• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Controversial Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadicalMrR

VS Battles
Retired
Ok so i've been thinking and I want to know if adding a new tab for controversial matches under wins/losses/inconclusive would be ok since this seems to happen every other week.

Or alternativly we could make a page with a list of these maches.

It's just a good heads up for people who are new or never knew these matches aren't allowed.

The main problam with these mach ups is sometimes an admin don't see them like the Original Hit Vs Superman thread and people just grow a blood feud with one another with in seconds of these matches being posted.

Thoughts?

I do not know. We have rules for civil conduct, but I don't think that we can make a list of matches that are not allowed.

I agree with Matt here in all honesty. I keep seeing rage comments and fanboyism everywhere whenever a Goku vs Superman fight gets brought up.

Like it doesn't matter where you do it at, people will never be quiet about who truly wins between the two.

Okay. I will write a rule about it. I don't think that it will help much though.

Should i bring it up to Kav about it? Cause i know for a fact he doesn't want to have to see another match about this and i'm pretty sure he knows how controversial it can get if not more.

I have seen that so. Alrighty then.

Now for me here, idk what other match could we CONSIDER banning here on. So far, Goku vs Superman (regardless of which versions are used) is really controversial. So that's about it for me here.

Well, I have informed Kavpeny, and also wrote the rule in general terms, so people have to use their own judgements regarding which matchups that might cause controversy and hostility.

Hit Vs Superman (This happened 2 times and both got out of hand Cross can vouch for this)

Goku Vs any other big shounen hero in Goku's tier

It's just a good way for newcoomers to know that these maches arent allowed and to help reduce the amount it happens plus there aren't that many (and most of them involve DB go figures)

We could let the community put other matches they feel get to out of hand here aswell

Well, we have limited space, and cannot make a long list. It would incorporate too many characters.

Antvasima said:
Well, we have limited space, and cannot make a long list. It would incorporate too many characters.
I see.Well thats ok then.I was just trying to make a better system for this type of thing

I think Radical is right on the Hit vs SBP one as well, especially since Hit and Superman's results got taken out ALL BECAUSE the arguments were mostly just solely of Hit's time stopping and beating up SBP so......there is that one too.

So yes, i can say that's another one that we can say is too hostile to have if nobody cannot make an actual argument that doesn't involve saying "time stop lol beatdown". :/

It's really up to ones interpretation of what counts as controversial, so I don't think there's much that can be done about that.

Seems kind of pointless to point out one or two of them, In my opinion.

Well I can give you another one right now Black Goku ...

Now you may be thinking but hes not a problam.Your right for the time being but the second he matches SSB Vegeta or Goku or any one else who is tier 3-B or higher I can garantee you atleast like 5 different threads in a span of a week putting him up against Superman with the mentallity of, it's not technically Goku.

I mean same case with Hit,managed to match Goku and got a part of the fanbase to love him now we have that shit storm that was those threads.

Speaking of Supes

Post-Crisis Supes has at least 3 threads already against DBZ characters in this week alone, all also under the mentality of "Lol he's not Goku". If we were to add them, and restrict characters like Black Goku, we might begin a flame war bigger than VSB might handle...

I will admit that I do enjoy debating in those threads, but they do seem to be becoming rather problematic. I think making a very specific rule like "No Goku vs Superman" or "No Hit vs Pre Crisis " and such aren't going to do well. They are oddly specific, comes across as us singling things out and as a whole will not help. Like SD and Radical said people will probably try to work around it using characters that are essentially the same in power and series (such as replacing Superman with SBP and Supergirl or Goku with Goku Black and Hit.)

Perhaps a more broad and encompassing rule such as no DC vs DB threads in general would serve as an all around better rule.

^I don't know about that Ryu it's just that Superman and Goku(especially Goku) have fans that live and die by them and sometimes they cen get a bit toxic.the Hit Vs SBP match literally everyone was civil (so civil that there were literally comments about how a thread like that could be so civil.)All because they had more of people how were actually thinking about who would win with way less biest other then the mind set of "Goku aint lossing to this guy today"

@Radical yes that thread was all around civil. However I feel as a whole there will be people who will still put Superman against all these different DB characters as powerful as Goku. Or Goku against all these powerful characters that technically aren't Superman.

