• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Biggest virgins on the wiki

Iirc he wiped half of the universe to get Death's attention, only to be beaten by Deadpool, and he's so salty, he made Deadpool immortal so he can't be with Death
Kinda virgin behavior but he also did tons of badass villain stuff during that so idk

Natsuki Subaru probably
He has too many chads moments to be here.

Like going in depth he died multiple times just to learn Emilia's name, then during the mansion events again instead of running away dies multiple times to save Rem and Ram, due to them showing him kindness.

His behavior at the Royal Selection is some of the cingest and most "virgin" thing i have ever seen, it's still painful to watch episode 13 of the anime.

But then you get to the starting from zero, where he becomes a better character, Crusch admits if she didn't have her dream, she would have fallen for him. Rem is also completely obsessed with him, honestly Rem, and Ram are some of the biggest simps in Re Zero, both twins were obsessed with dudes, who loved other women with lighter hair color.

Speaking of that don't get me started on Roswaal this dude has lived 400 years obsessed with one woman, i think that takes the cake for biggest simp in Re Zero, and Echidna doesn't even like nor is interested in him, she is interested in Subaru.

So Ram loves Roswaal, who loves Echidna, Echidna "loves" Subaru, that's in quotation marks cause she is a sociopath who doesn't understand emotions, Subaru loves Emilia.

As for Subaru besides what i mentioned before he convinced Beatrice to leave the mansion, despite nobody else in 400 years being able to do, she would give her life to protect him, there is Shaula in arc 6, who is obsessed with Subaru, more so Flugel, but whatever.

Rem can be taken off the list of biggest Re Zero simp, cause Subaru does reciprocate the love eventually, but she has some cringe moments like getting hot and bothered while smelling Subaru's clothes, sucking on his thumbs before he wakes up and getting hot and bothered? The last bit i don't remember the exact context but i clearly remember Rem being horny over Subaru's thumb.

Emilia as of recent times is also clearly in love with Subaru, just doesn't understand that she is.

But Roswaal? Yes he has slept with many woman, but that was just to further his goal of getting Echidna back, this guy has gone so far for one woman, where he has himself become a woman.... Sleeping with random dudes just to get a descendant he can possess, to continue looking for ways to bring his dead wiafu back.

400 years of simping can't be beat.

Last edited:
He has too many chads moments to be here.

Like going in depth he died multiple times just to learn Emilia's name, then during the mansion events again instead of running away dies multiple times to save Rem and Ram, due to them showing him kindness.

His behavior at the Royal Selection is some of the cingest and most "virgin" thing i have ever seen, it's still painful to watch episode 13 of the anime.

But then you get to the starting from zero, where he becomes a better character, Crusch admits if she didn't have her dream, she would have fallen for him. Rem is also completely obsessed with him, honestly Rem, and Ram are some of the biggest simps in Re Zero, both twins were obsessed with dudes, who loved other women with lighter hair color.

Speaking of that don't get me started on Roswaal this dude has lived 400 years obsessed with one woman, i think that takes the cake for biggest simp in Re Zero, and Echidna doesn't even like nor is interested in him, she is interested in Subaru.

So Ram loves Roswaal, who loves Echidna, Echidna "loves" Subaru, that's in quotation marks cause she is a sociopath who doesn't understand emotions, Subaru loves Emilia.

As for Subaru besides what i mentioned before he convinced Beatrice to leave the mansion, despite nobody else in 400 years being able to do, she would give her life to protect him, there is Shaula in arc 6, who is obsessed with Subaru, more so Flugel, but whatever.

Rem can be taken off the list cause Subaru does reciprocate the love eventually, but she has some cringe moments like getting hot and bothered while smelling Subaru's clothes, sucking on his thumbs before he wakes up and getting hot and bothered? The last bit i don't remember the exact context but i clearly remember Rem being horny over Subaru's thumb.

Emilia as of recent times is also clearly in love with Subaru, just doesn't understand that she is.

But Roswaal? Yes he has slept with many woman, but that was just to further his goal of getting Echidna back, this guy has gone so far for one woman, where he has himself become a woman.... Sleeping with random dudes just to get a descendant he can possess, to continue looking for ways to bring his dead wiafu back.

400 years of simping can't be beat.
Agreed

I feel stupid for forgetting about these two.

Specifically Mai Shiranui, KOF version only.

Andy Bogard here, rejected Mai's advances so hard and so often that Mai turned to that. It should bear mentioning that the in universe King of Fighters tournaments are treated like the Olympics, if not with even more importance.

All cuz the man wanted to train and team with his bro.

But wait there is more, if we wanna say that Roswaal sleeping with women takes away from being far up this list, (though i think simping for 1 woman for 400 years, even becoming a woman himself, counterbalances this, i introduce you to Regulus Corneas, incel personified.

After becoming the Sin Archbishop of Greed murdered his entire family, then the villagers who looked down on him, followed by the people from the nearby town and then finally the inept heads of the country who carelessly abandoned Regulus' village and that nearby town he had already slaughtered.

