• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Vader vs Magneto (Redux I guess......)

Plus the fact that I think it would take awhile before Vader figures out Magneto's helmet protects him. He's not going to suddenly know it at the beginning of the battle.

Lonkitt said:
If Magneto's helmet can resist mind attacks, my vote goes to Magneto. I can't see Vader getting past metal manipulation.
This is not even a thing when Vader can crush Magneto's heart with a hand motion, and he uses TK more often than mindhax.

TheOwnMagic said:
Lonkitt said:
If Magneto's helmet can resist mind attacks, my vote goes to Magneto. I can't see Vader getting past metal manipulation.
Thisis not even a thing when Vader can crush Magneto's heart with a hand motion, and he uses TK more often than mindhax.
Don't know how its "not even a thing" but eh, I'll vote inconclusive for now.

Vader does not pull mindhax as soon as the fight starts. His first move is most likely going to be crushing Magneto's heart or throat.

Yeah that I can agree on. He's more reliant on Force Choking and TK when it comes to the Force.

I think it may be a stalemate between the Magneto's metal manip and Vader's force choke.

Count me as inconclusive.

Both have the same means to one shot the other, to hax the other, to lolnope the other.

Is the most inconclusive match I have saw recently.

Nah sorry to buck the trend but magneto takes my vote. Magneto is gonna realise what that suit is made up of and just crush him instantly, meanwhile Vader has no way of knowing that's what magneto would do. Plus Vader is unlikely to start with a heart crush. It's usually force chock for anyone that opposes him. Magneto should take this simply by acting first and knowing Vader would be susectible to Metal Manip. So magneto should take this

Also, Vader can mind hax but his helmet is strong enough to resist Xavier's mind hax, so he's all good there

Vader's Force Choke's gonna work before Magneto can crush his armor. That's because Vader needs a simple thought in order to Force Choke Magneto.

Except it never Insta kills, and Vader won't know that magneto doesn't need to put in much effort to crush Metal. He chokes people and makes them suffer for not obeying him, Magneto simply crushes him with a wave of his hand

That's not how he does when he wants to truly kill. It's more likely going to be this. Magneto wouldn't be able to pull his Metal Manipulation in time.

This is the definition of stalemate, which is, the one who strikes first wins.

Considering that they both have the means to one shot the other with their respective hax making this a case of who does it first.

Yes but its not in Vader's nature to.see an opponent, battle start, he force chokes. He sees himself superior to others constantly its his shtick. Magneto is willing to end it quickly though

Since both Vader and Magneto have way way more than a few Km of range, they both start 4 Km apart from each other due to SBA

I get that. Darth almost never just force chokes a powerful opponent and wins straight away. Magneto bending metal like darth vader's suit is childs play and would present an easy win for him

You are being childish by pointing out your bare opinions about a character. Vader most likely always starts by Force Choke. He did that to the Emperor himself.

TheOwnMagic said:
You are being childish by pointing out your bare opinions about a character. Vader most likely always starts by Force Choke. He did that to the Emperor himself.
Childish? How? The whole point of vs debating is giving your own opinion about who would win. I'm just simply pointing out Vader has never against any powerful opponent force choked them to DEATH straight away. It's not in his character to do crush a windpipe right away against someone who is stronger than a common rebel troop. which should give Magneto plenty of time to really pretty quickly Vader's suit is Metal and just destroy him. He MAY lead with it but he never just instantly crushes a windpipe and honestly to stop magneto's Metal Manip he'd have to.

The reason why Vader don't choke enemies as powerful as him to death right off the bat is because he cannot. I mean, every Force User in SW have got a kind of forcefield-like invisible bubble surrounding them. This is also why we don't see Siths crushing Jedis organs in every fight. I mean, the purpose of said bubble is to protect them from other Force Users powers, and thus, only stronger Force Users can breach them.

Force Choke remains as Vader's first move nonetheless.

We literally hardly ever see him do this though. He could do it to dispose of any rebel soldier straight away yet he often either force chokes them regularly until they suffocate or he straight up slices them in half. Again Vader is not the kind of person who seconds into a battle instantly crushes a windpipe. He may force choke straight away like he has before, because he likes people to know how powerful he is. Even if Vader force chokes straight away, there is so little chance that he would crush Magneto's windpipe of the bat. Force choke normally? Yeah I can see that happening. Instantly crushing his windpipe? Not so sure. Either way, Magneto can just Metal Manip with a wave of his hand, because it doesn't take a genius to see his suit is easily susceptible to it.

But agree to disagree. Pretty sure Incon will win overall anyway.

I'll vote Inconclusive as well.

And I might I also say, I love this matchup; both thematically and visually, I think that the two play off each other really well. I'd love to see this as an actual crossover.

Back