• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Verse-Specific Rule Removal (And Small Bleach Rule Change)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand, but I'd like you to bring me some evidence of these vague statements/that this is what it's based on. I'll remind you that I am not a weebverse admin. If this is true, then I can agree to the rule being removed, though in the future I think it'd be faster to just provide this intel from the outset when dealing with one such as I, rather than presuming I hadn't read what information was provided.
The evidence is all in the OP, Bambu:

"The current size for the Seireitei is accepted as being 509.3 kilometers in radius based on a statement from Yoruichi in chapter 76. There are visuals and other issues that contradict that size but there is also supporting evidence that indicates a large size for the Seireitei. Any future revisions concerning the size of the Seireitei should wait for additional evidence from the likes of databooks, adaptations, Word of God, etc. which could affect our current understanding of the Seireitei."

This is the discussion rule, it links to the calc for the 509.3 kilometer radius (made by me actually). It also comes with two links of a CRT discussing the different calcs and visuals that lead to differing results that led to the accepted 509.3 kilometer calc I had made. My calc is made off an in-universe statement that gave us a vague idea of the size of the Seireitei, but it still required assumptions of a high, mid, and low end.

We recently found a new in-universe statement that we discussed in a CRT here. This requires no assumptions, it's literally telling us Seireitei is so large that a leak on it's surface extended 785 kilometers, yet only covered 30% of the Seireitei's surface. It's a literal size statement unlike the vague calcs we had to make that gave us the 509 kilometer statement that our discussion rule is based on.

No, not the evidence of the new number. I've read that. I am specifically asking for evidence of your last claim, lad- that the old number was from "vague statements". A thread, perhaps, that decided upon the old number?

I will reiterate, for the (hopefully) last time, I did read the OP. Sometimes people on VSBW should be assumed to be capable of doing so. I even read the linked things, like a good little sailor.

I will reiterate, for the (hopefully) last time, I did read the OP. Sometimes people on VSBW should be assumed to be capable of doing so. I even read the linked things, like a good little sailor.
Then you would've seen that it came from this calc which derives the 509.3 kilometer radius from a "40 days walk around the perimeter" statement that requires multiple assumptions:
  • How fast they were walking
  • How many hours of rest each day
As opposed to the new calc that literally comes from a given size number.

My lord it is difficult to get information in these threads

Thankfully, I had forgotten that the calc does link to the thread I'm asking for, now to just find it on the new forum. Thanks for that small blessing, at least.

My lord it is difficult to get information in these threads

Thankfully, I had forgotten that the calc does link to the thread I'm asking for, now to just find it on the new forum. Thanks for that small blessing, at least.
Personally do not blame you, I don't like how non-straightforward and derailed the thread became halfway into it. It's becoming too frequent.

Alright, I've found your old thread and can confirm what you're telling me. With that happy little investigatory adventure out of the way, I can agree to the rule change to recognize the new value as the size of Seireitei over the old one. You'll probably want to grab a couple other staff members (discussion mods or admins preferably) to dogpile onto this and then the rule can be changed formally, as in a cruel twist of fate the non-HST guy is the only one who answered Gondor's call for aid.

Cheers.

In truth though, remove the Versus thread rule until it becomes a problem again, and update the Seireitei rule. That's fine.

I believe we have enough support to apply these changes, with two thread moderators and two admins agreeing while zero mods disagreeing.

@Damage3245 Can you apply these changes to the rules?.

I am fine with Bambu's conclusions here.

Would a staff member be willing to apply the accepted changes please?

Reworded like so:

"The current size for the Seireitei is accepted as being 785.45 kilometers in radius based on information from interviews mentioned in the above link. There are visuals and other issues that contradict that size, but currently the word of god is held to be the most reliable source on this matter. Any future revisions concerning the size of the Seireitei should wait for additional evidence from the likes of databooks, adaptations, Word of God, etc. which could affect our current understanding of the Seireitei."

Reworded like so:

"The current size for the Seireitei is accepted as being 785.45 kilometers in radius based on information from interviews mentioned in the above link. There are visuals and other issues that contradict that size, but currently the word of god is held to be the most reliable source on this matter. Any future revisions concerning the size of the Seireitei should wait for additional evidence from the likes of databooks, adaptations, Word of God, etc. which could affect our current understanding of the Seireitei."
Thank you.

It also seems like you removed the versus rule as well, which means this thread can be closed.

Yes. Thank you very much for helping out, Bambu. 🙏🎅

I will close this thread then. Thank you to everybody else who helped out here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back