• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crown of Dreams | Role play

"If your plan is to evade the searchers, it is better to leave the city after all, there are only a couple of days left until Regnok, so the authorities will increase and will be looking for anything suspicious to be sent to jail or the coliseum, we can probably come back in a week after Regnok when the guards calm down" Rex said
"Huh, well in that case..." the woman would hand him a strange looking glass shard. "Keep this for me. It's already..." reaching out her hand through the window, she'd press and make a square on the surface of the glass, making a beep before she pull back out.

"It's set to at least 2 days from now. After that, both me and my inventions will be teleported right near at the crystal..."

"Huh, well in that case..." the woman would hand him a strange looking glass shard. "Keep this for me. It's already..." reaching out her hand through the window, she'd press and make a square on the surface of the glass, making a beep before she pull back out.

"It's set to at least 2 days from now. After that, both me and my inventions will be teleported right near at the crystal..."
Rex seemed slightly annoyed, his grandfather had put a burden on him about being the leader of this team that he himself was already showing him that he lacked the means to lead, that was a pain in his pride, being useless.

"Okay, see you later" he took the invention as he left, trying to hide his small frustration in his tone of voice.

well it was time to look for Deel and leave

“Not really, I just been thinking about magic recently and this is the first time I talked to you in a while.” Jack says.
"Ahh, well..." Yoshioka would close the window and have her voice be echoed through a speaker. "Anything you wanna ask or talk about though? I'm kinda busy with..." boom "...with stuff, so- ermm..."

“I mean you are yet to answer my question, I will accept you not knowing and am willing to drop the topic if it is sensitive.” Jack says.
"I mean, I haven't had much thought on my powers aside from it being able to control memories and grows with me as I get stronger. But... what are your thoughts on it? Also, the law of association thingy..."

“The law of association in magic, not to be confused with the one for psychology, is often broken down into several smaller laws like the law of contagion which suggests every interaction creates a practically permanent connection between the participants that can make objects with a connection to a person because a useful component in spells targeting them and the law of similarities which basically makes it so things that are similar to each have a similar connection. These laws aren’t necessarily absolute but in some instances at least they hold water.” Jack explains.

“The law of association in magic, not to be confused with the one for psychology, is often broken down into several smaller laws like the law of contagion which suggests every interaction creates a practically permanent connection between the participants that can make objects with a connection to a person because a useful component in spells targeting them and the law of similarities which basically makes it so things that are similar to each have a similar connection. These laws aren’t necessarily absolute but in some instances at least they hold water.” Jack explains.
"Basically— in magic, when people interact, they form strong connections, items linked to them useful in spells, similar things have similar connections... Yeah?" Yoshioka asked, simplifying what he said.

"Yes!" Jack says.
"I guess that does apply to my memories given I can access people's past, even down to their powers if I get the chance..." she replied, "But, someone taught me that copying someone's talent doesn't make you better than the original."

There'd be a long moment of silence between the sounds of clanking and boot-up sequences mistaken for games, "I did agree to that notion, and soon... I came up with an answer..."

“Runes and grimores don’t exist as epitomes of protective magic, you want an amulet and we might be able to make one using your glass.” Jack says.

“Runes and grimores don’t exist as epitomes of protective magic, you want an amulet and we might be able to make one using your glass.” Jack says.
"We could consult for Sasha for that. Konoe has heard about Grimoires containing powerful protective magic, so... I'm not so sure if you're source of information is viable. No offense, just saying..."

Xordenia was snoring a little as she was in Konoe grasp or hanging around her, there was a slim chance to get this cat to get up and move, especially when others are willingly gonna carry her

Meanwhile Deel was having a bit of steam go off from his body now, along his skin being more red, akin to a person staying in scorching hot lands without any hats or clothing specifically for preventing direct brightness and heat

Yet he was still looking quite calm and relaxed, focusing continuously over what he said earlier to his comrades

"We could consult for Sasha for that. Konoe has heard about Grimoires containing powerful protective magic, so... I'm not so sure if you're source of information is viable. No offense, just saying..."
"A grimoire is basically just a textbook of magic, some also have magical properties themselves or contain information on how to cast powerful protection magic but that's not an inherent property. Amulets are usually small objects to that confer protection upon its possessor any grimoire that has innate magical properties that protect the owner also fall under the definition of amulet." Jack says.