He broke his childhood love's mind, slaughtered her family and forced her to marry him, thus forcing her to become his first of many wives. After doing all this Regulus finally saw a way to live–free of all worries, not needing anything as he considered himself satisfied as he was.

Basically Regulus considers himself as being the most satisfied person in existence, not wanting anything, but he is in fact the most greedy, hypocritical and arrogant. He constantly needs others to affirm his own self satisfaction, every single thing is a violation of his rights, this guy is a Karen, what's the male version of that anyway?

Anyway constant ramblings about his rights, look at him wrong? Violating his rights, kills or makes you suffer, Ignoring him? Violating his rights kills or makes you suffer.

The guy is over a hundred years old, and has had 291 wives and has never touched them, cause he wants them to remain pure, literally after abducting Emilia, the first thing he wanted to know is if she was a virgin, he is obsessed with pureness, any woman who isn't a virgin is a ***** to him, he also wants them to be mentally a virgin too, if that makes sense, you can't be interested in sex, in other words, cause that just proves they are a ***** in his warped logic.

The guy's criteria for picking his wives, is get this? Their face, that's all he cares about, and if any of them do the slightest thing to displease him, he turns them into mincemeat, nothing can ever be his fault, it's always someone else's, this is why the dude only has 78 wives left now.

Edit: So he goes around abducting women whose face he likes, while murdering their whole family, then force them to become his wives, and kills them if they displease him, but he even goes further he invades their heart literally, his belief is that a wife should naturally support their husband, and thus without them knowing he forcibly placed his own heart into them, Regulus is invincible except for one weakness his heart, so his wives are actively participating in their continued suffering without them even knowing.

Also when i mentioned a pretty face being his criteria, his wives also have to show no emotion, they have to be dolls in other words, if they don't then it's mincemeat time, he doesn't care about them at all, just their face.

Last edited:
But wait there is more, if we wanna say that Roswaal sleeping with women takes away from being far up this list, (though i think simping for 1 woman for 400 years, even becoming a woman himself, counterbalances this, i introduce you to Regulus Corneas, incel personified.

After becoming the Sin Archbishop of Greed murdered his entire family, then the villagers who looked down on him, followed by the people from the nearby town and then finally the inept heads of the country who carelessly abandoned Regulus' village and that nearby town he had already slaughtered.

He broke his childhood love's mind, slaughtered her family and forced her to marry him, thus forcing her to become his first of many wives. After doing all this Regulus finally sawa way to live–free of all worries, not needing anything as he considered himself satisfied as he was.

So basically Regulus considers himself as being the most satisfied person in existence, not wanting anything, but he is in fact the most greedy, hypocritical and arrogant. He constantly needs others to affirm his own self satisfaction, every single thing is a violation of his rights, this guy is a Karen, what's the male version of that anyway?

Anyway constant ramblings about his rights, look at him wrong? Violating his rights, kills or makes you suffer, Ignoring him? Violating his rights kills or makes you suffer.

The guy is over a hundred years old, and has had

He broke his childhood love's mind, slaughtered her family and forced her to marry him, thus forcing her to become his first of many wives. After doing all this Regulus finally sawa way to live–free of all worries, not needing anything as he considered himself satisfied as he was.

So basically Regulus considers himself as being the most satisfied person in existence, not wanting anything, but he is in fact the most greedy, hypocritical and arrogant. He constantly needs others to affirm his own self satisfaction, every single thing is a violation of his rights, this guy is a Karen, what's the male version of that anyway?

The guy is over a hundred years old, and has had

He broke his childhood love's mind, slaughtered her family and forced her to marry him, thus forcing her to become his first of many wives. After doing all this Regulus finally saw a way to live, free of all worries, not needing anything as he considered himself satisfied as he was.

The guy is over a hundred years old, and has had 291 wives and has never touched them, cause he wants them to remain pure, literally after abducting Emilia, the first thing he wanted to know is if she was a virgin, he is obsessed with pureness, any woman who isn't a virgin is a ***** to him, he also wants them to be mentally a virgin too, if that makes sense, you can't be interested in sex, in other words, cause that just proves they are a ***** in his warped logic.

The guy's criteria for picking his wives, is get this? Their face, that's all he cares about, and if any of them do the slightest time to displease him, he turns them into mincemeat, nothing can ever be his fault, it's always someone else's, this is why the dude only has 78 wives left now.
This guy was so bad, dude had to copypaste the reason why 3 times lol

@Noneless21 That was honestly just a mistake, but lol.

I raise everyone here Regulus, show me a bigger virgin.

All archbishops are scum, but Tappei (the author) clearly has a special dislike for Regulus, he has said as much.

While writing this i remembered some more stuff on Regulus, let me add that to my previous comment.

Probably posted about Regulus too much, but i just have to post some of these Q&A's the author said on him

Q: What would be the impression of Regulus-san as the protagonist of a galge?

A: The heroine that doesn’t listen to what he says will be made into mince meat and the heroine that does listen to what he says will be made into his bride as a harem object one by one.

Q: Being together with Regulus, most people would go crazy and be killed in a few minutes; is there anyone that could get along with him?

