• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dceu faora and Nam-ek should not scale to Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean after his fight with Batman or after his healed by the sun?
After Healing
Yes he's on par with Diana's performance (maybe slightly worse) but then the next film has a groggy and just rvived Supes knocks out everyone. Yes we assume the Motherbox amped him but I think it's worth noting even a weakened Superman probably has the consistently best feats of anyone in the verse.
If you look at the context, he arguably isn’t. Stepp makes special mention of Supes being dead even though Diana blatantly does better against DD, Bats pushes for Pet Sematary to win against Stepp even though they have Arthur and Diana right there, the Mother Box tossing out planet changing energies is only meant to wake him up.
Yeah this is partly my issue
I think it's also worth noting he easily has the best feats even while massively inexperienced so we might need to look into that. Of course that's it's own thread

After Healing
Yes he's on par with Diana's performance (maybe slightly worse) but then the next film has a groggy and just rvived Supes knocks out everyone. Yes we assume the Motherbox amped him but I think it's worth noting even a weakened Superman probably has the consistently best feats of anyone in the verse.

Yeah this is partly my issue
I think it's also worth noting he easily has the best feats even while massively inexperienced so we might need to look into that. Of course that's it's own thread
True and there’s the fact Diana said Superman was one of the strongest beings see had ever seen(or something like that) not even mentioning DD. Which is weird since he should have been fully healed by the sun

That statement was Snyder Cut; I'm thinking of the Theatrical Cut
Theatrical Cut still treated Supes as the strongest looking at by statements from the members of the League, which is why they needed to bring him back, and they didn’t know if the Mother Boxes would amp his strength. But still believed Supes coming back would give them an edge.

I'll check out if the novelization does mention Superman being fatigue, but at the moment I think the best rating would be something like "[Calc of mountain crash], at most High 7-A" for all of them.

So some novel stuff I guess
The overpowering force slammed him down onto the exposed bedrock of the island, pinning him to the Earth with wave after wave of g-force. The weight and pressure were so intense that he could barely lift his head, let alone fly. Was this what the gravity on Krypton had been like? Small wonder he felt light as air on Earth.

Until now.
It felt as if a giant was stepping on him, grinding him beneath its heel, even as the World Engine continued to spew its toxic gases into the air. Gravity waves penetrated the Earth, increasing the planet’s mass. Soon the entire world would be fit only for people who didn’t belong there.
Crimson energy shot from his eyes, meeting the gravity beam head on. For a moment the two forces appeared evenly matched. Then, screaming from the strain, Superman broke the stalemate and drove himself upward into the belly of the World Engine. Turning his own indestructible body into a weapon, the Man of Steel burst through the crown of machine and shot into the churning alien clouds.
But he didn’t give the genocidal general a moment to recover from the attack. Out for blood, and determined not to let Zod hurt anyone else, he lunged at his father’s murderer, driving him back through a bulkhead and onto the floor. His fingers closed around Zod’s throat as he pinned him to the tiles. After what he had just seen of the damage inflicted on Metropolis, he figured the kid gloves were off.
Anyways here's the important part
A toppling skyscraper clipped him on its way down, swatting him to Earth. He crashed into a deserted street a few blocks beyond the circle of destruction.

This can’t go on, he thought. The whole city is coming down on top of us.

He staggered to his feet, reeling. He had been going nonstop for hours now, first against the World Machine, then the singularity, and now Zod. He needed a moment to recharge.

But Zod gave him no respite
. He hoisted a stretch limousine above his head and heaved it at Superman, who dodged the car with only nanoseconds to spare. It smashed into the foundations of a looming multi-level carport, and exploded on impact.
Also unrelated but I here's the A-10 thing
Superman spotted the Warthogs as they began firing. He dived out of the way of the air strike, but was tagged anyway. An armor-piercing shell, made of depleted uranium, failed to break his skin, but sent him crashing through the front of a hardware store. The property damage hurt even worse than the ammo—this was his hometown that was being wrecked. He knew these people and their businesses.

So basically, yes, Superman according to the novel was still weakened from the world engine when fighting Zod and never actually fully recharged.

So basically, yes, Superman according to the novel was still weakened from the world engine when fighting Zod and never actually fully recharged.
Would this mean that he wasn’t fully recharged when he went up against Doomsday during the final fight? Especially since Kryptonite does a bigger number on him compared to the World Engine. Since we do see Superman get exposed to the sun after the battle against the World Engine and still doesn’t recover completely. Meaning the only time we might’ve seen Supes in his peak would be JL and the Snyder Cut.

Kryptonite makes him weaker in the immediate exposure but he gets better after a minute. Anyone got quotes for the BvS or DD fights in the novels? Particularly about the sun charge after the nuke for the latter. If it says he reached full power, he would scale above the WE but if he is still not at his max, nobody outside of Supes will scale to the WE.

On the quote above, that means that Zod doesn’t scale to Clark in the final fight. Down bad for him.

Anyone got quotes for the BvS or DD fights in the novels?
Afaik there's not a novelization of BvS.

But if Superman was nerfed fighting Zod then he was probably nerfed fighting Doomsday. Especially when you compare his performance agaisnt Wonder Woman in JL.

Which would mean no one scales to the world engine feat because Superman either casual no diffs everyone at full strength or was weakened when fighting them.

Yeah …. that’s kinda what I figured.

Any calc dudes know how impressive the WE digging to the bedrock is? Or is bedrock already exposed on the ocean floor?

Zod would still scale to the World Engine feat for fighting a weakened Clark, no? Supes was weakened when he destroyed the WE too.

As for the Justice League I think they can scale to this Doomsday feat or a weakened Superman surviving a nuclear blast.

Supes also needs an Early MoS key and Accelerated Development.

Clark mentions that he’d been going all out for hours and brings up both the WE and singularity as notably taxing events he had to go through. Zod can’t really scale to the WE when Supes pushed himself to complete it after 5 minutes in Krypton’s atmosphere and then struggled with the singularity before having to fight Zod.

Zod would still scale to the World Engine feat for fighting a weakened Clark, no? Supes was weakened when he destroyed the WE too
Superman was at full strength against the World Engine, it's just the effort it took destroying it and overcoming the phantom zone left him exhausted when fighting Zod.

So there's no justification for him to scale to a peak Superman.

He is weakened by it but Supes completely exhausts himself to fight it with a small ray of sunlight for a pick me up only to strain himself against the singularity.

Yeah. Krypton's atmosphere, the gravity well and the singularity all hit Clark before Zod ever did. So Superman wasn't at his peak strength.

That really comes down to whether we treat him being at full power after the sun recharge. If yes, then DD and co scale. If not, everyone scales to something else. Probably DD nuking Stryker Island.

Yeah I've had the same thoughts for a while
Maybe we could backscale the top tiers from Clark's feat with the WE (He certainly seems weaker then then against Doomsday) but that still has the same issue of overall consistency since everything else is massively weaker

He got dazed by a car falling on him during the Zod fight, iirc, so judging his durability from scene to scene through the movie is pretty impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back