• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cradle Series Discussion Thread

I’m looking at the speed for some of these guys at monarch lvl and it’s relativistic? Shouldn’t it be like infinite speed in there fighting at speeds comparable to teleportation?
From what I remember it's less so that their fighting at speeds comparable to teleportation and more so that they are so much faster compared most attacks/others attacks at their level that any of those attack short of teleportation is relatively "slow" to them

You can certainly interpret the statement/feat in a somewhat infinite speed way but I think the above explanation perfectly fine and more consistent than outright infinite speed, though as it is I am working on some infinite speed stuff for Judges

From what I remember it's less so that their fighting at speeds comparable to teleportation and more so that they are so much faster compared most attacks/others attacks at their level that any of those attack short of teleportation is relatively "slow" to them

You can certainly interpret the statement/feat in a somewhat infinite speed way but I think the above explanation perfectly fine and more consistent than outright infinite speed, though as it is I am working on some infinite speed stuff for Judges
Either way they should be far faster than just relativistic if anything that isn’t instantaneous and is considered “slow” for them. I’ll probably go back and read through that part but wasn’t there also a moment were malice like reacted to yerin teleporting?

Either way they should be far faster than just relativistic if anything that isn’t instantaneous and is considered “slow” for them. I’ll probably go back and read through that part but wasn’t there also a moment were malice like reacted to yerin teleporting?
I'll try rereading some of these scene to get a fresh opinion on them
Gonna check out the tracker gate trilogy soon
Nice I read it a while ago so my memory of it is somewhat foggy but if you do end up reading it you can probably help make profiles for that

Finished book 1, pretty good setup. My only complaints are that I would have liked to see Simon interact with alin and Leah more before the sacrifices started. I also would have liked more scenes from alin’s percpective to see what he thinks of Simon and him exploring his territory. And Andra just getting dragon fang on a silver platter kinda bothers me.

Finished book 3, liked the ending but it definitely needs more books, it straight up felt like the beginnings and of another arc
Yeah it is getting more books, Will already confirmed that his next project in Amalgam(The Iteration the Series takes place in) is a "Traveler's Blade" Trilogy but if you're looking for a bit more travelers gate content immediately there the "Traveler's Gate Chronicles" which is a collection of short stories taking place a short time after book 3 within the various territories.

also what your thoughts on the ending? The more I think about the more mixed feelings I have about it
It's been a bit since I read it but I thought the ending was mostly fine but as you said before it felt like it was leading into another series. At first I was disappointed cause it felt kinda like a big cliffhanger but with the knowledge that Will is going to continue it at some point in the future I'm fine with it

It's been a bit since I read it but I thought the ending was mostly fine but as you said before it felt like it was leading into another series. At first I was disappointed cause it felt kinda like a big cliffhanger but with the knowledge that Will is going to continue it at some point in the future I'm fine with it
Idk, I’ve been going back forth on it mainly because of Simon pledging himself to Leah and the eldest getting on him to take back Kathrine fang

Idk, I’ve been going back forth on it mainly because of Simon pledging himself to Leah and the eldest getting on him to take back Kathrine fang
True, You'd expect that he'd finally get some control over the direction of his life now that he's become the master of Valinhall but it still feels like people are just sending him around on errands though hopefully that could change by the next series.

I think I kind of get the decision to have him pledge himself to Leah being sort of him being like Indrial who sort of did the same for the last ruler but yeah the sheer lack of person direction Simon had by the end did feel unsatisfying

Added a page for Akura Charity

Added the page for the sage of endless swords

New thread to officially add a few calcs that got accepted and further breakdown the speed and lift strength scaling

Finished Cradle and the two Last Horizon books.

Going through Elder Empire now (1/3rd of the way through). Afterwards, I'll re-read Traveler's Blade (and its short stories) while taking notes for its profiles.

There is a likely Multi-Continental feat in Elder Empire that scales to Cradle's Sages/Heralds (Wouldn't upgrade Cradle, but be a great supporting feat. Consistency!).