A: I don’t think anyone wants to be friends with scum.

Q: Regulus said that the face makes the woman; is he the sort of person that doesn’t care at all about the inside, as long as the face is good? Or does he think “Hmm, nope” and turn his back on them if their personality is horrible?

A: Girls he doesn’t get along with get turned into mincemeat, so the brides are all obedient.

Q: Supposing a bride with makeup on and a bride with no makeup appeared before Regulus, would he kill both of them?

A: It depends on if they had makeup on or not when he made them a bride. If they don’t look like he thinks they should, he’ll pay strict attention to them, and kill them afterwards.

Q: Is Regulus unconcerned about body type as long as the face is good? Also, if he’s allowed to change them, I think he’d want to turn them into the sort of doll he likes, but if he doesn’t like Capella, does that mean his interests are limited to natural faces?

A: He’s only interested in natural beauties. Being unsatisfied with the body you got from your parents is terribly greedy, and he doesn’t like that.

I'll just put Regulus below Timmy and and put Subaru above Seiya.

Roswaal is not a virgin physically so he isn't allowed

Also should I remove Timmy? Like he is chronologically 50 but he still is a child??

3. Johnny Bravo (thinks he is cool, tries to pick up chicks, fails miserably hundreds of times and is still a virgin and acts like one as well)
Sorry to burst your bubble but Johnny has canonically ******.

Some amazon women try to throw him in a volcano to sacrifice him, but the volcano only accepts virgins.

The volcano spits him out. You can guess the implication. Don't know how or why, but he has ******.

Last edited:
Some amazon women try to throw him in a volcano to sacrifice him, but the volcano only accepts virgins.

The volcano spits him out. You cam guess the implication. Don't know how or why, but he's ******.
ok fair enough

Spends all day inside his cringe pocket dimension
Is supposedly linked to loads of anomalies but created exactly two of them
Builds a massive fanbase of idiots out of his pure cringe edginess (like Andrew Tate, but worse)
Needs said idiots to kidnap and do naughty things to women for him to not be maidenless
Seven seals
Seven rings
No maidens for the Scarlet King

I demand that Dan is to be removed or bumped down the list. He did almost end up in a relationship with Hortence only for circumstances out of his influence to stop that so it could have happened. Yes, I know he ****** things up in the S2 episode, but the point still stands that he does the ability to get laid.

What about Issei Hyodou, the guy who sleeps in a bed with half a dozen naked girls and apparently still hasn't figured out that breasts aren't the only body part they have?

The mere existence of Subaru Natsuki gives me an idea for a thread listing the biggest simps on the Wiki. I don't know if anyone can beat Subaru, even the nerd in The Boys comic who is happy Queen Maeve chose to use him as a weapon, even though it killed him. Subaru's entire identity was intentionally written around simping, and worse still, it's treated as a good thing, as if leaving, marrying Rem and having a life and a family would be bad because it's more important that he simp for Emilia.

What about Issei Hyodou, the guy who sleeps in a bed with half a dozen naked girls and apparently still hasn't figured out that breasts aren't the only body part they have?
I hate to steal Bambu's line here but, this message gave me overwhelming psychic damage.

The mere existence of Subaru Natsuki gives me an idea for a thread listing the biggest simps on the Wiki. I don't know if anyone can beat Subaru, even the nerd in The Boys comic who is happy Queen Maeve chose to use him as a weapon, even though it killed him. Subaru's entire identity was intentionally written around simping, and worse still, it's treated as a good thing, as if leaving, marrying Rem and having a life and a family would be bad because it's more important that he simp for Emilia.
Calls Subaru the biggest simp on wiki, ignores Roswaal who has been simping not only for 400 years, but even goes as far as changing genders and having intercourse with random men, all to continue simping.

Don't even get me started on Subaru leaving with Rem, or the disrespect to Subaru, like I may have to drop a long paragraph/essay on you, with deep dives into the characters psyche, explaining for example, that Rem's love is obsessive and not healthy, why Subaru loves Emilia, like seriously Re Zero is far more than what you see on the surface, even psychologist are impressed with how realistic the characters psyches are.

Last edited:
Calls Subaru the biggest simp on wiki, ignores Roswaal who has been simping not only for 400 years, but even goes as far as changing genders and having intercourse with random men, all to continue simping.

Don't even get me started on Subaru leaving with Rem, or the disrespect to Subaru, like I may have to drop a long paragraph/essay on you, with deep dives into the characters psyche, explaining for example, that Rem's love is obsessive and not healthy, why Subaru loves Emilia, like seriously Re Zero is far more than what you see on the surface, even psychologist are impressed with how realistic the characters psyches are.
All this for Subaru to be the biggest simp on the wiki 🗿

