• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dead Rising Tier Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Jackythejack can handle it. If any corrections remain, I'll perform the cleanups.

@Assembled

No, I think that you can edit the page.

Okay.

The helicopter feat should be put in a blog tho. Simple KE feat.

I believe that is the (wanked) feat that is claimed scale all DR main protagonists to 9-A.

A helicopter flying at full speed of 222 mph and hence a KE on crashing at 30,477,646.8 J? Sounds a big number on paper but actually Chuck was knocked off flying onto the floor, not mowed down or slammed into it so the following kinetic energy formula should apply instead:

KE taken by Chuck = 0.5 * MassPerson * FinalSpeed^2
where FinalSpeed = (MassCopter*InitialSpeed):(MassPerson+MassCopter)

Assume Chuck is as heavy as Frank West (who is 87 kg) and assume we are still considering that helicopter to be 13650 lbs or 6191.535851 kg,

final speed = 99.22166667 m/s * 6191.535851 / (6191.535851 + 87) = 97.84677844 m/s

and KE = 0.5 * 87 * 97.84677844^2 = 416468.6543 J (Wall Level)

This is a more realistic durability yield (and possibly AP yield) of Chuck Greene and any DR main protagonist.

If Frank West has taught us anything, that is "reporting and spreading the truth is more important than wanking on any ideologies". Hope bois and gals understand.

I have made a calculation blog now and we need to downgrade the DR main cast back now...

Actually, that's not what Frank scales to.

He scales to his RPGs, which can one-shot vehicles and blow up entire shops. Frank tanks them at point-blank range. A LOT.

And he fights on par with opponents of comparable dura and the exact same feats as him.

I won't put the changes in now until I get confirmation from you, Jason, just because I want to clear up everything with you. I thought about this for quite a bit now, so I can explain reasons for this upgrade.

Jasonsith said:
I believe that is the (wanked) feat that is claimed scale all DR main protagonists to 9-A.

A helicopter flying at full speed of 222 mph and hence a KE on crashing at 30,477,646.8 J? Sounds a big number on paper but actually Chuck was knocked off flying onto the floor, not mowed down or slammed into it so the following kinetic energy formula should apply instead:

KE taken by Chuck = 0.5 * MassPerson * FinalSpeed^2
where FinalSpeed = (MassCopter*InitialSpeed):(MassPerson+MassCopter)

Assume Chuck is as heavy as Frank West (who is 87 kg) and assume we are still considering that helicopter to be 13650 lbs or 6191.535851 kg,

final speed = 99.22166667 m/s * 6191.535851 / (6191.535851 + 87) = 97.84677844 m/s

and KE = 0.5 * 87 * 97.84677844^2 = 416468.6543 J (Wall Level)

This is a more realistic durability yield (and possibly AP yield) of Chuck Greene and any DR main protagonist.

If Frank West has taught us anything, that is "reporting and spreading the truth is more important than wanking on any ideologies". Hope bois and gals understand.

I have made a calculation blog now and we need to downgrade the DR main cast back now...
I won't deny I forgot to consider to take in account he was sent flying back. But that doesn't call for a downgrade. The Entire thing above explains other reasons why. This was just initially a calc to see if the helicopter feat yielded anything good. So a downgrade is Not in order

Oh how come Nick wasn't effected by the upgrades?

I should probably rectify that. He'll be bumped to 9-A as well.

It'd be easy to fix just in case we have to.

Also want to point out

Don't have the helicopter feat on franks page. Only chuck. Frank simply scales to chuck.

Frank AP

Can trade blows with people who can hurt him Comparable to chuck

Durability

Can tank his own RPG

Comparable to chuck who took a helicopter hitting him

Can tank hits from Exo suits

Speed

Can dodge a full speeding car close range

Comparable to chuck who dodged a helicopter

Chuck

AP

Comparable to people who can hurt him

Durability

Comparable to frank

Can tank a helicopter flying into him

Speed

Dodged very close range motercycle

Can dodge a full speed helicopter

Nick Just should be comparable to chuck and frank via the zombies being the same (Attack Potency and Durability only. NOT SPEED

Ehhh no. The zombies don't scale in reaction. They are shown to be able to be blitzed.

