• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cyberpunk Discussion Thread

I believe it depends on the universe he's fighting against. Typically even with the minor amount of organic matter left on Smasher would indicate he has a soul.

I had that earlier but I felt it may be to wordy. I could clip it and change it if that's what people want to go with.

All of these are values that have been accepted as of now for all my calcs

Calc 1: 842.333333 (Supersonic) literally right off of Supersonic+
Calc 2: 511.472592m/s (Supersonic)
Calc 3: 220.502869m/s (Subsonic+) abysmal
Calc 4: 718.629748m/s (Supersonic)

if someone manages to get better footage please send it over since I'm having no luck getting any of my hypersonic and Supersonic+ ends through the door however even without them being accepted I can say for certain that with the calcs I did hypersonic was at least just as common an end as the supersonic ones were so definitely leaves the door there open thereby leaving the door open for much higher tiered speeds thanks to the sandevistan multipliers

I know officially speaking according to Cyberpunk Friday Night Shootout that 80% of fights take place within 21 feet (6.4 meters) and 40% of that 80% takes place in distances within 8 feet (2.4 meters)
this is good to note I may just do some calcs of just that 2.4 meters using the tabletop game mechanics as justifications for the calc with 8 reflexes being enough to dodge all gunfire given a good enough roll, @Naitodesu can you explain in detail how the dodging works in the tabletop stuff do you move to different spaces once you do dodge?

There actually isn't a mention of whether you move a certain number of spaces when you dodge, but I think it depends also on the specific dodge check. It would be safe to assume that at most, a character moves 2 meters/yards (we'll still need to determine which end works because Cyberpunk uses both) when they dodge because this is what's used for Evasion checks to escape Blast Radius of an explosive.

There actually isn't a mention of whether you move a certain number of spaces when you dodge, but I think it depends also on the specific dodge check. It would be safe to assume that at most, a character moves 2 meters/yards when they dodge because this is what's used for Evasion checks to escape Blast Radius of an explosive.
well shit tabletop may have better feats off of that alone dodging a tech weapon and moving about the same distance it has to cover all in one will easily yield hypersonic results

Not sure how much this'd help out the verse, but IIRC, in the Anime, there are some scenes where guns or some weapon completely turns a human into red paste/red mist. I think it'd be fine to assume all bones in the body were completely destroyed, which according to the references for common feats page is 583.398 Kilojoules. A bit higher than the Gorilla Arms feat. This would scale to anyone who can takes shots from the weapon that did the feat (Pretty sure it was done by Maine).

there are some scenes where guns or some weapon completely turns a human into red paste/red mist.
Afaik its with Maine's arm cannon and Rebecca's LMG (though her stuff only involved the torso).

and @Qawsedf234 thoughts on these?
Well they aren't bad, but yeah I was expecting more. I guess it can be inconsistent with what Tech weapons they can and can't dodge.

More heavily armored/durable guys would theoretically scale to tanking explosives that have about a 5-7 meter/yard radius, which goes up to a few million joules if taken point blank (though this would be the total upper bound)

Funny video Smasher just gets absolutely blitzed and shit on he can't even take out one Cyberpsycho and is just a slow clunky mess though he never was made for this kind of group fight it's pretty sad when he's focused on one enemy and just attacks whist standing still no matter how close they are with them just eating what he throws at them

It's probably been the most requested thing every since 1.6 now that Edgerunners is released and people have been taking a real look at Smasher's fight mechanics and A.I. dude sucks in game

To be fair, this is the case with Fromsoft games with bosses who killed hundreds in lore but fold against like ten enemies in the actual boss fight

You'd have to overhaul the fight for that to happen. I think the big issue is that if you want a big Edgerunner's-esq spectacle fight I don't think Cyberpunk is correctly set up for that. You have to make Smasher generic enough for everyone to fight him and since he's a required fight and not an optional fight like Malenia or the Nameless King he can't be too difficult to go against.

Like at the moment if they had to adjust it they would need to either adjust scaling, make different versions of Adam Smasher depending on the PCs level or swap him out with someone else and make the fight some bonus thing.

I'm not saying he should be, but since he's a required fight and you have to account for different playstyles Smasher can't be too well rounded or focused. But it usually means a hyper-optimized V will just roll him. The best choice for Smasher would've probably been just make different versions of the character based on what level the PC is and give him more stuff based on that.

