• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cooler vs Cell

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
Cooler vs Cell

Metal Cooler after he adapted to Goku. Toei Imperfect Cell just before absorbing 17.

Big Gete Star cloning is allowed (both as an advantage and disadvantage for Cooler as Cell can blow it up).

Speed equal.

Meta Cooler
Imperfect cell
Weakling!

Toei Goku was stronger than restrained SS Broly, who destroyed entire sections of Southern Galaxy.

Perfect Cell stomped SS Gohan, who was at least as strong as SS Goku and Super Perfect Cell was ultimately defeated by SS2 Gohan.

This means Super Perfect Cell is at least twice as strong as Toei SS Goku and Z SS Broly.

It has been stated that each movie villain is stronger than the last, so if we take this as fact we can ascertain that Super 13 is stronger than Meta-Cooler and LSS Broly is stronger than Super 13. Coming to an overall scaling of:

Super Perfect Cell > Perfect Cell > LSS Broly > Super 13 > Meta-Cooler.

Meta-Cooler scales to stomping a Pre-HBTC Android saga Goku and Vegeta but we know Goku grew at least more than twice as powerful, considering 50% Goku was considered to surpass Vegeta, by Vegeta himself.

Overall, due to the scaling chain and the fact that Goku has grown potentially several times stronger due to HBTC training, Meta-Cooler should be at a pretty huge AP disadvantage against Cell.

From here, we can look at their abilities and see:

Cell:

• Master Martial Artist (Far more skilled than Cooler)
  • Energy Absorption
  • Barriers (Can cancel out energy)
  • Solar Flare (Can blind)
  • Multi-Form technique (Splits power)
  • Regenerationn (Low-High means Cooler has to completely vaporise Cell to win)
Cooler:

• Inorganic (Cell likely can't absorb his energy directly)
  • Information Analysis (Can adapt to Cell's superior skill)
  • Instant Transmission (Displays much more experience and skill than Cell, actively using it in combat)
  • Cloning (Copies seem to all be full power but I assume this is 1v1 w/o Big Gete Star cloning)
Surprisingly, Cell doesn't actually have anything over Cooler in regards to techniques or abilities from what I can tell, other than Regenerationn. His primary advantage (skill-wise) is his vastly superior martial arts but Cooler's Information Analysis and Reactive Evolution could adapt to that quite easily.

I forget if this is ever mentioned, but Cell's Regenerationn should drain his energy considerably due to being inherited by Piccolo's Namekian genes whereas Meta-Cooler's Regenerationn seems to have no such stamina limit.

Cell could realistically vaporise Meta-Cooler with his massive AP advantage, but I think if Cell's saiyan blood kicks in, he may allow Cooler to grow stronger for a better fight. In which case, Meta-Cooler could defeat Cell due to his superior abilities.

This overall could go either way, so I'll wait and see what arguments others make.

I didnt mean Toei SPC, but imperfect Toei cell, at the moment he absorbed 17.

PaChi2 said:
I didnt mean Toei SPC, but imperfect Toei SPC, at the moment he absorbed 17.
So you mean Semi-Perfect Cell? In that case, Meta-Cooler likely wins.

Semi-Perfect Cell was much weaker than Post-HBTC Grade 2 SS Vegeta, who claimed 50% of Post-HBTC Goku had surpassed him. If we go based on the scaling presented we can say:

Post-HBTC Goku > Post-HBTC Vegeta > Semi-Perfect Cell > Imperfect Cell >> Android 17 = Piccolo > Imperfect Cell (Pre-Absorbs) > Android 18 >> Android Saga SS Vegeta

Meta-Cooler scales to stomping Android saga SS Goku and SS Vegeta and it was only with their combined power that they managed to destroy him mid-Regenerationn. However, film Piccolo was considered to have been Post-Kami Piccolo, who scales to Android 17 and Meta-Cooler definitely surpasses him.

We can't ascertain the gaps between Imperfect Cell, Semi-Perfect Cell or G2 SS Vegeta but we can consider Android 16's scaling:

Semi-Perfect Cell > Semi-Perfect Cell (restraining) >> Android 16 = Imperfect Cell >> Android 17 = Piccolo

We can overall ascertain that Meta-Cooler can comfortably lie anywhere between Android 16 and Android 17 on this scale. So how strong is Semi-Perfect Cell?