The Emperor swirled the tea in his cup, thinking. “What do you know about Nakothi, the Dead Mother?”
Shera’s flesh seemed to crawl at the very mention of the name, and she thought she heard whispers coming from somewhere nearby.
“Only what everyone knows,” Lucan said.
“Pardon me if I am somewhat unfamiliar with what everyone knows,” the Emperor said drily. “I was the one who drove the spear into Nakothi’s heart, before her death-throes leveled a continent and created the Aion Sea.”

-First Shadow, Chapter Sixteen

Made a keyword search ahead for more context of the event, and these are what I found:
“This island, as you may have noticed, is not normal.” His mother stomped the ground, which slapped as though she’d kicked someone in the ribs. “According to our records, it began as the land where Nakothi’s corpse fell when she was defeated by the Emperor and Estyr Six. The Dead Mother’s body landed here, after her death throes shattered the land around her.
Estyr gave a wry grin. “A few times. Hammering out the Empire was more than just slamming Nakothi through a continental shelf.”
The sheer scope of the destruction made him wonder if he and Estyr were the only living humans left for a thousand miles. The earth shook and rolled like the sea in storm, fire boiling up from below. The ocean rushed in from all sides, meeting magma in explosions of steam. Towering cathedrals toppled, crashing into fortresses and smashing homes to dust.

The death throes of Nakothi, the Dead Mother, had destroyed this land. Were still destroying it, in fact—the Great Elders did not die easily. Miles to the west, her great body heaved, breaking mountains. A single hand big enough to blot out the sun thrust into the sky, reaching up as if for salvation. Her pained screams cut through even the cracking of a shattering continent.
The Hydras crowed at the sight, delighting in the destruction. It raised memories of Nakothi’s death, and the devastation that had swallowed an entire continent.

The Empire is made from the eastern continent of Aurelia and the western continent, Izyria. The Aion Sea is an ocean (described as such many times) between them, and a voyage between the two continents takes weeks.

It is stated that the distance between two locations are thousands of miles apart:
They paid taxes because their ancestors had always done so, but they never received anything in return. There were no roads. No one gave them food or shelter from the winter storms. No Guild came to defend them from the frequent Kameira attacks, and there were no chapter houses within a thousand miles. Quite simply, they had never been part of the Empire, except in name.

-Second Sea, Chapter Nine
“We needed an early warning system, but the Great Elders died thousands of miles apart. It took us decades to finally track down and kill them all. If they started to stir, I could never act in time, no matter how early the warning. I needed a way to respond to all the Great Elders from a single location.

-Second Shadow, Chapter Sixteen
Statues of the Emperor, designed and invested by the man himself to amplify Reading, were spaced out hundreds or thousands of miles apart as part of the Optasia system. The Capital had the highest concentration, with three such statues located in a rough triangle outside the city’s borders.

-Last Sea, Chapter Nineteen

Furthermore, it is stated that it is daylight at Aurelia while night at Izyria, so the two continents surround Asylum's planet:
The sudden shift to darkness startled her until she realized it made sense—they were seeing events all over the world. It was common knowledge that people in Izyria saw the moon while the Aurelian continent enjoyed daylight, but it was disquieting to see the truth of it before her.

-Second Shadow, Chapter Eighteen

One of the Great Elders is chained in a drowned city at the bottom of the Aion Sea.

Will stated that the Sword Sage is comparable to the Emperor.
A fight against Yerin's master would be pretty even. Depends on the circumstances at that point, like how well-armed the Emperor is and how seriously the Sword Sage takes the fight from the very beginning.

I combined two cool cover arts of the protagonists, which would fit the official illustration section in the Willverse page.

AzKVWAR.png

For the scaling, the other good scalable feat so far is a character's punch shaking an entire underground arena, which is maybe Tier 8.
She managed to duck the strike, leaving his punch to hit solid stone.
The low wall cracked, shaking the entire arena.
So we will likely use Will's statements scaling the mid-tiers to Simon.

There are also lore quotes and a glossary, which are useful for creating a blog for Asylum's power system if we get to it eventually. The Elders are essentially sealed Fiends.

Going through Elder Empire now (1/3rd of the way through). Afterwards, I'll re-read Traveler's Blade (and its short stories) while taking notes for its profiles.

There is a likely Multi-Continental feat in Elder Empire that scales to Cradle's Sages/Heralds (Wouldn't upgrade Cradle, but be a great supporting feat. Consistency!).