True, it is important to remember that the reason Re Zero has so much simping in it is because the author literally wrote it so he could simp by proxy for Emilia.
Don't even get me started on Subaru leaving with Rem, or the disrespect to Subaru
Choosing to stick with Emilia who never does anything serious for him and only causes his death over and over. I'm well aware Rem is a few screws loose, but her willingness to die for him is definitely better in that regard, although it is sick that she's willing to abandon Ram all of a sudden, although that's only in the alternate outcome where he marries Rem.
Rem's love is obsessive and not healthy
In fairness, most romantic relationships have jealousy elements and other such things. I know a guy whose girlfriend is jealous that he hangs around with a male friend because that friend is gay, even though her boyfriend is most definitely not into men and just gets on well with that friend of his. And meanwhile she constantly talks about how great her older male boss is and even compares him to her boyfriend in various ways with her boyfriend usually being the one seen as lesser.
, why Subaru loves Emilia
Isn't it just him loving the idea of her more than anything?
, like seriously Re Zero is far more than what you see on the surface, even psychologist are impressed with how realistic the characters psyches are.
Because Subaru is basically just a proxy for the author to simp through. He's probably a lot like the author himself in terms of deep psychological tendencies. That author does have a thing for writing simpy male characters after all.

True, it is important to remember that the reason Re Zero has so much simping in it is because the author literally wrote it so he could simp by proxy for Emilia.

The author loves Emilia, he loves silver haired heroines, i don't really see the problem, you could say Subaru is a self insert for the author cause he has the same taste (literally has figurines of silver haired heroines), yet at the same time he absolutely punishes Subaru for it, his simping isn't validated, it's used as a story telling technique to show that it's a bad thing, will get more into that down below.

Choosing to stick with Emilia who never does anything serious for him and only causes his death over and over. I'm well aware Rem is a few screws loose, but her willingness to die for him is definitely better in that regard, although it is sick that she's willing to abandon Ram all of a sudden, although that's only in the alternate outcome where he marries Rem.

Subaru's love for Emilia isn't just some surface level stuff like he simps for silver haired heroines, he likes them sure, that's his preference, but it goes deeper than that. Let me break it down, Subaru has an inferiority complex due to his amazing father, the expectations people had for him for being his father's kid completely crushed him, he went from being good at everything to being average, everything he did was because he was Kenichi's son, he wasn't treated as his own person. Once he started falling behind, he started committing mischief so that people would want to be around him, which kept escalating until nobody wanted to hang with him. He tried to reinvent himself, by imitating his father, only to make a complete fool of himself, the reason why Subaru acts cringy and over the top, is because that's how his father acted at home, but even his father knew he couldn't act like that in society. So having made a fool of himself, nobody wants to hang with him, he becomes isolated, depressed. He hated himself, felt guilty, even wanted his parents to disown him, to prove that he is a worthless person, but they didn't. Being summoned to another world, he doesn't question it, because in another world nobody would know he is Kenichi's son, he could be his own person. He thought he would be the stereotypical mc with cheat abilities, instead, initially finds out he has no special abilities, gets beat up by the 3 thugs, and nobody even cared to help, except Emilia. Subaru in an unfamiliar world, with no one to care about him, then obviously attaches to the first person who shows him any kindness. Throughout the loops he learns that despite Emilia having her own stuff going on with the insignia which is very important to her, always no matter the timeline, finds time to help others, that's the kind of person Emilia is, that's why he cares for her, but i wouldn't say he feel in love with her till Arc 2. After dying multiple times Subaru works himself into sickness trying to get the people at the mansion to like him, and overdoes it, making himself suspicious, Emilia notices how hard he is working and gives him emotional support, an outlet to release his emotions, yes the lap pillow, this is where he truly falls for her, classic attachment. People just always forget this scene, this was massive for Subaru, and it's from this, seeing how weak Subaru looks after crying his heart out to Emilia, that Rem decides he isn't a threat to the mansion.

I will get into the latter half of your comment in the next part

In fairness, most romantic relationships have jealousy elements and other such things. I know a guy whose girlfriend is jealous that he hangs around with a male friend because that friend is gay, even though her boyfriend is most definitely not into men and just gets on well with that friend of his. And meanwhile she constantly talks about how great her older male boss is and even compares him to her boyfriend in various ways with her boyfriend usually being the one seen as lesser.

