• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cringiest Characters On The Wiki

Eh, she has a gigantic list of stories where she breaks up with the guy and just does her own shit (Like simp for Poison Ivy) and they're oftentimes pretty good. She's just really overused and seeing her everywhere kinda tiring but that's a DC problem and shouldn't be the sole reason she's cringe
I will admit that Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn are great together.

Still can't ignore the fact that she simped over Joker, though.

sans is technically cringe. He only kills you if you murder absolutely everyone. Otherwise he lets you live even if you murdered his brother

I mean, at least most competent writers know that it's unhealthy and portray it as such. Plus are you really going to put her here for being in an abusive controlling relationship?
Just because the writers are self-aware doesn't make it any better.

I'll keep her off though because Poison Ivy x Harley Quinn is based.

Should Harley Quinn be on here?

I mean, I find it hilariously ironic that her, a psychiatrist, was manipulated by The Joker, and simps for him, despite the relationship being toxic asf?
As a student of psychology; believe me, we ain't immune. It is 100% not the same thing giving a diagnosis than to receive one. Even with experience.

We are taught to empathize with the patient. Harley wanted to believe Joker. It is factually impossible to force someone to change, only the willing do that. Joker knew it and took advantage of it. Then circumstances played in his favor when Batman decided to be a bit more brutal than usual, leaving credence to what Joker said to Harley.

So Harley was the perfect subject for manipulation: Someone inexperienced, tasked to psychoanalyze the second most dangerous mind in gotham after Batman himself, willing to believe whatever her patient said, and said patient by circumstance being shown to be right in her mind, atop of an already sick mind. Her downfall makes perfect sense.

As for constantly being put up with a toxic relationship, that's even more complex and not something I'm comfortable talking about here. But yeh, it's not nearly as cringe as people make it out to be, and it's in fact uncomfortably realistic.

As a student of psychology; believe me, we ain't immune. It is 100% not the same thing giving a diagnosis than to receive one. Even with experience.

We are taught to empathize with the patient. Harley wanted to believe Joker. It is factually impossible to force someone to change, only the willing do that. Joker knew it and took advantage of it. Then circumstances played in his favor when Batman decided to be a bit more brutal than usual, leaving credence to what Joker said to Harley.

So Harley was the perfect subject for manipulation: Someone inexperienced, tasked to psychoanalyze the second most dangerous mind in gotham after Batman himself, willing to believe whatever her patient said, and said patient by circumstance being shown to be right in her mind, atop of an already sick mind. Her downfall makes perfect sense.

As for constantly being put up with a toxic relationship, that's even more complex and not something I'm comfortable talking about here. But yeh, it's not nearly as cringe as people make it out to be, and it's in fact uncomfortably realistic.
oh you're a psychologist?
name every psychic pokemon then

W analysis.

This one on the other hand is cringe

Literally a joker simp and probably a fangirl's self-insert. No nuance whatsoever or any deep characterization (That I know of). And she only exists to capitalize on the batfamily

I hate her, she should not exist

Literally a joker simp and probably a fangirl's self-insert. No nuance whatsoever or any deep characterization (That I know of). And she only exists to capitalize on the batfamily

This I 100% agree.

I'd say above or below Sakura will suffice.

Both are simps for well-known killers (though Sasuke legit tried to kill Sakura on a few occasions, so Sakura might be a bit worse).

Wait seriously? Wow, and I was about to submit Shadow the Hedgehog for being the icon of edgy
Sasuke is way worse than Shadow. Though to be fair, he is after all a teenager given incredible amounts of power and with genetic emotional issues.

Still cringe as hell tho, which makes it way worse for Sakura.

Edit: Like, the fact that Kishimoto had to basically invent an apparent genetic flaw in the uchiha bloodline of being "too loving" just to even try and make Sasuke's shit as having any sort of legitimacy showcases just how cringe his shit is.

Rey cringe though, even without the "mary sue" argument, she is just super forgettable as a character. The only thing I can remember about her is that she was constantly angry, and Finn was constantly screaming for her. Her backstory just a total mess and ****** with. So yeh, cringe.

Rey cringe though, even without the "mary sue" argument, she is just super forgettable as a character. The only thing I can remember about her is that she was constantly angry, and Finn was constantly screaming for her. Her backstory just a total mess and ****** with. So yeh, cringe.
Who are you talking about, and what verse are they from?

Berdly from deltarune definitely deserves a small spot on the list. Dude acts like he's smarter than everyone and while he does good stuff, he did act super cringe. I mean this...

Her execution was cringe. The character itself, I wouldn't say so. The entire Sequel Trilogy was so badly directed and produced it magnified the cringe aspects.

But seriously, the most cringy aspect of Rey is her constant need of needing to be validated through others. That's not nearly enough to even compete with the lowest here.

But seriously, the most cringy aspect of Rey is her constant need of needing to be validated through others. That's not nearly enough to even compete with the lowest here.
Constantly needing validation isn't as bad as Izuku.

Still can't over the fact that bro damn near had a heart attack over the fact that he talked to a girl on the phone.

Built like a left-handed coomer.

Also an absolute dickwad to their superiors and subordinates, always plotting to try and kill both just because they can. Make faulty deals that they can break at any moment which applies to even their allies. Is so hated that despite having summoning powers, they can't summon anyone because nobody likes them and might die if summoned.

This is a species by the way and all of them act like that

Her execution was cringe. The character itself, I wouldn't say so. The entire Sequel Trilogy was so badly directed and produced it magnified the cringe aspects.

Hm, fair enough. I would suggest other Sequel characters but, I think it's more along the lines of terrible directing and writing. In the meantime...

I would consider canon William Afton, since the writers somehow make him always come back through very bullshit means. Fire? Nah, he's still walking around. Killed? Oh, his mind became digital. We don't even know his original purpose for killing children, just, he did so for some unexplained reason. His appearance as Scraptrap is hideous, and everyone was pretty tired of him coming back in Security Breach.

luckily my boy destroyed her and her universe

This is canon for me

I would consider canon William Afton, since the writers somehow make him always come back through very bullshit means. Fire? Nah, he's still walking around. Killed? Oh, his mind became digital. We don't even know his original purpose for killing children, just, he did so for some unexplained reason. His appearance as Scraptrap is hideous, and everyone was pretty tired of him coming back in Security Breach.
I mean, even without a writing perspective, the dude literally killed his partner's kid for no reason, and then proceeded to kill a bunch of other kids without reason as well. Even though we did get a reason as to why he killed the kids later (basically just, magic soul metal), we don't get any reasoning as to why he killed the first set of children in the first place.

Edit: Made this make more sense.

Back