• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cyberpunk Discussion Thread

Anywho @Pedr0_Jones in terms of David's 8-B calc there's been no sorta official side by side image with David when he was chromed up vs when he wasn't, also the timeskip that happened wasn't like a year later hell not even half a year im pretty sure so I'd say that shouldn't even be too much of a deal to use David's height before in the 8-B+ calc we already have

Oh yeah, true

Or maybe the anime started at 2071 and ended at 2076

Well, by any means, David really speedruned his life

Last edited:
Oh yeah, true

Or maybe the anime started at 2071 and ended at 2076

Well, by any means, David really speedruned his life
if you look on the wiki, there is a link to a reddit where the person who worked on edgerunners, says that david is 18 at the end of the series (so only a year passed)

Also let's remember that chrome can do things like give you the ability to make bullets freeze (for you), have cannons that blow people up, have super jump, and be bulletproof (some upgrades) so it's not illogical that David has increased in size due to putting on a lot of chrome. also remember that david literally had so much chrome that his body was literally able to separate.

if you look on the wiki, there is a link to a reddit where the person who worked on edgerunners, says that david is 18 at the end of the series (so only a year passed)
If we assume David was freshly 17 years old. If David was say, 17 and a half, only 6 months would need to pass for example, not a whole year.

why? why not just put that cyberpunk edgerunners happened in 2075, a year passed, then another year.
simple.
here is stated.
We can't assume a year passed at all is what I'm trying to say. The only way a year would've passed is if we assume David JUST turned 17 in the first episode. If he was 17 and a half, only 6 months would've passed before he turned 18. Heck, if he even turned 17 1 day before the first episode, only 364 days would've needed to pass. Which is 1 day short of a year. Due to the lack of information regarding how much time passed, we can't really make assumptions.

wasn't like a year later hell not even half a year im pretty sure so I'd say that shouldn't even be too much of a deal to use David's height
David by Episode 7 was a full body replacement cyborg:
Doc: Well, your affinity for cyberware is fսcking nuts, I'll grant you that. Ain't never seen a kid bogged out quite like this. Lotta other peeps woulda cut by now. Believe yourself to be special?

David: Must just be special, I guess.

Doc: Ha! Makes you Adam Smasher 2.0, choom.
To add when David is put in the powered armor his arms, legs and groin are all detachable. This is similar to some other full body cyborg bodies that require the user to basically just be a torso or a brain to work. Smasher also notes that he has a massive amount of cyberware
Adam Smasher: You're packing some pretty heavy artillery for your size, boy. I'm surprised you could string two words together.
When David's dying we can also see into his torso and even into his skull, and they're almost all robotic.

What I'm trying to get at is that David after episode 6 is like 80-90% cyborg like Lizzy, Adam Smasher or some of the more extreme Cyberpsychos. His size would have no dependency on him just getting taller, he's chromed out. Its why his head looks hilariously small compared to his torso and arms at times, because its not natural.

David by Episode 7 was a full body replacement cyborg:

To add when David is put in the powered armor his arms, legs and groin are all detachable. This is similar to some other full body cyborg bodies that require the user to basically just be a torso or a brain to work. Smasher also notes that he has a massive amount of cyberware

When David's dying we can also see into his torso and even into his skull, and they're almost all robotic.

What I'm trying to get at is that David after episode 6 is like 80-90% cyborg like Lizzy, Adam Smasher or some of the more extreme Cyberpsychos. His size would have no dependency on him just getting taller, he's chromed out. Its why his head looks hilariously small compared to his torso and arms at times, because its not natural.

something funny, is that apparently you can chrome your penis, but why the hell do you want a chrome penis? What, would you throw urine with oil?

chrome your penis, but why the hell do you want a chrome penis?
Probably two reasons:

Body Dysmorphia: In-universe look at Mr. Stud. It promises that you'll be able to last as long as you want to and it advertises more satisfaction. It also feeds into the insecurities of men in regards to size.

Chrome Issues: If you're replacing your hips and legs, it's likely far more effort than it's worth to keep your genitals intact. Since you would need to work around the organ to get everything attached/installed. I'd imagine it would just be simpler to just replace whatever you got down there after a certain point. In David's case if you're like 80-90% Cyborg then it's probably just not worth the effort to keep the D natural.

The guy who you had to help in 2077 whose replacement was fried😭😭

David has ridiculous levels of resistance to pain, aside from the fact that he can be conscious even when his spine or lungs are removed.

Also just so yall know, rolling Initiative is 1d10+REFLEXES, so if Sandevistan adds +3 Initiative. So REFLEXES+d10 directly translates into Initiative, so whatever bonus Sandevistan gives might be quantifiable if looked into.

Also just so yall know, rolling Initiative is 1d10+REFLEXES, so if Sandevistan adds +3 Initiative. So REFLEXES+d10 directly translates into Initiative, so whatever bonus Sandevistan gives might be quantifiable if looked into.
Similar to the speed increase percentages that the 2077 game has

I'll probably wait on Qawdsef's input, but say a character with REF 8 goes against a character with REF 5. The character with REF 6 is only good at dodging melee attacks only, while REF 8 can dodge bullets. They both roll the same on Initiative, but the REF 6 character has his Sandevistan, now he wins Initiative and gets to act first.

Also I found something new but characters with REF 8 can dodge while on a motorbike with the Enhanced Interface Plug Integration (which is just a connection that keeps the driver more in tune with their vehicle so that their reactions are instant with the vehicle), not specified whether they can do it both full speed towards the bullets as opposed to running away, but this could be considered.
unknown.png

Back