The reason i call Rem's love for Subaru obsessive and unhealthy is because, Rem has simply replaced Ram as her unhealthy form of attachment with Subaru. Looking at her backstory, this is obvious, she like Subaru has a massive inferiority complex, she lived her early life just being inferior to her genius sister, and even looked down on, people wished she wasn't born, so that Ram would have had 2 horns, she feels indebted to Ram because she saved her life, as twins were suppose to be killed, but also feels inferior. Being constantly reminded of how inferior she was to her sister, she subconsciously had a hatred for Ram's horn, the proof of her inferiority, when the horn was cut off, she smiled thinking finally it's gone, and because she felt that, she gets a massive amount of guilt. With Ram no longer having her horn, she then tries to become Ram's horn, whatever Ram isn't good at, she will becomes, she is just the replacement for Ram's horn, a continuation of her inferiority complex. Subaru constantly comments about how she is good at something, but she always deflects saying nee sama is better, if nee sama had her horn, she would be nothing compared to her etc etc. Rem's heart was closed to everything but Ram, who is her absolute priority. Anything that threatens Ram, has to be dealt with, both Ram and Roswaal saw her as a loose canon because of this, Ram was basically trying to keep her from doing anything rash to Subaru. As seen by episode 7 of the anime, it didn't work, just because Subaru smelt like the witch she wanted to execute him, why? Because the witch cultist are the ones who took Ram's horn, nothing can threaten nee sama. Through the events with the Ulgarm, Rem opens her heart to someone else, but this simply is Rem now replacing Ram, as being her highest priority, with Subaru. Rem takes her love to extremes. The issue with Rem's love, or Rem in general really, is that she doesn't develop, she has no identity outside of her love for Ram, and then Subaru, and will resort to some real messed up things to further that. She has no respect for herself, the Subaru she fell for is the Subaru that loves Emilia, and she is even willing to become Subaru's second wife, again no identity outside her love. Rem sacrificing herself for Subaru is noble, but people act like just cause she did that she deserves Subaru, nobody deserves anybody's love, that's a toxic mindset, it's the same exact thing Subaru did, just cause he saved Emilia, he felt he deserved her attention, that's wrong, nobody is entitled to another person's attention. Emilia does this exact same thing for Subaru, sacrificing herself for him, in later arcs. Emotions aren't rational, feelings just don't change on the fly, just cause Rem does things for Subaru, isn't gonna make his feelings for Emilia change.

Isn't it just him loving the idea of her more than anything?

Yes, the Emilia Subaru loved, is the kind heated girl who would intentionally put herself in harm's way to protect others, she is the angel who saved him, but Emilia is no angel, she is just a normal girl, with a shit load of mental issues, Subaru fully admits in season 2, that Emilia is no angel, and he shouldn't put her on a pedestal

Because Subaru is basically just a proxy for the author to simp through. He's probably a lot like the author himself in terms of deep psychological tendencies. That author does have a thing for writing simpy male characters after all.

Let me break it down for you, Roswaal is suppose to be foil/comparison to Subaru, a what if, if you will. Subaru is what Roswaal could be. This is the entire point of Arc 4, Roswaal is trying to force Subaru to become like him. He instigates the 2 incidents, one at the mansion, and the other at the Sanctuary, to force Subaru to choose between saving Emilia, and saving everyone else, why? To harden his resolve, Roswaal believes that a person can't change, because his simping, hasn't changed in 400 years, and you can't achieve your goal without sacrificing everything else. He knows Subaru loves Emilia, and in his messed up mentally, he wants Subaru to sacrifice everything for her, even if Subaru can rewind time, he can't be in 2 places at once, this is a lesson to Subaru, sacrifice everything for your one precious thing, become the biggest simp like me. But guess what happens Subaru rejects that, and saves everyone, he doesn't just simp for Emilia. Like i can go further into this, going into Subaru's mindset and Emilia's, but i don't it's necessary, the fact of the matter is Subaru didn't simp for Emilia, he choose everyone. Simping isn't treated as a good thing in story, in fact, we see what happens when Subaru becomes the biggest simp like Roswaal in the Greed If. This also disproves that Subaru only loves the idea of Emilia. When you love the idea of someone, you ignore what they want, you ignore the actual person, you don't see them for who they are. Subaru passed the trials by himself, ignoring Emilia and her mental hangups and saved the Sanctuary, and instead what happens is that everyone around him is broken mentally, he losses relationships. In the Greed If, Ram no longer treats him like a friend, but instead like an esteemed guest, cause Roswaal treats Subaru with respect, as Subaru has become like him, willing to do whatever it takes to love the "idea of Emilia". He ignored Garfiel's trauma, and dragged him out of the Sanctuary, and as a result Garfiel trauma was never resolved and is constantly getting more and more anger, on the verge of exploding. Emilia is mentally broken, completely reliant on Subaru because she never overcame he past, Beatrice doesn't even talk to Subaru anymore due to Subaru ignoring her will and dragging her out of the library. I could go on and on, all that comes from simping is mental trauma and broken relationship, this isn't portrayed as a good thing. Like literally Subaru white knights for Emilia in front of literally white knights, and gets his shit kicked in. He thought his simping for Emilia, entitled him to her affections, and instead just ending up with her distancing herself from him. Contrasted to the Greed IF, main story Subaru encourages Emilia to stand on her own, helping her overcome her past, convinces Beatrice to leave the library of her own volition etc etc

Everyone has their own preferences, i can respect if you don't like simping as a story telling device, but in Re Zero it's not treated as a good thing, it's just a device to develop the characters, Re Zero at it's heart is a character study. When you say Subaru is the biggest simp, it ignores the context ie that it's treated as unhealthy, and ignores the development.

