• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Vader vs Magneto (Redux I guess......)

Now that Vader is 5-B lets do this again

Speed is equalized

EFAD7FBD-6193-4A20-8EAB-B2698709BB30.jpeg

Magneto: 1 (TheArsenal1212)

Inconclusive: 7 (PTSOXMONKEY99, Lonkitt, Newendigo, Jimboydejuan12, TheC2, Stefano4444, TheOwnMagic)

I'll be able to vote once I know how good this version of Vader's mind hax is.

Lonkitt said:
Gargoyle One said:
Couldn't Vader just mindhax?
Hmmm...this might be inconclusive...but don't count that vote yet.
Doesn't Magento's Helmet prevent any kind of mind attacks? I thought that's why he wears it, considering he deals wth Xavier on a daily basis.

Magneto's helmet does indeed protect him from mind attacks on the level of Xavier and Emma Frost, it's been a plot point since forever now. Though the question is is how powerful is their mind manipulation?

Gargoyle One said:
I'm pretty sure Xavier has never attempted a Mind Trick on Magneto
Actually he did when Magneto ripped off the adamantium off of Wolverine, though Magneto didn't have his Helmet on.

I recall Xavier fighting a psychic battle agaisnt the Phoenix Force on infinity of planes of existence.

Problem is that I don't know in which comic it happened.

Magneto can definitely affect Vader's armor, given that he can affect non-magnetic metals and manipulate atoms anyways. He has a variety of other hax too, like absolute zero. I dunno what Vader scales to for mindhax but Magneto would have planetary-ish resistances.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Well like I said, I don't know Xavier's or Emma's best mind hax feat, so it's still up in the air
I believe Xavier stalemated the Mind stone

Oh yeah, even if Magneto can't just rip his armor apart with magnetism, he can short it out with electrical attacks.

Could not Magneto just rip all his cybernetics out of his body?

Or just atomize him?

Instead of trying to say "Could not he..." we look for something that at the very least the other can't do as well.

I guess this match will end up giving us an Inconclusive. Which, as a matter of fact, is my vote. Both can one-shot.

OBS: IIRC, Vader resists sub-atomic Matter Manipulation from Marek in this scene. That could mean atomization is not a thing.

@Gar

Xavier has also read through the minds of everyone on earth, effected peoples minds from a solar system away, and did hold back Cyclops when he had half the Phoenix Force

@Magic

Maybe? Magneto has unknown durability, but his shields are constantly up and are on the level of Vader's AP

If Magneto's helmet can resist mind attacks, my vote goes to Magneto. I can't see Vader getting past metal manipulation.

I think I'm gonna go inconclusive as well

Vader could just bypass Magento's shields by going for Magneto's heart directly and crushing it, but on the flip side, Magneto could just use his magnetism powers to rip out Vader's cybernetic implants or use them against him using his technology manipulation

If speed weren't equalized, what difference would that make? I know that Vader's speed rating via precognition is a higher rating, that being FTL versus Magneto's Lightspeed, but honestly, their feats don't sound that dissimilar; they both reacted to things that moved at the speed of light in what seem like similar manners.

I feel like Magneto is gonna crush Vader long before Vader realizes Magneto's helmet protects him from mind attacks.

Both Magneto and Vader if given the chance could potentially put down the other one.

And both would be capable to counter each ability as well, Magneto with his helmet could resist any mindfuck attempt while Vader shield itself by using the force again electromagnetic based ability.

In term of AP, if 170 Zettatons Magneto is correct, there shouldn't be any major difference, since even when was still called Anakin, Vader had already suprassed Yarael Poof, a Master Jedi who contained the energy of the Infant of Shaa while mortally wounded, a weapon that was going to destroy Coruscant and stated to be able to destroy planets.

Vader > Anakin > fully healthy Yarael Poof > mortally wounded Yarael Poof => baseline Planet level.

So i go with inconclusive for now.

Back