• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dceu faora and Nam-ek should not scale to Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t believe that faora or nam-ek should scale to Superman’s World engine feat or any of his other feats later on in MoS(mostly after the smallville fight)or BvS. The reason for this is because Clark has gotten stronger over time since he started using his powers and had massively improved by the end of MoS.

One of the reasons is this.

(0:38)
It is stated by jor-el to keep on testing Clark’s limits to see how strong he truly is(and we’ll get) and this seems to be the case seeing as Clark started out pretty weak in MoS and gradually got better feats even in the same film.
At first even before he gains his ability to fly, he struggles to lift an oil rig and is seemly KOed after it fell on top of him

(1:40)

But after he gains his flight and starts really trying out and testing his powers for the first time he shrugs off crashing through a mountain top

(1:17)

Which I think is a better durability feat then having part of an oil rig fall on you and gets KOed, but it doesn’t end there. In Clark’s smallville fight he gets a couple of low ends. For one Clark is downed for a bit by a gas line explosion

(1:16)

The clark and namek get KOed by a-10 fire

No Caption Provided

Then Clark gets downed by a train(albiet it it was thrown be man-el so eh) and then he gets knocked down and gets hurt so badly by the scot ship blasters that zod’s goons are able to drag zod back to the scout ship with Clark doing nothing but laying down in pain

(2:14)

and this blasters kinda suck, they couldn’t even destroy this planes propellers and could only ignite them

https://youtu.be/CFINnkBvC2M
(4:26)

But then after that Clark starts getting better feats after using his powers more like his famous world engine feat

https://youtu.be/jSjI7gwuKtg

After this we get into BvS. Superman pretty much no-sells a drone strike which while isn’t amazing it’s batter then getting hurt by some scout ship blasters
https://youtu.be/xpOAGlncHSc

(1:55)

Then we start seeing him pulling a giant ass ship through ice that’s flipped over and doing it seemingly causally

https://youtu.be/PxcXyK2_CzM

(0:39)

While this isn’t exactly a lifting feat this is still a massive improvement from struggling to lift part of an oil rig. Much later after this he goes on to no-sell the capital explosion

https://youtu.be/OVpGII166Fk

Not super impressive but definitely above some of his low ends in MoS. Then of course there’s Bruce preparing to fight Superman and needing kryptinate to put the boy Scott down instead of say an A-10 cannon or cruise missile which I think we all know he has more then enough money and power to get or create. Seeing as how powerful the man of steel has become in 2 years

https://youtu.be/8ixaEnZHtH8

there’s also the fact that it’s stated that Clark stronger as he gets older
8286939-14fe90fe-ffe7-4afa-b035-bd887fcb5409.jpeg

Anyways I think I’ve made my point, what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Clark grows stronger and stronger throughout the movie at a rapid rate, both through combat and through training.

It's certainly possible; especially since he's mentioned as growing stronger while aging and he can seemingly handle enhanced conditions (like low oxygen) much better then before
I'm unsure if other Kryptonians would gain the same but it's worth noting I guess

This might require us to free up room on thbe actual page but I could see us nuking the Snyder Keys tbh (I only had them added as a compromise and certain leaks make them kinda superfluous)

I agree but also disagree, yes, Supes does get stronger as the movie goes on and is likely at his peak when fighting Zod. But it's pretty much unquantifiable how much weaker he was. I don't think it should knock Faora and Nam-Ek off High 7-A. I think an At Most High 7-A should work since they were still relative to Supes right before his fight against Zod.

I agree but also disagree, yes, Supes does get stronger as the movie goes on and is likely at his peak when fighting Zod. But it's pretty much unquantifiable how much weaker he was. I don't think it should knock Faora and Nam-Ek off High 7-A. I think an At Most High 7-A should work since they were still relative to Supes right before his fight against Zod.
They kinda weren’t though, namek and a younger Clark we’re getting knocked out and hurt by things that wouldn’t affect Clark by the end of movies like a-10 bullets, plasma blasts and a gas station explosion. None of this things are even close to his WE or what he dose his Zod’s fight later on

Last edited:
They kinda weren’t though, namek and a younger Clark we’re getting knocked out and hurt by things that wouldn’t affect Clark by the end of movies like a-10 bullets, plasma blasts and a gas station explosion. None of this things are even close to his WE or what he dose his Zod’s fight later on
Are you suggesting a possible Accelerated Development or Reactive Power Level for Supes?

I'm surprised nothing from First Flight has been calced (Or any of Superman's other flight speed feats)
Fairly certain they have. Don’t have the links on me but they came out to MHS+, around Mach 1,000-3,000 iirc.

Edit: Spino did a bunch of calcs of his first flight which vary from Mach 223.5 to Mach 6,081.8 with an average speed over the course of the full flight being Mach 1,316.6.

Considering this is all part of his first flight, it’s super casual and he gets much stronger throughout the movie, all of this is nothing to him by the end when he is trying.

Last edited:
Fairly certain they have. Don’t have the links on me but they came out to MHS+, around Mach 1,000-3,000 iirc.

Edit: Spino did a bunch of calcs of his first flight which vary from Mach 223.5 to Mach 6,081.8 with an average speed over the course of the full flight being Mach 1,316.6.

Considering this is all part of his first flight, it’s super casual and he gets much stronger throughout the movie, all of this is nothing to him by the end when he is trying.
Doesn't he also have one where he carries Doomsday into space (Or at least upper atmosphere)

Hmm I'm unsure
Clark was mentioned as being fatigued in the novelization but I could check that out sometime

Yep; while he started recovering from the Kryptonite he's still visibly not healed and he's just been beaten down by Batman
Plus there’s the fact Clark forced doomsday to adapt after just one bullrush after being healed

Hell I'm not entirely sure why we assume he's at full strength after this
If you look at the context, he arguably isn’t. Stepp makes special mention of Supes being dead even though Diana blatantly does better against DD, Bats pushes for Pet Sematary to win against Stepp even though they have Arthur and Diana right there, the Mother Box tossing out planet changing energies is only meant to wake him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back