey King's main theme such as in Monkie Kid. I can say that if you listened to the remix in the end of an fan ost commission of Monkey King-included battle, Monkey King's definitely the winner.) You know, there are many versions of Sun Wukong (including Monkie Kid [I have picked him against Fantasy Kaleidoscope Reimu. Monkie Kid has solid planet-level feat but I hope someone could calculate this])

Last edited:
Stomp in who's favor?

For the JTTW Sun Wukong, it is still hard to determine his power since the suggestion of his uni or higher power is not easily ignored. (and it is hard to determine his strength from JttW, the novel more inconstant than Marvel and DC) Instead, I chooses to suggest for using other Sun Wukong such as 1986 television series adoption Sun Wukong (It is extremely famous in mainland China and the opening theme has been remixed serveal times as Monkey King's main theme such as in Monkie Kid. I can say that if you listened to the remix in the end of an fan ost commission of Monkey King-included battle, Monkey King's definitely the winner.) You know, there are many versions of Sun Wukong (including Monkie Kid [I have picked him against Fantasy Kaleidoscope Reimu. Monkie Kid has solid planet-level feat but I hope someone could calculate this])
I meant Sun Wukong from RWBY, but thanks for the lesson...

Steven will use Steven melons.
Battle take place at one of Gem temples
Star came from other dimension
On a beach near at a sea, Star Butterfly walks on the water to land thanks to her magic powers.

Star: Hmph. Such a paltry planet is hardly worth conquering.

With a wave of her hand, she summons troops of magic monsters - by creation or by calling from her allies. When she heard a voice.

Steven: Hey!

She sees Steven Universe on the end of the beach (while finishing to eat his watermelon) as he is determined to defend his planet.

Steven: Take your monsters and get out!

Hey, guys. So for Steven vs. Star, who do you think has the higher percentage of winning and why?
As I stated previously I believe that Steven would physically hit Star earlier than Star would use Uni stuff on Steven. It's not likely that DB would say it like that, but that's what I believe should happen as result during this fight.

On a beach near at a sea, Star Butterfly walks on the water to land thanks to her magic powers.

Star: Hmph. Such a paltry planet is hardly worth conquering.

With a wave of her hand, she summons troops of magic monsters - by creation or by calling from her allies. When she heard a voice.

Steven: Hey!

She sees Steven Universe on the end of the beach (while finishing to eat his watermelon) as he is determined to defend his planet.

Steven: Take your monsters and get out!
I've got a Deja Vu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back