• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda negated by the fact that Ed meant to kill a teenager for calling him short.
Hal's kind of an asshole (cough cough emerald dawns) so it's not as OoC for him.
Hal also made a literal moon in this fight, boxing gloves, scissors, a spear, a freaking water fountain, not that bad honestly
Ed probably didn't actually intend to kill them, just to punch them once and get over it like he generally does. It just escalated. I seriously doubt DB has spite against Ed like they did against Shadow.

Did not know that about him. I'm genuinely surprised there's a major DC hero with character flaws.

Yeah, but Ben was also really uncreative with his aliens, only using series 1 aliens aside from Alien X.
You can ******* kill me, but Black Widow vs Widowmaker is meh at best, it's ******* boring and definetly isn't as fun as the rest of season 6
Yeah, you're valid, I can see why someone might not like it as much. It's not the type of thing that's everyone's cup of tea.
Tbh Wario vs Dedede is one of the best episodes in DB history in my opinion
Honestly I was talking through clenched teeth about your opinion on Black Widow vs Widowmaker but this more than makes up for your prior mediocore opinion.

Ed probably didn't actually intend to kill them, just to punch them once and get over it like he generally does. It just escalated. I seriously doubt DB has spite against Ed like they did against Shadow.

Did not know that about him. I'm genuinely surprised there's a major DC hero with character flaws.

Yeah, but Ben was also really uncreative with his aliens, only using series 1 aliens aside from Alien X.

Yeah, you're valid, I can see why someone might not like it as much. It's not the type of thing that's everyone's cup of tea.

Honestly I was talking through clenched teeth about your opinion on Black Widow vs Widowmaker but this more than makes up for your prior mediocore opinion.
I mean maybe Hal wouldn't kill a child but he is an asshole. Again, just read Emerald Dawn

I did not like WvDDD
image0.jpg

Yknow for someone who was just talking about DB spiting certain characters you seem to have a lot of spite against DC
Well when the main two heroes of DC are "Perfect Blue Boy Scout" and "Borderline Gary Stu" I think I have something other than spite giving me that feeling.

Also the only time DB's had actual spite was Shadow vs Mewtwo and maybe Shadow vs Vegeta. Bias and Spite are two very different things.

Batman is great when he's written properly

I.E. Batman when he's not doing shit with the justice league is really good and this is why Dark Knights Metal is awful
I'm gonna be FR with you, Zephyros. I ******* hate Dark Nights Metal, because it introduced this concept of a multiverse of literal nightmares and what did we get? An evil Batman Justice League led by a Batman god

Do you even read comics lol
No, I don't. I've said this multiple times. But I have seen some shows about DC, like the Justice League cartoon.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot to respect about the "Perfect boy scout" character, Jonathan is one of my favorite JoJos. But, there's a reason people with Superman's powerset that are evil (Or even are just immature in some way like Shazam) are so popular. I honestly do like Superman's characterization, I just mean that he lacks any major character flaws (I don't consider "Wants to save everyone" a character flaw by the way), and many DC heroes are similar.

As for Batman, he's just a rich kid that for no apparent reason other than willpower was able to learn every martial art, become the world's greatest detective, and become capable of creating technology that can fight gods in an absurdly short amount of time. Batman's main flaw in terms of writing is that the writers weren't content at keeping him in Street Tier.

Eh I'd be in the minority when I say evil Superman are some of my least favorite characters ever.
They're the result of r/philosophy users getting the idea of "what if this guy was actually evil!?" and so they create one note psychopaths with barely a hint of sympathy or actual depth to them, with an exception being Omni Man but I need to read Invincible beforehand

Eh I'd be in the minority when I say evil Superman are some of my least favorite characters ever.
They're the result of r/philosophy users getting the idea of "what if this guy was actually evil!?" and so they create one note psychopaths with barely a hint of sympathy or actual depth to them, with an exception being Omni Man but I need to read Invincible beforehand
To be fair Superman can be argued (At least in some interpretations) to be a one note nice guy with barely a hint of malice.

"I don't consider this flaw a flaw"

🗿

"As for Batman, he's just a rich kid that for no apparent reason was able to learn every martial art, become the world's greatest detective, and become capable of creating technology that can fight gods in an absurdly short amount of time. Batman's main flaw in terms of writing is that the writers weren't content at keeping him in Street Tier."

Yeah damn it's not like it's fiction and people can ******* do that. Tony Stark, Reed Richards, Hank Pym are all natural-born geniuses, that's just how comics are. ****, you're complaining about shit you have no idea what you're talking about. 'batman was able to learn every martial art' yeah because he spent decades learning every martial art

You honestly should, it’s a great comic. I kinda recommend that for everyone here who wants to begin to read comics but don’t know where to start.

Also just a rich kid? That's kind of a gross understatement on Batman and what he represents.
He's a character that was forced to witness the death of his parents at a young age and instead of using his money recklessly or falling into a dark path, he dedicated his life to stopping crime in the shit hole known as Gotham and embrace that darkness which others fear so that no other person goes through his pain, a sort of a darker take of Superman if you will. Also the martial arts thing and master detective stuff came from decades worth of training and studying so it's not like he had those skills for no reason

Yknow what? No i'm not done i'll keep going

You're complaining that the guy who works with the justice league has access to tech from the justice league. Hell half his plans against heralds are just "haha maybe this will work", he has NOTHING on Diana, his Flash counter can be simplified to “maybe I can trip him”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back