• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS: Android 17 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Matt in every single point possible, and have expressed this countless times in the thread.

I request the return of Anilaza and 17 to At least 3-A based on the results of this recent CRT, which was null-and-voided in the latest, fire-consumed thread.

I am ambivalent about a Low 2-C upgrade. If anything, I would support a Possibly Low 2-C. But no more than that.

(I was informed that I could speak here)

I personally do not mind At least 3-A for Anilaza.

No. 3-As can fight Low 2-Cs in DB. Frieza got a clean hit off Jiren as well in his base form yet obviously doesn't scale to Low 2-C.

Jiren treated the remaining four like ragdolls. Constantly knocks Goku and Vegeta out of their transformed states so I don't see it.

However, for no. 17. 3-A, higher with full powered barriers should suffice (or suicide attack).

Anilaza was able to contend with a SSJB Goku who had undergone fighting Kefla, and had broken his limits twice. He was shown to struggle against Anilaza and may have lost the last beam struggle (where he was struggling along with 5 others) until 17 helped out. This was actually considered a safe end, as others in that thread, including staff, put up at least a semi-compelling argument for Low 2-C.

And I think At least 3-A makes far more sense than making a justification for finite/infinite as far as DB is concerned. It's a safer end than making a confusing exception.

Freeza did nothing to Jiren, that's the difference. He did not make Jiren struggle at all.

At least 3-A for Anilaza should've never got removed. It's fine.

The argument for Low 2-C was hardly compelling. Anilaza actually had trouble with several 3-As who weren't anywhere near Low 2-C. He even got overwhelmed for a moment. That isn't the mark of a "Possibly Low 2-C", let alone straight up Low 2-C.

Maybeee "At least 3-A" is fine. But literally nothing further. Feats > Powerscaling.

3-A. Higher can be fine. I still disagree with At least 3-A Anilaza who only has 3-A feats, and Low 2-C 17 is even worse.

I disagree with "at least 3-A", but I'm willing to play a bit of Devil's Advocate as long as the arguments are passable.

I said, "semi-compelling," lol

But anyway, I only support the previous ratings being readded. Anilaza doesn't scale to 17, it scales to Goku, who even when combining forces with 5 others, was being pushed back at full powered SSJB after breaking his limits twice. That's at least enough for an At least 3-A, which is what was agreed on before. If Goku wasn't part of the equation, I would agree with Matt.

Semi-compelling implies it's something that can be debated without getting dismissed after several posts and arguments.

.-.

Why feel the need to nitpick me and stuff?

(Also, non-staff people. I was the only one allowed to speak in here, as referenced in the preceding thread)

@Matt

Goku wasn't 3-A as an SSJB then though, he was Low 2-C by that point. Remember, Vegeta and Goku fight Jiren right after Anilaza's defeat.

Are we going to start debating Goku's tiering now? I'm not suggesting Anilaza be Low 2-C. At least 3-A is 3-A, it just takes into account the high-end. "At least," and "Possibly/likely higher" are never considered to make one character above another.

He. Isn't Low 2-C.

Nor At least 3-A.

At least 3-A is basically acknolowing that a character has higher feats but we're iffy.

Anilaza has none. End of story.

The logic you are using upgrades Anilaza to Low 2-C all the same. You don't need to flat-out suggest it for us to notice the actual implications behind it.

???

Implications? There's literally no bias on my behalf.

It's taking into account him being able to push back a presumably full powered SSJB Goku who had broken his limits twice along with 4 3-A's.

Or else we're debating Goku's tiering, which was even more largely agreed upon.

I would appreciate if everybody make an effort to remain polite to and patient with each other. Look at what happened to the previous thread.

You did so in the span of a moment, though, regarding a heated debate. It should preferrably at least have been the topic of a CRT.

I didn't suggest you were being biased. I said the actual implications behind your logic would absolutely end up in Low 2-C Anilaza. A basic analysis of it reveals this.

Anilaza actually pushing back Low 2-C Goku, then having trouble with 4 3-As, some of which were baseline, is pretty revealing.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I love how everyone ignores the "Staff Only" warning.
That's why I always put "Staff Only" in parantheses of the thread title.

But you could argue, extrapolating from that, that because DB doesn't treat 3-A and Low 2-C as infinite, that it was Goku who was doing most of the "heavy lifting," which would seem to make sense. I don't agree with Low 2-C, I said that in the other thread. However I do think that At least 3-A covers all potentialities that arise.

@Aeyu

I agree, but the thing is "At least", like Matt said" is only used when the character has higher feats that are a bit iffy or inconclusive. But enough to be considered. That's just "At least", "Likely <insert tier>" isn't even involved.

You don't agree with it, but you still keep mentioning examples that would make Anilaza Low 2-C.

Anilaza pushed SSJB Goku back. This is something that happened, and trying to pass it off as an "At least 3-A" feat is an attempt to hide the outlier.

Now, take the obvious outlier out. What makes him "At least 3-A"?

Why is it an "obvious," outlier? He has no real other feats. And @Sera I literally have not been suggesting anything except basically saying with that "3-A is the low end, but it potentially could be higher, however we're gonna take the safe end!" which is what that tiering means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back