Last edited:
The author loves Emilia, he loves silver haired heroines, i don't really see the problem, you could say Subaru is a self insert for the author cause he has the same taste (literally has figurines of silver haired heroines), yet at the same time he absolutely punishes Subaru for it
It's more like he punishes him for not being powerful. He's a butt monkey. A character who constantly gets punished for his lack of super power.
gets beat up by the 3 thugs, and nobody even cared to help, except Emilia. Subaru in an unfamiliar world, with no one to care about him, then obviously attaches to the first person who shows him any kindness. Throughout the loops he learns that despite Emilia having her own stuff going on with the insignia which is very important to her, always no matter the timeline, finds time to help others, that's the kind of person Emilia is, that's why he cares for her
This is okay, but all of the stuff just to say that he fell for her because she gave half a shit about him at no risk to herself isn't exactly huge.
but i wouldn't say he feel in love with her till Arc 2. After dying multiple times Subaru works himself into sickness trying to get the people at the mansion to like him, and overdoes it, making himself suspicious, Emilia notices how hard he is working and gives him emotional support, an outlet to release his emotions, yes the lap pillow, this is where he truly falls for her, classic attachment. People just always forget this scene, this was massive for Subaru, and it's from this, seeing how weak Subaru looks after crying his heart out to Emilia, that Rem decides he isn't a threat to the mansion.
Sure. It's still just Emilia showing fairly basic kindness out of sympathy for a weakling.
she has no identity outside of her love for Ram, and then Subaru, and will resort to some real messed up things to further that. She has no respect for herself
So a character who needs a mentor and support, in short. By this reasoning, wouldn't Ochako in MHA and Juvia in Fairy Tail also be toxic?
Rem sacrificing herself for Subaru is noble, but people act like just cause she did that she deserves Subaru, nobody deserves anybody's love, that's a toxic mindset
It's not about deserving it. It's interesting you see it that way, actually. It's more that he chose the shallow nice girl who extends basic kindnesses over the admittedly slightly crazy girl who would die to save him.
Simping isn't treated as a good thing in story, in fact, we see what happens when Subaru becomes the biggest simp like Roswaal in the Greed If. This also disproves that Subaru only loves the idea of Emilia. When you love the idea of someone, you ignore what they want, you ignore the actual person, you don't see them for who they are. Subaru passed the trials by himself, ignoring Emilia and her mental hangups and saved the Sanctuary, and instead what happens is that everyone around him is broken mentally, he losses relationships. In the Greed If, Ram no longer treats him like a friend, but instead like an esteemed guest, cause Roswaal treats Subaru with respect, as Subaru has become like him, willing to do whatever it takes to love the "idea of Emilia". He ignored Garfiel's trauma, and dragged him out of the Sanctuary, and as a result Garfiel trauma was never resolved and is constantly getting more and more anger, on the verge of exploding. Emilia is mentally broken, completely reliant on Subaru because she never overcame he past, Beatrice doesn't even talk to Subaru anymore due to Subaru ignoring her will and dragging her out of the library. I could go on and on, all that comes from simping is mental trauma and broken relationship, this isn't portrayed as a good thing. Like literally Subaru white knights for Emilia in front of literally white knights, and gets his shit kicked in. He thought his simping for Emilia, entitled him to her affections, and instead just ending up with her distancing herself from him. Contrasted to the Greed IF, main story Subaru encourages Emilia to stand on her own, helping her overcome her past, convinces Beatrice to leave the library of her own volition etc etc
The fact he is still so focused on Emilia's well-being over his own life arguably still is simping.
Everyone has their own preferences, i can respect if you don't like simping as a story telling device, but in Re Zero it's not treated as a good thing, it's just a device to develop the characters, Re Zero at it's heart is a character study. When you say Subaru is the biggest simp, it ignores the context ie that it's treated as unhealthy, and ignores the development.
It seemed it was his obsession and fake cockiness that was treated as unhealthy, not his simping for Emilia. Simping refers to the act of valuing someone highly and giving your own needs up for them while receiving nothing in return.

It's more like he punishes him for not being powerful. He's a butt monkey. A character who constantly gets punished for his lack of super power.

He literally gets his ass handed to him for white knight for Emilia, in any other isekai or series, Emilia being discriminating against and bad mouthed, would be followed by Subaru protecting her honor, and beating up Julius, and people would cheer that on, but because Subaru lacks power, it's somehow seen as bad. Both scenes are equally cringy/simpy imo

This is okay, but all of the stuff just to say that he fell for her because she gave half a shit about him at no risk to herself isn't exactly huge.

You know people don't even need a reason to fall in love with someone right? Subaru was a guy with boat loads of mental issues like depression, anxiety etc, before he even went to Lugnica. Being kind to someone who has being totally devoid of that, goes a long way, this is basic psychology.

I also don't understand the whole "no risk to herself", it seems you're saying that because Rem put herself in harm's way, it's more massive than what Emilia has done for Subaru? The idea that Emilia wouldn't also put herself at risk for someone is kinda dis-proven by the fact that she fought Petelguese on behalf of the villagers of Arlam, you know despite the fact that they all hate her, and think she is Satan, literally rejected her multiple times.

Sure. It's still just Emilia showing fairly basic kindness out of sympathy for a weakling.

It's almost like people form emotional connections with people they are attached to. I don't think we should downplay what Subaru went through, and what emotional support means to him. This is a guy who nobody can really understand due to return by death, not only does he have memories of relationships he formed, which he can't get back, he can't even talk about it with others, an emotional release goes a long way.

