• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, we need to keep looking for feats for the Post-Flashpoint street tiers. They have little to no good representation, especially in the LS department.
Help with that would be appreciated, yes.

Well, surviving part of a nuclear explosion definitely seems like an outlier.

Well, surviving part of a nuclear explosion definitely seems like an outlier.
That's not a nuclear explosion he's tanking, that'd be a literal submarine being hurled to his face. Plain KE feat.

Though given the small size of the characters it's hard to say whether Deathstroke was at the dead center when the submarine struck him, but the water is definitely there so Slade isn't taking the full force of the submarine because of momentum BS.

Fortunately, linear momentum formula should fix that.

Final Speed = (MassSubmarine*Initial Impact Speed of Submarine)/(MassDeathstroke+MassSubmarine)

Final KE of person getting hit: 0.5 * Mass of Person Getting Hit * Final Speed^2

We just need to find mass of the submarine, and the height between the Submarine and Slade to use the Splat calculator to find the free-fall speed and then we can dump it into the linear momentum formula above. Since m1v1 = m2v2.

Last edited:
Okay. Thank you for your evaluation. Would you be willing to provide a blog calculation for the feat please?

Keep in mind that Slade is technically supposed to be considerably physically superior to Batman though.

Okay. Thank you for your evaluation. Would you be willing to provide a blog calculation for the feat please?

Keep in mind that Slade is technically supposed to be considerably physically superior to Batman though.
Currently measuring the height between the suspended Submarine and sea level seems to be a pain in the ass (As that will be the distance I input into the splat calculator), will need someone with better pixel-scaling skills than me. The explosion caused by the impact also makes it a bit hard to measure.

Also, I will need a submarine expert to tell me the make and model of this submarine. I'm only good with land-based vehicles for the most part.

Currently measuring the height between the suspended Submarine and sea level seems to be a pain in the ass (As that will be the distance I input into the splat calculator), will need someone with better pixel-scaling skills than me. The explosion caused by the impact also makes it a bit hard to measure.

Also, I will need a submarine expert to tell me the make and model of this submarine. I'm only good with land-based vehicles for the most part.
Okay. Thank you for trying to help out.

@Jasonsith @AlexSoloVaAlFuturo @Antoniofer @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

Would any of you be willing to help KLOL with this task please?

Okay. Thank you for trying to help out.

@Jasonsith @AlexSoloVaAlFuturo @Antoniofer @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

Would any of you be willing to help KLOL with this task please?
Alex has been out of commission for god knows how long. Maybe Spino can help but he seldom responds these days.

That or we could use the cross-section method of finding the difference between the frontal impact area of the submarine and Slade's cross-sectional area, and then multiplying that difference with the potential energy value of the submarine depending on its height. But I'd still need the make and model of the submarine, the frontal dimensions of the submarine to find its frontal impact area, and the height the submarine fell from into Deathstroke.

Okay.

Alex and Antoniofer still regularly visit, and are highly knowledgeable about calculation methods, so I took a chance with them. I can ask Executor and Therefir as well if nothing happens though.

Also does anyone know the length of a tripwire? I found a feat where Batman survived an explosion with 9-A yield and if anyone knows the length of tripwires, I will apply Inverse Square Law.

While Slade is in fact superior, their Post-Flashpoint versions have mostly matched each other so Deathstroke being 8-C while Batman being just 9-B seems like a stretch.

Seems to be a Typhoon-class sub due to the topside being closer to the end.
'Kay, so the frontal impact area can be determined by using the width of the submarine as the radius (Low-ball, the frontal impact area should be much much smaller given that it does decrease to the front, maybe I should use that instead).

Now we need to find the height from which the sub was dropped. From what I can see it'd easily exceed several storeys given that the Typhoon is like, THE BIGGEST SUBMARINE CLASS IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. But I'm not sure about the exact height dropped.

Also does anyone know the length of a tripwire? I found a feat where Batman survived an explosion with 9-A yield and if anyone knows the length of tripwires, I will apply Inverse Square Law.
The bomb IIRC was like, 8-B, but the length of the wire center and explosives are unknown, because Batman tugs on it and makes it a bit... hard to gauge.

Hellbeast sent me this;
Deathstroke (2014) Annual 2: Deathstroke "kills" a country.

Could be used for DS Dura if not outlier

Pixel-scaling may be a bit inaccurate tho, but here's the untampered scan in case you wanna take a crack at it yourself.

latest

Pixel-scaling may be a bit inaccurate tho, but here's the untampered scan in case you wanna take a crack at it yourself.

latest
That could work, but I hate to be the bearer of bad news, again, but there's a few unfortunate caveats that are revealed at the start of the following issue (Batman 2011 issue 4), that me and M3X discussed right after he did that calc. Which is why the feat didn't go anywhere.

There's 2 potential outcomes to that feat.

1. There might be a time cut involved. In the following issue it shows Batman getting hit by an explosion, but a smaller one that blows up the desk Batman was looking at, with the room in shambles but not destroyed due to it. Then there's another explosion immediately after and he manages to escape that one and the explosion lights up and blows out the top of the building. That panel might be showing the big second blast first as a cliffhanger, before revealing the actual order of events the next issue (Owl stuff blows up>Batman gets launched>Big boom goes off>Batman outpaces it, gets caught in it for a panel, before using a a laser beam to cut out the wall and leap out before the explosion blows off the top of the building), if so, that is something Batman didn't take. Or well, looking at it, he actually does seem to be engulfed by it for a single panel while trying to outpace it, but he's quite a bit further away at that point, a good few meters so it might only be 9-A. (Might be a good movement speed feat in there, and might still be an upgrade either way tho).

or 2. If that is indeed the first blast Batman took, you'd need to lower the bar values because while things where broken, the walls, and anything sturdy was still intact, not blown out completely and destroyed, and it's the second blast that actually leveled the building's top.

