• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dazai Osamu vs Badass Takemichi Varient

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't dura neg him, Otherwise he wouldn't be able to regenerate, And i would have placed dura neg
Why does he talk about no one being able to harm Lovecraft from the outside then? Also, it doesn't have to be dura neg. Lovecraft's insides kinda work like pressure points from what i understood so simply damaging it from the inside basically require less energy to damage him.

Why does he talk about no one being able to harm Lovecraft from the outside then? Also, it doesn't have to be dura neg. Lovecraft's insides kinda work like pressure points from what i understood so simply damaging it from the inside basically require less energy to damage him.
It was talked about in the thread i made regarding Dazai's big update thread

More or less that, the feat was proposed as a 7-C but because of what you said the idea was rethought and was given a Far Higher instead, but we have as a minimum that the tier can be between 8-7, not less than that perhaps.
I don't quite understand. Damaging a character from their weak spot or basically dura negging them scale you to that character?

What conclusion was reached?
Far higher, what else? And the fact he can damage 7-C with said bomb but not kill him

And he also regenerated from the bomb's damage quite fine, With Chuuya finishing him off

But later Lovecraft also regenerated

No dura neg involved

Chuuya was in corruption mode in the same scan you sended

Corruption mode kills Chuuya
  • Berserk Mode (Can enter his corrupted form, in which he loses all sense of reason and attempts to kill his enemy at the cost of his life)
Corruption (汚濁, Ojoku) is the true form of Chūya's ability and is exceedingly dangerous. It is activated by the verses:

汝、陰鬱なる汚濁の許容よ、更めてわれを目覚ますことなかれ Oh, Grantors of Dark Disgrace, Do Not Wake Me Again. This ability allows him to manipulate the gravitons in his surroundings. By increasing his own density, he is capable of crushing a tank with his bare hands. He is also able to shoot black holes by utilizing gravitons. However, he has no control over his Ability's true form; he will continue in that state if his Ability is not nullified and eventually die.
I don't understand how this disproves my comment.

I don't quite understand. Damaging a character from their weak spot or basically dura negging them scale you to that character?
The problem is that we can not assume that the lovecraft inside is not as durable as outside, it is general knowledge that by default yes, but we are talking about a lovecraft, for something was used a far higher instead of directly durability neg.

And he also regenerated from the bomb's damage quite fine, With Chuuya finishing him off
That means he got damaged from his insides so he had to regen.
No dura neg involved
Dazai simply attacked his weak points in that case then. I'm also pretty sure regen doesn't make dura neg invalid or anything. Damaging a character's internal organs is dura neg, but a human can heal from internal organ damage as well.

That means he got damaged from his insides so he had to regen.

Dazai simply attacked his weak points in that case then. I'm also pretty sure regen doesn't make dura neg invalid or anything. Damaging a character's internal organs is dura neg, but a human can heal from internal organ damage as well.
Doesn't change the fact he is a 7-C character

And there are alot many who can tank explosions no diff too where Lovecraft upscales immensely such as Kunikida who tanked alot of explosions point blank

The problem is that we can not assume that the lovecraft inside is not as durable as outside, it is general knowledge that by default yes, but we are talking about a lovecraft, for something was used a far higher instead of directly durability neg.
The guy near Dazai states that it was impossible to damage Lovecraft from the outside. Dazai said "From the outside?" and revealed that he planted explosives inside Lovecraft. This directly suggests that Lovecraft's insides are massively weaker than his outside, thus not scaling Dazai's explosives to Lovecraft's Durability.

Also, The bomb wasn't inside his body or anything (Stomach for example)

Meaning he just took the explosion point blank in the face

No, But he can tank explosions, And 7-C attacks too
irrelevant then
Also, The bomb wasn't inside his body or anything (Stomach for example)
He took the explosion from the "inside". The word inside here doesn't need to be actually his stomach or something. Inside just means from a weak point or something. It's been heavily implied that Lovecraft's outside dura doesn't scale to his "inside" dura by Dazai here. He would have just placed the bombs near his "outside'" rather than "inside" to damage if that was the case.

irrelevant then
Just saying a weaker character than lovecraft can tank 7-C attacks
He took the explosion from the "inside". The word inside here doesn't need to be actually his stomach or something. Inside just means from a weak point or something. It's been heavily implied that Lovecraft's outside dura doesn't scale to his "inside" dura by Dazai here. He would have just placed the bombs near his "outside'" rather than "inside" to damage if that was the case.
Still 7-C

Even if it isn't, It's still in the one shot range to incap Seven

Just saying a weaker character than lovecraft can tank 7-C attacks
Dazai scales to Lovecraft's outside dura according to you which is Town Level. That means Dazai scales from Lovecraft. I'm kinda proving that wrong atm, which would make this point irrelevant as Dazai scales from Lovecraft in the first place.

The bomb wasn't inside his stomach, I didn't lie?
It doesn't have to be in his stomach for it to be inside. The wiki page states that it was inside Lovecraft's body, which means that it bypassed it's outside durability. Also, this comment screams playing dumb so stop please.