Hey in episode 9 of the anime David yanks two vehicles hard enough to flip them, without even having the cyberskeleton.

I think this could be used for LS and potentially AP of his Post-Timeskip body.

The feat happens at 11:20 of episode 9.

To be fair, this is the case with Fromsoft games with bosses who killed hundreds in lore but fold against like ten enemies in the actual boss fight
Yeah I love those videos too lol
You'd have to overhaul the fight for that to happen. I think the big issue is that if you want a big Edgerunner's-esq spectacle fight I don't think Cyberpunk is correctly set up for that. You have to make Smasher generic enough for everyone to fight him and since he's a required fight and not an optional fight like Malenia or the Nameless King he can't be too difficult to go against.

Like at the moment if they had to adjust it they would need to either adjust scaling, make different versions of Adam Smasher depending on the PCs level or swap him out with someone else and make the fight some bonus thing.
Nah I don't but dude definitely needs major rework and A.I improvements to at least make it stand better on it's own

Nah I don't but dude definitely needs major rework and A.I improvements to at least make it stand better on it's own
Yeah. Really for me the hardest part is that most of the time I braindead into melee builds and the only time I die to him are the ones where I accidently eat like fifty missiles at once rather than anything else.

Hey in episode 9 of the anime David yanks two vehicles hard enough to flip them, without even having the cyberskeleton.

I think this could be used for LS and potentially AP of his Post-Timeskip body.

The feat happens at 11:20 of episode 9.
I think this feat shouldn't be ignored.

Yeah. Really for me the hardest part is that most of the time I braindead into melee builds and the only time I die to him are the ones where I accidently eat like fifty missiles at once rather than anything else.
Literally how I play and what my current build is that's why I'm gonna try and play full netrunner type here but even cyberpunk aside that's how I do most of my builds in other stuff like soulsborne games tho I do spec into faith in those as well

I think this feat shouldn't be ignored.
Afaik I don't think he yanks them. The Edgerunner car shoots the harpoon, David catches it and places the harpoon on the other side of a rock and then tells Falco to hit the breaks.

The most he does it maybe hold the harpoon in place, but even then the harpoon has rocket thrusters and is digging into a rock, so its not all him either.

Dunno if it means much, but in Cyberpunk 2020: Heavy Metal page 57-58 the following is said:
Getting slapped around by powered armor is like sumo wrestling an automoblike. Suits of ACPA make martial arts possible on a vehicular level! The force of strikes by powered armor is based on the Strength of the chassis. Divide the STR by 9, roundingn to the nearest whole number. A hand strike will do that many ten sided dice in damage. Such a hand will do an additional die in crushing damage (Remember, you must grapple before doing a crush.) Kicks do 50% more damage that a hand strike (against, rounding to the nearest whole number).

Punch forumla: STR/9 (rounded to nearest whole number) = XD10

Crushes: (X+1)D10

Kicks: [X+(X/2)]D10

Therefore a suit with a 2000 kilo capacity

Punches with 4D10

Crushes with 5D10

Kicks with 7D10 (Ouch!).

While not surprising on one level (after all, battlegloves on human arms do 1D6+3 punching and 3D6 crushing), still, the force is overwhelming and irresistible. A comparison with the rules for vehicular ramming on page 113 of CP2020, shows that getting punched by a 2000kg capacity suit is a little like getting hit by a car going forty MPH.
So its possible that, scaling wise, anything doing >4D10 damage is hitting harder than a car going 40 MPH.

Dunno if it means much, but in Cyberpunk 2020: Heavy Metal page 57-58 the following is said:

So its possible that, scaling wise, anything doing >4D10 damage is hitting harder than a car going 40 MPH.
How much force do you need to exert this much force again?

Afaik I don't think he yanks them. The Edgerunner car shoots the harpoon, David catches it and places the harpoon on the other side of a rock and then tells Falco to hit the breaks.

The most he does it maybe hold the harpoon in place, but even then the harpoon has rocket thrusters and is digging into a rock, so its not all him either.
Oh I misinterpreted the feat. He is holding the harpoon against the rock. But even still, if not for his strength the car would've just continued without resistance.

Tho I am not sure if it is calculatable, unfortunately.

Back