That could work, but I hate to be the bearer of bad news, again, but there's a few unfortunate caveats that are revealed at the start of the following issue (Batman 2011 issue 4), that me and M3X discussed right after he did that calc. Which is why the feat didn't go anywhere.

There's 2 potential outcomes to that feat.

1. There might be a time cut involved. In the following issue it shows Batman getting hit by an explosion, but a smaller one that blows up the desk Batman was looking at, with the room in shambles but not destroyed due to it. Then there's another explosion immediately after and he manages to escape that one and the explosion lights up and blows out the top of the building. That panel might be showing the big second blast first as a cliffhanger, before revealing the actual order of events the next issue (Owl stuff blows up>Batman gets launched>Big boom goes off>Batman outpaces it, gets caught in it for a panel, before using a a laser beam to cut out the wall and leap out before the explosion blows off the top of the building), if so, that is something Batman didn't take. Or well, looking at it, he actually does seem to be engulfed by it for a single panel while trying to outpace it, but he's quite a bit further away at that point, a good few meters so it might only be 9-A. (Might be a good movement speed feat in there, and might still be an upgrade either way tho).

or 2. If that is indeed the first blast Batman took, you'd need to lower the bar values because while things where broken, the walls, and anything sturdy was still intact, not blown out completely and destroyed, and it's the second blast that actually leveled the building's top.
WELL ****

WELL ****
That was my response to when I read it. You could still inverse square law the big explosion, but he's like, mid run out of the room when he's briefly caught.

If it's only one explosion that's unironically worst, because that means he wasn't hit by anything.

But in the issue we see explosion 1, it launches Batman back and lights up the room, destroying the desk. Then a big explosion goes off (the explosion that blows out the building) and Batman escapes it, as we see in the very page you just posted.

Tripwire>Desk explodes>The things around Batman begin exploding>Batman starts running>big explosion starts>Batman gets briefly caught in it but he uses the beam to slice out the wall and jump out the building>the explosion blows out the top of the building.

If it's only one explosion that's unironically worst, because that means he wasn't hit by anything
He was definitely hit.

But in the issue we see explosion 1, it launches Batman back and lights up the room, destroying the desk. Then a big explosion goes off (the explosion that blows out the building) and Batm
Thing is, I checked the scan and a second explosion isn't shown or stated. What we see seems to be part of the original explosion. Batman also only referenced a single explosion as I showed earlier.

Yeah, but hit by an explosion that destroyed a desk and literally that was it, that's what I'm saying, the big huge **** off explosion came after that.
We blatantly see this transpire on panel. And even if that was a huge explosion (It wasn't), you'd have to replace the bars down to like 1psi because it failed to shatter even glass in that same room.

Batman trips a wire, the desk in front of him explodes in his face (The scan you showed), immediately afterwards a bunch of explosions start going off (we see the furniture around the room start exploding), Batman gets up and begins to haul his ass out of the room as a huge explosion has initiated. He outpaces it for the most part but gets briefly engulfed before shattering a tube with Talon in it and slicing out the wall, jump through it. Then the explosion catches up and explodes out of the hole, destroying it, as well as the top of the building. The huge building blast blatantly happens after the fact and he escapes it.

We're not just shown a second explosion, we're shown like ten.

102.1717^3*((27136*0.0689476+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2= 60.95037294686636 tons of TNT.

I= 60.95037294686636/113.097335529= 0.5389196187671255 tons of TNT

So even using 1 psi, it's still a solid 8-C feat.

102.1717^3*((27136*0.0689476+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2= 60.95037294686636 tons of TNT.

I= 60.95037294686636/113.097335529= 0.5389196187671255 tons of TNT

So even using 1 psi, it's still a solid 8-C feat.
1 psi is way too low, won't even shatter windows. 6 psi is the sweet spot here if it doesn't punch through reinforced concrete (Which I severely doubt given the size of the explosion).

My lad, you missed the point.
The initial explosion isn't the explosion we see blow off the top of the building.
It would still be 8-C, only if it was that large, it wasn't, it doesn't even extend beyond Batman, who's only launched like 3 meters, aka the initial blast was only a few meters wide.
The huge explosion that takes off the top of the building we see isn't what he gets blasted by initially, (and you wouldn't use 1psi for that, it's actually fine as it is because it destroyed the top and blasted out the concrete and foundation). If you want to inverse square law Batman's durability off that blast, you'd need to use this panel.
And figure out how far away Batman was from the wall (where the blast came from).

Fortunately, there IS a way to do it, but it's annoying.
In the wide shot we see the Talon test tube by a wall, you'd get the distance from that test tube to the center wall. In a following panel he gets engulfed we can see Talon. You'd angsize the distance from Batman to the Talon.
Then you'd subtract that distance from the wall to Talon, and that'd be the distance Batman was, you'd then do that formula and voila.
I think anyway, Batman was coming from in front of it, not the side so the angle would be different and he'd actually be further (In which case you'd take the tube distance and then ADD that extra distance?).

Well, eyeballing it he can't be any further than like 7-8m.

Then yeah, it's definitely 8-C. Even taking a lower value gave 8-C.
You didn't factor in the distance he actually was.
The initial blast is not the big blast that destroys the building. They're two different things, swapping PSI values for the big blast with what the little blast did doesn't work because they're just not the same size to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back