• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif
ace.gif
Me when spicy food

The fight was good and enjoyable, they used almost everything, memes, techniques and such.

It would have been obviously better in 3D, but I think it wouldn't have had this much interaction with the environment (even though Ryu-Jin had it).

The research was also good, I tickles me seeing that they used the manga for KoF, but at the end of the day it didn't turn the tables and all of the rest was pretty much canon (yes, I'm kinda of obsessed with canon and non-canon stuff).

I couldn't care less for the next match up tbh, BUT I'm not going to complain, because I think it will be interesting for someone else, BUT (again) I'm legally allowed to be salty, because it will 100% be in 3D, while Geese-Heihachi wasn't.

Yes, but Tekken has more layers.

Btw, I just noticed how fighting games are weirdly attracted by lasers fired by/connected to satellites.

Tekken, KoF and SF, all of them have that kind of feat that gives the characters both speed and AP.
I wonder if there are more.

It worked on Heihachi in the last Tekken game

As if! Just wait for him to show up in Tekken 8 with only some burns here and there.

Well Heihachi is near impossible to kill (to the verse power standards at least) and never truly died, but Harada pretty much wanted to conclude the Mishima feud permanently eith this

Tekken 8 (not happening any soon cuz 7 sells too well these days) going by the credits shows its gonna be Kazuya vs Jin focused now, which as well might end with Kazuya prolly dying now

Heihachi can be still in the roster, but he will be canonically dead or not around, tekken 5 had him like that, he missed the whole thing, but still there to play him

So aside from the glorified RT ad that is the next DB, I think it's kinda funny folks are already calling major salt levels regardless of the outcome (I'm aware both the RWBY and AoT fandoms have plenty of bad apples insert Touhou music here) even tho both characters aren't even that hugely popular within their respective franchise's lol!

I'm gonna be honest i hate the "it's just an ad" complaint. People want to see RWBY in a DB scenario, it's stupid to call any inclusion of RWBY in the show an ad just because "haha these two shows are owned by the same series". Yang vs Tifa you maybe have some ground on, but Weiss was treated no differently than any other combatant, and Yang vs Tifa was what, five years ago now?

So aside from the glorified RT ad that is the next DB, I think it's kinda funny folks are already calling major salt levels regardless of the outcome (I'm aware both the RWBY and AoT fandoms have plenty of bad apples insert Touhou music here) even tho both characters aren't even that hugely popular within their respective franchise's lol!
I can't really see Mikasa losing to Blake causing much salt 🧂 let alone vice versa

I'm gonna be honest i hate the "it's just an ad" complaint. People want to see RWBY in a DB scenario, it's stupid to call any inclusion of RWBY in the show an ad just because "haha these two shows are owned by the same series". Yang vs Tifa you maybe have some ground on, but Weiss was treated no differently than any other combatant, and Yang vs Tifa was what, five years ago now?
Wasn't a complaint, just stating an opinion and just like others have said, I couldn't careless about the match-up.

Wasn't a complaint, just stating an opinion and just like others have said, I couldn't careless about the match-up.
Fair enough. It wasn't aimed at you specifically, i've just seen a lot of people complaining about the MU despite how popular it is with casual audiences. Like, look at the comments in this thread and compare them to the live chat as the DB was airing. They hate it here, love it there.

I disagree. RWBY wins are going to cause salt because the other fanbase will have an excuse to call bias, no matter if it's accurate or not. People complained that they were biased towards Weiss even though she lost.
It was more so her death was weak as hell and you can tell RT didn't want there girl to get maimed badly
Fair enough. It wasn't aimed at you specifically, i've just seen a lot of people complaining about the MU despite how popular it is with casual audiences. Like, look at the comments in this thread and compare them to the live chat as the DB was airing. They hate it here, love it there.
I feel like folks keep missing this part of info
DB caters to casuals not just us VS nerds
As much folks wanted to complaining about MU like Shadow vs Ryuko and Lex vs Doom those were requested and liked by them

Persona really got big changes since that fight, even fodder from that verse would be overkill though admittedly comparing Persona to RWBY is already unfair no?
I mean they're both about high-school teenagers fighting against "darkness" (shadows and grimm) while also drawing strength from within themselves (willpower and aura) plus both can manifest a superpower that represents them (persona and semblance).

So the comparisons are legit which were likely further promoted by Cross Tag but yeah Persona is on another level compared to RWBY in terms of scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back