• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crisis on Infinite Earths (CW) Official Discussion Thread

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
Crisis On Infinite Earths
Hey everyone. Hope you're all doing well today.

So, in case you haven't heard by now, the CW DC Universe is coming to what essentially amounts to its ultimate climatic ending with a new 5-Part Crossover Miniseries: Crisis on Infinite Earths, which will not only serve to wrap up both the Arrow and Flash series, but also presumably to merge the Supergirl Show Universe with the main Earth of the setting.

So, why is this such a big deal? Crisis Crossovers aren't anything new to the CW. We've had "Crisis on Earth X" last year, after all. And that had the Monitor himself showing up.

Well, the difference lies in the scale of the Crossover, as Crisis on Infinite Earths is not merely uniting characters from every single currently airing CW DC Show (Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Black Lightning, Supergirl, Batwoman, etc)... But also dozens of characters from past DC Adaptations. All played by returning actors. The sheer scale of what is happening is so vast that it honestly boggles the mind. And even I, who never cared very much for the Arrowverse, am looking forward to this Crossover for the sheer insanity of it all.

As of today (10/12/2019), we have the following characters confirmed / rumored to make an appearance.

• Brandon Routh, who last played the Man of Steel is Superman Returns, is returning to the iconic role to play an older version of the character. One which is very much inspired by the classic Kingdom Come storyline. It's not clear if this is intended to be an older Superman from an entirely new universe, or if he's playing an older version of Returns' Superman (Which would also mean that he is playing an older version of Christopher Reeves' Superma) as of today, though.
  • Kevin Conroy, an actor famous for his legendary portrayal of Batman in the DC Animated Universe and the Arkham Game Series, will be appearing in the flesh to play an older, retired version of Bruce Wayne. It's not clear if this Bruce Wayne will be from the same universe as Brandon Routh's older Superman, or something else entirely. Maybe it'll be a Batman Beyond inspired take on the character?
  • Tom Welling and Erica Durance, who last portrayed the characters of Clark Kent and Lois Lane in CW's own long-running Smallville series, are both returning to their roles. It has been confirmed that they are indeed playing their Smallville characters, thus retroactively making Smallville a part of the Arrowverse. This will also be the first time we'll see Tom Welling actually donning the Superman Suit on-screen for more than 5 seconds.
  • John Wesley Shipp is returning to the Arrowverse for the Crisis Crossover. The actor has already made multiple appearances in the Arrowverse, both as Jay Garrick and as an older Barry Allen from a parallel universe, who in turn is the same Barry Allen from the short-lived 1990 Flash Series in which he starred. Thereby making the 1990 Flash Show also a part of the Arrowverse.
  • Ashley Scott, who portrayed the character of Huntress in the short-lived 2002 Birds of Prey Series, is also returning to portray the role in the crossover. Of course, this means that said series has also become a part of the Arrowverse.
  • Burt Ward, actor famous for his portrayal of the Boy Wonder Robi in the now iconic 1966 Adam West Batman Series, is confirmed to appear in an yet-undisclosed role. It's not certain if he's portraying an older version of his character from the 60s serial, but leaked Set Photos suggest that this may indeed be the case. Now, if only Adam West was still alive...
  • It has also been confirmed that, in some fashion or another, the Tim Burton / Michael Keaton Batman movies will at least be referenced in the Crisis Crossover, thus also making them retroactively a part of the Arrowverse. Whether we will see any returning actors / characters from that series on screen, however, remains to be seen.
  • Tom Ellis, famous for his portrayal of Lucifer Morningstar in the Lucifer TV / Netflix Series, will be making an appearance as the Lord of Hell himself. This is HUGE, because not only does it make the Lucifer Series a part of the Arrowverse, but also because it directly ties all the Heaven and Hell, Angels and Demons elements seen throughout the Arrowverse (Primarily in the Constantine and Legends of Tomorrow series) to those of Lucifer. So it is my guess that the God of the Arrowverse and the God of the Lucifer Show are actually one and the same, and that the 'First of the Fallen' talked about in Constantine is actually Lucifer prior to his retirement to Los Angeles.
... And that's about it. At least for now. There have also been rumors that Lynda Carter, famous for her portrayal of Wonder Woman in the 1977 series, and who's already appeared in the Arrowverse as an unrelated side character, would be returning to her role. Similarly, it's been rumored that the Crossover will have characters from the Titans / Doom Patrol Streaming Shows making an appearance. But of course, that remains to be seem.

