• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Controversy time! Who do you think is the most overrated verse in terms of strength.

ZespeonGalaxy

He/Him
Am I opening a can of worms by saying SMT being 1-A does not sound true to me? Of course I am! Anyways. Title says it all, list a verse you think has a tier that is flatout wrong. (For example X says "Mario is not 2-B but rather 2-C to 3-A") Please keep this classy and civil, avoid any drama!

how did you manage to write "i agree with 2-B mario" as "mario isnt 2-B, hes 3-C/3-A" and why would you bring it up in a thread for characters you think are wanked
Cause some people think Mario could be over so slightly wanked. Trust me he might be depending on your person. And I made a typo in the post :p

yeah, you said that, do you have a reason not to?
Reddit convinced me. And I'm going to say. It was r/DeathBattleMatchups 🕵️‍♂️🕵️‍♂️🕵️‍♂️🕵️‍♂️

ok? well whats the reason??
From what I understand fighting platonic is "outerversal" and "concepts" that are supposed to be outerversal which does not make sense to me. And dimensions merging is 1-A apparently. At least from my understanding and knowledge. I do not know much or close to anything to SMT. And is my humble opinion.

From what I understand fighting platonic is "outerversal" and "concepts" that are supposed to be outerversal which does not make sense to me. And dimensions merging is 1-A apparently. At least from my understanding and knowledge. I do not know much or close to anything to SMT. And is my humble opinion.
what? i havent heard any platonic stuff for SMT, its at least not the main point for 1-A, and i have no idea what youre talking about with dimensions merging, you also didnt say why thats wrong, you just said it apparently was 1-A

from what i understand SMT 1-As just scale to a place thats completely beyond spatial dimensions

if you dont know anything about SMT why form a hard opinion on it

I just don't believe 1-A SMT.
We don't scale Megami Tensei to outerversal using Platonic scaling. In fact, Platonic concepts aren't even considered as such on the wiki. Refer to this CRT for our outerversal justifications.

I'm gonna say it.
H6A One Piss
2Q.png

How does one get into SCP My Cousin LOVES SCP and I think me knowing where I get to know anything would be neat
It's really hard to get into the nitty gritty Outerversal-Boundless Noosesphere stuff (Even I don't completely understand it, and I've been reading SCP for years), but the best way to just get into it is to just start reading some profiles. Some of my favorites include SCP-682 (Only read the article canon and it's termination logs, since you're just getting into it), SCP-5655, SCP-6373, and SCP-3008. But if you don't want to read specific SCPs, then pick a couple at random from each series.

Am I opening a can of worms by saying SMT being 1-A does not sound true to me? Of course I am! Anyways. Title says it all, list a verse you think has a tier that is flatout wrong. (For example X says "Mario is not 2-B but rather 2-C to 3-A") Please keep this classy and civil, avoid any drama!
I will ask you few simple things.

Do you even know what 1A is? If I ask you define and describe what a 1A is can you do it without looking at Tiering System page description? Can you visualize 1A? Do you know what it looks like?

Like people so casually say "I can't see this being Tier 1 blah blah blah", without even knowing what Tier 1.
Like how do people expect game devs or manga artists or animators to display Higher Dimensional or infinite stuff on screen?
The moment something goes beyond 3B it becomes difficult to show something matching it on screen. Like even a 3A universe creation or destruction requires some statements and such to go along with visuals to confirm that such is happening, because it cannot be discerned by visuals alone.

In real life we cannot even visualize 4D objects, how do scalers expect presentation of such things to exist accurately in fiction? We don't even know what they look like, so can we judge if someone looks 4D or not? Are we even qualified for such things?

And people wonder why all Tier 2 verses and above are all statements and lore verses.

I will ask you few simple things.

Do you even know what 1A is? If I ask you define and describe what a 1A is can you do it without looking at Tiering System page description? Can you visualize 1A? Do you know what it looks like?

Like people so casually say "I can't see this being Tier 1 blah blah blah", without even knowing what Tier 1.
Like how do people expect game devs or manga artists or animators to display Higher Dimensional or infinite stuff on screen?
The moment something goes beyond 3B it becomes difficult to show something matching it on screen. Like even a 3A universe creation or destruction requires some statements and such to go along with visuals to confirm that such is happening, because it cannot be discerned by visuals alone.

In real life we cannot even visualize 4D objects, how do scalers expect presentation of such things to exist accurately in fiction? We don't even know what they look like, so can we judge if someone looks 4D or not? Are we even qualified for such things?

And people wonder why all Tier 2 verses and above are all statements and lore verses.
I want to ask in return: What is the POINT?
At that point, it's hard to even find matches for people in that tier. What is the purpose of having tiers like that where someone is unfathomably powerful? You can barely even make matchups between people in the tier..

At that point, it's hard to even find matches for people in that tier. What is the purpose of having tiers like that where someone is unfathomably powerful? You can barely even make matchups between people in the tier..
Because matches on this site are ultimately irrelevant.It's just for fun.

Our main task is accurate indexing of worse. Doesn't matter if the verse becomes unviable for matches.

If a verse is that powerful you get some bragging rights here and/or here, but beyond that I wouldn't recommend to hold too much pride or anything like that, as what ultimately makes a verse good isn't scaling, but the fond memories you may have of it.

For another verse, The Fairly OddParents for some reason only has Timmy scaling to the main feats while other characters, despite harming Timmy on a regular basis, don't scale to him (at least his higher physical tiers) because as Eficiente says "they harm regular Timmy" which I outright disagree with (no offense if you're reading this). By this logic, Dennis would not scale to Spongebob and Patrick's 8-B rating because he is only threatening 9-A Spongebob and Patrick.

Last edited:
I mean, if you ask me, VS debating in itself is a pretty pointless hobby beyond whatever kicks we manage to get out of it. How many times have we made fun out of ourselves for spending our time on it? And 98,762% of match threads never go anywhere anyways

Back