• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm genuinely curious if I should add Lords of Chaos and Order. I mean duality is a big part of DeMatteis Cosmology.

For Vertigo, I don't know how we skip on Yggdrasil when the final few story arcs of Lucifer revolves around it.

Miscellaneous:​

This section is continued and will be added to the OP. However, I'll make clear any of the information present in these sections is meant to illicit that they can be possibly used. This means they're not direct and coherent things to be used if the general consensus favors not using them.

The House of Mystery is considered an ontological diagesis. This simply means the structure of reality in the story is being told through a medium. That medium is the House of Mystery.

The entirety of all realms or more so stories told by the mystery of the House are pure “conception(no more or less).” They act as flaws without perfect unity which is called Omneity which in easy terms just means allness.

For example, there's a world called Archetypal Forest in the storyline literally called “Thesis.” As a place that's beset by unreality in all directions. The residents there being literal what and if.

Then another place is called “a place that is not a place, that exists between things that are and things that are not known. Between the substance and the sense. Between shape and the form. The word and the thought. It has no name, though some call it the space between.”

All of that is a “possibility” taking effect as just a story, a story of a world that has could be and what if. Which would be important later.

A garden in fights between cats and birds, a realm older than Eden, Heaven, and Hell. Where even infinitesimal dung contains entire Universes, since this is Vertigo, this is a non-fancy way of saying Creation/Multiverse.

Now, why is this important. Well, all these stories/worlds are to the resident “more real than reality itself.” All its connection point connects all “possible worlds.”

Now, let's look at High 1-A:
The apex of this tier, represented also by a "+" modifier in their Attack Potency section (High Outerverse level+), corresponds to characters whose power encompasses meta-qualities, meta-meta-qualities, and any and all conceivable extensions of this process, being on a which in which their power influences the space of all logically possible worlds ("Logical space," where the laws governing it are the three laws of thought), being characters who either have the ability to actualize arbitrarily large worlds, or embody the framework of such worlds itself.
Hmmm. I don't know about you but the House of Mystery kinda gives off that vibe.

Miscellaneous:​

This section is continued and will be added to the OP. However, I'll make clear any of the information present in these sections is meant to illicit that they can be possibly used. This means they're not direct and coherent things to be used if the general consensus favors not using them.

The House of Mystery is considered an ontological diagesis. This simply means the structure of reality in the story is being told through a medium. That medium is the House of Mystery.

The entirety of all realms or more so stories told by the mystery of the House are pure “conception(no more or less).” They act as flaws without perfect unity which is called Omneity which in easy terms just means allness.

For example, there's a world called Archetypal Forest in the storyline literally called “Thesis.” As a place that's beset by unreality in all directions. The residents there being literal what and if.

Then another place is called “a place that is not a place, that exists between things that are and things that are not known. Between the substance and the sense. Between shape and the form. The word and the thought. It has no name, though some call it the space between.”

All of that is a “possibility” taking effect as just a story, a story of a world that has could be and what if. Which would be important later.

A garden in fights between cats and birds, a realm older than Eden, Heaven, and Hell. Where even infinitesimal dung contains entire Universes, since this is Vertigo, this is a non-fancy way of saying Creation/Multiverse.

Now, why is this important. Well, all these stories/worlds are to the resident “more real than reality itself.” All its connection point connects all “possible worlds.”

Now, let's look at High 1-A:

Hmmm. I don't know about you but the House of Mystery kinda gives off that vibe.
House of Mystery is at an accessible point. It is a mystical realm located at the supernatural crossroads between many worlds.

There are a lot of elements not only from House of Mystery, but also from Books of Magic and other Sandman spin-offs.
Ain't that the truth. There's plenty to mention for the vertigo side. You got some stuff like Lucifer shaping the void into hell with just his shadow and darkness. And this wasn't just any void. It's described as not a place but an unbounded emptiness. The same emptiness that the Presence didn't bother shaping or sealing with his will in the beginning. Stuff that was always missing from the cosmology split because for whatever reason, Mike Carey's Lucifer took precedence over the other comics. But that's off topic.

Anyway, the reason I'm back is because I forgot to give my vote. I agree with the DeMatteis Cosmology tiering. At least for God and Pralaya stuff. As for the Vertigo side, I have no interest in voting for or against it as it stands. Even though I could, I rather remain neutral.

Ain't that the truth. There's plenty to mention for the vertigo side. You got some stuff like Lucifer shaping the void into hell with just his shadow and darkness. And this wasn't just any void. It's described as not a place but an unbounded emptiness. The same emptiness that the Presence didn't bother shaping or sealing with his will in the beginning. Stuff that was always missing from the cosmology split because for whatever reason, Mike Carey's Lucifer took precedence over the other comics. But that's off topic.

Anyway, the reason I'm back is because I forgot to give my vote. I agree with the DeMatteis Cosmology tiering. At least for God and Pralaya stuff. As for the Vertigo side, I have no interest in voting for or against it as it stands. Even though I could, I rather remain neutral.
This is normal in a way. Although Dan's Lucifer is a more contrasting and traditional profile to God, and not much different from Mike's in terms of power, he is much higher up hierarchically. My goal is to expand on the references to the Sandman/Vertigo Cosmology. This is important in every way.

I'm planning to make part 2 after this. So I need to start collecting and tallying up votes. So no more adding stuff, just your vote for agreement or disagreement.

This is normal in a way. Although Dan's Lucifer is a more contrasting and traditional profile to God, and not much different from Mike's in terms of power, he is much higher up hierarchically. My goal is to expand on the references to the Sandman/Vertigo Cosmology. This is important in every way.
And the thing is, what I mentioned above about Lucifer shaping the void isn't even Dan's Lucifer. This stuff came out decades ago with Sandman and the other spin offs. Predating Carey's run by nearly a decade too, but it got ignored for Carey's stuff. This is off topic though, so I'll leave at that for now.

And the thing is, what I mentioned above about Lucifer shaping the void isn't even Dan's Lucifer. This stuff came out decades ago with Sandman and the other spin offs. Predating Carey's run by nearly a decade too, but it got ignored for Carey's stuff. This is off topic though, so I'll leave at that for now.
Dan's Lucifer has a similar ability. Which one are you talking about? This is not off topic.

Back