• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh okay, well I guess I'm just a doodoo head
From my experience, Gunvolt generally has three types of matchups:
  • Dumb stupid Megaman matchups that have no connections (Zero, Bass)
  • Fights against other Electricity users (Electro, Cole Macgrath, Laxus Dreyar)
  • Fights with other Indie characters (Shovel Knight, Shantae, Beck, Lilac, Miriam)
  • Also Gunvolt vs Deku because I made that several years ago
Cole and Miriam are my personal favorite matchups (I prefer the latter if only because I know Cole isn't getting two Death Battles and Cole fighting anyone other than Alex Mercer would be frankly stupid at this point), though looking at his profile Laxus might actually have good connections (though I don't watch Fairy Tail so idk)

And yeah, Gunvolt vs Quote is kinda dumb as a MU. They're about the same in terms of AP, but Gunvolt blitzes and part of the reason his Septima is considered so powerful is that he can hack into highly advanced modern technology with ease.

For right now I'm not really promoting any matchups for Gunvolt himself since Gunvolt 3 might change his character (And therefore matchup potential) greatly.

I've seen steelheart, misaka mikoto, and Blake from rwby. Probably not very good matches
I actually made the first one personally. The idea was that Gunvolt and The Rekoners had very similar worlds.

There's actually rumors Misaka inspired partially Gunvolt, though that's just something I saw on the Heroes wiki and it also implied Kirito inspired him, which is an idea I despise.

Gunvolt and Blake both have powers that make them really good at dodging things and have similar rivals in Copen and Adam. They also want their respective groups to live in harmony with humans despite it feeling like they're the only ones that think so at times (At least this is what I can tell as a Gunvolt fan and someone that hasn't seen RWBY).

Imo Quote better to find an opponent who would be at least genre wise similar. Maybe Axiom Verge protagonist.

While plotwise his opponent can be some soldier who awakes more later after war (Bastion from Overwatch for instance). But Quote doesn't have some decent match-ups at the moment.

Last edited:
While we're on the subject of indie game characters, is Cuphead vs Peacock (Skullgirls) a good matchup? I get that B.B. Hood is generally a more requested opponent for Peacock, but I think it'd be a neat matchup, as well as a way for us to get a hand-drawn fight without Death Battle having to sink in nearly the amount of money or effort (since the hand-drawn animations for both characters can just be lifted from their games).

While we're on the subject of indie game characters, is Cuphead vs Peacock (Skullgirls) a good matchup? I get that B.B. Hood is generally a more requested opponent for Peacock, but I think it'd be a neat matchup, as well as a way for us to get a hand-drawn fight without Death Battle having to sink in nearly the amount of money or effort (since the hand-drawn animations for both characters can just be lifted from their games).
Tbh I like it more than Cuphead vs Hat Kid(Who have Frisk) or Cuphead vs Bendy(Whom I honestly don't really want to see in DB).

Isnt B.B. Hood more better for her?
BB Hood vs Peacock is one choice.

Cuphead vs Bendy is actually one DBX match that should have been a Death Battle and one that needs to be remade from a certain point of view (that Cuphead should have won against Bendy).

I do not know much but if there are a lot of popular and/or classic characters yet to appear I doubt there is priority for niche or even straight out indie characters to appear. Even less for verses/franchises that do not even have a clear owner.

So... Yeah...
unknown.png

Its not truly fair to compare Lex vs Tony to Lex vs Doom given The former is an all time classic DB and was done in 3D and had alot of time dedicated to it
Lex vs Doom ain't as great given its was in 2D but it was still good in its own right and is among the shows better sprite fights

Gunvolt and Blake both have powers that make them really good at dodging things and have similar rivals in Copen and Adam. They also want their respective groups to live in harmony with humans despite it feeling like they're the only ones that think so at times (At least this is what I can tell as a Gunvolt fan and someone that hasn't seen RWBY).
As someone who never played Gunvolt, how was the "living alongside humans" thing handled? With RWBY, the Faunus (Blake's species) are outright discriminated against, not helped by the fact that groups like the White Fang exist (though they only became a terrorist organisation after a change in leadership and the belief that peaceful options wouldn't work). Granted, Blake isn't ACTUALLY the only one trying to change things for the better, but she's one of the main characters, so... yeah.

Also, despite being a somewhat consistent plot point, one of the main criticisms of RWBY is that they don't do a very good job showing the discrimination. Usually the most we get is a "No Faunus" sign on the front door. Legit, we saw Cinder go through more abuse in a single episode than the Faunus across the entire series.

Man, I went on a tangent, didn't I?

As someone who never played Gunvolt, how was the "living alongside humans" thing handled? With RWBY, the Faunus (Blake's species) are outright discriminated against, not helped by the fact that groups like the White Fang exist (though they only became a terrorist organisation after a change in leadership and the belief that peaceful options wouldn't work). Granted, Blake isn't ACTUALLY the only one trying to change things for the better, but she's one of the main characters, so... yeah.

Also, despite being a somewhat consistent plot point, one of the main criticisms of RWBY is that they don't do a very good job showing the discrimination. Usually the most we get is a "No Faunus" sign on the front door. Legit, we saw Cinder go through more abuse in a single episode than the Faunus across the entire series.

Man, I went on a tangent, didn't I?
Well, there's a Batman wannabe who wants to kill all of them, a megacorporation that wants to control all of them due to believing them to be too dangerous, and Adepts are literally killed on sight in China and heavily discriminated against everywhere else (An Adept tried to become a baker in France and people burnt his house down and murdered his family when they found out he was an adept).

Edit: Fixed the link

Last edited:
Well, there's a Batman wannabe who wants to kill all of them, a megacorporation that wants to control all of them due to believing them to be too dangerous, and Adepts are literally killed on sight in China and heavily discriminated against everywhere else (An Adept tried to become a baker in France and people burnt his house down and murdered his family when they found out he was an adept).
(Fixed the link)
Which means Rooster Teeth did not quite a good job on illustrating discrimination in RWBY for whatever reasons.

Speaking of discrimination... Who can Red Skull (Marvel Comics) fight against in a Death Battle? I hear people pitting him against Cobra Commander (GI Joe) but the relationship being "fiction Nazi / Hitler wannabe / Hitler secret successor" seem too stretchy.

Last edited:

So this is out on youtube now, clicked it in moments to check

It was pretty ok, some eh stuff on the lore, but it was like whatever regardless

Surprised they used a jap bio from the older games, but not really in the way i expected

The axe feat is like irrelevant (non canon as hell too) unless you would argue just early games

Waiting on people reactions to how messed up Heihachi family is, as well as himself

The latest character they added in the game, the prime minister of poland of their verse, apparently he sent a letter to her basically saying "Not gonna remove my squad of soldiers from your country, unless you want problems, if you wanna negociate with me personally, join my tournament to catch these hands then, signed Heihachi", the gist of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back