Imperfect Cell already far surpassed 17 and we can say his absorb would at least stack 17's power, making him less than twice as strong in Semi-Perfect. Of course, we can't really scale or claim the actual boost of becoming Semi-Perfect but this is the lowest estimate we can make.

Overall, Semi-Perfect Cell seems to be possibly at least twice as powerful as Meta-Cooler.

Meta-Cooler's abilities and BFR advantages would overall make him reasonably capable of adapting to, and overpowering, Semi-Perfect Cell unless Cell goes straight for the kill.

Wait, so it was Post Kami Piccolo who was in Cooler movie and he still was regarded as weaker than both Super Saiyans?

Even then, Imperfect Cell is so massively above Piccolo is not even funny. Then Suppressed Semi Perfect Cell couldn't even get scratched by a hit of 16. He easily wins if he goes for the one shot which is completely possible.

Oh, and the Regenerationn doesn't drain Cell's energy as far as I am aware.

Imperfect Cell when he owned both Piccolo and 17.

Sorry if saying "when he absorbed 17" led to misunderstanfing, I meant it as Imperfect Cell at that moment (when he absorbed 17) and not the first time he fought Piccolo.

I think the OP is clear about which versions are used.

It says under Meta-Cooler's key:

Solar System level (Matched and ultimately overwhelmed SSJ Goku before overpowering both him and Vegeta together, overwhelmed Piccolo fused with Kami)

Even then, Imperfect Cell is so massively above Piccolo is not even funny

Imperfect Cell's only scaling is overwhelming Piccolo and 17. Meta-Cooler is stated on his page to overwhelm Piccolo, so they should be in the same ballpark.

Then Suppressed Semi Perfect Cell couldn't even get scratched by a hit of 16. He easily wins if he goes for the one shot which is completely possible.

Cell would need to blow Cooler apart with ki to kill him. If Cooler isn't killed and regenerates, he will adapt to Cell's power and scale up to him. So Meta-Cooler defeating Semi-Perfect Cell is pretty reasonable.

Oh, and the Regenerationn doesn't drain Cell's energy as far as I am aware.

Looking it up, Cell apparently suffered a big drop in his Ki when he regenerated from Goku's Instant Kamehameha, so it seems he does drain a lot of energy. I don't understand why he didn't seem to have been drained when regenerating from just his core but whatever.

It's possible Super Perfect Cell was just that powerful, but it's more realistic to assume it's a plothole.

@PaChi2

Ah, I see. As I say above, Meta-Cooler shouldn't be far from Post-Absorbs Imperfect Cell due to overwhelming Post-Kami Piccolo.

Meta-Cooler's Reactive Evolution, Information Analysis and Instant Transmission mixed with a drainless Regenerationn should give him all of the edge he needs to defeat Imperfect Cell.

I will vote for Meta-Cooler, unless someone gives good argument for Cell.

Oh, Imperfect Cell. I'll go Meta Cooler FRA then now.

@Cyro

I meant that even Piccolo's last resort attack didn't even phase Imperfect Cell at all, so the gap is huge.

As for the energy drain part I don't remember it correctly but it didn't seem to affect Cell in the long run when fighting Gohan.

Anyways since this is Imperfect I agree that Cooler will just catch Cell in the long run and overpower him.

I meant that even Piccolo's last resort attack didn't even phase Imperfect Cell at all, so the gap is huge.

Characters can be completely unphased by even their opponent's strongest attacks if they have a 2x gap in Dragon Ball, to memory.

As for the energy drain part I don't remember it correctly but it didn't seem to affect Cell in the long run when fighting Gohan.

Not for Super Perfect Cell, no. But it did drain him badly as Perfect Cell against Goku, but he was given a Senzu Bean.

Meta-Cooler because it seems like he, surprisingly, is just versatile enough to win in a scenario like this via superior intelligence and teleportation.

Also I really like the match-up because Toriyama apparetly worked at both Cooler and Cell's designs at around the same time. Maybe with a few tweaks SPC could look closer to Cooler's super evolution form.

Back