• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wuxi finger hold is like... If Po is to win, POD run will have to be adopted. And they have to discard herald level Iron Fist as well. It will be DeviantArt scaling vs CBR scaling.
If you use Versus Compendium stats, the wiki which is maintained by the Deviantart DB Community, Iron Fist wins via multiversal chi augmentation

We do not have tier 2 or tier 1 Blake as well eh
Where are Blake and Mikasa put at by Wiz and Boomstick tho?

So much downplay, I can't believe they wouldn't go with any of the evidence I provided. When will Tier 4/1 Mikasa get the justice she deserves??? There is no justice in VS debating, smh

I think I remembered someone pointing out that is was Large Building for Blake VS Mikasa only getting Wall? But I might be wrong, I didn't check very well personally.

So much downplay, I can't believe they wouldn't go with any of the evidence I provided. When will Tier 4/1 Mikasa get the justice she deserves??? There is no justice in VS debating, smh

I think I remembered someone pointing out that is was Large Building for Blake VS Mikasa only getting Wall? But I might be wrong, I didn't check very well personally.
The black box mentioned that Mikasa scaled to higher feats, but that Blake scaled to Penny's feat, which is higher.

Seems like a fun matchup, but I don't know where they're going to find a good Po VA.
Seems like a fun matchup
And Nicholas Andrew Louie seems a good candidate for Po VA
and... who will be Iron fist's VA?
Jason Marnocha? Christopher Guerrero? Gianni Matragrano? Matt Hullum? Jonah Scott? Dunno lol

oh

Reading guide for Po
Paws of Destiny Po included more likely than not

Reading guide for Iron Fist
The Immortal Iron Fist (2006) is 1 to is 27 - checked
Incredible Hulk Vol 1 300 - checked
Black Panther #39 - checked
New Avengers (Vol 2/2010) #1 to #34 - checked
Iron Fist: The Living Weapon" #1 through #12 - checked

fingers crossed

Last edited:
Seems like a fun matchup
And Nicholas Andrew Louie seems a good candidate for Po VA
and... who will be Iron fist's VA?
Jason Marnocha? Christopher Guerrero? Gianni Matragrano? Matt Hullum? Jonah Scott? Dunno lol

oh

Reading guide for Po
Paws of Destiny Po included more likely than not

Reading guide for Iron Fist
The Immortal Iron Fist (2006) is 1 to is 27 - checked
Incredible Hulk Vol 1 300 - checked
Black Panther #39 - checked
New Avengers (Vol 2/2010) #1 to #34 - checked
Iron Fist: The Living Weapon" #1 through #12 - checked

fingers crossed
Imagine if Jack Black pulled a Dante Basco and reprised his role for the episode. I don't know the legal situation on that, though. Probably just wishful thinking.

d5b9e4e3-82ef-44c7-ba34-d0081e7044fe

unknown.png

b8d287ac-5ba1-417f-a62c-f48dbceb6a8a

Alright, here's my general impressions of fight having just seen it:
  1. Blake actually has more connections with Gunvolt than I first thought
  2. The animation seemingly tried to go for an anime style with it's framerate. It looks kinda jank but the action was fine enough. I'm kinda disappointed nobody was eaten by a titan, though Mikasa's death had a pretty good "Oh shit" moment.
  3. The next time is based as ****. I'm rooting and betting Po since I love Kung Fu Panda. Not to mention Po's Chi Absorption is a hard counter to Danny's powers and he's way stronger, even if Iron Fist is faster. I can't wait for Weekly to tell us how Iron Fist actually stomps.

Do I have a video clip on how life wiping is the meteor that the four students of Po deflected?

The next time is based as ****. I'm rooting and betting Po since I love Kung Fu Panda. Not to mention Po's Chi Absorption is a hard counter to Danny's powers and he's way stronger, even if Iron Fist is faster. I can't wait for Weekly to tell us how Iron Fist actually stomps.
Weekly is too late. CBR is suggesting some feats Iron Fist has done which are way above what even a DeviantArt POD Po can dish out. To the point I am moved from betting on Po towards staying neutral.
This is further supported by Versus Compendium profiles, which say Po is universe level but Danny Rand is Multiverse level.

Alright, here's my general impressions of fight having just seen it:
  1. Blake actually has more connections with Gunvolt than I first thought
  2. The animation seemingly tried to go for an anime style with it's framerate. It looks kinda jank but the action was fine enough. I'm kinda disappointed nobody was eaten by a titan, though Mikasa's death had a pretty good "Oh shit" moment.
  3. The next time is based as ****. I'm rooting and betting Po since I love Kung Fu Panda. Not to mention Po's Chi Absorption is a hard counter to Danny's powers and he's way stronger, even if Iron Fist is faster. I can't wait for Weekly to tell us how Iron Fist actually stomps.
Eyyo, another based Po poster?
A Po-ster

Seems they reverted back to Blake Vs Mikasa. I'm guessing the Youtube title limit prevented from using their full names, though since I have been informed the Youtube title limit could allow that many characters. Not sure why the change, maybe to fit with the other RWBY titles in DB?
Overall, pretty alright. Battle animation is fairly off and low frames are pretty distracting but had some cool effects and the kill is brutal.

