• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBZ Tiering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
It has come to my attention that there doesn't seem to be any justification for the Tier 4 stats of the verse except for Cell's 4-B feat.

I am aware that Frieza has a High 5-A feat but I heard nothing about Tier 4 feats in the verse.

In fact, Frieza's Low 4-C, 4-C and High 4-C ratings do not have any explanation, and the others who are High 4-C seems to scale to Android 17, who is High 4-C for being superior to Frieza, with no statements about which form.

I'd like anyone familiar with the verse to explain to me where do such ratings comes from, if possible.

My guess is since android saga characters are superior to Frieza but weaker than Cell we just closed the gap ourselves.

It's because star is such a small tier. Saikou, I get where you're coming from. I really do, but that's the reasoning.

Pretty sure we don't do that @Cal. No matter how small we rarely even jump a tier based on simply "Stronger than". Even then, we have some 50x gaps in Tier 4 so I don't see why this would be a thing here more than elsewhere.

Well this would also give a pretty bad example to new members if we have our DB profiles having new rating out of simple powerscaling when we generally do not accept that.

The real cal howard said:
I think it should be changed. We make a ton of exceptions for DB as it is.
tbh DB doesn't get treatment like other verses at times. Each feat is heavily questioned to be Travel or combat speed when we have not seen them fight across the universe when other verse get away with that just fine.. I believe there was a thread for frieza's current tiering.

IIRC Frieza's feat was only calc'd at Dwarf Star to Small Star, and its somewhere on T5. Not sure where the High 4-C stuff comes from.

Also, him having a powerlevel of 240 times more than his first form is silly because we don't use powerlevels here. Nor have we ever.

Also, him having a powerlevel of 240 times more than his first form is silly because we don't use powerlevels here. Nor have we ever.
Very True.

Seriously how many times are we going to revise these stats, though i agree with what is being said here that even if characters are stronger than others we don't just jump them up a tier up.

Also the only thing we have to gauge how strong freeza is that at 50% in his final form he took a kaiokenx20 kamehameha from goku who was stronger than his base. So final form freeza is at least 20x stronger than his first form.

For reference, that was the Kaio-Crap line from the DBZA, right? A.K.A, after the Vegeta pep-talk in the real version

I don't really get the power climb from 1st form to 100% final form going from Dwarf Star all the way to Large Star. But that's just me.

I'm not so sure if reaching into Large Star would be appropriate. However the DB characters should still be in Tier 4 at this point IMO.

Like Celestial said, Frieza was able to take KKx20 Goku, who is stronger than his base.

Frieza would only need a 1.7x boost to reach Low 4-C. And at supposedly 50% full power he can take on someone who is at least 20x his base.

Kinda with Ryu. I have no doubt that DB should have quite a few tier 4 characters between Mecha Friza and Super Perfect Cell. Like the Ascended Super Saiyans, Kamicollo, and Semi/Perfect Cell. Heck, the Teendrioids could get tier 4 too. But I'm very positive that the tiering is off.

Kav was the one that suggested those stats

Also, Cell's Blog explain how power levels worl more like "exponential"

Not saying that we should used that way, but that's the point, Frieza was around 120000000 at 100% IIRC

And his base was 530000

With a difference of 226.415094 times, Frieza could reach the Star level stats

About the High 4-C, it because Cell is 4-B in his SP Form and his Perfect Form was the half of it (Considering that he was around FPSS Goku and Gohan, and Gohan matched him in SSJ2)

I personally have problems with 4-B Cell anyway, but they are incredibly minuscule. However, I highly, highly doubt that PL's are exponential. Vegeta said it best. Power levels are bulls***.

The stats feel off though we don't use power levels so freeza shouldn't reach high 4-C he should be low 4-C because of the fact he could take a 20xkioken from goku at 50% of his power as ryu pointed out he would only need to be 1.7 stronger to reach low 4-C.

Upwards is where it's off cell is definitely 4-B but i don't remember the fpss sayians being on the same level of cell, after his fight with goku and against ssj2 gohan cell proceeded to power up so he was holding back his power the whole time, it's spc that's 4-B not perfect cell so we can't scale there anyway, again don't remember spc being stated to be a certain amount of times above perfect cell.

The only reason we have SPC as 2X PC is because Gohan scaling who was supposed to be 2X normal SSJ. But again, we don't use multipliers. He's an untold amount stronger to go from getting stomped by a weaker form to matching and surpassing a stronger form.

I personally have problems with 4-B Cell anyway, but they are incredibly minuscule. However, I highly, highly doubt that PL's are exponential. Vegeta said it best. Power levels are bulls***.
Well, if not, just imagine the power of a farmer with a shotgun

mmm... not sure why is perfect form Cell half powerful than SP Cell, perfect Cell was stomped by Gohan SSJ2, and, personally, I think that Gohan SSJ2 at most equal to SP Cell. Yeah, most likely PL work potentially, otherwise Golden Frieza would be 4-B, and Broly SSJL= 4xCooler final form

I somewhat second Cal, only change Bull**** to super bull****, although not for the (likely) same reasons.

The power levels are like trying to graph a group of outputs using several different parent functions that are too inconsistent.

Basically what could 10,000 could be 33% weaker than 15,000, but something entirely else when compared to 16,000.

However, I would like to point out something that is really being ignored here.

When Frieza said he said 50%, he was referring to 50% of his fourth form, something also elaborated in the daizenshuu. And if we go accordingly (lowballing here tho) to this, it would mean base Goku is 2.5% of the 4th form, who was leagues above even Piccolo (who matched the second form, but was distraught by the third form (who mind you, is still far below that of the fourth form).

So the current stats should be at the currently most accurate positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back