• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBZ Speed CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AKM sama
Prove that the synopsis is "non canon" and unusable, it is technically what is considered secondary canon like Daizenshuu, interviews with author etc. It is an official statement just as valid as Daizenshuu or v-jump, which we use. Your literally ignoring an official statement that is never contradicted in favor of your opinion that it might be misinterpreted.

You are using double standards since you are using Frieza's power level as the basis for him being above kkx2 Goku, then randomly trying to say it doesn't apply to any other kaioken version, which is illogical and double standards. Can you show me where Frieza's base form is stated to be faster than Kaioken x2 Goku specifically? If not your using double standards. My argument is based on fact and outright stated or shown KK multipliers, no opinions.

Last edited:
Yes, that's what i'm asking, he isn't 1.25x swifter because of stomping him, he is 1.25x swifter because he is 50x faster than base while frieza is only 40x.

I'm asking if the 50x multiplier has been accepted for speed.
Yeah, it was accepted for speed as well.

And yeah, your first point was exactly what I was trying to convey.

I'm waiting for @AKM sama to respond.

But I don't see how it can be proven the official Shonen Jump synopsis of a 10x boost in speed and power is inconsistent with the manga, and it is as viable as Daizenshuu which the wiki accepts for multiple justifications as long as its not contradictory.

Nor could I find a statement that first form Frieza is faster than KKx2 Goku specifically, so I don't think it can be argued that Frieza is above KKx2 Goku without applying the same superior power level justification that was stated to KKx4 or x10 Goku, both of which we know Goku could do from actually doing x4 earlier, and outright stating he could do x10 without any contradiction, and actually performing it later against Frieza with ease.

BTW, y'all do remember that this is also going to affect Toeiverse DBZ as well until at least we reach the point where Frieza Saga MFTL+ SSJ1 Goku happens, right?

I don't like these numbers, but there are some lore feats to support this. Buu, for example, destroyed hundreds of planets in just a few years, despite not having any teleportation abilities at that point. He'd at least have to race around these areas of space while also taking his time (probably days, depending on Fat Buu or Kid Buu) to devastate planets, rather than outright destroy them.
Don't they have FTL spaceships he could use / Bibidi could transport him in?

Yes. I already admitted that the feat probably isn't viable due to that very reason.

What about the increased PL of over 8??? to 90,000 in base? That's a 10x increased in speed.
We don't use power levels like that.

Prove that the synopsis is "non canon" and unusable
Burden is on you. Prove that it came from the author. V-jump is not canon to the manga, neither it is a guide, neither is there proof that the 10x increase you are talking about came from Toriyama.

Nor could I find a statement that first form Frieza is faster than KKx2 Goku specifically
He is because his power level is greater than Goku's highest recorded power level. What you are arguing is Goku's hypothetical power level, not stated. We don't use hypothetical power levels like that, as stated above. Although, I don't have a major problem with the point about kaioken x4.

@AKM sama

There is an issue here my man. The 10x multiplier is stated in the official shonen jump synopsis very clearly, and it is consistent with the manga to so inconsistency is not a good argument (I know you didn't make that argument but others might). Your claiming "its non canon" thus it can't be used. This is not fully accurate. It falls under the category of secondary canon like an official guide or interview. We use guides as reasoning for the size of the DB universe, using the map which is also secondary canon, even your own Whis speed calc relies on the map of the Universe from a guide. We also use guides as part of the reasoning for why Cell is a Solar system buster. We have used guide and interview statements on various other justifications in DB and outside of DB as well, all of which are secondary canon just like the synopsis. So it is complete double standards to throw away the synopsis, which is consistent with the manga and directly refers to the manga, and I feel it should be accepted unless there is some other justification you have that makes it incompatible with the story.

Now as for the KKx2 multiplier, we know Goku can use KKx4 since he does, and for your reasoning on using KKx2 you stated it was because Frieza's PL is superior as to why he would scale above that. The exact same logic can be applied to x4 which we know he can use as he did before, so I am glad to hear you are OK with using KKx4 as you said above. Even though I vehemently believe that Goku stating he can use KKx10 at that point, and using it easily vs Freiza is sufficient proof that he can, and thus it should scale, I would agree to using x4 instead of KKx10, because to be fair he doesn't actually use KKx10 until the Frieza fight, so it is only highly likely he can.

