• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Controversial Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because there is a shitton of Superman clones and a shitton of Goku clones in either DC or DBZ. So it ends up being nearly the same, I guess @Cross

CrossverseCrisis said:
Ya know that really makes me think: How the hell did we went from "Don't make any Superman vs Goku matches of any kind" to "Don't make any DB vs Marvel/DC matches"? I really don't get that.

The only annoying thing we all know is that of Superman vs Goku. That's it. I don't get anything about any of the other DB characters taking on any of the other DC/Marvel characters...
Exactly my point. Those 2 are really prominent, really controversial, and i haven't seen shade thrown towards say.....Bardock....or....Human Torch (yes i know the tiers are different, i was just making a point)

@Saikou: So your telling me that in both franchises, we essentially have several characters to deal with that have more or less the same powers as Superman or Goku? Wow that is ******** as all hell.

But what about the characters that "aren't" like them tho?

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Because there is a shitton of Superman clones and a shitton of Goku clones in either DC or DBZ. So it ends up being nearly the same, I guess @Cross
This. If Goku beats Supergirl it's essentially the same as him defeating Superman. If PC Supes defeats Hit then it's essentially the same as him beating Goku and so on. And I have seen plenty of similar DB characters put up against Superman because "it's not Goku" when really it kind of is and brings up the same level of controversy/hostility.

I agree that something like Bizzaro vs King Cold shouldn't be a thing. However, if it's someone who's not a Superclone, like for example, Green Lantern, then I see no problem with it. Heck, even Woman is different enough to not be the controversial match. Only Marvel I see being a problem is Hyperion.

The real cal howard said:
I agree that something like Bizzaro vs King Cold shouldn't be a thing. However, if it's someone who's not a Superclone, like for example, Green Lantern, then I see no problem with it. Heck, even Woman is different enough to not be the controversial match. Only Marvel I see being a problem is Hyperion.
That's what i'm saying. I mean what Ryu and i suppose what Saikou said does sound reasonable as to why this is here, couldn't allow matches between these franchises that doesn't seem too similar to Goku or Superman or something?

I agree DC characters who are radically different than Superman vs Dragon Ball does not seem like too big of a hassle. However Ant does not seem online right now and he's the one who added the new rule. So while discussing our own opinions is good we should also probably wait and see how he feels about keeping or changing/removing it.

I agree with the decisions regarding Dragon Ball vs DC Comics.

However, are there any other controversial matches regarding specific Verses any of you know of?

For instance, Dragon Ball Super vs Saint Seiya threads are more often then not a headache.

Actually, it's more of DB as a whole vs Saint Seiya, Matt. Really....really....annoying...to see the same argument or conclusiuon of the DB characters being atomized or haxed to death by them.

I agree with db vs saint seiya being annoying with the same arguements over and over, though it hasn't been a problem recently, at least i haven't noticed any db vs saint seiya threads. It is certainly a headache when it happens but it doesn't happen too frequently, when was the last db vs saint seiya thread? Must be at least a month now i think.

They haven't been frequent in a while.

My main issue, however, aren't the fights themselves, those are just often simple stomps.

The problem is that in many threads a Dragon Ball fan or two will pop out of nowhere to try "Debunking" Saint Seiya and say that it's all wank.

@Matthew I agree matches involving db and saint seiya usually end in a stomp for saint seiya with the same old arguements of hax and speed. Not sure if i have seen anyone try to debunk saint seiya in db vs saint seiya matches as it's usually just filled with people saying saint seiya stomp because of hax and speed, though one or two people like that could pop up as they might not be able to accept that db is inferior to saint seiya from a power standpoint and that seems to get to some db fans. I think something needs to be done about the matches as well.

Ironically, all of this stims from Toryama's inability to think above a single, stellar, level.

If he could evolve some kind of potent hax for his franchise, we wouldn't be having this issue anymore.

Marvel vs DB isn't the issue, it's Goku himself from what i've seen. It's his lack of hax.

Every fight he is in is either "Goku wins" or "It's a stomp thread pls close admin"

Because of the tier he's in without Hax, with the addition of the new Speed Stomp rules, really limits what Goku can do.

Well, I do not follow versus threads, and as such am not informed about them.

I simply tried to make a somewhat generic regulation regarding that obviously controversial matches should preferably be avoided, based on personal experience, and used DB versus Marvel and DC as examples, since I was told that they tended to end up with hostility.

But apparently it doesn't seem to be that case completely, Ant. If anything, i think we went too far with this rule since it does limit the crap out of who we can have from these franchises being able of taking on against here...

I really do not care much if DB vs DC/Marvel Comics gets banned, though if others don't want threads to get limited, I think just banning Superman related characters against DB would suffice.

Ryukama said:
How about something along the lines of "No vs threads with Superman, alternate versions of Superman or members of Superman's family against Dragon Ball characters"

@Ryukama: I'm not saying that we should uplift this and just have it to only banning Superman vs Goku. Just more of where we can do matches of say, for instance, "anyone DC character that's not similar to Superman vs any DB character that's similar to Goku" sort of thing from earlier.

But yours works as well too, Ryu.

@Cross I understand where you're coming from.

Also Dragon Ball, Marvel and DC pages do not even make up 8% of the total profiles we have on this site (and yes I do get there are other factors like power, stats, popularity and amount of knowledge people have on the character, etc.) but banning matches of this kind really is not that restrictive and still leaves for a huge variety of other threads if people wanted to make them.

But once again if people don't appreciate this rule I think a compromise to no Superclones vs DB would work out fine as well.

Well dude, someone just had to make a complaint from earlier about this now that i'm reminded of it after hours since my....comment, of it. :/

In any case, it's just whatever. I mean we could still do this but i guess that DB, DC, and Marvel are so popular that people still want to make matches between them when there's like...dozens of franchises here that we have that they can use.

@Cross once again I am not blaming/disagreeing with you on anything and get what you mean.

I simply think banning DB vs Comics is really a rather small "restriction," and even if it were a bigger one it does not take precedence over other issues here. But despite that I am still open to hearing compromises if people still do not agree. That's all I'm getting at.

And people can still make matches between DB and other franchises, or DC, or Marvel, versus other franchises. It isn't that big a restriction.

@Ryukama and Antvasima: I see. And because i was reminded that we have dozens of other franchises of this now after hours of talking here, i now don't see why this is a big deal...

Antvasima said:
And people can still make matches between DB and other franchises, or DC, or Marvel, versus other franchises. It isn't that big a restriction.
Indeed. Also my 8% number was very generous. I counted weapons profiles (which would never be used obviously), the verse pages themselves, blogs, calcs and characters that would be too weak or too OP to be put in DB vs Comics matches in the first place (like Primal Monitor, TOAA, Batman, Bulma,etc.) It really is a tiny restriction.

Ryukama said:
How about something along the lines of "No vs threads with Superman, alternate versions of Superman or members of Superman's family against Dragon Ball characters"
I believe Ryu's proposal to be a good middle ground.

I think that it seems safer to keep the regulation the way that it is, and that it is too tiny a restriction to be a problem.

Yeah. All in all in the end for me, i'm just gonna say "screw it" and just go with the flow of what's been done here earlier.

Should I close this then? It already seemed concluded a month ago and was brought back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back