As for next time, hoo boy I'm hyped! I'm familiar with Kung Fu Panda and I liked the first movie and third. I did watched the 2nd movie but only near the end, since I missed out the majority of the first and second half. I may consider rewatching it. Seeing Po in DEATH BATTLE is awesome. Also nice to see a lesser known Marvel character in DEATH BATTLE (though Iron Fist did gained some popularity over time). Also, this might be the first animated movie character in DEATH BATTLE! (Yoda doesn't count since he's in a primarily live-action movie, even as a puppet/CGI)

Folks have argued it being dubious
Death Battle likes to explain why some outliers should be accepted and some should not.
(Like the time Black Canary has a literal Mountain level Canary Cry and Sindel has a Multi City Block level Banshee Scream. Yet Dinah can scream Amazo to incapacitation because of Amazo's weaknesses.)
Remember the time War Machine phases through a kick from Iron Fist? Iron Fist cannot do so because Rhode is faster and the phasing ability allows him to no-sell it.

Oh I just spell it: Iron Fist is quite helpless against hax. But then Po's real hax is sealing with spirit urn and it takes about a minute and some struggling efforts from Po and his four students to seal off Jindiao so is not an instant win if his strength is not far superior.

If only Po had speed advantage, I could totally give it to Po, because then all he would actually need to do is grab finger and GG, if Danny doesn't resist it I guess.

Otherwise I think they'll accept paws of destiny since it's doesn't have direct contradiction to canon.

And since Po entered DB I guess Shrek in death battle is now possible.

Po's true speed feats come from (1) deflecting a cannonball (transonic to supersonic) and (2) dispersing clouds (again, no clips no valid screens to support calcs because link being contaminated with computer viruses and mal ads) - said calcs also support large island level POD Po.

And for his continent level feats... May I please have a video clip on how life wiping is the meteor that the four students of Po deflected?

If only Po had speed advantage, I could totally give it to Po, because then all he would actually need to do is grab finger and GG, if Danny doesn't resist it I guess.

Otherwise I think they'll accept paws of destiny since it's doesn't have direct contradiction to canon.

And since Po entered DB I guess Shrek in death battle is now possible.
Oh yeah, Po's the first Dreamworks to enter DEATH BATTLE! Hope this leads to more Dreamworks rep such as Hiccup and Toothless, Tigress and Skipper.
I'm also excited yet dreading to see Shrek in DEATH BATTLE.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, Po's the first Dreamworks to enter DEATH BATTLE! Hope this leads to more Dreamworks rep such as Hiccup and Toothless, Tigress and Skipper.
I also am excited yet dreading to see Shrek in DEATH BATTLE.
What other Dreamworks matchups are there? The only ones I know of are Hiccup and Toothless vs. Hiro and Baymax, Gru vs. Megamind, and Ginormica vs. Mt. Lady.

Seems they reverted back to Blake Vs Mikasa. I'm guessing the Youtube title limit prevented from using their full names, though since I have been informed the Youtube title limit could allow that many characters. Not sure why the change, maybe to fit with the other RWBY titles in DB?
Overall, pretty alright. Battle animation is fairly off and low frames are pretty distracting but had some cool effects and the kill is brutal.

As for next time, hoo boy I'm hyped! I'm familiar with Kung Fu Panda and I liked the first movie and third. I did watched the 2nd movie but only near the end, since I missed out the majority of the first and second half. I may consider rewatching it. Seeing Po in DEATH BATTLE is awesome. Also nice to see a lesser known Marvel character in DEATH BATTLE (though Iron Fist did gained some popularity over time). Also, this might be the first animated movie character in DEATH BATTLE! (Yoda doesn't count since he's in a primarily live-action movie, even as a puppet/CGI)
It’s generally bad for Youtube titles to be too long, makes people less likely to click on the video. Including the last names probably made it too long.

A general Death Battle thing, but does anyone else ever walk away from a fight feeling like the loser is a loser?

I dunno what it is, but no matter the feats that we're shown, the backstory we get, the narrative they weave, the cool shots in the fight, and Wiz's typical "This was a close fight"...I still just watched the loser die, and was told every way the winner is better.

Even when I know a character is stupidly powerful, whoever lost always feels suddenly super underwhelming to me, and I don't know why I can't shake that. Even Archie Sonic felt like a chump jobber after watching him die across the entire timeline when I should know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back