So I propose the best scaling for this would be as follows

Goku/Piccolo (Beginning of Z) = 0.745c

Raditz/Saibaman = >0.745c

Piccolo/Tien/Yamcha/Krillin/Chaiotzu/Gohan/Yajirobe (Saiyan Saga) = >0.745c

Nappa = >0.745c

Goku (Saiyan Saga) = >0.745c

Kaioken x2: = >1.49c

Kaioken x3 = >2.235c

Kaioken x4 = >2.98c

Vegeta (Saiyan Saga) = >1.49c

Zarbon/Dodoria/Cui = >1.49c

Recoome/Burter/Jeice = >2.98c

Goku (Namek Saga) = >7.45c

Kaioken x2 = >14.9c

Kaioken x3 = >22.35c

Kaioken x4 = >29.8c

Ginyu = >7.45c

1st Form Frieza/Vegeta (Zenkai, rested up) = >29.8c

2nd Form Frieza = >29.8c

Piccolo (Fused with Nail) = >29.8c

3rd Form Frieza = >29.8c

Vegeta (Zenkai, healed by Dende) = >29.8c

Goku (Zenkai, healed from Pod) = >29.8c

4th Form Frieza (Casual) = >29.8c

Kaioken x10 = >298c

Kaioken x20 = >596c

50% Frieza = >596c

100% Frieza = >1,192c

SSJ Goku = >1,490c

I could make a blog in the next 24 hours for this, and add notes for the reasonings of course if it is agreeable.

@AKM sama

There is an issue here my man. The 10x multiplier is stated in the official shonen jump synopsis very clearly, and it is consistent with the manga to so inconsistency is not a good argument (I know you didn't make that argument but others might). Your claiming "its non canon" thus it can't be used. This is not fully accurate. It falls under the category of secondary canon like an official guide or interview. We use guides as reasoning for the size of the DB universe, using the map which is also secondary canon, even your own Whis speed calc relies on the map of the Universe from a guide. We also use guides as part of the reasoning for why Cell is a Solar system buster. We have used guide and interview statements on various other justifications in DB and outside of DB as well, all of which are secondary canon just like the synopsis. So it is complete double standards to throw away the synopsis, which is consistent with the manga and directly refers to the manga, and I feel it should be accepted unless there is some other justification you have that makes it incompatible with the story.

Now as for the KKx2 multiplier, we know Goku can use KKx4 since he does, and for your reasoning on using KKx2 you stated it was because Frieza's PL is superior as to why he would scale above that. The exact same logic can be applied to x4 which we know he can use as he did before, so I am glad to hear you are OK with using KKx4 as you said above. Even though I vehemently believe that Goku stating he can use KKx10 at that point, and using it easily vs Freiza is sufficient proof that he can, and thus it should scale, I would agree to using x4 instead of KKx10, because to be fair he doesn't actually use KKx10 until the Frieza fight, so it is only highly likely he can.

So I propose the best scaling for this would be as follows

Nappa = >0.745c

Kaioken x3 = >2.235c

Kaioken x4 = >2.98c

Kaioken x2 = >14.9c

Kaioken x3 = >22.35c

Kaioken x4 = >29.8c

Ginyu = >7.45c

2nd Form Frieza = >29.8c

3rd Form Frieza = >29.8c

Kaioken x10 = >298c

Kaioken x20 = >596c

50% Frieza = >596c

100% Frieza = >1,192c

SSJ Goku = >1,490c

I could make a blog in the next 24 hours for this, and add notes for the reasonings of course if it is agreeable.
Would you kindly also be able to make a scaling chain for Toeiverse Goku, since this calc affects the anime as well?

We don't use power levels like that.
When power levels rises so does their speed. So, Son Goku's 10x power and speed increase from the Vegeta fight and through 100g training correlates with the official power levels that Akira Toriyama incorporated in the manga. It is also back up by Shonen Jump synopsis.

Again!

Son Goku (Saiyan Saga) Full Power Base PL over 8???

Son Goku (Post-Vegeta Fight Zenkai + 100g training) PL 90,000 KKx2 180,000

I don't remember a statement, only that Goku trained to the point where he's as comfortable on King Kai's planet as he was normally on Earth, which is still assuming so I avoided using a 10x multiplier.

