• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dead Rising Tier Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackythejack

They/Them
Okay, so, I've noticed that Frank is basically 9-B for breaking skulls. Well, I mean, technically speaking he should be 9-B for more, but that's not what I'm going to be talking about today. Instead, I'm going to be talking about a serious, series wide upgrade that should bump them up by exactly one tier. Ladies and gentlemen, I propose that Frank West should be 9-A, Small Building level

Now obviously I gotta supply feats, and you better believe that I got them! On Frank West's profile, it says that RPGs are generally 9-A, and the clip it provides seem to say that it is 9-A, or at least super high into 9-B given that it could engulf an entire store. Now, in Dead Rising 4, you can get these RPGs, you can physically posses them as Frank, and what can you do with that?

Shoot it at the ground and hurt yourself with it. The only problem is, Frank doesn't get immediately destroyed. If anything he takes it like a champ. It only deals what's essentially chip damage to him, and you can shoot all three times into the ground and the worse that happens to Frank is that...he gets pushed?? It's really not that bad at all, to be completely honest.

The other thing I'd like to bring up are the Exo Suits. Once again, we say they're 9-A due to tanking the attack of an RPG, and generally they are seen as superior to the RPG as well. However, the special thing is that Frank can tank the attacks from these things. He can even tank the attacks from these guys when they're wielding military axes. That's a 9-A swinging a 9-A weapon, and Frank can easily tank these attacks with much, much more than half of his health, and it's very easy to go and test, I just can't get video of it because I don't have a way to get it. Maybe at some point I could but not at the moment.

Of course, this is going to be a massive jump in tier, and of course I'm going to have to find ways to support this, aren't I? I am going to say right now that it's important to note that in Dead Rising 4 Frank is even older than he is in the first game and in Case West, and they try to imply that his old age makes him weaker. It takes more hits to kill zombies and Frank literally comments that he's getting too old for this kinda stuff, or as he puts it, middle age. So logically his younger form is even more durable.

My main point here is that Frank is past his prime and yet he can still tank many 9-A attacks from common enemies with RPGs and rocket launchers. You run into so many opponents with exo suits on them that it's not even funny.

On top of that, in the first game there is a feat that supports Frank's new tier, and that's mainly the helicopter. Helicopters happen a lot in this game, and they attack Frank a lot, too. One of the main reasons attacks that Frank can withstand is the helicopter shooting a missile at him. He can survive the initial blast of this at practically point blank. Using our profile for the Apache helicopter, and assuming that the helicopter is comparable due to it also being a military helicopter, this seems to be 9-A based off of the missiles that it uses.

Frank is also easily able to crush barrels simply by running into them with a helmet on, he can rip pieces of exo suits off of the exo suit itself, also 9-A, he can survive helicopter crashes like he did in the fourth game, he can easily take several megajoule attacks with sticks of dynamite that you can throw at your feet. He can easily survive them. Multiple megajoule attacks are like nothing to Frank. Heck, he could even shrug off getting ran over by a car, considering the convicts in the first game. He can survive sniper and shotgun fire, can survive literally any of his 9-A attacks with his weapons (You can figure this out in co-op mode or on Case West, I'd assume), and he can continuously beat those that can survive 9-A attacks themselves, as maniacs in Dead Rising 4 can survive a punch from the exo suit, and we know that Frank ain't pulling his punches.

On top of that, Frank has some supporting feats off of the other cast members as well. Frank is comparable to about all of the player characters in the Dead Rising series, which includes Chuck and Nick. I'm willing to bet Nick can also survive his rocket shots ingame, as it doesn't make sense for you to have a weapon that kills you instantly in a game like Dead Rising. Meanwhile, Chuck is where a decent amount of feats happen, and Frank is considered comparable to Chuck due to the issue with Case West. Anything Frank can do, Chuck can do just as well.

So what can Chuck do? Well, glad you asked. Chuck is capable of shrugging off being ran over by a motorbike, for one, he can be tackled by an actual helicopter and just shrug it off. He's taken down helicopters before, even, and that was without any type of gun. He can also shrug off grenade and dynamite explosions just as much as Frank, though his main supporting feat is the helicopter one, as it shows more consistency with the tier.

And this is excluding stuff from Off the Record, may I add, and I specifically did because I didn't want most of my supporting feats coming from there, but even then it's difficult to ignore some of the feats Frank gets from the game, where he can survive being hit full force by amusement park rides, which weigh several hundred tons the last time that I checked. He can even fight a giant robot in the ending of Off the Record, and survive attack from it as well. And, hey, would you look at that, the robot could even shoot missiles, likely similar to the missiles a helicopter uses, no doubt, as Stacey is a part of a military group in this universe. All you gotta do is look up footage of the boss or just look it up on the Dead Rising wiki.

With that said, I do feel like there's enough here to say that Frank deserves a tier upgrade to 9-A, or at least 9-B+ due to aforementioned helicopter feats, as helicopters are around this level physically from what i remember on the profile.

Also, just going to say that this would change the tiering for the entire verse. Everyone would be upgraded to 9-A due to scaling to Mr. West. Even in Nick's case, he can one shot zombies that can kill Frank West or just damage him in general, sometimes even overpower him in certain situations. So, I'd like to know what you all think, and I'd be happy to answer any questions.

1. RPG is a fair point. I do agree that is a weapon he can tank tank.

2. The fact he can rip the heads off the suits and tank hits seems fair to scale to his durability at least. AP is a ehhh..

