• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Date A Live revisions

So the beginning of it is that i have seen Date A Live series, and then the profiles, and i have only one word for it:

Disappointing.

People are missing upgrades here for the characters and the profiles here are completely messy.

Which leads us to one person:

Shido Itsuka.

Honestly, him being 9-A till now and he had done some amazing feats is so annoying. So i'm gonna make sure that this is over and now by making sure i give you all his abilites and feats from the start and up untill the last volume.

Shido has the mysterious, and unique ability to seal the powers of the Spirits into his body, which was first discovered by Ratatoskr sometime in the past when Kotori was turned into a Spirit. This power was bestowed onto him by the First Spirit, Mio Takamiya. Mio gave Shido the ability to absorb more power in order to gradually bestow her own abilities onto him, with each other Spirit acting as intermediary vessels to facilitate the transfer.

In order to use his ability to seal a Spirit's power, the Spirit in question must meet certain conditions or requirements. Those conditions or requirements are that the Spirit in question must show affection, trust, closeness, and intimacy towards Shido. Once these conditions of love are high enough between Shido and the Spirit, he can seal their power by kissing them on the lips.

Due to the sheer amount of Spirit energy sealed inside of his body (presently 9 Spirits worth), Shido has been shown to possess a level of protection or outright immunity towards the abilities of other Spirits. Theses powers include being able to withstand Kurumi's City of Devouring Time as well as being completely unaffected by Miku's Solo.

If the Spirits' emotions become unstable enough, their powers will begin to return to them and leave Shido. This flaw means that he will have to seal them again should their powers fully return to them, but usually this only results in the Spirits temporarily regaining portions of their original power. However, as shown in the cases of Kotori, and much later on Tohka, it is possible for the Spirits to take back their full powers without the need to become emotionally unstable. Kotori seems to be capable of choosing exactly how much of her powers she takes back from him at any given time and so far most of the Spirits have managed to figure out how to form partial Astral Dresses, with varying results.

Shido can also "borrow" the power of a Spirit he has sealed, which explains the nature of his regenerative abilities. The borrowing works primarily as if a Spirit were to manifest an Angel. Shido cannot nonetheless call forth and wield an Angel as easily. While he has tapped into the powers of many other Angels, <Sandalphon>, <Haniel>, and <Michael> have been the only Angels that he has physically manifested. Whenever tapping into the energy of the Angels, the color of his eyes changes from brown to gold.

Besides sealing and summoning, whenever Shido manifests or uses the power of an Angel, his body is intoxicated with great physical pain. The Angels wielded by Spirits are not meant to be used by humans, which is why he overstresses his body when using his powers. The damage can be healed by <Camael>; however, Shido still feels the pain inflicted upon his body.

Throughout the story, Shido has steadily progressed in his ability to utilize the powers that he has sealed. During, early December, Shido lost control due to a disruption in the path of Spirit mana circulating throughout his body. The overload of mana and his fever caused him to enter an intoxicated state with lower inhibitions than his usual self. During this state, he was able to perform superhuman feats during his physical examination, despite feeling exhausted. Outsiders observed his behavior to be like a Spirit that could not control her powers. Nevertheless, the state also resulted in an increased control over all of his sealed Spirit powers. This state allowed him to use the powers of various Angels at once, seemingly without repercussions before his powers completely overheated.

During this time, he was able to create his own original attack, "Roaring Flash Blast Wave!", a technique named by himself back in his middle school years. The blast released from his hands was enough to completely destroy the Bandersnatch units sent to attack him. This technique is comparable to the energy beams released from Tohka's <Sandalphon> and Origami's <Metatron>.

During the battle to save Nia, his body remembered the feeling of controlling the Spirit powers flowing inside of him. This memory caused him to be able to manifest numerous Angels willfully at the same time. However, the fatigue of using powers beyond human comprehension was still present, requiring him to use a combination of <Camael> and <Gabriel> to mitigate the pain and damage dealt to him.

So far, Shido has used the following Angels:

Angel: Sandalpho (ÚÅûµ«║Õ༠(ÒéÁÒâ│ÒâÇÒâ½ÒâòÒé®Òâ│), Ousatsukou, lit., ("Throne of Annihilation")

Weapon: Broadsword

Original owner: Tohka Yatogami

Shido first summoned <Sandalphon> when he was cursing his uselessness after Ellen defeated Tohka. <Sandalphon> is a big broadsword with both close and long-range capabilities if used well by the wielder. In Shido's case, he cannot bring himself to use the sword at its maximum potential due to the pain it caused to his body. Unlike Tohka, who can utilize the sword as many times as she pleases, Shido can barely swing it a few times before his body breaks down.