A shonen jump synopsis is by shonen jump. It's considered as promotional material, not primary or secondary canon. Interviews are from Toriyama, the Daizenshuu is basically a guide which Toriyama had input in and the map was drawn by Toriyama. You bringing up some secondary sources does not make shonen jump article the same as them.

Secondly, I might be missing something here, but how is Goku (Namek saga) at 7.45c instead of 2.98c?

Oh right. The point I am arguing against. Silly me

But yeah, I don't think there is enough hard evidence to do that. Just a promotional material. So I disagree with it like I said above.

It's up to the claimants to prove their points. Finding proof that Toriyama was/wasn't involved with the summary, or that it's actually valid/invalid will go a lot further "it's canon" or "promotional material is non-canon". I still think it should be considered at least secondary canon since DB was originally published and broken into volumes by Shonen Jump itself, so what's on (or in, since there was also summaries inside) the volumes is objectively the official summary.

Expanding on the internal summaries point I brought up before, I've checked and they don't say anything about a 10x multiplier.

@AKM sama

The issue is we use guides and "promotional material" that are not made by Toriyama. For example some of the guides talking about Cells SS buster power which we reference are not made or supervised by Toriyama, yet official. Most of Daizenshuu is made by other people in fact, not Toriyama, he just says he appreciates the hard work and information in the guide, and we accept the info in it baring contradictions with the manga. Some other examples are multiple v-jump scans that could fall under promotional material being accepted as proof for various DB media to, especially the games. And the synopsis is directly attached to and talking about the manga without contradiction. It is less "promotional material" and more just an official, secondary canon summary for what the story is your buying, so it is meant to be an accurate summary.

Honestly it falls under secondary canon by definition being officially published content by the owners of the material which isn't the manga itself (Primary canon) but still directly imparts further information to it. It is not contradictory to the story, is very clear and concise, directed at manga specifically and we have used many secondary canon pieces of evidence in the past including ones not written by AT, so I don't feel that if it is not written directly by AT himself, that is sufficient reasoning to throw it away when that has never been a requirement for using secondary canon in DB in the past, just that it's consistent and official.

So unless you have further reasoning beyond "AT didn't write it himself" I feel it is clear, concise, consistent and fits within the wiki's standards and precedents for what is admissible as evidence.

Last edited:
The issue is we use guides and "promotional material" that are not made by Toriyama. For example some of the guides talking about Cells SS buster power which we reference are not made or supervised by Toriyama, yet official. Most of Daizenshuu is made by other people in fact, not Toriyama, he just says he appreciates the hard work and information in the guide, and we accept the info in it baring contradictions with the manga.
No, Cell's stuff from other sources is just there as supporting evidence, which doesn't even matter and isn't the main reason for Cell's tier. The main reason is his own statement and how it made sense with the scaling and the serious reactions from other highly experienced characters who are adept in gauging someone's power. The other stuff is just there in the blog, and I am sure you know those games and stuff aren't accepted. Daizenshuu is again a different matter since it is a guide, not a promotional material. And you were the one who brought interviews in this for some reason, that's why I had to include "AT didn't say that". What other promotional material stuff is accepted here? What is the other things in Dragon Ball that is literally only accepted because of a promotional material?

Last edited:
His PL increases over tenfold is also a supporting evidence to the shonen jump cover as well as weirdly his gravity Training increased by tenfold as well I mean we can easily deny it but its also suggesting something as a Backup support for the shonen jump Statement, I mean its most logical conclusion I See

@AKM sama

That's a flawed argument my man. It doesn't matter if its supporting evidence or not, the fact is the other guides are accepted as valid evidence for Cells claim. Thus it is acceptable to use secondary canon sources like official guides, interviews, synopsis etc. as evidence as long as its not contradictory per wiki standards and precedents.

The Daizenshuu is not primary canon either, it is secondary canon just like any other official guide, interview, or official promotional material. And AT did not write it. He didn't even get involved, just said it looked like hard work and that he appreciates it. Your acting like the synopsis was a separate commercial or something, it is not an add but a synopsis on the back of the manga itself used to inform the reader of what is in the manga, aka meant to be accurate info by the publishers and whoever overseas the writing. You could even technically call the Daizenshuu promotional material since it was made to promote the manga and anime along with provide info by people who are not AT, so the argument that Daizanshuu is usable but not the official attached manga synopsis due to one being promotional and not the other is false anyway tbf as both are promotional information in nature, and are not written by AT.

