• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dante vs Kratos (on-screen feats only)

"Seeing is believing"

We know that while these 2 are very powerful, most of their best feats comes from lore, which is something common especially with video game character (i'm looking at you Doomslayer)

But what if we completely ignore their lore and only look at their on- screen feats, just like the old fashioned way of doing vs battles, who do you think has the best feats?, and who do you think would come out on top in a fight?

Dante or Kratos?

Dante has a nasty skill dodge/speed feat where he casually fought a mundus who was an omnipresent infinite void and Dante managed to attack/react/avoid and eventually kill that void while he was inside it
so speed/skill probably goes towards Dante

Last edited:
Onscreen only, i did not see him do that, so it didnt happen.

Looks like they both have solid on screen speed feats:
Dante has: Ftl combat and Mftl+ travel
Kratos has: Mftl combat for fighting stuff that can react to Atreus’ arrows. Or maybe he doesn’t, I haven’t played this game, I don’t actually know if anyone dodges things. I just figured the calc probably wouldn’t exist otherwise.

Looks like they both have solid on screen speed feats:
Dante has: Ftl combat and Mftl+ travel
Kratos has: Mftl combat for fighting stuff that can react to Atreus’ arrows. Or maybe he doesn’t, I haven’t played this game, I don’t actually know if anyone dodges things. I just figured the calc probably wouldn’t exist otherwise.
Dante can fight and tag Ahile traveling, the one he tagged also did the mftl+ feat

If the satement is giving more context to something that happened on screen i believe is valid
So sat, "X will destroy Y" is invalid if it isn't onscreen, even if its in-game? And I assume scaling to characters who perform their stuff on-screen is fine.

If that's the case then for Kratos;

Strength:
  • (Demigod) Fought with and dragged around the Hydra, who dwarfs ships in size.
  • (Demigod) Can lift massive gates, stone masses and throw large monsters around.
  • (Demigod) Threw the arms of the Hekatonchires around with sheer might.
  • (Demigod) Broke the metal straps that pinned down a Python that spanned mountains.
  • (Demigod) Killed the Furies, who created storms, a Sun and a starry sky with their magics.
  • (God) Defeated Ares, who created a pocket dimension of galactic size.
  • (God) Killed Helios, who personified the Sun and could illuminate the Underworld, which has stars within it.
  • (God) Created a canyon to the horizon while struggling against Baldur.
  • (God) Moved a 1 million ton bridge.
  • (God) Flipped a massive temple.
  • (God) Fought and killed Baldur, who knocked out a planet spanning serpent.
  • (God) Fought Thor, who could fight Ragnarok, who nuked a realm with a sun and stars in it.
  • (God) Closed Realm Tears with his bare hands, whose opening causes magic to ripple across a whole realm for ages.
  • (God) Physically overpowered Hades, who overpowered Atlas, with Atlas being able to hold the world on his shoulders.

Speed:
  • (Demigod) Jumped from falling debri to debri while the surroundings were in slow motion.
  • (Demigod) Can parry cloud-to-ground lightning.
  • (Demigod) Effortlessly dodges arrows.
  • (God) Can fight Hercules, who can react to and block Helios' light beams at point blank range. Said beams covered the whole Underworld immediately.
  • (God) Could hold his own against a weakened Hermes, who could dodge an AoE light blast.
  • (God) Can fight Heimdall, who can catch Atreus' arrows, which reached the Sun in a short time.

The above uses solely what we can see in-game, including some text from the in-game codex. Not sure it's fully accurate but it's a good enough compilation.

Last edited:
@Planck69

Well i believe most of the feats you listed are valid except maybe ones like

(God) Physically overpowered Hades, who overpowered Atlas, with Atlas being able to hold the world on his shoulders. (I don't think we ever see Atlas holding the whole world, i believe this is pure lore and is not backed up by anything presented on-screen.)

Or

(God) Can fight Hercules, who can react to and block Helios' light beams at point blank range. Said beams covered the whole Underworld immediately. (Again I don't think we ever saw said beams covering the whole Underworld)

Just to put into perspective i"ll also put 2 feats of Dante that i don't think it's valid for this disscusion

Nightmare stated to be able to destroy the whole Underworld. (We never saw him destroying or getting close to destroy the underworld on-screen)

Argosax said to have instanteous movement that trancends time and space. (This is pure lore)

Now i"ll show feats that imo are indeed valid

Kratos
  • Defeated Ares, who created a pocket dimension of galactic size. (Ares creates this dimension on-screen)
  • Can fight Heimdall, who can catch Atreus' arrows, which reached the Sun in a short time. (Atreus arrow literally does that on-screen)
Dante
  • Defeated Mundus who created a universe. (Mundus creates a universe on-screen the statements only gives more context to the feat)
  • Defeated Argosax who was merging the human and demon world together with just his incoming presence. (This can be seen both in cutscenes and in gameplay)
I hope this can clear things up.

@Planck69

Well i believe most of the feats you listed are valid except maybe ones like

(God) Physically overpowered Hades, who overpowered Atlas, with Atlas being able to hold the world on his shoulders. (I don't think we ever see Atlas holding the whole world, i believe this is pure lore and is not backed up by anything presented on-screen.)