Angel: Camael (þü╝þêøµ«▓Ú¼╝ (Òé½Òâ×Òé¿Òâ½) Shakuran Sen'oni, lit., ("Bright Burning Annihilating Demon")

Weapon: Halberd

Original owner: Kotori Itsuka

Shido has not wielded this Angel, but he has used its healing ability.

In Kotori's hands, the Angel takes the form of a halberd which slashes with tremendous force. One of its "sub-skills" is healing, which can be used by both Shido and Kotori. In Shido's case, it is an automatic "tool" that activates whenever Shido receives a fatal wound. This ability is also useful for Shido because it heals his drained body from the usage of <Sandalphon>. However, the pain and fatigue from using other powers are still felt. There is also a limit to how much the flames can heal if Shido's body had already been injured. Before Kurumi re-winded time to save him, Ellen was able to successfully kill Shido by decapitating him after the flames were already preoccupied with a fatal chest wound.

Angel: Zadkiel (µ░ÀþÁÉÕéÇÕäí (ÒéÂÒâëÒé¡Òé¿Òâ½), Hyouketsu Kugutsu, lit., ("Freezing Puppet")

Weapon: Puppet

Original owner: Yoshino

Shido utilizes the power of <Zadkiel> by causing ice to manifest.

Shido first activated the powers of this Angel by creating a wall of ice to protect Miku from an attack made by Tohka in her Inverse state. During the battle against the monsters coming from Nia's <Beelzebub>, Shido consciously uses <Zadkiel> to freeze the monsters' legs to the ground. During the time when his powers went out of control, he was able to cause snowfall willingly and create beautiful candles and flowers made out of ice.

Angel: Haniel (Þ┤ïÚÇáÚ¡öÕÑ│ (ÒâÅÒâïÒé¿Òâ½), Ganzou Majo, lit., ("Witch of Forgery")

Weapon: Broom

Original owner: Natsumi

Shido uses <Haniel>'s powers to transform both himself and his surroundings. When he traveled back to the past, he accidentally turned into his younger self to fool his neighbor. During the period when his powers went out of control, Shido shows a great flexibility when using <Haniel>'s powers. When the sealed Spirits cornered him, he summoned the mirror to transform everyone around him (including himself) into Shiori to make a way for his escape. Later, during his dates, he used the power to dress himself up in a swimsuit and tuxedo.

During the conflict against Mukuro, Shido was able to willingly manifest the broom and use the <Kaleidoscope> ability to create a copy of <Michael>, Mukuro's angel. With said duplicate, he battled against her and copied <Michael>'s unlock ability to open the seal on Mukuro's heart. Mukuro later sealed <Haniel>'s ability to transform into <Michael>. However, Shido is still able use <Haniel> for other purposes like creating the illusion of an uninjured body when he was later was accidentally struck by Mukuro's attack.

Angel: Raphael (ÚóÂÚó¿Ú¿ÄÕú½ ´╝êÒâ®ÒâòÒéíÒé¿Òâ½), Gufuu Kishi, lit., ("Hurricane Knight")

Weapon:

Original owner: Yamai

<Raphael> grants Shido the power to control the wind. This wind is very powerful and has been used to blast away the enemies that were either standing in his way or ambushing him. When he lost control of his powers, Shido was able to use <Raphael> to manipulate the air currents, so that he could glide through the sky. During the fight to save Nia, he consciously uses <Raphael> to blow away the monsters that were blocking his way. After successfully unlocking Mukuro's heart, Shido used Raphael in conjunction with <Zadkiel> to soften the impact of atmospheric reentry for both him and Mukuro.

Angel: Gabriel (þá┤Þ╗쵡îÕº½ ´╝êÒé¼ÒâûÒâ¬Òé¿Òâ½), Hagun Utahime, lit., "Army-Breaking Songstress")

Weapon: Orga

Original owner: Miku Izayoi

During the time when he lost control of his powers, Shido was able to use <Gabriel> to brainwash a crowd of people into serving as a distraction for him. As he was using multiple Angels at once, he uses Miku's <Requiem> as a pain reliever song for both himself and Nia. Later on, Miku's <March> becomes his regular enhancement technique used to increase his physical abilities beyond that which is capable for a normal human being.

Angel: Metatro (þÁµ╗àÕñ®õ¢┐ ´╝êÒâíÒé┐ÒâêÒâ¡Òâ│), Zetsumetsu Tenshi, lit., "Angel of Extinction")

Weapon: Crow

Original owner: Origami Tobiichi

Shido only used this Angel once and it was just to dodge an incoming attack from Ellen. It is the same transporting skill Origami uses when she is about to get hit, dodging by transforming into light and teleporting somewhere else. However, the ability has a limited range.