So a character who needs a mentor and support, in short. By this reasoning, wouldn't Ochako in MHA and Juvia in Fairy Tail also be toxic?

Ochako doesn't go around killing people she is merely suspicious of. Also you know Rem arguably sexually harasses Subaru? She gets off on sucking a sleeping Subaru's thumb. Also while you accept Rem needs a mentor and support, you put Emilia down for needing the same thing, like calling her shallow. Emilia is shallow by design, her memories were sealed, she grew up isolated with no memories of her past, while constantly suffering unjust hatred from everyone. She is also mentally a child, she was frozen as a 7 year old, but woke up as a teenager. Emilia is naive, pure etc, because of her circumstances, Rem loves Subaru and will die for him, there is a difference because Emilia doesn't even understand love. Because of the hatred aimed at her, she never even thought anyone would ever love her, and besides Puck nobody showed her any affection. Emilia takes time to develop, it doesn't mean she is bad, current Emilia would without question sacrifice herself for Subaru and has done so. It's only now that she is at that point, because she needed that support due to a lot of mental issues.

Like going into Emilia's psyche, you got childhood trauma from watching her mother killed in front of her, an inferiority complex, anxiety, trust issues, self hatred etc etc. She was afraid to open herself up to Subaru, because she thought, he would leave her, this is why she called herself Satella, to drive him away.

It's not about deserving it. It's interesting you see it that way, actually. It's more that he chose the shallow nice girl who extends basic kindnesses over the admittedly slightly crazy girl who would die to save him.

He already loved Emilia, just cause Rem would and has died for him doesn't magical change that, feelings don't change that easy. And again "basic kindness" for Subaru goes a long way. We can agree to disagree here, but i just don't want Emilia or Subaru to be brought down to elevate Rem.

The fact he is still so focused on Emilia's well-being over his own life arguably still is simping.

It's funny you should mention this, a major theme of Arc 4 is the fact that Subaru values everyone else over himself. Subaru hates himself, Rem's emotional From Zero speech was major thing for him, but what that essentially does is that Subaru wanted to be Rem's hero, he still had confidence issues, thought he was worthless etc etc. When Rem gets put in a coma, his every thought now is fear about the respawn point moving beyond where he can save others.

Anyway it's a weird argument to say because he is so focused on Emilia's well being he is simping, because Subau values everyone's well being over his own. And that's why Satella teaches him to love himself, to value his life. He forms genuine connections with others, who also do things for him without expecting anything in return.

In other words, he has grown.

It seemed it was his obsession and fake cockiness that was treated as unhealthy, not his simping for Emilia. Simping refers to the act of valuing someone highly and giving your own needs up for them while receiving nothing in return.

Where are you drawing the line here? By that definition, anyone who loves someone is simping, because they value them, and expect nothing in return. Like this is just a weird argument to me, we clearly see what happens when Subaru simps for Emilia in Greed If, it's not healthy, also is simping, not also an obsession? Weird distinctions being made here.

Subaru in arc 4 puts everyone's life above his own, sacrificing himself and constantly runs into dead ends, it's only when he opens himself up to others that he gets through the situation. He gets a friend who even though what Subaru says sounds crazy, not only believes in him, helps him, and also puts his life on the line, is Otto now simping for Subaru? Is there no such thing as love, whether that's romantic or friendship. Seems to me like you consider love and friendship to be things where you need to get something in return for.

Anyway i think this is derailing this thread, so not going to continue this conversation further, i will respect your opinion, and i hope you will respect mine.

