• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cyberpunk Discussion Thread

So in total
  • Samson Adam Smasher, V, and post-timeskip David get scaled to this feat
  • Dragoon Adam Smasher, V and a post-timeskip David get this calc added to their speed section
  • V has to get tabbers
  • Dunno what we're making Pre-Timeskip David since he's like, a fleshy human until he gets Cyber-Implants and most of them aren't combat-related.

Dunno what we're making Pre-Timeskip David since he's like, a fleshy human until he gets Cyber-Implants and most of them aren't combat-related.
Maybe note his increased stamina and other abilities even if they aren't combat related most are listed anyways and we may have 9-A scaling for david as well I'm not sure I recall there was some talk about calcing a explosion feat

Ill get back to calcing feats for the anime. Though I'd like to note that we could scale characters like Adam Smasher to the AP of guns with turn people into paste in the anime. Which as a lowball is slightly higher into wall level than that calc (going by common feats pages compressive strength of human bones). He does tank Rebecca's shotgun after all.

Ill get back to calcing feats for the anime. Though I'd like to note that we could scale characters like Adam Smasher to the AP of guns with turn people into paste in the anime. Which as a lowball is slightly higher into wall level than that calc (going by common feats pages compressive strength of human bones). He does tank Rebecca's shotgun after all.
This works, there's much better feats that could get higher into wall level and small buildings level that I'm sure that could be found

Though I'd like to note that we could scale characters like Adam Smasher to the AP of guns with turn people into paste in the anime.
For Samson Smasher? Yeah, it is mentioned a firing team is needed to take him down and his magnum can red mist a person's head.

I'll get to her when I can, I just need to read some tabletop supplements for whatever other things I need, also handling other stuff obvs

Dunno what we're making Pre-Timeskip David since he's like, a fleshy human until he gets Cyber-Implants and most of them aren't combat-related.
What's our policy on physically featless characters anyway? If someone's the absolute weakest in-verse in terms of physique do we just assume the worst and put them at 10-B or downscale them from the closest tangible feat?

What's our policy on physically featless characters anyway? If someone's the absolute weakest in-verse in terms of physique do we just assume the worst and put them at 10-B or downscale them from the closest tangible feat?
Well whatever we rate pre-timeskip david we can rate her by downscaling

What's our policy on physically featless characters anyway?
If theres no indication that they're any stronger than a normal human, usually Tier 10 as a default.

Like with no calcs we'd rate a gymrat at like 10-A, a "average" adult (or equivalent) at 10-B and a small person or child at 10-C.

Us to that guy who made that thread:
ratio-didnt-ask.gif

I mean we got a feat like this (2:15) which would be at least 9-C or maybe even 9-B considering how far and fast he managed to throw that turd with his punch

You capitalized the Y in your URL for "Lucy", so it leads to a blank page.

We don't use stuff like high for intelligence I'd say put Gifted

Also I just realized for the Dragoon thing I had missed a page for the armor. An important part is that the Dragoon body actually... well it has every vision option and a bunch of other stuff I forgot to add to Smasher. It's just that the humanity cost is hilariously high, which is why no one other than Smasher can be in the body without going Cyberpsycho or drugged to prevent higher brain functions.

If it does add a new ending, it'll be a NUSA/Militech parallel to the Arasaka ending.

Well since the major DLC is coming out within the next couple of months I say we move ahead with some minor changes:

Adam Smasher

Of all the profiles Adam would need the least amount of work. Basically just expanding his third key and making his ratings better justified.

