• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS Revisions/Discussion

Golden_Void

VS Battles
Retired
Goku: Should we update/add to his AP justifications?

Wow, there's a lot :^)

For starters, thisisthebasisfor Post-Jiren Goku's newfound power.

Currently, Goku is still not at 100% from his fight with Jiren. While he was much weaker than he was currently, he was able to fight with SS2 Caulifla in base. Despite his skills being what set the two apart, Goku still needed the speed and power to not be demolished by her, regardless of technique. As proof of this, he successfully used the afterimage technique on Caulifla, which is moving so fast that the user is FTE, seemingly leaving copies of him/herself.

When Goku became SS2 in Ep 113, he was still holding back, as he went all out SS2 in Ep 114. In 113, he was able to fight on parwith Caulifla and SSJ Kale, with the main problem being their coordination. In fact, Caulifla and Kale's ki blasts were stopped by SS2 Goku's kialone, while he was transforming into a SS3. Caulifla find SS3 Goku's ki to be remarkable.

In Ep 114, the feats get better. Kale goes beserk, but then shechanges. As stated by the bench warmers, Kale is in control and is no longer beserk, plusshe got drastically more powerful. Goku, still not at 100% and still not using his full power, is still able to fight with them (Caulifla basically admits she loses to him in a 1v1), with Goku putting a ki ball in Kale's stomachas a counter to her pushing him back, which gets knocked away by Kale. Goku finally uses his full SS2 power, only to be restrained by Kale, and used as a punching bag by Caulifla, though Goku eventually escapes and puts Kale on her back, then transforms into SSG.

Goku effortlessly blocksboth of their attacks. Caulifla immediately becomes a nuisance, as Goku is stomping her and swatting her away like a fly, because Kale is more of a fight. Caulifla gets triggered and sets Goku up for Kale's ki blast which she puts effort into, but this doesnothingto Goku, which shocks both of the girls. They both attempt to attack him from the sides with ki blast, but Goku almost casually bursts through their ki blasts with his own, basically incapacitating Caulifla, and visibly straining Kaleas she tries to deflect it. He was also confident that he would finish them off with a kamehameha, that is, until they fused.

Herethe kaioshiandKrillidiscuss Goku becoming a SSG, who is still recovering. Herms's summarybasically states the same.

Power Scaling
Seems pretty simple. First and foremost, Goku isn't freshat any point here, while Caulifla and Kale are. That said, base Goku is comparable to SS2 Caulifla. SS2 Goku should be higher than SS2 Caulifla, and SS3 is higher, without question. SS2 Goku is also comparable to SSJ Kale, and is on some level, comparable to Controlled LSSJ Kale. SS3 Goku should be above SSJ Kale as well.

LSSJ Kale completely ragdolled SSB Goku Pre-Jiren, and ate his KHH point blank, so this means current weakened SSG Goku > Pre-Jiren SSB Goku. An argument can be made that Kale is probably not SSB level, but considering everyone's reactions whenever she rages, I don't think that's the case.

However, given the new formulafor potara fusion, it makes no sense that Kafla is anywhere near SSG. It really makes less sense when you realize Goku's base > Kale's + Caulifla's. At the same time, considering Goku absorbed the power of SSG back in the BoG arc, we have no clue how much stronger any of the god multipliers make Goku.

With 116, SSB Goku at full power is likely <= SSJ Kefla, as Whis stated her power rivaled that of the spirit bomb, which Goku resisted to achieve UI the first time. Also with 116, Previous UI < Current.

Possible New Abilities
Reactive Evolution (At least for Caulifla and Goku)- In the tournament time, Goku has been fighting while waiting to get back to full power for a minute. I'm not sure how one recovers while doing the very thing that made them weakened, but oh well.

Caulifa quickly closing the gapbetween her and Goku's skillset. Gets strongeras she fights. Goku also becomes more powerful the more he fights.

It aligns with the saiyan physiology, with saiyans getting stronger every time they fight, and becoming even stronger after healing from a beating.

Misc
Kale Beserker name change?

Most of these are assumption, Super also tends to vary the scaling from episode, so no need to change justifications as it would made things more messy than currently, also Beerus referred Kale as Berserk in the latest episode and no links to non-canon movies.

I think Spirit Ball should be added to Goku's "Notable attacks/techniques", along with finger beams and leg ki blasts. I thought they were pretty cool.

Also, the way Caulifla was able to predict where Goku was going to teleport was....cool but kind of an asspull....

AKM sama said:
I think Spirit Ball should be added to Goku's "Notable attacks/techniques", along with finger beams and leg ki blasts. I thought they were pretty cool.

Also, the way Caulifla was able to predict where Goku was going to teleport was....cool but kind of an asspull....
Frieza literally did the same with the Yardratt after seen him using it against gohan.

Goku was not fighting Kale in 100% before and Caulifla did not fight with everything against Goku afterwards, simple

@Dark

How is any of what I said an assumption? It's visually explained by the episode itself. Broly was stated to go berserk too, yet we don't call his transformation berserker. Plus Goku said she's a legendary super saiyan, and I'm pretty sure Vegeta said something along the lines of Kale's power being the true form of a saiyan.