And frankly, even if both rumors never turn out to become a reality, the crossover as it is already boggles the mind of any viewer. I don't think there has been anything quite like it ever put to Film or Television in the past. Even Endgame seems small by comparison, as that only had characters from the same universe owned by the same studio which were all made over a span of a single decade. Crisis on Infinite Earths, meanwhile, is looking like it'll have the whole DC Kitchen Sink in it. That's crazy.

So, what do you guys think. Are you all excited for Crisis? I know I am.

P.S: Also. Please, when this does finally air, have the common decency not to retroactively make the whole universe High 4-C when Smallville Superman and CW Superman are inevitably shown as comparable to one another. Okay? Thx.

Matthew Schroeder said:
P.S: Also. Please, when this does finally air, have the common decency not to retroactively make the whole universe High 4-C when Smallville Superman and CW Superman are inevitably shown as comparable to one another. Okay? Thx.
Alright fam we'll downgrade Smallville ASAP

I haven't watched like, most of the stuff here but you wanted comments so blam

I have not watched a lot of this either but you hooked me with Lucifer.

>Wrap up the Flash series

I in fact hadn't heard of this which looks bad on me as the Arrowverse guy...unless that's just an assumption

It would kinda be cool if Bruce Lee actually appeared in Legends of Tomorrow. Especially if he ends up being 9-A lol

Adam West Batman used some extremely high decibel device against a tiger which would have turned the universe into a black hole if the writers did their forking math

Also, Bruce Lee is obviously Low 2-C for being the origin of Ultra Instinct

2-A CW via scaling everyone to comics anti monitor when

DMUA said:
Adam West Batman used some extremely high decibel device against a tiger which would have turned the universe into a black hole if the writers did their forking math

Also, Bruce Lee is obviously Low 2-C for being the origin of Ultra Instinct
You're wrong. It was the sheer badassery of Batman and a tiger being in the same room together that canceled it out.

Arrowverse Anti-Monitor will at least multiversal, given it's confirmed they will recreate the opening of the comic (aka, the Anti-Monitor destroying some universes).

Also, holy hell, I didn't know about Tom Ellis' Lucifer also being involved. I can't wait for this.

I mean, I'm extremely hype for this, but it's still like 2 months before it starts, so all we can talk about is the confirmed guests.

That said, once I'm done with a CRT for the Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut verse, I might look into Kara's feats to see if High 4-C Kryptonians is actually an outlier.

Well there were some weird-ass black hole feats in recent episodes but yeah Planetary and Star level feats for CW is an outlier.

Smallville isn't.

He might even scale above guys like Mallus. Although, hasn't the first of the fallen already appeared in Arrowverse? I think Constantine also introduced its own Lucifer

Are you sure Flash is also ending? I know about Arrow's end but this is the first time I'm hearing of Flash ending with it.

I don't read comics so I'm not sure, but isn't this what happens there as well? That is, the First of the Fallen being separate from Lucifer

Iceber1234 said:
Are you sure Flash is also ending? I know about Arrow's end but this is the first time I'm hearing of Flash ending with it.
I'm sure Flash isn't ending, at least not yet. They even mentioned the current season will be split in 2 halves, pre-Crisis and post-Crisis.

Yeah. I don't usually demand much, but my expectations are set sky high for just this occasion

It seems obvious that Oliver will die. I hope they don't try subverting expectations and just kill him off. It would be the best way to end his character.

How his death will play a role in the resolution, is what I'm really curious about

I'm gonna go with the obvious answer and say Green Arrow will pull an heroic sacrifice to save someone that will play a key role on defeating the Anti-Monitor.

Back