Angel: Michael (Õ░üÞºúõ©╗ (ÒâƒÒé½Òé¿Òâ½), Fükaishü, lit., "Seal-Removing Lord")

Weapon: Key

Original owner Mukuro Hoshimiya

Even before sealing Mukuro, Shido had access to <Michael> by copying the Angel's power through <Haniel>. Although he momentarily lost this ability when Mukuro sealed it away with her own <Michael>, Shido regained the ability to use the Angel shortly after sealing Mukuro. He later utilizes the Angel in an attempt to unlock his past memories of Mio.

• R─ütaibu - Unlock [Úûï´╝êÒâ®Òâ╝Òé┐ÒéñÒâû) ]: Allows Shido to unlock objects and concepts previously sealed with <Michael>. Shido first used this technique with a copy of <Michael> produced by <Haniel> in order to open the seal placed on Mukuro's heart.
  • Tefetei- Small Key [Õ░ÅÚìÁ (ÒâåÒâòÒé¿ÒâåÒâ╝)]: Shrinks <Michael> down to a miniature version small enough to be held at the palm of his hand. Shido uses this form of <Michael> in order to more easily point the angel at his own head when attempting to unlock his past memories.
Now for Kurumi's bullets, as all of her bullets are finally unlocked and the missing bullets were finally revealed:

[Aleph],the First Bullet which accelerates the target.

[Bet],the Second Bullet which slows time of the target.

[Gimel],the Third Bullet which makes the target grow.

[Dalet],the Fourth Bullet which rewinds time of the target.

[Hei],the Fifth Bullet which allows one to see a bit into the future.

[Vav]the Sixth Bullet that sends your consciousness to the past.

[Zayin],the Seventh Bullet which stops the time of the target.

[Het],the Eight Bullet which reproduces the past selves of yourself.

[Tet],the Ninth Bullet which connects your consciousness with another from a different time.

[Yud],the Tenth Bullet which tells the past of the target.

[Yud Aleph]and[Yud Bet],the Eleventh Bullet which eats Spirit power directly and the Twelfth Bullet which sends the target through time.

From all of this, it's clear that Shido should have two links: One is base and the other is when he lost control his powers.

In his base form, he was capable of trading blows with Ellen, who defeated Tohka and this was the first time he ever use Sandalphon.

The second link (The one where he lost control of his power), he gained Weather Manipulation through Zadkiel, and also he fought all the spirits that he sealed (sans Mukuro, whom he didn't seal at this time), and they were barely struggling against him.

So, what must be done:

Shido should have 2 links: Base | With the Spirit's powers berserk.

Shido should be Likely 7-B in Base (Due to fighting Ellen who defeated Tohka and for the attack that he created that has the same power as Tohka's and Origami's blasts) and At least 7-B with the Spirit's powers berserk.(As he fought all of his harem at this point except for Mukuro)

Shido's Durability should be Likely 7-B for trading blows with Ellen, and 7-B with ice shields made out of Zadkiel (It withstood blows from Inverse Tohka when Shido used it to protect Miku from her)

Shido should have Mukuro's Angel abilities which are mentioned above.

Shido should be Hypersonic (Kept up with Ellen, who blitzed Tohka) | At least Hypersonic (His harem were barely keeping up with him), higher with Origami's Metatron's teleportation ability, which turns him into laser.

Kurumi's additional bullets from above should be added to her profile.

Shido should also have resistance to all of the Spirits' had abilities due to the man's inside his body, like Kurumi's Time Manipulation, Miku's Sound Manipulation and the list goes on with the powers of the Spirits.

Also Bump

Sound manipulation? You mean the mind control, which he has on his profile as being resistant to?

If you're planning on adding the revisions, don't. You need more input to add the changes

Well the list doesn't show any legitimate proof. If you show any links to the manga that can back up your points, then it can be allowed. But as of now, I'm iffy on this being added since all you linked are just definition of words and names rather than stuff from the manga.

Same shit, different smell. Anyways you need to bring proof that Shido should get these abilities, otherwise It's not going to be added.

I think that celestial pegasus can probably confirm this because he created the profiles, otherwise it is impossible to check unless he shows us the extract of the LN in question according to each situation

Theglassman12 said:
Well the list doesn't show any legitimate proof. If you show any links to the manga that can back up your points, then it can be allowed. But as of now, I'm iffy on this being added since all you linked are just definition of words and names rather than stuff from the manga.
All of this is explained in the Wiki.

