• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cyberpunk Discussion Thread

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
Welcome to the Cyberpunk Discussion Thread!

co7LKwC.png
RmtXk3M.png

Feel free to talk about anything Cyberpunk-related, whether it be the RPG, game, or the recent anime. All talk about the series is welcome.

Currently, there are a lot of discussions to be had about the power scaling of the series on this site. We are working on the following topics:
  • Creating a page explaining the canon of Cyberpunk.
  • Calculating the feats from the anime, RPG, and game.
  • Creating pages for more characters.
  • Expanding V's page.
  • Determining what feats are able to be used.
  • Scaling between the many canons of the series.
If you didn't already know, the Cyberpunk: Edgerunners anime is confirmed to be canon to not just Cyberpunk 2077's world, but the Cyberpunk series as a whole.

Last edited:
i just start watching it I also know about the game
Your help would be appreciated. If you could save some timestamps/episode numbers for when impressive shit happens while you're watching, that'd be great (Though if you don't wanna ruin your experience by doing that, I understand).

I will probably have to go through it again to collect all the feats.

Though, what episode are you on? What do you think of it so far?

There's a lot of speed and AP feats in the anime though. I need to rewatch it for scans and calculations.

I wanted to watch the Anime since I saw the trailer drop. Once i've watched it, I wouldn't mind lending it a hand. Anything for a trigger anime.

While I have little knowledge regarding the anime, it is said that Cyberpunk: Edgerunners is part of main Cyberpunk series according to Cyberpunk Wiki. Therefore, Cyberpunk 2077, this anime and Cyberpunk pen and paper RPGs are in the same continuity. You can know the exact canonity in "according to" link.

Cyberpunk Edgerunners seems to have taken place in 2076, one year before the game

Cyberpunk Edgerunners seems to have taken place in 2076, one year before the game
Cyberpunk Wiki has recognized it as part of main canonal series. Saying it to be part of Cyberpunk 2077 universe is an underestimation. It is part of Cyberpunk series, a series with pen and paper RPGs, a video game and an anime. Therefore, the Cyberpunk series is older than we though as it starts in 1988.

Since Cyberpunk series is much larger than we thought, I feel that the pen and paper RPGs should be considered as well (such as Adam Smasher) but we currently lack any people who know the pen and paper RPGs. Properly distinguishing different continuities of Cyberpunk series (as noted here) is something important here as characters such as Adam Smasher has
Full cyborg body heavily modified Samson frame, two sets of interface plugs, chip slot, pain editors, link set (smartgun, vehicle, data), optics suite (low-lite, thermograph, Times Square Plus, targeting scope, anti-dazzle), cyberaudio (radio, tight-beam radio, and cellular links with scrambler, scanner, enhanced range, amplified hearing, sound editor, level damper), wolvers in both arms, quickchange mounts, radiation shielding, biopod. Adam Smasher typically wears SP 20 armored coveralls when he's on the job (giving him a total SP of 42).
However, the information is from Firestorm series (specifically ACKERMAN-GRAY, D. Firestorm Shockwave. 1st ed., Berkeley, CA, R. Talsorian Games, 1997. (pg.22), as noted in Adam Smasher's page in Cyberpunk Wiki) and the same wiki consider Firestorm series as "revised timeline canon", which is different from "Main canonical series" including Cyberpunk 2077 and Cyberpunk: Edgerunners.

Currently, V may be the uncontroversial character hosted in VS Battles Wiki because he only appeared in Cyberpunk 2077, but we would eventually touch characters in which pen and paper RPGs are canon sources for them too and we should better prepare for this.

I can help get into the Cyberpunk tabletop given I have some of the manuals, and I've also played the game and watched the show
That would be good. Maybe the first thing we should do is to write a "what's main canon, what's revised canon and what's non-canon". While Cyberpunk Wiki has already done it, a consensus is needed to accept their standard and write it in the Cyberpunk (Games) page.

Dear god I forgot how many sourcebooks there are for each edition, I think we can just be content with taking from the main manuals for 2013, 2020 & RED and then just tackling supplements and sourcebooks in supplementary CRTs

Dear god I forgot how many sourcebooks there are for each edition, I think we can just be content with taking from the main manuals for 2013, 2020 & RED and then just tackling supplements and sourcebooks in supplementary CRTs
I think so. Still, a consensus for explanation of Cyberpunk series canon is something preferred since it would help new users to participate in improving profiles of Cyberpunk series.
I've watched the series, I can help.

I'd say it's a fairly haxxed 9-B verse
A video game with many items and a pen & paper RPG are two ways to become a haxxed verse.

At least we may hold the consensus that Cyberpunk: Edgerunners and Cyberpunk 2077 are not the only works of Cyberpunk series.

I'm interested I've played Cyberpunk since launch I'm always happy to help the series get more light shed on it

I think so. Still, a consensus for explanation of Cyberpunk series canon is something preferred since it would help new users to participate in improving profiles of Cyberpunk series.
I'm down for using the timeline stated on the wiki and the justifications handed out by Mike Pondsmith. He seems to be making space from 2030 for continuity with 2077 so I think 2013, 2020 and RED stuff is fair game for what we're focusing on with 2077 and Edgerunners given those seem to be the two main inspirations and bases for the game's place in the continuity

Last edited:
I think the only official height we have is Adam Smasher, otherwise, it might be worth looking at the supplements for clues for their height

Even for a general thread for the series as a whole I've gotta ask have we all played the game here or are some of us just familiar with the anime?

If you can DM me a pic of the craters/feat, I'd be willing to calc it. Would just need some info like the character's heights assuming they're standing next to the crater that I can get its size from.
There's some military vehicles that they are compared to. Hold on, let me see if I can find some more references.

Ow wait you’re talking about the crater and explosion feats in the anime, I thought you were talking about the nuke feat for some reason.

You know, come to think of it, would V's Sandevistan scale to David's? The anime kinda really buffs it to almost being time stop as opposed to just being Percep Manip like in-game

You know, come to think of it, would V's Sandevistan scale to David's? The anime kinda really buffs it to almost being time stop as opposed to just being Percep Manip like in-game
Yes it would indeed buff V's speed considerably

I wonder just how fast David's Sandevistan is. There's times where he completely statues bullets and moves dozens of meters. Kinda crazy.

It allowed David see rockets and even explosions in slow motion, and if the Quicksilver calculation for the MCU are anything to go by, that shit could possibly hit at least thousands of mach or even some percentage of the speed of light.

Edit: also keep in mind that it’s not just his perception but also his physical speed that is enhanced, which makes it very similar to those Quicksilver calculations I was referring to.

Last edited:
Back