Furthermore the map that you yourself use is still secondary canon even if it is inspired by a map that AT drew. It isn't even his original map, and has been redone by somebody else with additional points and info added to it.

For another third time we used secondary canon not made by AT the justification for Fat Buu being on SSJ3 Goku's level is from a Daizenshuu statement, which is not made by AT, and is secondary canon just like the manga synopsis.

For a fourth time we use secondary canon material in DB is the site uses a statement from the TOIE webpage about Beerus being able to destroy the Universe as part of the justification for his AP, clearly a secondary canon source that is not Daizenshuu or written by AT.

As you can see the site accepts many secondary sources for DB to justify ratings as long as they are not contradictory. They are usually promotional in nature, and this synopsis statement fits perfectly within the standards and precedents set by the wiki for using secondary canon/promotional material as admissible evidence.

The Daizenshuu is not primary canon either, it is secondary canon just like any other official guide, interview
The shonen jump article is neither of those things. Daizenshuu is in fact accepted as secondary canon, and the interviews are WoG. Idk why are you bringing them up constantly when they don't have any bearing over the legitimacy of a shonen jump article.

Furthermore the map that you yourself use is still secondary canon even if it is inspired by a map that AT drew.
Still Toriyama's map that he talks about in the interview and clearly tells us that he made it, edited it and let the anime team use it. This is not related to the issue either.

For another third time we used secondary canon not made by AT the justification for Fat Buu being on SSJ3 Goku's level is from a Daizenshuu statement, which is not made by AT, and is secondary canon just like the manga synopsis.
Again, Daizenshuu is accepted as secondary canon. Daizenshuu is not shonen jump article.

For a fourth time we use secondary canon material in DB is the site uses a statement from the TOIE webpage about Beerus being able to destroy the Universe
Only because it is literally in the anime. We don't need to use it and wouldn't if it were in Toei's website only without any proof in the anime.

As you can see the site accepts many secondary sources for DB to justify ratings
And my main issue is that since when does the site accept shonen jump article as canon? The rest of the above does not matter. What matters is whether the shonen jump articles are accepted as secondary canon or not and whether it's word can be taken as legit irrespective of the information being there in the manga or not. I've been saying this forever but you keep bringing up irrelevant points.

As I've said, if you ask me, I won't take a statement from a shonen jump article alone as a primary evidence to make any scaling like what is being proposed, since I don't consider the evidence sufficient enough. It has to be there in the manga in some form for it to be reliable, not shonen jump.

Last edited:
The Shonen jump synopsis is in fact secondary canon per most accepted definitions. Any official content published by the owners of the work directed at the primary canon is considered secondary canon. It is just as valid as any guide. You saying that it isn't even secondary canon is wrong imo. Tell me the exact properties that have been agreed upon by the wiki which make guides admissible and a higher canon than an official synopsis, which seems to be arbitrarily being touted as non admissible by you. BTW both are promotional material for the show and manga, so the argument that one is and the other is not isn't valid.

Will address the other points after this is.

Well, you don't need to touch up on the other points because those are not relevant and I won't really argue them anymore. As far as the main issue is concerned, I've stated my opinion here:

I won't take a statement from a shonen jump article alone as a primary evidence to make any scaling like what is being proposed, since I don't consider the evidence sufficient enough. It has to be there in the manga in some form for it to be reliable, not shonen jump.

I leave it to the others to decide what should be done about that. As we'll just keep going back and forth on this.

And to touch up on a couple points that were brought up, Goku's power level going from 8k to 90k is proof of literally nothing since power levels aren't used linearly like that due to their inconsistency. Neither is Goku training in 100x gravity since there is no one-to-one relation between the amount of gravity and strength/speed increase and by that logic, Android saga Vegeta is only 3-4 times stronger than Namek saga Goku.

Last edited:
@AKM sama

Fair enough, you are of course welcome to your opinion that we shouldn't use secondary canon material as primary evidence, even if it is consistent.