Making a bunch of rules like "No Superman vs Goku" "No Black Goku vs __" and such will just start to get ridiculous. Either we make one rule that covers all these potential issues or no rule at all. Making multiple rules for only some of these possible problems and not others as opposed to one rule that takes care of most/all of them isn't as effective or professional in my opinion.

And I really don't mind DC vs DB threads personally myself. If anything I enjoy debating in them regardless of outcome. In an ideal world we would be able to have DB vs DB threads without it derail to flame wars and people taking things personally. But sadly that is not the world we live in (at least not for a majority of the time)

How about just no DB character Vs Superman or varients and Goku or Goku related character(Turles,Bardock,Black Goku) Vs DC characters?

I do agree with it's not as proficcient but there are really good and intressting fights that can happen between these 2 verses like Trunks Vs Wonder Woman (Badass sword users) or Piccolo Vs Martian ManHunter (Green powerhouses) Jimmy Olsen Vs Krillen (Better teribble sidekick) all these cool match ups shouldn't be forbbidon because of these two.

@Radical you do bring up a fair point with that. Maybe something broader but not quite as wide like what you are suggesting could be fine. Perhaps we should see how others feel.

The rule should probably be "No Goku vs Superman, or any variations of it (i.e.: Krypto vs Vegeta, SBP vs Champa, Supergirl vs Goku, etc.) Like @Ryu, I don't mind the threads at all, but if it has to be done, it has to be done.

How about something along the lines of "No vs threads with Superman, alternate versions of Superman or members of Superman's family against Dragon Ball characters"

I see what your putting down but like where does it stop and where does it end.

Because like 80% of the entire DB verse all have the same powers as one another (Flight,Super Strengh,Super Speed,Afterimage Solar flare,Ki manipulation)

I have adjusted the rule to:

"Preferably avoid controversial matchups, such as Goku versus Superman, or Dragon Ball versus DC or Marvel Comics characters in general, as they recurrently lead to hostility between different members."

Antvasima said:
I have adjusted the rule to:
"Preferably avoid controversial matchups, such as Goku versus Superman, or Dragon Ball versus DC or Marvel Comics characters in general, as they recurrently lead to hostility between different members."
It also could apply to DB vs SS

I disagree with DB vs Marvel/DC matches being banned. It's starting to limit the options available for making vs threads.

Well VS threads are not a priority of this site. Indexing powers and maintaining a civil/respectful environment here are priorities. And if a secondary thing such as DB vs Comic matches are infringing upon one of those things (which many users have numerous examples of these threads turning hostile) then it is best to get rid of that thing.

Also this thread is a month old and had a conclusionary rule change that most users agreed upon. Maybe it'd be best to close this thread now.

I'm just going with the flow here, just to note to anyone that. Tho if i have to say this, restricting the use of matches between those of DB against those from Marvel/DC does sound restrictive since that;s like a load of characters to ban each other in VS threads and all.....

But Ryu has a point in that VSBW is a site that, much like all others such as the OBD Battledome and the ACF wiki, we're primarily that of an index site and all other stuff related to it. VS threads here are like whatever to me. *Shrugs*

I don't want to restrict the usage of VS threads either. However a lot of matches in this style have been interfering with more important things for this site such as maintaining a civil and and respectful environment here.

Making all these specific rules like "No Superman vs Goku" and "No Hit vs SBP" and "No Beerus vs PC Supes" and such just starts to be ridiculous and not practical. A more broad and inclusive rule would be far more effective and (while it will restrict VS threads from being made which I do not like) it will also help out something of far more importance to this wiki.

As far as the whole DBZ vs DC/Marvel goes, i'm neutral on this one. Matches between them CAN be exciting, but it usually devolves into Goku, Goku, Goku, Goku, (repeat 5000 times) or Superman, Superman, Superman, Superman......

One thing I noticed is that it's literally just the Superfamily. I have never seen a hostile Marvel vs DB thread.

Personally I don't mind allowing Marvel or other DC characters besides Superfamily against Dragon Ball as long as it can reasonably be considered a somewhat fair/balanced match.

Ya know that really makes me think: How the hell did we went from "Don't make any Superman vs Goku matches of any kind" to "Don't make any DB vs Marvel/DC matches"? I really don't get that.

The only annoying thing we all know is that of Superman vs Goku. That's it. I don't get anything about any of the other DB characters taking on any of the other DC/Marvel characters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back