Last edited:
He literally gets his ass handed to him for white knight for Emilia, in any other isekai or series, Emilia being discriminating against and bad mouthed, would be followed by Subaru protecting her honor, and beating up Julius, and people would cheer that on, but because Subaru lacks power, it's somehow seen as bad. Both scenes are equally cringy/simpy imo
It is true that both scenes are stupid. That smartphone guy from the smartphone isekai series is a Mary Sue with all the personality of a wooden board. Still, the series doesn't rip on him for simping, it rips on him for daring to not have power. Many series suffer from that kind of moral issue.
. Being kind to someone who has being totally devoid of that, goes a long way, this is basic psychology.
True. That's part of why there's so many simps these days.
I also don't understand the whole "no risk to herself", it seems you're saying that because Rem put herself in harm's way, it's more massive than what Emilia has done for Subaru? The idea that Emilia wouldn't also put herself at risk for someone is kinda dis-proven by the fact that she fought Petelguese on behalf of the villagers of Arlam, you know despite the fact that they all hate her, and think she is Satan, literally rejected her multiple times.
Heroic, but not so much loyal to Subaru. It's fine either way.
It's almost like people form emotional connections with people they are attached to. I don't think we should downplay what Subaru went through, and what emotional support means to him. This is a guy who nobody can really understand due to return by death, not only does he have memories of relationships he formed, which he can't get back, he can't even talk about it with others, an emotional release goes a long way.
It's true support goes a long way for people in pain, yeah.
Ochako doesn't go around killing people she is merely suspicious of.
Some people have called Ochako toxic for her attempts to imitate Midoriya.
Also you know Rem arguably sexually harasses Subaru? She gets off on sucking a sleeping Subaru's thumb. Also while you accept Rem needs a mentor and support, you put Emilia down for needing the same thing, like calling her shallow. Emilia is shallow by design,
Why are you getting accusatory about me calling her actions shallow when you yourself just said she was shallow? And it's more about his determination to die over and over for someone who wouldn't do it for him.
Rem loves Subaru and will die for him, there is a difference because Emilia doesn't even understand love. Because of the hatred aimed at her, she never even thought anyone would ever love her, and besides Puck nobody showed her any affection.
This is a rather long way of admitting she doesn't have as much support for him as he has for her.
Emilia takes time to develop, it doesn't mean she is bad, current Emilia would without question sacrifice herself for Subaru and has done so. It's only now that she is at that point, because she needed that support due to a lot of mental issues.
That's fine. It's not her development, it's Subaru obsessively simping for her simply for the chance she'll decide he matters.
Like going into Emilia's psyche, you got childhood trauma from watching her mother killed in front of her, an inferiority complex, anxiety, trust issues, self hatred etc etc. She was afraid to open herself up to Subaru, because she thought, he would leave her, this is why she called herself Satella, to drive him away.
That's fine.
He already loved Emilia, just cause Rem would and has died for him doesn't magical change that, feelings don't change that easy. And again "basic kindness" for Subaru goes a long way.
It's more his determination to get himself ripped apart over and over for someone who only ever saw him as a passing person.
We can agree to disagree here, but i just don't want Emilia or Subaru to be brought down to elevate Rem.
It's not about elevating Rem. She's half insane with a serious cruel streak, a tendency to forcibly make Subaru's decisions for him, a creepy ability to shift away from Ram as her focus, and a violent paranoia that could be diagnosed by a psychiatrist. It doesn't change the fact that Subaru mindlessly simps for Emilia and it's his lack of power which he is constantly punished for.
It's funny you should mention this, a major theme of Arc 4 is the fact that Subaru values everyone else over himself. Subaru hates himself, Rem's emotional From Zero speech was major thing for him, but what that essentially does is that Subaru wanted to be Rem's hero, he still had confidence issues, thought he was worthless etc etc. When Rem gets put in a coma, his every thought now is fear about the respawn point moving beyond where he can save others.
That's fine.
Where are you drawing the line here? By that definition, anyone who loves someone is simping, because they value them, and expect nothing in return. Like this is just a weird argument to me, we clearly see what happens when Subaru simps for Emilia in Greed If, it's not healthy, also is simping, not also an obsession? Weird distinctions being made here.

Subaru in arc 4 puts everyone's life above his own, sacrificing himself and constantly runs into dead ends, it's only when he opens himself up to others that he gets through the situation. He gets a friend who even though what Subaru says sounds crazy, not only believes in him, helps him, and also puts his life on the line, is Otto now simping for Subaru? Is there no such thing as love, whether that's romantic or friendship. Seems to me like you consider love and friendship to be things where you need to get something in return for.
I think Ikkaku said it well in Bleach when he told off the guy who likes to punch people from behind. He said you should only put it all on the line for someone who would do the same for you. It's not a matter of exchange so much as not putting effort into people who don't care about you.
Anyway i think this is derailing this thread, so not going to continue this conversation further, i will respect your opinion, and i hope you will respect mine.
That's fine.

If academic essays on the virginity of fictional characters are good, I can try I guess:

As I have established earlier, Khahrahk ‘The Scarlet King’ Treeoflife is an absolute virgin. His first thing to do after being brought into this world was to commit homicide on his brothers, before going off to make a cringe pocket dimension where he stays in all day and never leaves. Not only that, he has formed a crappy fanbase who get sacrifices instead of getting maidens. To even go touch a woman, said crappy fanbase had to give them to him rather than him just going outside. Furthermore, unlike the Chad Mekhane, Khahrahk has created 0 anomalies. They are all created by his crappy fanbase. And even his children, who were produced non-consensually with the aforementioned women, are all extremely edgy and cringe, except for the family outcast, who is the only one with actual decency. In conclusion, Khahrahk sits in his pocket dimension all day, has to have women given directly to him to get any maidens, and has a cringe and edgy family.

Bowser constantly harrases a engaged woman tring to force her to marry him, has a son even trough never got laid and tried to make that woman think It was her son too. a extreme simp looser that can't take a no as a awnser

Oh right... In that case...
QXRjJI-O2_gXJF4BhGMrx4JQdvhhmbZpjHzr2cbfvRg.jpg

I guess I can offer these two gentleman

Mr Turn To Page 394 - For being a virgin that only wanted to get with Lily, got cucked and then lost her to Mr No Nose and remained loyal ever thereafter and took it out on the son of the guy who cucked him.

Dame Da Ne Guy - Never got with his childhood sweetheart either, sings baka mitai and runs an orphanage and remains a virgin from thereout. Rings high on the chad level though

Back