Sandbox is here

V

V's profile is acceptable (though the render could use more work), but the big issue is their P&A key.
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Weapon Mastery, Martial Arts, Stealth Mastery, Cyborgization (Partial, can enhance their body by adding cybernetically empowered limbs, artificial organs, modifying frontal cortices, converting their arms into a blade or cannon, etc), Regeneration (Mid-Low, many perks allow the player to regenerate rapidly from gunshot wounds or even minor explosions), Resurrection (With the Second Heart cybernetic, V can revive himself to peak condition automatically), Statistics Amplification (Numerous cybernetics and perks allow V's damage, attack speed, movement speed, reactions to be increased), Perception Manipulation (Sandevistan, Reflex Tuners, Kerenzikov all slow V's perception of time when dodging, blocking, near death, aiming, or when V triggers it), Healing (Allows V's health to return to peak condition automatically during critical condition with the Biomonitor. Killing will also regain health using the Deathbolt perk.), Fire Manipulation (Utilizes thermal weaponry mods and makes use of incendiary grenades), Status Effect Inducement (With a wide variety of grenades, modifications, and Quickhacks), Enhanced Senses, Information Analysis (With Kiroshi optics, allows V to scan his environment to get information on people or objects), Hacking (Can Quickhack into machines and cybernetically enhanced people's biochip),Memory Manipulation (With hacking, can wipe out person's memory on their biochip), Paralysis Inducement, (With Cripple Movement Quickhack, can prevent enemies from moving or attacking), Mind Manipulation, Madness Manipulation (Can drive a cybernetically enhanced person into suicide, psychosis, or confusion), Durability Negation, Sleep Manipulation (Can incapacitate opponents with the tranquilizer rounds and the System Reset Quickhack), Homing Attack (With smartguns, shots can maneuver around cover or specifically aim towards people's heads , the projectile cannon also shares a targeting system which can occasionally maneuver shots around cover), Poison Manipulation (With chemical mods and toxic grenades), Electricity Manipulation (With electrical mods and emp grenades), Extrasensory Perception (Using a recon grenade or Ping allows V to find enemies in his surroundings,even through walls), Partial Invisibility (With Optical Camo, V becomes impossible to see within the visible spectrum of light. Rendering him invisible). Limited Sound Manipulation (With Lynx Paws, can reduce sound while moving by over 50%). Explosion Manipulation, Acrobatics (With Reinforced Tendons, can jump twice), Pseudo-Flight (With Thruster boots, can slow his descent from high falls), Technology Manipulation (Can cause high tech weaponry to malfunction or explode using Glitch Quickhack, can force explosives to explode using Detonate). Resistance to Elemental Manipulation, Status Effect Inducement and Hacking (With cybernetics, can become immune to fire, bleeding, shock, and poison damage. Can resist hacking with SELF-ICE).
The main issue is this: V is limited by their Cyberware. They cannot have a Sandevistan, Berserker and Cyberdeck active at the same time. Also stuff like V's leg implants cannot be exchanged. If V is using the Lynx Paws then they can't use the Fortified Ankles or the Reinforced Tendons at the same time. As such my proposal is as follows:
  • V needs multiple tabbers for their other implants. What I mean is that V would need both a Sandevistan, Cyberdeck and Berserk tab
  • For Cyberware I'm not 100% sure what to do here other than mention the implants they could have, but that might make using them for a fight difficult
  • We might need to define V better, this road map may help out
  • V's speed can be justified here: Where its noted enemies with the Kerenzikov can canonically dodge V's bullets but not their sword
Lucy and David

WIP Profiles: David / Lucy

Basically:
  • We need to get some justification for their 9-B ratings or change them. David has no (major) physical augmentations Pre-Timeskip to scale from. Post-Timeskip and with the Cyberskeleton he has calcs or scaling, but before we have some issues
  • Lucy also needs to have justifications for her 9-B rating. Her weapon canonically ignores durability and she's not really a physical bruiser. Her only known implants also don't have much to do with boosted physical strength either

Speed

So next thing to cover is changing people's speeds up. So far the only accepted calc is Dale's which sits at 718 m/s the other calc is here.

So about the second calc, I don't think its as good as suggested. This might be long so buckle in.

The following is the DV (Difficultly Value) for hitting a target at range with an Assault Rifle (what the railgun uses as a DV base)

Weapon Type0 to 6 m7 to 12 m13 to 25 m26 to 50 m51 to 100 m101 to 200 m201 to 400 m401 to 800 m
Assault Rifle1716151315202530

The following text is ranged combat
Ranged Combat is resolved:

Attacker's REF + Relevant Weapon Skill + 1d10

vs.

Defender's DV Determined by Range to Target and Weapon or Defender's DEX + Evasion Skill + 1d10*

*A Defender with a REF 8 or higher can choose to attempt to dodge a Ranged Attack instead of using the range table to determine the DV
The following is the Evasion skill
Evasion..................................................DEX
Skill for getting out of the way of someone attacking you in melee. A Character with REF 8 or higher can also use this Skill to dodge Ranged Attacks and Explosions.

At a Base 10, you're fast on your feet and when in need you can usually get out of the way. At a Base 14, you're quick enough to dodge most gangers and you can even hold your own against skilled combatants armed with monokatanas and monofilament whips. At a Base 18, you've trained your body to start moving before your brain even responds to what's happening around you.
Now for the following:
  • A default character using the "Recommended" charts will have a Max DEX of 8
  • Every character class is recommended to have a Evasion of 6
That means a character is "confirmed" to be harder to hit automatically at 26 to 50 meters which results in the following:
  • 26 meters / 2438.4 meters per second = 0.01066 seconds
  • 0.5 Meters / 0.01066 = 46.9 m/s
Which isn't very wild speed wise.

At 2-6 meters they have a 60% chance (getting a 4 or higher) of avoiding the railgun, which would work out to:
  • 6 meters / 2438.4 meters per second = 0.00246 seconds
  • 0.5 meters / 0.00246 seconds = 203.252 m/s
or
  • 2 meters / 2438.4 meters per second = 0.00082 seconds
  • 0.5 meters / 0.00082 seconds = 609.756 seconds m/s
The only time it is mentioned that the characters move to a different square is with explosives, for gunfire it's not mentioned that the character moves, which limits them to the square they're in which would only suggest something like a 0.5 to 1 meters distance for moving parts of their body to avoid attacks.

So unless a recalc is accepted, everyone's speed would go to "Supersonic (718 meters), Hypersonic+ (7,180 meters)"

Anything else that would need to be addressed?