Kale Berserker doesn't need a name change, it was just called a Legendary Super Saiyan in the preview. The official name is Berserker Rage.

In that case, we should make the necessary name changes when possible. I guess that leaves the rest then.

LordAizenSama said:
I don't know about tier changes but I'd suggest trying to cut down on the filler explanations to gokus ap.
This. So much this.

We don't need so many pointless sentences just saying "he's gotten stronger since X by doing Y".

I don't think that's Reactive Evolution, the whole thing sounds more like adaptability.

Attack Potency: Universe level (He and Beerus' clash threatened the universemultiple times. Eventually, Goku absorbed the power of SSG, and surpassed it. Able to disperse the energycreated by the fusion of his and Beerus's attacks in base form, especially when the latter increased its size multiple times. Attained Super Saiyan Blue. He combined kaioken with SSB, which doubles his power, against Fusion Zamasu, Bergamo, Gohan and Hit, though he used Kaioken x10 on the latter, multiplying his power by 10, not needing it in their second fight. He also defeated Copy Vegeta, stalemated Golden Frieza, overwhelmed Frost, and trashed Toppo after he became SSB. Used SSB + Kaioken x20 on Jiren, though Jiren was unphased. Brokepasthislimitsby resisting his spirit bomb, allowing him to fight both SSJ2 Caulifla and True LSSJ Kale as a mere SSJ2 and SSJ3, while being leagues beyond them as a Super Saiyan God, all while he was still recovering from his fight with Jiren. Universe level+ in Ultra Instinct (Fought and matched Jire during their battle, even managing to hurt him. The Ultra Instinct is a state of power that not even the Gods of Destruction can easily attain. Shook the entire World of Void, which is described as being infinite in size, with his Ki alone)

Massively FTL+ (Could keep up with Beerus, when the latter was holding back, kept up with Hit in normal SSB, who adapted to Goku using SSB + Kaioken x10, reacted to Dyspo (who was too fast for Zeno and Champa to see) and read his movements using SSG and SSB, fought Jiren using SSB + Kaioken x20, created afterimages while fighting SSJ2 Caulifla), Massively FTL+ in Ultra Instinct (Attacked Jiren before Toppo and Dyspo realized what had happened)

| Dragon Ball Super

@Aizen @Ever

My suggested updates for Goku's key (Especially since Goku walking past Toppo's attacks as a reason for MFTL+ speed always seemed a little odd to me).

@Kami

Adaptation would be Caulifla closing the gap in skill between her and Goku, which she already has. Adaptation balances what you have to work with to accomplish a goal. Feeling power "bubbling up" inside of themselves as they fight is reactive evolution as they are growing in strength.

@Unite didn't see your comment there for some reason, limited reactive evolution I think works in that case.

The next issue is deciding whether or not it applies to Goku and Caulifla, or if it's part of the Saiyan genes.

I feel like the main issue with stuff like this and Hit's Pure Progress are that we don't have a power page for characters who can adapt to higher power, just abilities/environments.

I felt like naming it "Adaptive Power Level" based on the Superpower wiki page (Say what you want it IS a nice name), but before we make it in general I feel we should get more examples of it.

That works.

Theoretically, couldn't "gets stronger once critically damaged" work under this definition (Although a limited variation)? If so, I think Lucario (From Smash, if we ever make a profile for him) or any random magical girl from PMMM could work as another example.

"I'm fighting while waiting to recover"

Can somebody explain how this works? Doesn't one need rest to recover? How does one recover by doing the same thing that put him in that state in the first place lol

Goku's probably not going 100% in his forms, that way he doesn't need to use that much energy and thus recovers quickly.

Saiyans already get stronger by being heavily damaged though. It would be adaptive power level, because it's only been shown to work when two fighters in a relatively safe range of power fight each other. In other words it won't take effect in a stomp match.

Also Goku did state he was going full power as a SS2, but he was still recovering evidenced by Shin's statement, so perhaps it means he's going full power while still being limited by his current state.

What does "adaptive power level" mean again?

Essentially, the user adapts to a power / stat gap as the fight goes on, making a fight more equal.

And that would be for Hit, Black and Caulifla, right?

And how is that different from adaptation, which we currently use?

Adaptation only gives a character the ability to balance the resources of its current body, not to, for example, grow more durable or powerful.

Yeah, that seems a fine ability to add then.

AKM sama said:
Since this thread is related, would you all clear this issue as well?
https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1080505#21
Also, since there are many staff members here, can you all decide which characters should get resistances here and what exactly should Rebrianne's attack classify as, and make changes whenever you upgrade the profiles accordingly.

Should Garou have this? From the last chapter we see he was adapting to Genos and he was even able to copy the fighting style that Dog dude used against him when he stomped the living **** out of Garou.

If it was by copying fighting style it seems more like adaption or an intelligence feat rather than the ability.

Well, Cauli was adapting to Goku's fighting style since she kinda already had the power to deal with him, but not the combat skill to keep up.(at least weakend him)

Not really, Goku was capable of fighting her in base form, once she started adapting he needed a massive power boost (SSJ2).

Now that I think about it, whats up with that? That's a big jump.

Back