However the wiki already does use multiple Daizenshuu statements, v-jump statements, website statements etc for their reasoning. Most of which are not written by AT. Sometimes they are used as the primary evidence and sometimes as supporting evidence, but it is accepted as admissible all the same. So the precedent is already set that it is acceptable to use secondary canon sources like guides, interviews, synopsis, v-jump scans etc. and I don't see a reasonable reason to ignore the synopsis from Shonen Jump personally, as its officially published, consistent, specific, and attached to the manga volume itself as an accurate description of events. It also fits with the wiki's standards and precedents as admissible from what I see. Just seems arbitrary and like double standards to throw it way without specific reasoning as to why it doesn't work with the story.

But that's my take on it at least, the rest of the scale seems accepted by pretty much everybody from what I am seeing.

@AKM sama

Fair enough, you are of course welcome to your opinion that we shouldn't use secondary canon material as primary evidence, even if it is consistent.

However the wiki already does use multiple Daizenshuu statements, v-jump statements, website statements etc for their reasoning. Most of which are not written by AT. Sometimes they are used as the primary evidence and sometimes as supporting evidence, but it is accepted as admissible all the same. So the precedent is already set that it is acceptable to use secondary canon sources like guides, interviews, synopsis, v-jump scans etc. and I don't see a reasonable reason to ignore the synopsis from Shonen Jump personally, as its officially published, consistent, specific, and attached to the manga volume itself as an accurate description of events. It also fits with the wiki's standards and precedents as admissible from what I see. Just seems arbitrary and like double standards to throw it way without specific reasoning as to why it doesn't work with the story.

But that's my take on it at least, the rest of the scale seems accepted by pretty much everybody from what I am seeing.
At the very least he'll include the Kaioken x4 thing for Namek Saga Goku, wonder what the scale will look like now

Nappa = >0.745c

Kaioken x3 = >2.235c

Kaioken x4 = >2.98c

Kaioken x2 = >14.9c

Kaioken x3 = >22.35c

Kaioken x4 = >29.8c

Ginyu = >7.45c

2nd Form Frieza = >29.8c

3rd Form Frieza = >29.8c

Kaioken x10 = >298c

Kaioken x20 = >596c

50% Frieza = >596c

100% Frieza = >1,192c

SSJ Goku = >1,490c

I think this scaling works consistently better than other scalings I saw

For the way our scaling currently works, I think it’s fine.

On another note, I think we should continue to discuss that guide either here or in another thread.

Edit: I removed that last section.

I agree, I think it should go

BoZ Base Goku = 0.745c

Base Goku (Saiyan Saga) = at least 0.745c

Kaioken x2 = at least 1.49c

Kaioken x3 = at least 2.235c

Kaioken x4 = at least 2.98c

Base Goku (Namek Saga) = at least 2.98c (Due to being above Saiyan Saga Kaioken x4 Goku)

Kaioken x2 (against Ginyu) = at least 5.96c (stated power level of 180,000)

Kaioken x3 = at least 8.94c

Kaioken x4 = at least 11.92c (Would have a power level of 360,000)

As AKM has stated, 1st Form Frieza’s official power level is 530,000, which would still be a good deal above Namek Saga Goku even with Kaioken x4

First form Frieza = at least 11.92c (scales to those who scale to un-suppressed first form Frieza and his later forms)

Base Goku (Post Zenkai, against Frieza) = at least 11.92c

Kaioken x20 = 50% Frieza = at least 238.4c

100% Frieza = at least 476.8c

SSJ Goku = at least 596c

Even if you ignore Namek Saga Goku being able to use Kaioken x10, you should include up to x4 at least since he had actually used it previously
I think this should be the speed and then SSJRyu's as likely 1,490x c. This would be the best way to handle it imo.

Basically we just need to either decide to use the consistent 10x speed multiplier, as stated in the official Shonen Jump synopsis, or decide to ignore it. This would fall under secondary canon, like Daizenshuu, other guides, interviews etc. We have used these multiple times from multiple sources in the past for DB and other verses, for both supporting evidence and as the sole piece of evidence, so I feel it falls within the set precedents and standards on the wiki. The rest is agreed upon as reasonable by all iirc.

My recommendation is still as follows.

Nappa = >0.745c

Kaioken x3 = >2.235c

Kaioken x4 = >2.98c