And we can't assume the survivors in the game are comparable

Mm, fair enough.

Can he also snap neck though? Or rip off heads? If so that lifting strength should change. If not Nick is good to go.

Jackythejack said:
Mm, fair enough.

Can he also snap neck though? Or rip off heads? If so that lifting strength should change. If not Nick is good to go.
I believe he is can. The zombies can physically wrestle with Frank and chuck. So he should scale regardless.

Frank, Chuck and Nick have all been upgraded and edited accordingly. If you could look it over, Butters, and tell me if I missed anything important, that'd be appreciated.

We already discussed this. He wouldn't because there's nothing definitely stating he scales to them in speed and reaction.

Also, why did you remove Nick's categories?

Jackythejack said:
Frank, Chuck and Nick have all been upgraded and edited accordingly. If you could look it over, Butters, and tell me if I missed anything important, that'd be appreciated.
Chuck doesn't have the helicopter feat linked on his page And he can dodge motorcycles at full speed too.

Other than that. It should be good.

Jackythejack said:
We already discussed this. He wouldn't because there's nothing definitely stating he scales to them in speed and reaction.
Also, why did you remove Nick's categories?
His speed suppose to be athletic human like other Dead Rising protagonists.

Okay that is fair enough but his reaction speed scaling isn't really implied.

Also seriously why did you remove Nick's categories?

Two last things

1. Can we remove dead rising off the record off his list of weapons. Isn't canon. Plus, case west has the same weapons.

2. In going to update Chucks page with the things he should have in powers and abilities. Cause it's VERY VERY outdated.

Might want to wait for another CRT for Chuck's abilities because.

i plan on doing that later.

Jackythejack said:
Might want to wait for another CRT for Chuck's abilities because.

i plan on doing that later.
It doesn't need a thread really. It's just the same weapons he has that gives him the abilities. I don't think we need to make another one for it. It was accepted for frank. So it should be put on Chucks page via same weapons

I mean fair enough I guess? Just be sure to explain that when you summarize the edits.

Guess I can check off most of that revision I had planned. Sweet.

Jackythejack said:
I mean fair enough I guess? Just be sure to explain that when you summarize the edits.

Guess I can check off most of that revision I had planned. Sweet.
Alrighty. I will.

Think I can remove Dead rising off the record from his weapons since Case West has the same weapons anyway

And the game isn't even canon?

I mean he does have a couple combo weapons exclusive to OTR yeah? That's why I'm a bit iffy on it.

Jackythejack said:
I mean he does have a couple combo weapons exclusive to OTR yeah? That's why I'm a bit iffy on it.
I think for now it should be removed for now. Since it's non canon. And possibly reviewing if it removes any abilities from his page

Off the top of my head I know for a fact it removes what would be plasma manipulation as it ain't on his page. The frequency gun used to kill gas zombies uses plasma.

All I can think of off the top of my head.

Yeah likely.

After that it really helps because I can chuck a lot of that future Dead Rising crt our the window.

Its gonna be adding a new key to Frank and likely some new abilities with Capcom Heroes.

Yeeeah we're gonna be updating Chuck it seems. Nick seems a little more lower priority but he'll get what he needs.

He has different abilities than the other two though in my opinion because of a couple different combo weapons.

I just added them on Chucks. I don't know a lot on nicks weapons or else I would have done it too (Kinda keep forgetting that game even exists)

I can cover Nick. I looked through a video of DR3 combo weapons but I'd rather play it safe and wait until a thread gets out, just because it makes me uncomfortable and I feel like I'm on thin ice.

also do you wanna vote on Frank's new 9-A battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back