"A grimoire is basically just a textbook of magic, some also have magical properties themselves or contain information on how to cast powerful protection magic but that's not an inherent property. Amulets are usually small objects to that confer protection upon its possessor any grimoire that has innate magical properties that protect the owner also fall under the definition of amulet." Jack says.
"Uhuh..." more forging and testing sounds— really busy. "I guess I could try to replicate that with my Glass, though I'd extensive research, hence we need to consult Sasha. Could you, like, call her here? If you don't mind..."

When Jack approached to see where Sasha was, in the distance he could notice the group already close to Deel, however someone else spoke to them before he arrived.

A voice spoke behind them several meters away, no one would have given it any importance if it weren't for the fact that it was directed at them.

“Yes, it's them, soldiers, they came to my store asking for intrusions for something that I really thought no one would go looking for,” would say an old woman, who was accompanied by three guards.

Rex, Noah and the old man had no idea who that old woman was.

However, Sasha, Jack and Deel could easily recognize her as the lady who gave them the location of that black region.

"Sorry for the inconvenience, we were informed that you have been searching for quite delicate information in this area, in addition to the fact that according to this woman you are accomplices of the people they are looking for in other parts of the world," said the guard while showing the Tiamat scale that a certain person had used as an exchange

“No idea what's going on, officer” Rex say, honestly confused.

"Don't worry, we will take them to the establishment, there they will be pre-processed (figuratively speaking), if there is something else then an investigation file will be opened, otherwise we will be let you go with an apology and a candy" would say one of the 3 guards.

“As for the lady, she will be taken to jail temporarily for further investigation.”

“Wait what?” she said confused.

“Yes, that information exceeds the allowed level of magic in the city by the laws established by the second War King, generally no one would be interested in practicing high-level magic in these lands when there are much better places, so it is almost never put in force, but the fact that there is someone with knowledge of a black region here makes us think that you are probably messing with things that are out of place" said the soldier.

The lady was confused, at first when these people came to her store looking for help for something so strange and they gave her a scale that emanated great magical power, she suspected that something was not right, when she saw the wanted cards it was just make a simple connection between the half dragon boy's face and the face on the wanted poster, if she were younger she probably wouldn't have said something about them, but she didn't have many years left before die, so she mentally thought that going and arresting them would be good, After all, what could go wrong?

Well now everyone including her would have to fight against the law if things go wrong

Deel would have been done with his objective from earlier, the red skin and steam were gone, he seemed to be good like always has been now

Yet this current trouble from the old lady now seems to be an annoying obstacle now they are facing currently

"If they wanna go rough, im more then eager to throw fists..."

Is what the comrades nearby him would hear from Deel as he cracks his fingers in anticipation of a most possible fight

(Does Jack hear this?)
(Yes but he is like around the corner)
Deel would have been done with his objective from earlier, the red skin and steam were gone, he seemed to be good like always has been now

Yet this current trouble from the old lady now seems to be an annoying obstacle now they are facing currently

"If they wanna go rough, im more then eager to throw fists..."

Is what the comrades nearby him would hear from Deel as he cracks his fingers in anticipation of a most possible fight
"No, I think it seems like they not want to fight, more like they're just doing their job" Noah mutters to as the guards watch them, it honestly seemed like they didn't want to make chaos in the area like this.

The group dealing with the soldiers suddenly hear Aonbharr in their head, “Deel stop digging a yourself a hole, and all of you get ready to play along.”

Jack takes the appearance of Deel as he turns the corner to the group. “So, you think all half dragons look the same!” Jack says loudly, approaching the woman and the soldiers. To start this interaction he wants to throw them off and make them more vulnerable to further manipulation. So, he uses his apathy to magnify any confusion or surprise the soldiers and woman experience from this turn in events.