3. Iirc. He can tank several in the first game as in the third day, if you go outside. You can be fired at.

4. I will say, that helicopter feat for chuck is definitely worth looking into. I know it can swing and hit Chuck at full speed and he can get back up. Which considering that things size and Weight. Should be mildly impressive. I'm going to try and calc the force of it. See if it gets something good.

5. While we are here. I would like to bring up that Frank as dodged a full charging car coming at him at very close range (convicts fight) shown here at 0:05 Which we can see here that he didn't move till the thug was practically in front of him. (And i believe these cars go over 100 MPH)

IMG 5150
And chuck avoids a motorcycle driving at him (and these definitely should be the faster kinds which some can move up to 250 MPH iirc) 0:11 Which also was very close range

IMG 5151
By my guesstimate, I predict super human at least, and more likely Sub sonic. Especially with the bike feat. There is others too like iirc. Frank also dodges a bike when that women from dead rising one (sister of the guy who stared it all) tried to run him over.

I was gonna focus on a couple other feats later, but it might be better to get to them right now so...yeah sure.

But you in general agree with the tier upgrade or...?

Jackythejack said:
I was gonna focus on a couple other feats later, but it might be better to get to them right now so...yeah sure.

But you in general agree with the tier upgrade or...?
I do. Makes sense. And seems consistent enough across the games

That's what I figured. I'm hoping this can get pass and more people accept it. It's be great.

If RPGs can one-shot helicopters and cars, Frank is a sure-fire 9-A, since our Common Feats page dictate it to be so.

So I'm assuming the guns are capable of doing that kinda damage, yeah?

Reasonably so, yes. They can hurt Frank who can take multiple 9-A attacks from helicopters and the like, so yes.

Unless im not understanding the question.

What I meant was, do the RPGs blow up cars in a single shot in the game?

Yes they do. Easily. I think they don't even have to hit head on to blow up a car. You just need to be sorta nearby. Could be wrong.

Did this real quick. Since it was quick calc

Looking at some pictures. Seems the Helicopter resembles a BlackHawk. (Or at least the best one I found)

IMG 5153
IMG 5155
They weight from 13,650 pounds and have a top speed of 222 MPH so. Let's KE that since Chuck can survive getting hit by it

13,650 pounds at 222 MPH gets a KE of 30,490,680 joules AKA 0.00728744741874 Tons of TNT, so Small Building.

That can offer consistency. (Less you know a helicopter that resembles this more and the weight needs to change. But I don't see any)

What do ya think?

Oooo nice. That'd be pretty consistent.

Edpecially since I don't remember the helicopter doing too much damage.

Thiugh is the Black Hawk a military vehicle? I just find it strange that TK would have a military vehicle and not just a commercial one.

Jackythejack said:
Oooo nice. That'd be pretty consistent.

Edpecially since I don't remember the helicopter doing too much damage.

Thiugh is the Black Hawk a military vehicle? I just find it strange that TK would have a military vehicle and not just a commercial one.
It is, however. He was working with shady stuff and working with millions. I don't think it's unresonable to say he could get his hand on military tech. He did have military guns after all. And he is going to be in a zombie infested. So he likely would have A better one to a commercial

Mm, fair enough I suppose. Just a bit strange to me I guess but fair enough all the same.

Guess that's even more consistency right there. Sweet.

This is looking more and more plausible.

Sweet. Also a potential sub sonic reaction since you can dodge it too. (If there's another helicopter however someone brings up that matches its look more. I give it a quick recalc based on the Weight.)

Yeah, this is gonna be pretty sweet.

never thought Frank could actually become 9-A to be honest but I mean.

Something good came out of Dead Rising 4 at least.

Yeah that's all absolutely fine. Definetly 9-A dura. May I just ask, would 9-A attack potency be from hurting things or people that can harm his 9-A dura? Is that we're the 9-A AP is coming from?

Apart from that yeah this is solid

The 9-A AP is coming from him hurting things that can not only tank 9-A attacks, but he also just scales to people that can hurt him.

Also comparable to Chuck who also has 9-A dura and he can hurt Chuck in Case West and vice versa.

Maybe message Ant or another admin and get them to look st the thread

If they agree then you should be fine to apply the changes

I messaged Ant to see what he thinks

also this totally disqualifies Frank from those brackets you were holding but

can't say I'm mad.

NICE.

Another game verse hits 9-A and can fight against plenty of anime characters but still lose because hax.

At least Frank's got better AP than MCU Cap LOL.

Frank's actually got some decent hax. Matter manipulation to literally make people disappear entirely, transmutation, possibly some durability negation, I've manipulation good enough to freeze a guy solid. I could go on but eh.

I suppose that the first post seems fine.

Nick would absolutely scale, yes. Zombies would be upgraded to 9-A from this due to actually hurting Frank in the first place, so Nick killing them is perfectly fine and bumps him up to the same tier.

Even then we can argue him being 9-B if we aren't upgrading the zombies because...they're 9-B

Yeah, they're essentially all the same physically, and Nick is younger than Frank too. Not too much of a reason to scale but he's definitely capable of doing the same things and tanking the same things Frank and Chuck can, so...yeah.

If this goes through everyone is getting a 9-A

I don't think that this change would be controversial.

Alright! I'll apply it as soon as I get the chance then. Thank you for the approval!

I'll also remove any matches effected by such a change, as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back