Or

(God) Can fight Hercules, who can react to and block Helios' light beams at point blank range. Said beams covered the whole Underworld immediately. (Again I don't think we ever saw said beams covering the whole Underworld)

Just to put into perspective i"ll also put 2 feats of Dante that i don't think it's valid for this disscusion

Nightmare stated to be able to destroy the whole Underworld. (We never saw him destroying or getting close to destroy the underworld on-screen)

Argosax said to have instanteous movement that trancends time and space. (This is pure lore)

Now i"ll show feats that imo are indeed valid

Kratos
  • Defeated Ares, who created a pocket dimension of galactic size. (Ares creates this dimension on-screen)
  • Can fight Heimdall, who can catch Atreus' arrows, which reached the Sun in a short time. (Atreus arrow literally does that on-screen)
Dante
  • Defeated Mundus who created a universe. (Mundus creates a universe on-screen the statements only gives more context to the feat)
  • Defeated Argosax who was merging the human and demon world together with just his incoming presence. (This can be seen both in cutscenes and in gameplay)
I hope this can clear things up.
Atlas is shown and verbatim stated to hold the world on his shoulders on-screen though (Chains of Olympus). We see him doing it in God of War II as well. Unless even dialogue doesn't count.

The light-beam covering the Underworld also happens on-screen, with narration confirming it (Chains of Olympus).

Also, Thor shaking the Yggdrasil is via a statement but the feat itself (the blow that sends Jormugandr through time) happens on-screen. Does this count even though we don't see the full tree at that moment or nah?

Last edited:
Atlas is shown and verbatim stated to hold the world on his shoulders on-screen though (Chains of Olympus). We see him doing it in God of War II as well. Unless even dialogue doesn't count.

The light-beam covering the Underworld also happens on-screen, with narration confirming it (Chains of Olympus).

Also, Thor shaking the Yggdrasil is via a statement but the feat itself (the blow that sends Jormugandr through time) happens on-screen. Does this count even though we don't see the full tree at that moment or nah?
Oh i didn't remember those feats of chains of olympus. But yeah if that's the case it's valid.

I also believe the Thor one should count too

So what's the physical statistics tally so far?

For Kratos;
Attack Potency/Striking Strength/Durability: At least Multi-Solar System level (Consistently battles and kills beings that can create and destroy dimensions with suns and starry skies), likely Universe level+ (Defeated Thor, whose blows shook Yggdrasil, which holds all of creation in its boughs and transcends space and time)

Speed: Massively FTL+ (Comparable to beings who can dodge Helios' light, which can cover the Underworld, which has stars in it. Faster than Atreus' arrows, which reached the Sun in seconds)

Lifting Strength: Class Z (Stronger than Atlas, who holds the world on his shoulders)

Last edited:
So what's the physical statistics tally so far?

For Kratos;
Attack Potency/Striking Strength/Durability: At least Multi-Solar System level (Consistently battles beings that can create and destroy dimensions with suns and starry skies), likely Universe level+ (Defeated Thor, whose blows shook Yggdrasil, which holds all of creation in its boughs and transcends space and time)

Speed: Massively FTL+ (Comparable to beings who can dodge Helios' light, which can over the Underworld. Faster than Atreus' arrows, which reached the Sun in seconds)

Lifting Strength: Class Z (Stronger than Atlas, who holds the world on his shoulders)
Really like what you did here. There's any Dante expert here, who could the same only using his on-screen feats?

Abilities and Hax for Kratos:
  • Superhuman Physical Characteristics: Self-explanatory.
  • Rage Power: Self-explanatory
  • Reactive Evolution: Adapted to the Amulet of Ouroboros during the fight itself. Gradually adapted to being unaffected by Heimdall's telepathy. Could siphon Thor's powers when the latter was previously immune to his spear in the same fight.
  • Absorption: Absorbed the souls of the Elysian Fields. Absorbed Hades' soul. Uses his blades to absorb different magics from other beings, like Thera.
  • Mind Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Probability Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation (Type 3): Can grab, harm and destroy souls himself and with various weapons. Souls are made up of the Mind, Direction, Form and Luck.
  • Fire Manipulation: Via rage, magics and Blades.
  • Ice Manipulation: Via Leviathan Axe.
  • Electricity Manipulation: Via Nemesis Whip and various magics.
  • Wind Manipulation: Via Draupnir.
  • Power Absorption and Energy Projection: Via Blade of Olympus.
  • Regeneration (Low-Mid): Heals from deep cuts, gashes and stabs through his torso instantly
  • Vibration Manipulation: Via Atlas Quake.
  • Time Manipulation, Time Travel, Time Slow and Stop: Can travel through time and space with the powers of the Fates. Can manipulate time with the Amulet of Ouroboros.

Resistances:
  • Soul Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Probability Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation (Type 3): Can withstand and shrug off attempts to absorb his soul from Hades.
  • Power Absorption: Can hold the Blade of Olympus by its edge.
  • Corruption and Transmutation: Can ignore the dark energy of the Erebus Gate.

Just a short hand for his on-screen powers and resistances. A lot more I missed lol.

Back