It doesn't have to be in his stomach for it to be inside. The wiki page states that it was inside Lovecraft's body, which means that it bypassed it's outside durability.
The bomb is clearly strong enough to damage him and negate for a tiny beat his regeneration

The bomb is clearly strong enough to damage him and negate for a tiny beat his regeneration
Circling around a debunked point again huh?
Even corrupted Chuuya attacks are strong enough, But Lovecraft just kept regenerating, Same thing as the bomb
Chuuya's attacks came from outside as the character near Dazai states in the scan when Dazai's attack came from the inside. Again, you're not presenting anything new here. Just repeating the same thing.

I'm going to sleep bruh i ain't dealing with this stuff again at 2 am.

because it's wrong and you couldn't prove us wrong either. Stop acting like i'm talking nonsense here.
Dereck literally said it ranges from Tier 8 to 7 due to verse limitations

Even if it isn't 7-C, The explosion would still be enough to one shot

Stop being so insistent

Go read the thread i made

Dereck literally said it ranges from Tier 8 to 7 due to verse limitations
Dereck onlý answered how the tag "Far Higher" works. He thought Dazai actually directly damaged a 7-C character when he didn't.
Even if it isn't 7-C, The explosion would still be enough to one shot
You can't prove that and Dazai ain't exploding Seven from what i have read about his abilities from Deku.
Go read the thread i made
Nah I ain't readin allat it's 2 am. Jokes aside though, you can get proven wrong even if you get something accepted before. It's called "getting debunked".

If dazai has to internally blow up an opponent via internal organs thats duraneg. Not sure how that applies to the outside dura.

Thats a direct contradiction to why he even needs to place the bomb inside in the first place. If it just damages him then he would not need to. Meaning he would have to place the bomb inside seven. Which memory wont let happen.

Dereck onlý answered how the tag "Far Higher" works.
He literally said the bomb caps at 7-C and the minimum the bomb gets is 8-A
He thought Dazai actually directly damaged a 7-C character when he didn't.
Because it damaged it?
You can't prove that and Dazai ain't exploding Seven from what i have read about his abilities from Deku.
Man he doesn't have stamina or pain tolerance good enough to tank a 8-7 Explosion

His immortality just makes him not being able to die and not get incapped
Nah I ain't readin allat it's 2 am. Jokes aside though, you can get proven wrong even if you get something accepted before. It's called "getting debunked".
Except he literally damaged him
If dazai has to internally blow up an opponent via internal organs thats duraneg. Not sure how that applies to the outside dura.
No because the bomb isn't in his internal organs, It's just inside him and he just regens
Thats a direct contradiction to why he even needs to place the bomb inside in the first place. If it just damages him then he would not need to. Meaning he would have to place the bomb inside seven. Which memory wont let happen.
He doesn't put the bomb inside organs

Dazai doesn't scale to his bomb physically

Also, When are you gonna place noninho vote?

If dazai has to internally blow up an opponent via internal organs thats duraneg
? how? why ur giving Dazai a power all the sudden?

Thats a direct contradiction to why he even needs to place the bomb inside in the first place. If it just damages him then he would not need to. Meaning he would have to place the bomb inside seven
where is that descripted on the bomb or on Dazai's profile? if dazai could only damage the guy from the inside, that's a feat for the guy's defense, not an antifeat for the bomb/dazai
how was this the logical conclusion of two people, jesus.

? how? why ur giving Dazai a power all the sudden?

where is that descripted on the bomb or on Dazai's profile? if dazai could only damage the guy from the inside, that's a feat for the guy's defense, not an antifeat for the bomb/dazai
how was this the logical conclusion of two people, jesus.
"Steinbeck refuses to cooperate but inadvertently mentions that his partner cannot be destroyed from the outside, giving Dazai the assertion that he may be damaged from inside. Dazai detonates a bomb hidden in his bandage that has been caught inside Lovecraft's body and urges Chuya to finish him off." Is a direct contradiction to everything you said. If the bombs just blows him up . He would just plant it like a normal bomb and not inside his body which is what happens, the profile being wrongly written does negate what the feat did.

he exploded the bomb inside of the guy
so he didn't duraneg afaik
that is what duraneg is man. He negated his outside durability by blowing up his interals, negating the durability that originally kept the bomb from killing him.

'mentions that his partner cannot be destroyed from the outside'
i still ask
HOW IS THAT DOWNPLAYING THE BOMB AND NOT JUST BEING A FEAT FOR LOVECRAFT?
show this to anyone, the logical conclusion is that it can be any bomb, if he cannot be destroyed from the outside, that doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the bomb, just show that the guy has an amazing resistance

how can you interpret anything other than that, holy sh**, i don't know.

i still ask
show this to anyone, the logical conclusion is that it can be any bomb, if he cannot be destroyed from the outside, that doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the bomb, just show that the guy has an amazing resistance

how can you interpret anything other than that, holy sh**, i don't know.
They are suddenly changing the decisions of the staff to downplay Dazai

Tipico deles

that is what duraneg is man. He negated his outside durability by blowing up his interals, negating the durability that originally kept the bomb from killing him.
so i also have duraneg.
yes, me, a brazillian skinny guy, can make someone put a grenade on its mouth and explode by the inside.

the context is VERY important here, that's not duraneg

i still ask
It downplays it because he cannot conventionally damage him from the outside so he uses the inside which is basic durability negation lol
Yes. He cannot be destroyed from the outside using the bomb he has . But the inside WILL work. Basic preparation lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back