The Emperor swirled the tea in his cup, thinking. “What do you know about Nakothi, the Dead Mother?”
Shera’s flesh seemed to crawl at the very mention of the name, and she thought she heard whispers coming from somewhere nearby.
“Pardon me if I am somewhat unfamiliar with what everyone knows,” the Emperor said drily. “I was the one who drove the spear into Nakothi’s heart, before her death-throes leveled a continent and created the Aion Sea.”

Made a keyword search ahead for more context of the event, and these are what I found:
“This island, as you may have noticed, is not normal.” His mother stomped the ground, which slapped as though she’d kicked someone in the ribs. “According to our records, it began as the land where Nakothi’s corpse fell when she was defeated by the Emperor and Estyr Six. The Dead Mother’s body landed here, after her death throes shattered the land around her.
Estyr gave a wry grin. “A few times. Hammering out the Empire was more than just slamming Nakothi through a continental shelf.”
The sheer scope of the destruction made him wonder if he and Estyr were the only living humans left for a thousand miles. The earth shook and rolled like the sea in storm, fire boiling up from below. The ocean rushed in from all sides, meeting magma in explosions of steam. Towering cathedrals toppled, crashing into fortresses and smashing homes to dust.

The death throes of Nakothi, the Dead Mother, had destroyed this land. Were still destroying it, in fact—the Great Elders did not die easily. Miles to the west, her great body heaved, breaking mountains. A single hand big enough to blot out the sun thrust into the sky, reaching up as if for salvation. Her pained screams cut through even the cracking of a shattering continent.
The Hydras crowed at the sight, delighting in the destruction. It raised memories of Nakothi’s death, and the devastation that had swallowed an entire continent.

The Empire is made from the eastern continent of Aurelia and the western continent, Izyria. The Aion Sea is an ocean (described as such many times) between them, and a voyage between the two continents takes weeks.

It is stated that the distance between two locations are thousands of miles apart:
They paid taxes because their ancestors had always done so, but they never received anything in return. There were no roads. No one gave them food or shelter from the winter storms. No Guild came to defend them from the frequent Kameira attacks, and there were no chapter houses within a thousand miles. Quite simply, they had never been part of the Empire, except in name.

“We needed an early warning system, but the Great Elders died thousands of miles apart. It took us decades to finally track down and kill them all. If they started to stir, I could never act in time, no matter how early the warning. I needed a way to respond to all the Great Elders from a single location.

Statues of the Emperor, designed and invested by the man himself to amplify Reading, were spaced out hundreds or thousands of miles apart as part of the Optasia system. The Capital had the highest concentration, with three such statues located in a rough triangle outside the city’s borders.

Furthermore, it is stated that it is daylight at Aurelia while night at Izyria, so the two continents surround Asylum's planet:
The sudden shift to darkness startled her until she realized it made sense—they were seeing events all over the world. It was common knowledge that people in Izyria saw the moon while the Aurelian continent enjoyed daylight, but it was disquieting to see the truth of it before her.

One of the Great Elders is chained in a drowned city at the bottom of the Aion Sea.

A fight against Yerin's master would be pretty even. Depends on the circumstances at that point, like how well-armed the Emperor is and how seriously the Sword Sage takes the fight from the very beginning.

I combined two cool cover arts of the protagonists, which would fit the official illustration section in the Willverse page.

AzKVWAR.png

For the scaling, the other good scalable feat so far is a character's punch shaking an entire underground arena, which is maybe Tier 8.

There are also lore quotes and a glossary, which are useful for creating a blog for Asylum's power system if we get to it eventually. The Elders are essentially sealed Fiends.
Haven’t gotten the chance to get to the empire series yet, but I did finish cradle and travlers gate

AzKVWAR.png

Damn this is great stuff, I haven't gotten too far I to Elder Empire but currently I'm re reading Travellers gate while marking down important stuff.

Thanks for all this information

New addition thread for the cosmology, Ozriel and Eithan

Cosmology Blog

Ozriel's Profile Sandbox

Eithan's Profile

The official profiles for Ozriel and Eithan have been added + I overhauled the general verse page

Also as I start reading the Elder Empire series in earnest this time I'm also working on a profile for Simon from traveler's gate

Back