"You propose to let ourselves captured?...Their job is still us...regardless...."
Before Noah could say anything, this happened.
The group dealing with the soldiers suddenly hear Aonbharr in their head, “Deel stop digging a yourself a hole, and all of you get ready to play along.”

Jack takes the appearance of Deel as he turns the corner to the group. “So, you think all half dragons look the same!” Jack says loudly, approaching the woman and the soldiers. To start this interaction he wants to throw them off and make them more vulnerable to further manipulation. So, he uses his apathy to magnify any confusion or surprise the soldiers and woman experience from this turn in events.
Right now, the soldiers were confused just like the old man, Rex, Sasha and Noah too but they decided to play along to avoid any problems.

"This is weird" the soldier was really confused, he scratched his chin.

"Damn it and I wanted to go to lunch early, but what's the matter, we have to do this job" mutters a soldier slightly annoyed by this change of event.

The third was thoughtful, something smelled bad about all this.

"..." the old woman didn't say anything for a moment

“So what is the problem here, he supposed gave some scale to this woman? Tell me miss can you tell me and him apart by looks.” Jack says walking next to Deel.

“So what is the problem here, he supposed gave some scale to this woman? Tell me miss can you tell me and him apart by looks.” Jack says walking next to Deel.
"Hhhmm, is this a trick? Anyway, the Tengu and there was someone else who is not here also went to my store," the woman murmured, remembering how Sasha and Jack arrived at her store.

"Maybe we should apply a stop to both of them, to be safe?" said one of the unsure soldiers, honestly they were giving more paperwork but he couldn't ignore it.

Aaron slowly moved through his father's compound, he knew he was seeing him lately he has been trying to reach out and talk, trying to be a good father, something strange, don't get it wrong, he loves his father but how this action of Interaction more than necessary becomes rarer.

"Will you move aside son?" Rassilon asked him, leaning on a wall behind his son, who turned around.

"I just want to walk and think, is there a problem?" he said.

Rassilon placed his metal hand on his chin in thought before walking over and putting his hand on his son's shoulder.

"Son, I know that lately our relationship hasn't been the best, work constantly requires a lot of concentration and you probably think I'm doing something wrong, but how about this, no work, no technology, no nothing for a week, just you and me in a camp in the forest, of course one without wild beasts, we don't want us to be devoured while we sleep hehe."

"I....would love to do that, dad" he would reply.

Faye was taking the beating of her life in this training, she knew her guard was good, after all he is one of her mother's general, probably the strongest Investiture user she knew if we didn't count her mother.

She accelerated, invading her steps with her white aura, trying to deliver a blow but would quickly be evaded by her master, who would punch her in the cheek but would not stop there, while she was moved by the blow, Faye was grabbed by her sweatshirt and then he throw her to the ground and to later give a kick that sent her around the corner rolling all the way.

"You concentrate too much on the way you are going to attack, but you don't think about how I will defend myself, plus you left your left side open unprotected when you tried to attack me with your right hand in an arrow style punch" the teacher told her.

Faye could barely hear, her body hurt, although she took note of what he said in her head.

"Well that will be all for today, it seems that your mother arrived" the general would say.

"See you Ikki, I'll continue lying here on the floor for a while" she would tell him without the strenght to get up, taking a good look at her white training clothes, they were dirty a lot, slight bruises and scratches on the parts without clothes, in addition to that she felt like her body was burning, even when he wasn't really using his Investiture, she could feel the immense heat that his soul gave off.

“Aonbharr, now.” Jack thinks as Aonbharr disguised as a black horse runs at the soldiers, carrying what seems to be a severed head (Jack’s turnip) in their mouth, kicking one before continuing to run.

The other nearby members to the group hear Aonbharr in their head say, “Part of the plan don’t interfere.”

Jack screams in faked surprise and fear as he tries to exploit the fact some kind of violent head stealing horse is probably both horrifying and a more immediate concern than an information leak by magnifying the soldiers emotional response to it hoping to reach the point of a stress induced heart attack but will settle for them just leaving to chase Aonbharr.

Back