@Muhammed can you show us proof rather than just say "it's explained in the wiki"? If you can do at least that, then I'll agree with the changes.

I also think that Shido's powers and said ranking from above has been shown in the 2 seasons of the anime. He survived a shot from Kotori's Magbido head on, which was meant for Kurumi and he pretty much lived afterwards, He traded blows from Ellen, who defeated Tohka, although Ellen caught her off guard, He fought AIM agents, who can trade blows with Spirits on equal grounds, and in Volume 17, he fended off with Nibelcols and physically overpowered them untill Kurumi arrived.

I'm talking about quotes from the characters saying that he has these powers and weapons. Not summaries of books.

The previous links that I provided are considered valid because the LN does not have any translations, but I can get a few links from the recently published manga.

Also, the links for volume 16 and volume 17 from above are the translation of the two said volumes. And they prove that Shido should be 7-B, that he is Hypersonic in speed, that he can fight toe to toe with Spirits and Nibelcols, who are at the level of Spirits, that he has Mukuro's Angel and the abilities from above, that he is resistant to all of the abilities of the Spirits in the entire recent cast, and that Kurumi should have the additional bullets from above.

Well, it's been a long time since i read DAL (my memory is a bit fuzzy), but I'm gonna add my 2 cents. In volume 14, Mukuro said that if Shido approached her one more time, she would stop the Earth's rotation. As a proof of that, in volume 15 she used Michael on the planet and claimed that in a few ticks of a clock, the planet will stop. She almost succeded if it wasn't because she almost went inverse and Shido had to seal her. Stopping the earth's rotation is terms of AP is 5-C or Moon level, but I don't know if this should be added.

About the upgrades, I mildly agree. I would fully agree to this if I could remember more. Btw, Shido's reasoning for his at least 7-B key should be changed. The girls couldn't keep up with Shidou because their connection with him was almost non-existent at that point due to his berserk state. Therefore, they couldn't use their powers. Natsumi, for example, was only able to transform into her older form for some moments before losing conciousness. I think a better reasoning would be that "he has the combined mana of all the spirits except Mukuro and Kurumi and can casually use their powers simultaneously"

I think we need more input for this.

Eclar said:
Well, it's been a long time since i read DAL (my memory is a bit fuzzy), but I'm gonna add my 2 cents. In volume 14, Mukuro said that if Shido approached her one more time, she would stop the Earth's rotation. As a proof of that, in volume 15 she used Michael on the planet and claimed that in a few ticks of a clock, the planet will stop. She almost succeded if it wasn't because she almost went inverse and Shido had to seal her. Stopping the earth's rotation is terms of AP is 5-C or Moon level, but I don't know if this should be added.
About the upgrades, I mildly agree. I would fully agree to this if I could remember more. Btw, Shido's reasoning for his at least 7-B key should be changed. The girls couldn't keep up with Shidou because their connection with him was almost non-existent at that point due to his berserk state. Therefore, they couldn't use their powers. Natsumi, for example, was only able to transform into her older form for some moments before losing conciousness. I think a better reasoning would be that "he has the combined mana of all the spirits except Mukuro and Kurumi and can casually use their powers simultaneously"

I think we need more input for this.
I solely agree with you on this.

Also, 5-C Shido? Awesome!

Also, all the links from above are translations and summaries of all the volumes starting from 1 to 17, so i don't think we need more input.

I'm extremely out of touch with DAL, but judging from DAL wiki description:

• Segva - Lock [Úûë´╝êÒé╗Òé░Òâ┤Òéí) ]: Seals away certain functions of the target. Mukuro first used this ability to shut down DEM's machines and Fraxinus' satellite Realizers. As seen from Shido's example with his copy of <Haniel>, she can also seal the ability of other angels. It even works on sealing abstract concepts like emotions, memories. At full power, she claimed that it could be used to stop the Earth's rotation.
This is Power Nullification. I can't really explain it clearly, but it seems like a hax that doesn't scale to anyone. Michael is hax-focused and whatever stuff it does shouldn't scale to destructive type like Tohka's Sandalphon or Origami's Metatron.

I have to agree with Graf on this. 5-C seems a little exaggerated for AP given the circumstances Mukuro and the others were. I'm okay with saying that it was hax. Segva-Lock acts like a combination of a strong Power Nullification + Sealing

The Earth's rotational energy is around 2.14× 10^29 joules, which is High 5-A, and to stop it you have to exert the same amount of energy.

2.14× 10^29 joules is 5-C according to the wiki's chart. You were looking in the wrong cloumn Muhammedmco.

Back