Well since the major DLC is coming out within the next couple of months I say we move ahead with some minor changes:

Adam Smasher

Of all the profiles Adam would need the least amount of work. Basically just expanding his third key and making his ratings better justified.

Sandbox is here

V

V's profile is acceptable (though the render could use more work), but the big issue is their P&A key.

The main issue is this: V is limited by their Cyberware. They cannot have a Sandevistan, Berserker and Cyberdeck active at the same time. Also stuff like V's leg implants cannot be exchanged. If V is using the Lynx Paws then they can't use the Fortified Ankles or the Reinforced Tendons at the same time. As such my proposal is as follows:
  • V needs multiple tabbers for their other implants. What I mean is that V would need both a Sandevistan, Cyberdeck and Berserk tab
  • For Cyberware I'm not 100% sure what to do here other than mention the implants they could have, but that might make using them for a fight difficult
  • We might need to define V better, this road map may help out
  • V's speed can be justified here: Where its noted enemies with the Kerenzikov can canonically dodge V's bullets but not their sword
Lucy and David

WIP Profiles: David / Lucy

Basically:
  • We need to get some justification for their 9-B ratings or change them. David has no (major) physical augmentations Pre-Timeskip to scale from. Post-Timeskip and with the Cyberskeleton he has calcs or scaling, but before we have some issues
  • Lucy also needs to have justifications for her 9-B rating. Her weapon canonically ignores durability and she's not really a physical bruiser. Her only known implants also don't have much to do with boosted physical strength either

Speed

So next thing to cover is changing people's speeds up. So far the only accepted calc is Dale's which sits at 718 m/s the other calc is here.

So about the second calc, I don't think its as good as suggested. This might be long so buckle in.

The following is the DV (Difficultly Value) for hitting a target at range with an Assault Rifle (what the railgun uses as a DV base)

Weapon Type0 to 6 m7 to 12 m13 to 25 m26 to 50 m51 to 100 m101 to 200 m201 to 400 m401 to 800 m
Assault Rifle1716151315202530

The following text is ranged combat

The following is the Evasion skill

Now for the following:
  • A default character using the "Recommended" charts will have a Max DEX of 8
  • Every character class is recommended to have a Evasion of 6
That means a character is "confirmed" to be harder to hit automatically at 26 to 50 meters which results in the following:
  • 26 meters / 2438.4 meters per second = 0.01066 seconds
  • 0.5 Meters / 0.01066 = 46.9 m/s
Which isn't very wild speed wise.

At 2-6 meters they have a 60% chance (getting a 4 or higher) of avoiding the railgun, which would work out to:
  • 6 meters / 2438.4 meters per second = 0.00246 seconds
  • 0.5 meters / 0.00246 seconds = 203.252 m/s
or
  • 2 meters / 2438.4 meters per second = 0.00082 seconds
  • 0.5 meters / 0.00082 seconds = 609.756 seconds m/s
The only time it is mentioned that the characters move to a different square is with explosives, for gunfire it's not mentioned that the character moves, which limits them to the square they're in which would only suggest something like a 0.5 to 1 meters distance for moving parts of their body to avoid attacks.

So unless a recalc is accepted, everyone's speed would go to "Supersonic (718 meters), Hypersonic+ (7,180 meters)"

Anything else that would need to be addressed?
make a calculation for the speed of sandevistan in edgerunners.

The last point I forgot to add. So one of the Writers and Game designers, Mr. James Hutt, did a Q&A on the REF 8 stuff. He says the following:
The answer to this question is if you're cool enough to be able to do this you get to say it's whatever you want, just as long as you follow the rules. If you're reacting to the gun being point at you and dodging before they can even pull the trigger and that's how you're dodging go ahead. If you're Neo from the Matrix go right ahead, just as long as you follow the same rules as the other guy who's dodging the other way. In his head because it's all about making a communal story.
So there's wiggle room allowing it to be aim dodging or bullet timing and both are noted as being equally valid.

By the way, what's the status on the Lifting Strength calc and rating for Adam Smasher and those who scale?

Also I see the justification for Lucy so I'm inclined to just give her maybe 10-B, 9-B with guns

By the way, what's the status on the Lifting Strength calc and rating for Adam Smasher and those who scale?

Also I see the justification for Lucy so I'm inclined to just give her maybe 10-B, 9-B with guns
Smasher already has calss G scaling from David no?

status on the Lifting Strength calc and rating for Adam Smasher and those who scale?
Basically no one would scale to Smasher lifting strength wise. Everyone he grapples he either kills or overpowers.

Classic Smasher has the same issues. I guess you could get some lifting strength ratings for Gorilla Arms since even in 2013 Cyberarms can canonically crush stuff like steel.

Dumb question from someone who's only sorta' seen Cyberpunk: Edgerunners:

Are the characters of the cartoon/anime, in their design, able to be considered as analogous to characters from the video game, or analogous to archetypes of video game characters?

Do any of them line up with classes or specific presets for protagonists or types of NPCs, for example?

Yeah the show goes out of its way to set it up as such tbh

I prior to the anime still played using sandevistan and gorilla arms in combat

Back